Is it okay for women to propose?

Absolutely! When I was still going by she/her, I proposed to my husband a day before his birthday, had a whole plan that I had to change twice, but ended up doing it my way and he said yes! We’ve been married almost 4 years and I’m happy I did it.

1 Like

Well damn is he gonna leave you at the alter after you done such a stupid thing ?

1 Like

I did it. He cheated on me while I buried my best friend in New York. Never again.

Lol awww he’s all waiting. Yeah go for it if your ready lol

My mom proposed to my dad.
I think that he wants to make sure that your ready.

Now the question is are you ready?:face_with_raised_eyebrow::blush:

Women can propose on a leap day - traditionally xxx

I proposed. It was awesome.

I did via text message actually.

4 Likes

Yes! I absolutely think a woman can propose! Why wouldn’t a woman be able to do something a man can do? I would propose to my S/O but he wants to do it. :joy: he told me “you better not”. He knows how feministic I can be. Lol :joy: shoot I already got his ring and he has mine. If he doesn’t do it soon I will! Lol

The question is are you ready for the next step? If yes go for it

We planned a 1 year anniversary trip to Santa Fe New Mexico. We had talked about taking that engagement step but nothing specific. I got him a ring and intended to propose…He took me to dinner atop a rooftop restaurant overlooking the city…I was intending to propose over drinks at the rooftop bar after dinner…and HE BEAT ME TO IT :joy: so I gave him his ring too. We got married 2 months later :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

YES it’s okay for women to propose! If it’s with the right person, neither party will have an issue with it.

I think he just wants to make sure you’re the one whose ready! It’s definitely okay for you to do it when you’re ready

No dont… it’s stupid…
It’s always been the man’s job…
Your boyfriend needs to man up and do it right including ask your father for your hand…
Old fashioned ways always work…

3 Likes

For real? It’s 2021 and the patriarchy has taken a back seat, of course women can propose.

Sent my ex-hubby an email like 12 or so years ago asking what he was doing on 10/10/2010???

Yep, and I understand his concerns. He wants you to be totally in and I’d feel the same.

Go for it girl lol we’re doing things different in the world now​:rofl:good luck to you both​:purple_heart::purple_heart::wine_glass:

I did and he said yes :grin:

Of course it’s ok … Go for it :sparkling_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

Eh, seems desperate, but do what you want :woman_shrugging:t2:

I purposed to my husband.

You do what makes you happy

TITENG SQUADXD,

Zia
Althea
Rya
Kairon
Jenabel
Ryu

4 Likes

I think it’s cute and valid and you should :joy::black_heart:

Yes I did. We’re on year 21 now.

I have thought about it.

Marriage sucks fat donkey ding dong. Zero stars. Would not recommend. :unamused:

Sure. Monica did on friends.

Oh I definitely think it’s on you if you want to

Times have changed. Go for it

1 Like

I proposed, best thing ever

1 Like

I did it. And it was scary but he said yes and now we are happily engaged to be married next year! :heart:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it okay for women to propose? - Mamas Uncut

Typically I would say no but I think your relationship is different. Do it if you want to.

2 Likes

Yes it’s okay! If you’re ready, go for it! If not, no rush! Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks… you do what’s best for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I married twice doing the proposing and now as a widow I am engaged because I proposed. In marketing class it was strongly emphasized to ask for what you want. Communicate. Men aren’t mind readers

5 Likes

Girl it’s completely ok to propose. But what if he only wants you to propose so he can say no and leave cause that’d be the worst karma ever :joy:

20 Likes

He wants you to do it to prove your commitment. If you’re not ready dont do it

18 Likes

I did and he told me no :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I did :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I had a friend make a titanium ring on the lathe for him :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: proposed on a picnic at a local park… he still wanted to do it the traditional way, so he did a year or 2 after that, on my birthday at a concert for one of my fave bands. I was always ready for things years before hubby has been, we compromise and make it work the best we can :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: do what works for you!

3 Likes

It’s 2021, it’s ok to propose.

1 Like

There are No Actual Rules and you can do whatever works for you.

However, I as a women wouldn’t propose to a man, that’s just not for me and goes against my traditional views.

I don’t see why a woman couldn’t be the one to propose. I’ve seen it a few times recently even, and it’s honestly becoming more normalized by the day.
If my daughter gets married a woman is proposing either way. So maybe it’s just more common to me?
But I don’t see a single reaosn why not personally.

I did propose to my my ex
Due to calibrated life circumstances
He said he will think about it and than greed
He helped me

1 Like

I proposed to my ex. Obviously it didn’t work out lol, but I proposed anyway haha. I did it where he grew up around Mt Taranaki

1 Like

I proposed to my now husband.

1 Like

My wife proposed to me and still appears glad she did. I certainly am. 30 years married in a couple of months.

1 Like

.im currently planning to propose to my boyfriend in aug. I also asked him out after we were in a “situationship” for almost 6 months we even lived together slept in the same bed all the things just no title cause he is SUPER shy. So I went for it and asked him out he said yes. Now after dating for almost 3 years plus our 6 month “situationship” and a baby I am ready to commit even more and ask him to marry me because I know if I wait for him it will take forever lol. He talks about “when we get married” or “at our wedding” but I know he has too much anxiety to ask so im taking it into my own hands. I even asked his parents for their blessing lol.

5 Likes

Yeah do it. If you’re going to stay with him I reckon it would be sweet and it would mean that to him aswell

Get a fucking life woman or toy

I personally never would but if you want to then go ahead. Every relationship is different.

It makes sense with your commitment issues. He wants to know your serious

4 Likes

I’ve done it before and I’ll never do it again.

2 Likes

Yes! It’s a beautiful thing to do! He wants you to do it because you left him? Then he wants you to be sure enough to do the asking… sure that he’s the one and you won’t leave again… he’s still gotta get a ring. :wink:

My mom proposed to my dad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes set it up Beautiful :heart:

1 Like

There are no rules
We’re floating in space on a big ass rock lol
Propose.
Especially if you guys already discussed you would be the one proposing? He has pretty sound logic…

Yup it’s totally okay :slight_smile: I proposed to my fiance

1 Like

I proposed, she wantedto go slow, we started dating. After 5 or 6 months she came at me with a date to marry, we got engaged.

1 Like

All the power to you. I personally think it is weird.

It happens woman propose all the time, but him not wanting to because “you always left”. Is dumb. If he really wanted to marry you, he would propose

Do it! I think its adorable when women propose to they’re men

I have before. It was actually really cute & we both thought it was awesome & hilarious. We didn’t work out but I still love that I did that.
My husband now said he would flip out if I did it. Lol. :rofl:

If you really love you go for it girl. It don’t matter what anyone thinks you do you. Someone is always going to judge you I would. I lost my husband and I would ask him again in a heartbeat to marry me

1 Like

Do you booboo who cares what anyone else thinks. Be happy :blush:

1 Like

I think his request is 100% acceptable given then situation!

1 Like

Do it! Be Happy! Maybe your partner is afraid you’ll say no, and fearing rejection. P.S. Congratulations

I think it’s one of those “men like flowers too” type situations, people that are old school don’t like it because men are supposed to fit a certain ideal they have. But in real life, men like flowers too. Men like to be appreciated and loved just as much as we do. It is completely okay. Love is beautiful always. :black_heart: Good luck girl!

2 Likes

Usually men take the lead in a proposal; however after 5 years, one of you should step up. Good luck :fist_right::fist_left:

2 Likes

Understanding his concern. What if he does and out of fear you say no? That’s discouraging for anyone even if you were to stay together or get back together. If you want to marry him, propose. I didn’t even propose properly.lol. I asked my husband “wanna get married today?” He said yes with a smile and we went to the courthouse. Been 2 years now.

1 Like

I proposed to my husband 🤷 I was always insistent that I wasn’t getting married again so, he didn’t even know it was on my mind. He also wouldn’t have asked because I was so insistent. Imagine his surprise when we’re laying in bed talking one night, and “marry me” fell outta my mouth! We’ve been married a little over 2 years now.

1 Like

I purposed to my ol man. Put a ring on his e break of his race car and was holding our new born freaking out saying I broke the car

1 Like

This guy is a keeper and you SHOULD propose. He just wants you to be sure it’s on Ur terms and Ur ready rather then him proposing and then you leave him. If it depended on him you would already be married. Show him my comment you’ll see he will agree with what I said.

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t.

Why wouldn’t it be okay? If that’s what you want to do then do it! I understand why he’d want you to be the one to do it. Make it cute and cheesy :heart:

Um, yes. There is no rule on who can and can’t purpose. I purposed to my husband just because I wanted too. We are now married

Sure it is. Just stay this time.

Hes afraid you’ll say no and leave again

No desperation! If a man really wants you regardless of how it’s done he’ll do it. Give him an altimatom. If it’s real he act accordingly.

Is it okay, absolutely. Traditional, no.
I personally never would.
But definitely giving the situation yeah if you want to marry this guy, you’re going to have to…you scarred dude.

2 Likes

I proposed to my man. It’s 100% ok

2 Likes

Sounds like you have commitment issued and he just wants the security if you ask then you’ll stay. Just be better yourself before you make that decision so he doesn’t get hurt

2 Likes

Makes sense to me :woman_shrugging: if you really wanna marry him and he’s told you that’s what he wants from you then I say go for it! :smiley:

1 Like

I proposed to my husband. It was completely out of character for me.

4 Likes

I proposed to my Fiancé :woman_shrugging: Sure it’s not traditional, but it works. If that’s what you wanna do go for it!

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with you proposing but before you do, you need to work on the fact that he is so insecure that you want to really be with him that he is basing the future of your relationship on if you propose. Talk things out with him because a proposal should be the next step in your relationship, not proof that you won’t leave again. Talk about your expectations of each other. Speak futuristic goal and plans you’ve envisioned for the both of you so he knows you plan on him being there in 10-15-30 years. Good luck!!

It’s not like he’s unsuspecting. I say do it! Have fun with it!

2 Likes

You can do what I did and just get knocked up and tell him you’re too old to start over with a kid. Then let him know when and where the wedding is taking place. lol :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Call me old fashion or whatever
I think the man should propose!

3 Likes

I think that’s reasonable considering the back story!

2 Likes

I did!! 22 years ago!! Just celebrated our 21st anniversery last month!!
Don’t let anyone else’s judgment, traditions or anything else stop you from goimg after what you want.

6 Likes

It’s 100% ok. If that is what you want.

2 Likes

I did and here we are 14 years and 3 months later♡

4 Likes

Absolutely! I did and we were married close to 48 years before he passed.

3 Likes

Absolutely I did and my husband and I will be celebrating 10 years this September :heart:

Absolutely okay for a woman to do it!!! I proposed to my Fiancè while we were camping and all of our boys were in bed! I actually bought us a matching ring set if he said yes so he didn’t feel pressured to get me a ring as well! It was very sweet and romantic. We were sitting by the campfire and talking about how we wished we found each other sooner… we are soulmates! It was the perfect time to do it spontaneously! After he said yes, I gave him his ring then showed him mine and allowed him to put it on me too! That was 3 years ago and we have a long term engagement agreement. We will get married when our youngest (7 boys all together and the youngest is 8) graduates and moves on his own so we can actually enjoy the wedding and honeymoon without having to worry about someone watching them for us and if they’re alright!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s 2021. You can do whatever the hell you want

3 Likes

Live your best life, and propose to the man!

Yes! Totally do it. Itll be cute to see the guys reaction vs traditional.

1 Like