Is it normal for a grown man to kiss his mom on the lips?

Hi. I have a question. I recently saw my husband kiss his mom on the lips (as a greeting). NEVER before seen that. I felt disgusted and disturbed. Is this normal? I had to put a stop to that. I do not morally accept that. What are your thoughts?

272 Likes

Oh ffs! It’s his MOTHER! I kiss my dad on the lips and my mom and my kid! Jesus

35 Likes

Whats the big deal :confused:

3 Likes

Wow lol I can’t even right now
It’s normal

1 Like

That normal she is his mother it not meaning nothing sexual

Ok I’m the odd one but to me a grown man kissing his mom on the lips is a bit weird. Never in my life have I seen a grown man kiss his momma on the lips. Cheek, forehead yes. Lips no.

22 Likes

Unless he’s giving his dear ol mum a frenchy, which I doubt, it was probably a peck on the lips, if so you need to let it go, some families are raised that way

6 Likes

I don’t kiss my parents on the lips! always on the cheek!

5 Likes

It’s not a big deal. A peck on the lips to his mother is very different than kissing his wife/girlfriend.

5 Likes

Get over your self, upset over him giving his mama a kiss, she gave him life. You put an end to it? He should literally end it with you.

11 Likes

Normal most places around the world. :blush:

1 Like

Maybe they went for a cheek kiss and miss judged the angles… Happens with me and my dad every now and then. Nothing to get grossed out about unless u see some tung action.

1 Like

Old ladies always kiss on the lips.

This sounds controlling and insecure ! That is his mother !!

9 Likes

It’s his MOTHER💁
GET OVER IT … FAST

5 Likes

You sexualized it in your own dirty mind, thats his mom how dare you put a stop to that. Maybe your hubs should put a stop to your bullshit.

Normal as fuck and u have some issues !!

His Mom. His Choice :woman_shrugging:

Oh gees pick ur battles thats nothing to be weirded out and why comtrol him and tell him he cant kiss his momma my mom kisses me on the lips and i kiss my son on thr lips grow up a bit he could be kissing another women instead of his momma

4 Likes

And then he divorced you cause you controlled him and his mothers relationship smh

11 Likes

After like 10 years old, it’s weird.

5 Likes

My daughter who is 7 n 6 they kiss me on the lips its not werid it’s only werid if theres tounge sorry you think its werid

1 Like

I’m 38 and I kiss both of my parents on the lips. Always have and always will. Grow up!! It’s his mom you jealous weirdo!

7 Likes

There is nothing wrong with it. Get your mind out of the gutter.

1 Like

My nephew kisses me on the lips and he’s 19. His mom died when he was 2 and I’ve been filling her role. I have no issues about that, neither should you.

I only witnessed one man kiss his mother on the lips. Their relationship certainly wasn’t healthy or normal, but it didn’t cross any major lines either. Just very much so a mama’s boy that hadn’t cut the apron strings and she was content keeping it that way. Maybe their relationship is why them kissing on the lips seemed weird to me.

I didn’t kiss adults on the lips around puberty and my kids don’t either. But that’s my preference and how I was raised and what I consider normal. We can’t tell you what to do/ think/ expect. You need to talk to him and find out what works for y’all. Personally, I couldn’t tolerate it and it never happened again. At least not in front of me.

2 Likes

In some cultures its a greeting. Kisses on the cheeks… some on the lips. If you’re not comfortable with it… ask your husband.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it, shows effection not a sexual thing.

2 Likes

I don’t kiss my parents on the lips. That is weird. I actually dont kiss either of my parents :woman_shrugging: something you probably grow put of. I dunno.

4 Likes

I used to kiss my parents on the lips but now it’s just the cheek. However my kids get kisses on the lips too.

1 Like

Normal for some people. I think it’s weird when you’re an adult but whatever.

2 Likes

You should’ve asked this before you reacted!

“I had to put a stop to it”

First of all you are not in control of him.

9 Likes

my husband doesn’t do it but if that’s something that your husband has always done I don’t think you should stop him from doing it. That should be his personal choice but that’s just my opinion. Because if it was the other way around I surely wouldn’t let him influence what I did

2 Likes

I kiss my boys on the lips all the time and saame with my daughter. I think it’s totally normal as long as they aren’t using tongue. Lmao

2 Likes

Get your mind out of the gutter.

2 Likes

I’m 22. I’m abt to be 23 and I still kiss my mommy​:joy::joy::joy: i mean she doesn’t like to kiss me bc she gives head but sometimes she will LOL

2 Likes

As long as they weren’t making out, you don’t get to tell someone else how they get to greet their parents.

2 Likes

Mom had him before u.a mom kiss and other kisses are different. Did your parents kiss u on the check or somewhere. I see no wrong unless it’s a really kiss

I am with you, I would get disturbed as well. I don’t find it normal. Go ahead and attack me all you jerks out there, but that’s not how I grew up, so yes, it’s weird to me! So I find nothing wrong with her finding it weird and feeling off about it. If she’s uncomfortable, so what. People need to stop verbally attacking her for this. Everyone feels differently about things. Maybe her husband was okay with her feeling weird about it, we don’t know the WHOLE story.

3 Likes

No problem .only if you make it one …:lips:

My kids are 12 and almost 15 and kiss me on the lips :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe you can ask them not to do it in your presence. I think it’s kind of messed up tho to ask him to stop completely. He was obviously raised that way and as a mother of boys myself I would have strong feelings about someone asking that of my child.

2 Likes

I would suggest that if he told his mum he wasn’t ok with it anymore and her reaction was to lose her mind (or vice-versa if she told him she wanted to stop and he tried to guilt trip her) then that’s the problem and the kissing is a symptom.

Or if you said “hey it gives me the heebie-jeebies, can you please stop kissing your mum on the lips?” And he lost it…then again, that’s the problem.

Nothing is wrong with what’s happening as long as its not an obligation

I have two boys and kiss them both on the lips. No big deal

2 Likes

I kiss my boys in the lips

I have always kissed my parents, grandparents, aunt and all my children. She gave birth to him…maybe you have underlying issues that need to be addressed.

7 Likes

First of all you have no right to put a stop to it. You do not control your husband . 2nd it’s normal a lot of people kiss their kids on the mouth.

1 Like

I did it my whole life till I hit adult hood now we kiss on the cheek. My kids kiss me on the lips too but thier kids. I don’t see anything wrong with it personally it’s thier parents

My baby girl can always kiss me on the lips as long as she’s comfortable doing so! I myself never kissed my parents on the lips past 10ish but I wouldn’t judge some one who does. We came out of our mothers vaginas in most cases so been a lot closer than a kiss on the lips :joy::joy:

Why didn’t you ask you husband about it? His the first person you should’ve put your question too not FB…
Everyone has different-ways of showing affection n that’s the way they were raised…

3 Likes

Not an issue, ya weirdo lol jk

Im 31 and I kiss my mom on the lips.

It’s a mother’s and child’s love. Doesn’t matter the age. I hope my girls never get too afraid to kiss their mama no matter the age

2 Likes

Lol what did they use tongue?:joy:

1 Like

Is it a peck on the lips…??? As long as there is no lip locking, lingering, or tongue…:joy: I think it’s okay.

6 Likes

At least she’s not still breast feeding him lol he loves his mom and is setting an example to your kids that no matter how old you are you always need your Mom and to show her that you love her, even if it’s just a kiss(money isn’t everything).

3 Likes

Youre freaking gross. You are the one sexualizing it and making it weird. Maybe talk to your husband about it. Not the internet.

4 Likes

“Morally accept that” ??? So…you dated this man and married him and through out this whole time you never saw him interact with his mom??

It’s his mom! My husband is 54 years old and still kisses his mom on the lips, he even kisses his brother on the lips, it’s just a way of showing affection, nothing harmful, it’s how you’re raised that determines if it’s wrong or not, I personally do not see an issue kissing your loved ones!

2 Likes

Not weird at all!! Only weird if you make it weird

1 Like

I think after a certin age it should just be a kiss on the cheek

3 Likes

So was this a sloppy joe a liplock or peck … did it linger are the normally a very close family and show effection and this is just the first time you seen this details people details matter

2 Likes

To me it’s fine. Not everyone’s mom is a monster. A peck is okay, a long weird kiss is creepy.

4 Likes

You had to put a stop to it? Lol ooookay then. I kiss my kids on the lips and I have never seen anything wrong with it. I think it pretty common and normal.

5 Likes

Sounds like a personal problem that you created by thinking inappropriate things about something innocent…

Like, I’d be worried if you ever kiss your baby/kid since you think nasty thoughts about other mothers kissing theirs…

4 Likes

It’s normal, the only time u have to worry if it’s some random chick. Honestly I kiss my dad on the lips, same with my mom

4 Likes

Girl, that’s nasty and I would put a stop to it to.

3 Likes

I kiss my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa the lips when I see them

2 Likes

In many cultures it’s perfectly acceptable.

3 Likes

It’s his mom. I don’t see an issue. I mean I don’t kiss my parents on the lips anymore, but there’s nothing wrong if someone does. Why is it such an issue to you?

…seriously? I’m almost 30 years old and I’ve kissed both of my parents on the lips my entire life. As do my siblings. And, I kiss my kids on the lips too.

I’m weirded out by the fact that you don’t kiss your family on the lips. However, it’s not something I’d get upset over or would have to “put a stop to it.” Marriages are difficult enough. Pick your battles wisely.

9 Likes

I personally think its gross but it is very normal!

Many cultures practice this as a form of Respectful greetings my gosh why would u think so SICK if there was no making out tongues come on u know the difference but if it makes u feel uncomfortable ask. Your husband kindly would u consider kissing his mom :kiss: on cheek instead but no its no problem

2 Likes

First of wtf is wrong with you. This his mother. It’s way more common then you think. If u think theres something wrong with that then you need to get your head out the gutter.

7 Likes

With all the real issues people face daily… :thinking:

2 Likes

Unless he shoved his tongue down her throat or groped her while doing it then mind your business and stop thinking you can dictate what your husband does

11 Likes

It’s supposed to be something between you and your husband that’s just too intimate to do to family I always cringe even when mothers kiss their toddlers on the mouth just no

4 Likes

Most people do kiss there mother on the lips so yes I don’t like it but that is there business.

2 Likes

Oh, you must be missing something… Kissing your own parent is a very affectionate way of showing love.

5 Likes

Every family is different and you also need to take into consideration 1. Their culture 2. Thay she is from a different generation

4 Likes

Alot of people do that. I find nothing wrong with it. It’s not a “dirty” thing.

4 Likes

You’d be disgusted by me too then lololol

3 Likes

You’re disgusting if you think showing love and affection to your family is an issue. I kiss my mama on her lips every time I see her. Same with my daddy til the day he died. Same with my sister and her kids.

5 Likes

It’s his MOTHER. leave it alone. (IMO.)

4 Likes

It’s his mom, get over it

5 Likes

Sometimes we go in for a kiss and it lands on the mouth I love my family I kiss them every time I see them yes there’s been times our lips touched but Its not disgusting

2 Likes

I think your over thinking it and gross for sexualizing a kiss between a child and their mother no matter the age of the child.

3 Likes

Do you have mama issues?

2 Likes

First of all you people who are trying to shame this question from this Mom you guys are sick this is a group or we are allowed to ask questions you are not supposed to have hate speech when someone just asking a question not allowed to say what the hell is wrong with you and just be rude all together she’s asking a question she’s not asking to be put down, and in my opinion I don’t think it’s normal for the kiss your parents when you’re even a teenager at older I haven’t ever kissed any of my parents my mom maybe kisses me on the cheek but that’s it don’t shame somebody just cuz you have a question because you never know until you ask moms are supposed to be sticking together not attacking each other

6 Likes

I mean, unless there is tongue action or it seems a kiss of passion then I don’t see anything wrong with it. Be happy he has a healthy and loving relationship with his mom :blush:

1 Like

My ex husband did that…I hated It!!! GROSS :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::angry::angry:
I have no moral issues… they were just nasty with it!

4 Likes

I kiss my daughter on the side of the lips sometimes when I go to kiss her cheek. Maybe that’s all it was? Maybe they both went in for a kiss at the same time and it just ended up that way, after all you have never seen him do it before. Either way, if they are comfortable with it and aren’t behaving inappropriately in other ways, you should just let it go. You should be glad he loves his mom, maybe that means he will respect women more.

1 Like

I wouldn’t question the act itself because I don’t see a problem with it and I hope that no matter what age my son is, he would always give me a kiss. Whether it’s on the cheek, the hand, the forehead, or the lips. What would disturb me is if it’s never happened before, why it would just start happening out of the blue? Not that it would disgust me, I would just be curious to know.

1 Like

My kids better always kiss me

5 Likes

At the end of the day, She is his wife. They are both grown. Not children anymore, bc yes I kissed my parents up until a certain age on the lips. That is what cheeks are for.

3 Likes

It isn’t their fault you find it sexual. It seems like you’re the one with the problem :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes

Maybe it was an accident. Like when you don’t know which direction someone is turning their head lol

I wonder when it will become unacceptable to kiss my son? …not

7 Likes

What is wrong with you? The fact you’re making it something it’s not means you have the issues. Not him. My dad does it still. He’s my dad. It’s literally that. Family. He made me. You don’t get to tell your husband how he and his family show their love for one another. That’s not on at all.

14 Likes