Is it okay for women to propose?

I mean I didn’t propose to my husband, but technically he didn’t propose either :joy: he simply said “wanna go buy a ring?” :joy:

2 Likes

In this case, I think it’s fitting. Get down on one knee and do it up right. Have fun with it, or be all serious, with a speech. It will make a great memory , in future years.

1 Like

Yes, made a plan and do it!

I found a ring I liked, asked if he was going to marry me one day. He said yes. Showed him the ring I wanted, the price and where to get it. He asked if I wanted him to get it then, I said sure. When he got home, I put it on lol

1 Like

I did. I used Lego’s Lol. But we were both young, he ended up with terrible behavior that put my life in danger so we divorce Ed. But when my bf and I are there this time I have it all planned out. I’ve jokingly asked him to marry me a few times to see how he reacts and its always a joke but he says a yes so when it actually happens he will be prepared lol

Perfectly fine for you to propose. However, think long and hard about it. You’ve bailed more than once and divorces are expensive.

1 Like

He already told you you’d have to propose to him. What are you waiting for? Or are you not sure yourself?

Hell yea its almost nesaserry as you are the one who is telling him no every time you break up with him, would you expect him to ask when he could be afraid that you would breakup again!

Absolutely is! I proposed to my husband.

Propose if you love him

Considering your relationship history I would say it’s appropriate. Usually I would say no way no how but for this yes. He basically just wants you to show your commitment since he’s proven his time and time again in the past

5 Likes

This is so dumb, and backwards. A woman shouldn’t propose to a man. It should be the other way around. Why does he want to be the woman? That’s not normal & weird. Don’t propose, let HIM propose to you.

8 Likes

This is basically his way of waiting for you to show him that you’re willing to commit to him. Considering your past you’re a runner. He wants to know you’ll stay around. So if you’re ready then I would say yes propose if not wait a little bit longer.

2 Likes

Only if you are serious

Do it girl!!! who cares what other people do, get your man!

1 Like

I did. I was drunk on a date night and just blurted it out. 4 years later we have a silly story to tell.

Times have definitely changed. I see no problem with it! Especially if you’ve been the one to always leave him. It does make sense. As long as it’s truly what you want though! Don’t propose, then leave again!

I mean given your story I get why he wants you to do it BUT no I think it should be the mans job.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it in my opinion.
I proposed to my husband.
Go for it!

Go for gold you get down on that one knee and you propose to him fuck the stereotype of men have to do it marry the shit out of him

Yeah do it. By the sounds of it. He won’t do it as he’s scared you leave him again.

Im gonna be blunt the man truly loves you because he kept taking you back so by all means if you want to marry him propose to him. I understand why he wants you to because he wants you to be sure your ready and serious about it and not up and leave again. Things gets tough at times but you work through it and yall are a team so things can’t just go all your way or his way yall have to compramise and come up with a plan to benefit both of y’all. Propose to him go for it

11 Likes

I proposed like 1000 times to my man before he bought me a ring and got down on one knee. :joy::joy: I feel like when it’s right, it doesn’t matter who asks who. I told my man I was gonna marry him and have all his babies 10 days after I met him. That was three years ago. We’re now married with a gorgeous little boy.

I proposed to my husband :joy:, as silly as that may seem to some. We met a career school, in the same lab and became friends. We didn’t actually date until a year after we graduated. It lasted for 8 months, he proposed and I wasn’t ready. We ended up splitting up and had a 2 year separation from each other and did our own things. We the. decided to get back together to try it again since we both were clearly too immature to be together the first time. I ended up proposing to him this time since he had proposed to me back then. We both felt more than ready. We tied the knot :heart: He’s a father to my Little boy and we’re also expecting in September. So if you feel you want to propose DO IT! My husband thought it was cute :two_hearts::grin:

I wouldn’t personally. I feel like a man who’s ready should be the one to propose.

my ex boyfriend who I still can’t get over past away a few years ago. My number one regret in life was I didn’t propose even if it was in the hospital and for a few months

I’m gonna tell you my story. My husband and I knew we was going to get married. We was in a situation that put us at the courthouse at least 1 a month. One day when we was there and said shit let’s do this :rofl::rofl::rofl:i never had a proposal and at this point I don’t actually care. 11 years later and I don’t regret nothing :joy::joy: so you do what you feel is comfortable. It sounds like he want you to be sure.

1 Like

I always wanted a proposal. He literally just asked me if I wanted to file for a marriage license and that’s how he asked… we have been together 9 years and he always knew I wanted a proposal. I’m depressed and can’t believe I’m going through with this.

I’d focus on the fact that this man clearly has pure love for you, given your history. Has has clearly communicated to you what he wants. Isn’t that what women always ask for? You should do it.

24 Likes

Honestly, it doesn’t matter what we think… Your honey made the message loud and clear that it’s your turn to “man up” since you’re always running. If you want to marry him, get down on that knee, girl! Sounds like he’s going to say yes anyways, just waiting on your undecided ass (with love lmao) :sweat_smile::purple_heart:

3 Likes

So here is my thought. Have him pick the ring, get it, put it in someone’s care that will keep it hidden from you. Plan how you want to propose to him have the person with the ring :ring:bring it and hand it off to you, drop down on one knee and propose and have him answer by putting the ring on your finger! That way it’s still a surprise for both of you! Best wishes :heart:

1 Like

I did. After one month of dating. We were married a week later. I know it may sound crazy; but when he kissed me the first time, I knew he was going to change my life. I loved him so completely. We were married for 17 yrs. I lost him to suicide February 2021.

4 Likes

I proposed on valentine’s day to my now-fiance. He said yes. I proposed because out of the 2 of us I am the romantic one. I went over the top, and did a super romantic candle lit proposal.

I can see his reluctance to ask since he’s been rejected by you more than once. I actually think it would speak volumes if you asked him. Clearly he loves you and wants to share his life with you. I say go for it. Best wishes.

:100: Do it !!! I did it on leap year day :slightly_smiling_face: he was taking so long and it just felt right. I got him a nice watch instead of engagement ring then he later brought me an engagement ring:) he was super excited.

1 Like

I proposed. He joking proposed to me while i was sitting on the bathroom toilet doing my makeup. In my mind i wanted an amazing experience we could remember and cherish. So i took it upon myself. Did a scavengar hunt through 5 different towns on the way to the coast with stops at his favorite food, beverage places. Hired a photographer to photo graph it all and me and my kiddo (his step kiddo) proposed to him with a ring pop on the beach :grin:

Definitely okay. I think that it’s so beautiful that he wants you to be ready and take your time. Sounds like he really love loves you. Praying for your happiness and soon to be growing family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If he wants you to. Then of course do it! A lot of men would be uncomfortable with having the women propose. Ya know because they need to feel manly and shit. :roll_eyes::rofl:

I did it on leap year day in 2004, got to choose my own ring then too :rofl: win win xx

I personally wouldn’t but that doesn’t matter! you go for it! He says to do it so why not?
Not everyone’s relationship is the same! You go and be happy with your man!
Have fun with it♥️

Hell yes it is. Sounds like he’s waiting on you to make up your mind and he made up his mind a long time ago.

He wants to see your level of commitment since you would leave him in the pass. Yes, do it if you want to marry him!

Whenever i say something about being proposed to, my man will say something like, “well why cant you propose to me?”
I always think hes saying it as a joke… or maybe he just doesn’t want to propose at all. Lol :woman_shrugging:

I proposed to my husband per say… We dated in highschool and seperated and then lost contact after highschool. We got back together may of 2020 due to a mutual friend and he stated he would like to date for 5 years to make sure we werent going to break up…long story short june 2020 my son asked him to be his stepdad with signs and gifts and he said yes and then i got prices of a person to marry us in a park near where we live and i told him we were getting married as we were not losing each other again so we made a quick ceremony and got married june 26 2020 and we are like eachothers rock.

Do it! Make it special almost something you’d do for like valentines or an anniversary! Or take him to do his favorite thing or something :two_hearts: I honestly wish I’d proposed to my husband :rofl:

I did and he said yes lol I did give him a ‘dead line’ that he didnt take seriously :woman_shrugging:
Bought him a watch not a ring :slight_smile:

No. If a man wants you he will chase you. It’s in their biological make up. If he’s not doing it, it’s for a reason. You are the prize. Don’t devalue yourself.

is he wants you to propose he wants to know that you wont leave again.

First of all, you have self love? Do you KNOW who YOU ARE? If the answer is no, then don’t.

In what book does it say that only the man is supposed to be the one to propose? Go for it!

I wouldn’t but I would leave after 5…

Why wouldn’t it be ok?

If you’re ready for this to be life, for him to be your forever, then yes girl!!! Do it​:clap::clap::clap: he very clearly has the patients and care for you​:heart::heart::heart:

Yes it is ok. If you want him to do it though I would talk it out

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t see why not?

Yes!! Prove to him you 2anna stay!! Propose to him.

Of course it is, why wouldn’t it be.

Due to the situation…go for it!

I proposed to mine and we’ve been married for 15 years and counting! :heartbeat::hugs::heartpulse:

Yes it’s okay. If you’re actually ready…

I did. And he said yes.

:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts: he’s saying ask him…just say will you marry me

I did lol he said no then asked me :joy:

I proposed to mine. :black_heart::black_heart: Traditions are outdated, go after what YOU want!!

Just do whatever you want… why does there have to be so many rules :grimacing:

I proposed to my fiance. :slight_smile:

You straight up answered your own question

On and off relationship? Not sure how that would last. Either you’re together or not. I mean women can propose just like men can, but after reading the comments, I assume I’m the only one who thinks that’s weird.

Propose baby!!
An early congrats to you guys.
I see where he is coming from also… just propose and y’all be happy!

He wants to know that you want it too.

It is a 100 percent okay for women to propose. I’d make sure that this is what you want though, sounds like the immaturity of off and on didn’t go away lol, because he deserves to be happy so if you’re not ready you gotta let him go so he can find someone who is ready because its not fair to string him along because he loves you and you may not love him the same way. Good luck girl.

I did but thats because I told my fiance that I would never get married or engaged again. That it would take a different life to change that. Well, I ended proposing on the pier in FL. Little did I know, he had a ring with him and stopped me in the middle and asked me :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m guessing it’s getting more usual, some men are even taking the woman’s last name :woman_shrugging:t3: if it’s something you want to do it, then go for it. It’s not anyone else’s business, considering it’s your relationship, so ignore any assholes.

There is nothing wrong with the girl proposing!

It’s ok for a woman to do anything, girl.

“Cause you’re boyfriends abitch he ain’t shit”

Hell yes!!! Do it!!!

Pink did to Cary heart

Only on a leap year lol xxx

Go all out girl you got this :revolving_hearts:

Yes! I did 42 years ago! Happy life!

I did it. Got him
A ring too lol

Monica proposed to Chandler. :grin:

Do it and make it epic.

I PROPOSED TO BOTH MY HUSBANDS. BOTH RATHER GREAT. My reason the first time was I knew my boy friend wanted to marry me but he was to terrified to ask thinking I would reject him so I surprised him.
Second husband I proposed to him as well considering we were together for quite a while and raising kid together.
First husband I became widowed.
Second husband still married

2 Likes

Granted it’s more typical for a man to propose but there’s nothing wrong with a woman proposing. Y’all love each other do it go live your best life girl. Good luck! :black_heart:

Of course it is, your gender doesn’t dictate who has to be the one to proclaim your love for each other :two_hearts:

Maybe he just needs the security of your feelings, to be sure you’re not leaving again. If you love each other and you’re BOTH sure you want to be with each other from now on, then I don’t see the harm in you proposing.

I proposed to my husband and handed him a picture of the ring I wanted. We have been married 48 years and they have all been wonderful. I wouldn’t change a thing. :heart:

1 Like

Yes it is… I think these days women have made it ‘normal’

1 Like

Girl, you are the one who doesn’t know what she wants so if you want him ask him.
Sounds like he is all in so do it before he decides it’s not worth it anymore.

1 Like

Call me old-fashioned or whatever, I think the man should propose!!

Normally in not all for it but in this situation yes

Sounds like he is more ready than you.Will you stay & be committed this time?

There’s no rules lol. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing, it’s absolutely nobody’s business anyways

1 Like

Not dumbass women like you. Do this man a favor and leave him! Forever!!!

Sounds like he’s insecure. Move on

Yes!! Esp on leap day!!!

I proposed if you want to send me a friend request the video is in my page

1 Like