Is it odd that my MIL has this photo on her wall?

i don’t think it’s weird. my grandma has family photos of me & my siblings with our father and his ex wife. they’re memories, good & bad

1 Like

Not your wall not your business at all. She can have what ever she wants.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s weird. My ex’s mum has photos of me on her wall with my son and his dad (her son and grandson).

no it’s still their grandkids and son…

Why would that be inappropriate? THAT’S HER FAMILY!!! My MIL doesn’t even treat me with respect and civility so maybe some of us just have real shit to worry about while y’all stress about absolutely nothing I guess🙄

My mil bought presents for my boyfriends ex girlfriends new kid. Not his and no they didn’t have kids and haven’t been together for like five years.

Nope. Thats her grandkids and at one point her daughter in law. They might still have a relationship and that’s fine.

1 Like

Not much you can say it’s your mil house what she has pictures of on her wall at her house not much you can say

LOL! Girl! If you expect other people to decorate their home with your feelings in mind, you need to get down off your cross, build a bridge, and get tf over yourself. For real! And all these bitches on here like, “I know, right, it’s so disrespectful that she dosen’t change the way her home looks for your personal comfort!” #entitlementissues :joy::joy::joy: y’all sound stupid! :joy::woman_facepalming:

Nope. Her wall, her son’s choice and the mother of her grandkids. You don’t get to choose your MIL’s relationships with anyone.

Dont let it bother you. Take some updated pictures for her to put next to it. You cant delete the past. Its there and thats that

4 Likes

My parents had a photo of me , my ex & our children… my ex is still a part of our lives 25 years later … but our family portrait had no place on my parents sitting room wall.
I asked her to remove it & she did .
My ex husband has spent every Christmas with us , birthdays etc!
But I have moved on!
I don’t care whose wall it’s on… you shouldn’t have to look at it …x

3 Likes

That is absolutely not inappropriate as long as there is also a picture of you, your husband and your family too. Family pictures don’t all of a sudden expire because a relationship ends. Those kids… Still her grandkids. That man… Still her son. That woman… Made her grandkids lol

4 Likes

It’s her son and her grandchildren with their mother. Seriously not a big deal at all.

This page is full of immature posts. :popcorn:

2 Likes

No it’s absolutely not.
My grandmother has photos of my uncle’s ex wife in her house.

It’s her grandchildren a mother and I’m sure over the time she also had a bond with the woman

If the pictures have their children in it, I think it’s perfectly fine. Kids always come first and memories shouldn’t be erased

3 Likes

no … you can’t “erase” your step children’s mother… don’t be petty

Does she know how you feel? Maybe you should discuss it with your husband and then with her.

If she doesn’t have any of just her son and grandkids, no.

I don’t think so, she is the mother of her grandkids… My parents split when I was 7 and my mom always kept in contact with my dad’s parents even though he wasn’t in the picture and off with his new girlfriend… I wouldn’t worry about it

No because it’s of her son and grandkids at that time in their lives. But if it makes you uncomfortable, maybe take a new family photo with him, you, and all the kids in it. You can’t ask her to replace the other one, but you can give her the new one to add to the wall.

2 Likes

Take a new family photo so she can have one with you in it also. Stop being so insecure. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with her grandkids. My grandparents had family photos with my mom(their daughter) and my bio father and my sister and I from before my parents got divorced and new pictures of mom, (step)dad and my brother and us(I call my brother’s dad my dad)I think it’s pretty normal for grandparents to do that.

2 Likes

No. She probably still talks to her too. It is her grandchildren’s mother. Just because it didn’t work out with her son doesn’t mean it ended badly. They had life before you and him. Like if it’s 20 x 20 maybe but a normal pic no.

4 Likes

I do not see a problem with it. She has a past with his ex. He is m moving on does nothing t change their past

I’m sorry and I understand you may feel unhappy but it’s her home and her choice.
His ex wife is the mother of her grandchildren and a part of that family. That doesn’t mean she won’t adore you too though & I imagine you’re amazing for her son.
My situation must just be unusual​:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:
My ex husband’s mother has a family photo up with me still included in my son’s room at her home and in the living room she has a gorgeous photo of her son and his wife, my son’s wonderful stepmum who, I’d be lost without.
I still see that side of the family regularly, the MIL is still the world to me but at the same time I know my place, we’re just an ongoing team raising my son because none of us can be arsed with the awkwardness tbh.
It can’t be easy having the ex wife either around or looking out from a photo but she did bear children and she won’t be there forever, it’s just til the kids are old enough to make their own decisions etc.
Hope you’re ok, please understand they split for a reason and the MIL will change her photos around eventually xx

2 Likes

Does the children have a relationship with their mother? If so then no! That’s still their mom and the grandma isn’t playing favorites your just letting it get to you. I was there once but if it bothers you then get a new photo taken of everyone and gift it to her. She might replace it or she might just hang it up ether way you are being represented. Honestly she might have even over looked it 🤷

I would say it’s okay. Only reason is so the kiddos see mama while with dad or Grammy, just because their not together does not mean, they don’t do it on purpose.

Mine did for years font let it bother you and she’ll take it down when realize it’s not a problem for u

Who cares, he’s married to u now. I think u r causing drama in the family. Let it be.The picture is of her husband and kids. Just feel like it’s ur gain not hers. She screwed up not u. Just be happy.

Also. The children are happy to see a famiky picture with everyone in it.

Ok, here’s the thing- he had kids with her, and as a grandparent, the woman will always be a part of the equation. There is a picture of my husband and his mother in our bedroom. On his wedding day with his EX wife. But I’m okay with it, because despite the reason for the picture, she looks lovely and we don’t have that many pictures of the two of them.
You can’t obliterate his past, only be content to be his future.

2 Likes

No I don’t think it’s weird at all.
It’s her home , and the ex is the mother of her grandchildren, so will always be family.

Husbands ex did the dirty… The kid turned out not to be related to them but the gparents raised it because they wanted another kid. The family pic with them and ‘the son’ is on top off display. Our actual blood children… And myself and husband photo… Bottom shelf at kick level.
They have zero to do with us.
People suck. Family included.

No. It’s her house, and whether you like it or not, the ex is still a part of the family. Grow up.

2 Likes

Take it down when no one is looking and paint a mustache on her.

1 Like

Give your mil a family pic of you and them as a gift. If you don’t find it hanging anywhere. Do your part but that’s it.

2 Likes

Shes the mother of her grandchildren, so no, it’s not weird.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t bother me at all. Maybe it’s there for the kids sake, maybe she just forgot or wants a pic there and hasn’t got one in it’s place. I’m sure it will come down in time. It actually would make me happy knowing it’s there for the kids and they likely have more respect for you for not letting it bother you.

She’s just as much family as you are. Keep being so insecure, and you’ll soon be a memory on the wall too🤣

8 Likes

No who cares she was once part of her circle and will always be as she is the mother of her grandchildren

1 Like

Nope. My ex’s mom removed all the family pictures with me as soon as we broke up, and the kids noticed. So she added some back. We get along still, because we are still family for the kids.

My sons grandpa has my sons dad and his ex wife on their wedding day on his wall. I don’t mind because it’s not my house.

Not if it’s a picture of all of them including the kids. I think it’s a healthy sign that they aren’t disrespecting her as the mother of the children because they have broken up. If it was a picture of just the two of them or a wedding pic then it would be odd.

Is this even a question? They were a family. They were her family. Just because they got divorced, does not mean that she has to remove his ex-wife from her life. I’m sure she loves that picture and she very well may wish that his ex-wife wasn’t in it, but cutting her out of it or taking the picture down is only hurting your mother-in-law. What is inappropriate is thinking you have a say over someone else’s house. Even if your husband had a picture of him, his ex-wife, and their kids, that’s not your place to tell him that it should be removed. That was a part of his life and that was a part of his children’s life and is still a part of his children’s life. She’s not his wife anymore, but she is the mother of his kids and she is the mother of your mother-in-law‘s grandkids.

2 Likes

Not really there was a time they were apart of the family also it her house she will have memories that you do not let ot be!

2 Likes

Nope that’s wrong and my man wouldnt allow it

No it’s not weird or wrong. Ex or not she is the mother of the grandbabies and a part of the family

3 Likes

If it was just the husband and Ex in the picture I’d say it was inappropriate but since the children are in the picture as well then it’s fine. Take a new family picture for her to add(not replace).

3 Likes

I have pictures of my husband his ex and their son with our son on my fb because with out her we wouldn’t have josh! Also as a side note he learned to appreciate me

2 Likes

Yes add smiley stickers to all of them :joy: jk

Shes the mother of her grandkids. Doesnt need to throw her away because he has a new girl. Still the mother of the children.

3 Likes

No. That’s her son and her grandkids from when he was with her. Most likely it’s just there for them, and not his ex.

2 Likes

I still have my daughters hospital pictures up from when she was born. He father is in the picture sitting next to me. I dont care what my boyfriend says because her father and I weren’t always fighting and she needs to know that and she was made by both of us.

3 Likes

She didn’t break up with his ex. He did.

1 Like

My parents are still friends with one of my exes as I am still friends with his mother. No big deal

2 Likes

No. She was a part of their family and they have kids :roll_eyes:
It’s a family photo. Don’t be petty.

2 Likes

I didnt delete all of my pictures of my daughters birth just because her dad and I broke up

2 Likes

I don’t know, but my son in law and my daughter in law pics will never be removed ever regardless of what was to ever go on I love them both dearly and they are part of my family and not only that I wouldn’t think too many grandmothers would disrespect their grandkids by eliminating their other parent from sight but this would not be a choice I made to deliberately hurt or offend or to be disrespectful to anybody at all.

Ummm no my aunty has photos from her wedding on her walls, some including my sister’s ex. It’s not inappropriate but was part of her life.

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

It’s not weird nor inappropriate

What’s weird is you being bothered by it.

It was a moment in there lives, I think it’s alright.

It’s definitely not inappropriate. She is the mother of their grandchildren, there are bound to be family photos hanging around. Shoot I still have photos of my ex husband and I with our daughter. Why? Because it’s for my baby and because I know she will love pictures of all of us together!

1 Like

That’s the mother of her grandkids. She’s showing respect. Grow up.

1 Like

Stop telling her it’s weired for her to be bothered. FUCK YOU ALL. Noone can tell you how to feel. I felt the same way. But. you will need to get over it. That’s fam…

I really wish I could call out dumb ass for the naysayers… Cause emotions dumb bitches. …

No. It can be a healthy thing for their children

I have spent so much time saying we can’t deny her feelings… and agree they are misplaced… Two rights that mist get along…

My mother in law still has pics up. Its never bothered me she’s still family and pictures are memories good or bad. I have load of pics on my wall but we have an awesome relationship. I love each and every picture i was given. To me it represents a happy memory even tho i wasn’t there. I wouldn’t take that away from anyone. Just make more happy memories for her to hang up :grin: people may disagree with me but its ok to each their own.

1 Like

No, i still have a few pics of my ex on my page, only because he’s with our son… My boyfriend now doesnt care because he knows and actually gets along with him.

They are still her children and it’s nice for the kids to see the photo,how ever good you are as a step mum .

My Aunt has a collage on her wall that has my ex husband an I in it. Doesn’t bother me.

My Ex MIL. Had pictures of my Ex husband and his Ex wife all over her house. Most didn’t have the grandkids in them. They were Married for 2 years and him and I were married for 6 1/2 years. It bothered me at first because her Ex daughter in law hated her so much and still does, but I actually wanted and tried to have a relationship with her
She Never put up any pictures of me or my Ex husband ever!!! When I finally asked about it she replied well I don’t think it’s fair to Jaquie if I put up pictures of you also, Later that week she Hung a HUGE Wedding picture of them over the fireplace so everyone could see it, now this Ex Daughter in law Cheated on my Ex husband 4 times and divorced him got married to a coworker.
My former MIL just admitted for the first time in 8 years, that she had hoped that Jaquie would come back and that’s why she did certain things to me she eventually apologized and we have moved on.

I do Have a New MIL now of 3 years and she is more of a Mom to me than my own mom.
So honestly if it bothers you that much just talk to her about it and see if maybe it would be ok to add a updated picture of you and the family also and it’s ok to have a blended family. I understand on both sides

My dad still had pictures of him, my mom, and us kids on the wall after their divorce. Your father in law’s ex wife was still a part of his life and they have kids together. It would be weird if they didn’t have kids together and their picture was on the wall. But he separated from her, not the kids. They’re still family.

No I have pics with my older two kids dad at his moms house. They don’t make me a mystery. I have pictures of my middle child’s father for when she older. If it bothers you ask why does it bother you. I am sure my husband has pictures of his ex wife. It’s my stepsons mom. I know he isn’t going anywhere. He knows I am not going anywhere. It is just a picture so what

No. If any of my sons was to divorce and the ex wife is in the picture I am not removing. That ex wife maybe in the pic but so is my family.

1 Like

It’s only a problem if drama types make it a problem. Move on. Bigger issues in life.

My aunt thru a fit about my grandma’s family picture because her ex was in it.
She changed it and now there are no pictures with my dad up because he died between family pictures.
So my answer is no.

No your just being childish in tnat case😂

No I dont think so cuz it’s the kids parents …

What if there are no kids?

It’s disrespectful to you and confusing for the children.

thats part of the family history… thats her grandkids mother… yes it sucks to have to see it but everyone has a history… you just gotta suck it up buttercup and deal with the fact she is part of that families history and you have no right wanting them to get rid of their memories… its not your house… so deal