Is it odd that my MIL has this photo on her wall?

Do you think it’s inappropriate for my mother in law to have a family photo of my husband and his ex-wife and kids on her wall

72 Likes

No Only Because The Kids Are Involved

12 Likes

No because kids are involved

3 Likes

No. Its her grandkids

3 Likes

Nope :woman_shrugging:t2: he had a life before you, they are the parents of her grandchildren.

Take family photos and give her one to hang up.

33 Likes

It’s still apart of his life and the kids’ life

1 Like

Maybe it’s the only photo she has of her son and grandkids ? Give her a nice updated one without the ex ?

25 Likes

Nope. My in laws have picture of my husbands ex wife and their child together. We also have meals together on regular basis

3 Likes

I plan on doing this soon because my boyfriends mom has a picture of all of them with his ex in the picture. Time to UPDATE!

2 Likes

No, before your time and it isn’t your house.

4 Likes

Why not just the father and kids, why the ex wife???

7 Likes

Nope, also elders don’t “clear all photos” of an ex partner/grandchildren photos.

3 Likes

She is the mother of her grandchildren, she was/is a part of their life

6 Likes

Yes. Should be updated.

5 Likes

My nana had us all take a family photo one year for thanksgiving. So all the uncle’s and aunts and cousins. Now there have been 2 divorces and 2nd marriages since and guess what that original photo is still up. It’s about that time in life. You can just update those memories. Stop being petty.

6 Likes

No. I have photos of my ex with our kid’s, as my husband has them with his ex & their daughter.

3 Likes

No, we actually have a picture of my boyfriend and his ex wife and their children hanging in our hall way because it’s about the kids!

9 Likes

Yes. Take a family photo to replace it.
As for me? I just took to old pic down. True story. Lol

No, I think it’s ok because of the kids they share.

4 Likes

No she’s still part of the family. Just because they broke up doesn’t mean the whole family breaks up with her.

3 Likes

No. That’s the mother of her grandkids. You being around doesn’t change that

2 Likes

No. Just because they didnt work out, doesn’t mean the relationship she had with the ex is gone.

4 Likes

No! Those are her grandchild & their parents.!

4 Likes

Yes it’s inappropriate

2 Likes

No I don’t. She was once just as much apart of the family as you are now. And if those are her grandchildren most definitely not. Now if it was your own mother I would be concerned.

2 Likes

Not really… Personally I dont think its a big deal since your husbands ex wife is still the children’s parent… even if they arent together anymore that fact wont change ever. Does the MIL have one of you included somewhere? If not get a family photo done and gift it to her or something.

3 Likes

No, pictures are memories. You dont know her relationship to mil before you. It’s still the mother of her grandchildren. It’s a sign of respect. You need to let go of the jealous and coparent. Be a light and a great example for those kids, your man will find it way more attractive

8 Likes

Yes , very disrespectful!

2 Likes

She was part of their life at some point… and still kinda is still around. Not weird at all :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Family’s family…memories

1 Like

My now ex MIL still has a family photo up that has my ex husband’s first ex wife up (no kids). And there are pictures of me around too… with our kids. Who freaking cares? Get over it. This question says alot more about you and your insecurities than your MIL.

6 Likes

Nope. That’s still their family. She is the mother of their grandkids and as such will always be family. Its petty that you would be upset over it…

4 Likes

Nope. It was apart of his story and is still a current chapter considering it’s his kid prior to you being in his life. Sorry… he had a child before you, you got with a man knowing this; chill out.

4 Likes

Nope he had a life before you and that life was also your mil life so what she has on her wall is no concern of yours. Tbh maybe she liked the ex better anyway. :joy::woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

How can you get mad about something that has nothing to do with you. It’s her house. Get over it

5 Likes

I don’t think so. We actually have photos up IN our own home of my husband with his first wife and my Sd and I also have photos up of my son with his dad and myself. We are a blended family. We had a life before we met.

3 Likes

Shes the mother of her grandkids and obviously her grandkids love their mom soooooooo maybe mature up

3 Likes

Imagine her having a life before you came into the picture. Those are her grandkids and like it or not his ex is their mother and will always be involved in their life. Accept it and move on or let it bother you. Not everyone is petty.

6 Likes

Nah that woman will always be around whether you like it or not

4 Likes

My mom has a book of my daughter and her dad. We are no longer together but we are all family. I dont think its disrespectful.

2 Likes

No its not. My fiances ex mil has our pic on the wall . does it piss off her daughter…yup but as her mom says we r family bcuz of the kids.

2 Likes

I don’t believe so. I’m sure it’s very uncomfortable for you but there was a time before you and she is the mother to her grand children… Now if it was just him and her then yes that would be weird!

3 Likes

No that’s the mother of her grandchildren. Does she have any pictures of you and him and/or the kids

3 Likes

my sons grandma kept his dad and my wedding pic up even tho we werent together lol

2 Likes

Nope, my ex in laws had a family picture of me my ex husband and out kids kn their wall even though we were divorced, and he was remarried, and I still have a great relationship with my ex in laws also

2 Likes

I think it’s a part of their life that you can’t erase. If their kids weren’t on it it would be inappropriate.

8 Likes

Um…
That’s the mother of her grandchildren, you can never replace that.

7 Likes

No, she’s grandma to those kids. Why would it be weird?

3 Likes

If you and your husband break up do you want her to trash all the pictures you are in? No. That’s silly. She was there before you. Don’t be bothered.

5 Likes

Nope. :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s not her place to change her decor just because her son remarried. That lady is still the children’s mother and apart of the MIL life I would assume. Don’t be petty. There was a life before you and could be one after you if you don’t act right.

49 Likes

Nope. It’s prolly the only pic she has of her son and his kids. Do as other suggested. Get an updated one and hang it next to the other one.

1 Like

It’s normal , life before you , don’t mean she likes you less, but thst is her grandkids mother

I’d say it’s time to update tho lmao

Oh lol. No they are still his kids.

It’s probably the only photo she has of her son and her grandkids when they were younger. She might not want to cut the photo.

That’s disrespectful to me. If my daughter broke up with her man, I’m on my daughters side and not posting pics of my x son in law, especially a pic of when they we’re together. Idk ? That’s odd to me and would bother me.

8 Likes

No… Even though she’s a ex wife she still build a relationship with her mother in-law. Do they still have a relationship with each other? Mother to her grandchildren?

I can see why ur bugged but I mean :woman_shrugging:t2: what you gunna do replace it with a pic with you and not her :eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s disrespectful but I did take my daughter’s prom pictures and pics with high school boyfriend and put them in an album when she started her new family. I guess it’s more about they are pics of her grandbabies than of her ex daughter in law

2 Likes

If it bothers you that much, take a new pic and give it to her… So now both of you guys are on her wall 🤷🤷.

1 Like

It’s HER house. She can have whatever she wants on HER walls. Don’t like it, don’t look :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

They are her grandkids, nothing wrong with that!

4 Likes

Yes and no. Tough one there. I get your side but I see why she has the pic too

Nope not wierd at all

It’s HER house. Geeeeze

Stop being jealous over a picture.

If its the only on of dad and kids then I could see why. My mom and dad use to keep the picture of my ex husband and me then when I got with my kids dad she just covered that picture with him and me (we never had a family picture made) then after I got with my now husband we had one of us and the kids and she covered the old picture with that one. I asked them why and I was told that if they didn’t think people would get mad she would have left them all out because it’s my life memories so they just kept them in order that way. My mom also told me that if my now husband and I broke up she would still I’ll keep that family picture out because it has her grandbabies in it.

1 Like

My ex in-laws still have pictures in their house of my ex husband and I with our kids when we were married. They keep them up because my kids are their grandkids and my ex husband is their son. It’s not a big deal.

1 Like

Yes it’s distasteful , it would ok if it were the dad and kids, but ex wife no

1 Like

No. It’s clear she likes her better.

12 Likes

I haven’t been with my ex for three years but there are still pics on my wall of the three of us. Plus some of him and our son. I leave them for our son’s sake.

My nanny is my dad’s mum.
He was married to my mum for 21 years. I’m 34. He has been with someone else since 2004.

My nanny still refers to my mum as her daughter in law. She still has pics of my sisters nieces and nephews up (biologically I’m the only one who is my dads) she still welcomes my sisters into her home and buys them things. She still loves them.

So. No. Not weird. He had a life before. And kids before.

2 Likes

If she is the mother of his kids then I can see why she would.

1 Like

I mean she is the mother of her grandchildren. Regardless of the relationship ending there is still that connenction. Do yall have any other issues than that? If so you have more to worry about than a picture on the wall. But I don’t know anymore than the rest of the people commenting. Anyway, pick your battles, imo this is one you shouldn’t be bothered with. Its a picture with her grandkids and son, just leave it at that

Lol I was looking for a name to see if that was abt me🤣

No. Unless she refuses to include pictures of you.

2 Likes

Nope it is a FAMILY picture that she was given. Before you were in the picture he was with someone else and they made a family. It is still good for the children to see those things as well as for them to make new memories with a new family. It’s her house :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Seems like its more for the kids sake. Thats there mom an she should be included. She will always be a part of their an your life.

2 Likes

It would grate my cheese but it is her house.

1 Like

Nope. You can go to either of my grandparents house and see my other parent on their wall. It’s been 15 yrs since they divorced.

So should she redo her decor and photos just because they didn’t work out ??

No unless she prefers her over you.

You can’t erase the past.

They have a past.you knew that when you met him.I have and still take pictures of my oldest with her father ,as well as with her other siblings on that side ,etc.SHE IS 33.Their mother is part of your family ,forever.

3 Likes

It’s not in your home so I guess it wouldn’t be any of your business.

You can think it’s weird if you want, but I don’t think it is. That’s the parents of her grandkids.

6 Likes

I have pictures hanging on the wall of my Daughter and her ex

Nope. There was life before you and there will be life after you :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Replace the picture while she’s not in the room :joy: put one of yourself up

No. If there were multiple I’d find it odd but grandma and grandpas should be a neutral place

Nope I’ve got a pic of my ex husband on the wall from our wedding

1 Like

No? Not if they share at least some of those children

The photo alone? No, especially if they had children together.

No. Those are still her grandkids and that’s their mother . You knew about her. She isn’t coming back. No worries.

3 Likes

Not at all, it may be his past life but it was still his life and it’s of his kids/her grandkids.

1 Like

My parents divorced in 1986, my dad has a couple of family Christmas pictures that were taken in 2010 and 2018 with his ex wife in the same pictures. I myself think they should be burnt, but it’s his choice

Keep it but not on the wall.Be glad you have him.

Lol my exs dad and step mom have a picture of me, kids, and my husband on their wall. I bet this is how their son feels.

My mother has me, my ex and our child on her wall. I don’t say anything because I’m in it and so is my daughter.

If your mother-in-law wants to hang pictures of her son and grandkids who gives a rats ass who’s in it. Stop being a Petty Betty.

Not at all. Those are her chid and grandchildren and she probably never even thought about it making you uncomfortable because it is his past

1 Like

No your husband divorced her, not her. She probably still has love for this woman and it’s a family pic that the kids can see. I could see being upset if it was just a pic of your husband and his ex but the kids are in the picture.

My MIL took down all the pictures of my husband (her son) & his X wife when him & I got together… but he didn’t have kids with her… we have 4 together

3 Likes