Is it okay to have more than 1 baby shower?

I had a baby shower for my son and a sprinkle for my daughter’s only because i had no girl items but i saved all of my big items so nothing needed to be purchased again but cheap items .

Nothing wrong with giving yourself a shower …This day& time anything goes .Pluss convenient it being at your home .

1 Like

I had a baby shower for each of my 4 kids, I organised it myself each time, it was more about having family and friends together then actually receiving gifts for baby.

Normally a baby shower is only thrown for the first baby. You can have a pamper shower for me your other children.

For our 2nd we did have one. More like a get together, we invited men and women. We did have a registry just because our other child was almost 6 when our 2nd was born so we needed a few smaller things but kept our nursery furniture from the 1st and we bought our own bigger items needed (like carseats). If someone asked for registry info I provided it, but the invite just asked for diapers in any size and wipes (like a diaper raffle). We didn’t do a bunch of games or anything, just hung out with family and friends and ate & had drinks (well everyone else did not me lol)

Only if someone else throws it. I wouldn’t throw your own. If you’re gonna spend money, buy what u need instead.

2 Likes

If people will come then have another. Every child deserves to be celebrated

2 Likes

Tacky for having one for a second baby. Even tackier to throw your own

1 Like

It’s ok if someone else throws it for you.

1 Like

Your entitled to as many baby showers as you want , a new baby is such a gift , not nessicarilly throw them yourself , but your friends might want to do it for you , nothing wrong with that

I had 3 babies, not 1 baby shower. I think it would have been nice to have had 3 baby showers.

A baby shower is to celebrate the upcoming birth of your child. Dont listen to those people saying its tacky because its not. Each child deserves to be celebrated.

5 Likes

My babies were 17 months apart and 2 different friends threw a baby shower each time. I see nothing tacky at all about loved ones having a party to celebrate a new life…

WTF…whoever told you that is obviously jealous :roll_eyes:

I had a baby shower for each of my kids (thrown by different people) but they were different genders. I didn’t expect gifts, but requested a book instead of a card :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’m pregnant with my second, but it’s a boy this time so I am having a shower or sprinkle as some call it mainly for the stuff I didn’t have from saving my daughters stuff and of course clothing. I will likely not have another after this because I have saved a good bit of girl stuff so we’ll be pretty set if we have either gender after this baby.

In my family we have a baby shower for every kid! Its about celebrating the kid & we believe each deserve it! & if the parent has stuff from the last kid then everyone brings diapers cuz you can never have to many of those!

2 Likes

You shouldn’t be having any baby shower unless it’s a drive by because if you haven’t heard we’re still in a pandemic

6 Likes

Maybe have a “baby-Q”??Invite men and women. Every baby should be celebrated

1 Like

Not tacky at all. New baby, new reason to celebrate. Especially is it’s the opposite gender! I had two girls and i had a baby shower for both of them. Not tacky AT ALL. Do what makes you happy!

Nope do what u want who doesn’t like a party

I’m 7 months pregnant and my daughter is 1 (happy accidents happen) I’m having a baby shower cuz this one’s a boy and I have friends that want to celebrate it

Nah, throw you a baby shower. Every child you have deserves to be celebrated. I had two separate baby showers for my first child🤷‍♀️ no one has one for me for my second. When I decide to have a third I’m going to throw my own.

1 Like

Okay when I was pregnant with my daughter I had 3 :woman_facepalming: my dads side then my moms side because they didn’t get along so each side did a surprise one… My daughters fathers side did one as well because my family wasn’t within their “class” :roll_eyes:
I did a general reveal party and a baby shower for my son. Lucky that was so much easier lol.

Have another baby shower. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

Every baby deserves to be celebrated! Regardless if they’re the same gender or not. Do it!!! Congratulations!

I had one for both. My first was smaller since it was a welcoming home shower since my some came early. My second we did both men & women & had like 70 people at that one.

My sister has 6 kids and has had a baby shower for 5 out of the 6. Have one for all of your kids if YOU want to! I personally have 4 kids and have never had one for any of them by personal choice. Dont let anyone try to guilt you out of something you want to do for you and your baby.

I feel the same way about second baby showers as I do about gender reveals. If someone doesn’t like it, they can keep it to their own damn self and just not go. There’s not enough good things in life to celebrate as is, you should celebrate anything you are proud of or excited about and screw anyone who tries to judge you for it.

I have 4 sons the oldest 17 and I’ve never had a baby shower ever to each their own

Tacky wtf celebrating a baby is tacky??? Talking down on a woman who wants to celebrate her self and baby is tacky and who every said throwing your self a shower is tacky is an absolute clown. Have fun invite everyone celebrate your baby

1 Like

I had baby showers for all 3 of my kids! (16, 7 &4). My oldest we had 3 different showers. My middle child we did 1 huge co-ed shower. My youngest we had 2. One for family & friends in my hometown & one with friends where I was living.

With my 1st pregnancy I had 2 baby showers. It was my moms 1st grandchild and wanted to have a good time with all the 1st. My mil decided to throw a shower too and refused to collaborate with my mom (it was her 7th grandchild). My 2nd pregnancy of mil of course had to start planning a shower ASAP and my non said let her do it, I don’t think I can afford to this time. My sister had a baby shower for school baby and she had 3 kids 5-6 years apart for each one. I don’t think it’s a big deal…

If your kids are close in age and same gender, no. If there are years between or opposite genders, yes. The purpose is to help prepare you with things for baby. HOWEVER, do what you want. 🤷 If people wanna come, they will.

You can invite whomever you want, just don’t be offended if people don’t show up. Id go if one of my friends did though.

1 Like

I was with you until you said you were throwing it yourself. That comes across as a gift grab and tacky. See if you can get someone to throw it for you. If they’re amenable, you can plan the whole thing & they just greet people and get the RSVPs.

You can have showers for subsequent kids, Orr multiple showers for the same kid. I had a work shower, a shower in my hometown and one at the in-laws’ out of town.

3 Likes

Also, you can call it a “sprinkle” or have a “meet the baby” event after the child is born. You can host the latter without it seeming tacky. Most people will bring gifts anyway; designate family and friends who can discreetly let those interested know what you need/want or direct inquirers to where you have a registry.

2 Likes

It is in poor taste to give oneself a shower of any kind . It is fine to have another shower if you have someone wanting to host it for you . Another option : send out your baby announcements . Of course , do this to announce the birth of your baby , only . However , some people will send a gift .

U go right ahead I have heard same thing but people have multiple all the time every baby needs there own belongings whoever wants to buy will buy and I’d people don’t wanna oh well

I had one for both. My second was a lot smaller than the first but we still had it. Theyre fun and every baby should be celebrated

I was raised that its a one time thing.
Not that celebrating a new child is, just a second baby shower is. In my upbringing you can have a diaper party, a meet and greet gathering, big gender reveal, pretty much any other type.
Same with weddings, you get married once, you go all out. You get married a second time you don’t.
That it’s like asking people repeatedly to finance your life decisions over and over again. One experience is enough. I’m not saying I’m judging those who don’t do it that way. Just explain my upbringing.

3 Likes

I had two cause the two families wanted to throw one. It was nice. I was only aware of one as the other was a surprise.

Well usually your mom throws you one and the daddy’s mom throws you one as well, st least thats how we do it

You can have as many baby showers as you want. I didn’t have a baby shower for this baby I just had on the 4th. But I had thought about just doing a “needs” list on Amazon and letting family know what is actually needed. Then they can just ship it right to you without having to have a party or anything. (I am honestly introverted and am socially awkward so I rather be away from everyone, those who know me understand. I’ve always been this way.)

1 Like

I have 7 kids wanna know how many baby showers i had none no help at all so id be happy to have 1 ur blessed :heart: i dont think ita tacky if they go they go if not then so be it and still have it reguardless if they show up or not celebrate it with ur other kids and bf or husband

It’s called a sprinkle

I had a baby shower for all three

I had one for my 3rd… only cause there was 13 years between 2&3 :joy::joy::joy:

Why not . Its still wonderfull news . Go right ahead x

1 Like

Depends if their the same gender and close in age then maybe but if their years apart and you don’t have any of the baby gear then go ahead with the shower! But just do you doesn’t matter what people think!

I’ve heard people having “sprinkles” for baby #2. Usually its really close friends and family that plan it. Mostly its for things that you use up and can’t save from baby #1 like diapers, wipes etc and maybe clothes if the gender differs from baby #1.

Yes. You can have a party to show off baby, but not a shower. Many people will give you a gift anyway.

1 Like

I’ve had 2. One with my oldest son, and one with my daughter. They’re 3 years apart.

Have what you want. It’s your baby shower celebrating your birth of your son/daughter. If they come they come if not :woman_shrugging:t5: and if you plan it so what at least you know it’s how you want it. You might can have a close relative/friend host it. Its shouldnt matter anyone if they arent paying for it.

I had 2, my oldest is 2 years older than my second. I also plan on having a third this May. My soon to be middle is 6 years old now.

Every baby should be celebrated… if it’s only you available to throw it maybe have a sip and see after baby is born. If you have a friend then do a “sprinkle “ party before hand and be helpful. I love having the pictures for baby to see when they are older so I think every baby should have something even if it’s small it can be great.

4 Likes

It would be tacky to throw a baby shower for yourself.

It’s not appropriate to throw one for yourself!

No not at all, maybe if youre the one planning everything its weird have a friend help you. The only reason itd be tacky is if you did something like make them all drive to a BK and demand money or something super weird.

I was given a shower for each of my kids. But my 1st was a girl and I had a boy 7 years later.

Guy have one diaper bash and girls have one

But ee just having a drive by shower cause of health concerns

We had a coed shower for our second and did a diaper raffle with bunch of prizes, it was really fun and great to get everyone together and celebrate

1 Like

Very tacky for you to throw it.

I had 4 kids and 4 baby showers have fine enjoy your pregnancy have all the parties you want!! Life’s to short!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Family or friends threw a shower for each of my babies. Every baby deserves their own shower as it’s more a celebration of each new life. As for throwing one for yourself, it’s generally frowned upon, but if you have no one to throw one for you I see no problem with it.

Celebrate all babies! People aren’t coming to give gifts but to celebrate the gift of life. No one is required to go if they think it is tacky.

4 Likes

I have a 3, almost 4 yr old daughter, and a newborn son. We had showers for both. I don’t think it’s tacky, especially with different genders. Every baby should be celebrated!

5 Likes

I say diaper party or sprinkle for any kids after the 1st. You should have all the big stuff already, but every kid deserves some new clothes and things like diapers and wipes along with a celebration of their life. You can’t expect people to spend a hundred dollars every time you decide to have a baby. Times are hard and people are sufferi.

2 Likes

That’s so weird someone would tell you it’s “tacky”. Must’ve been a hater… Its perfectly normal to have one with each child. Each child is a different celebration. Seriously. Don’t let anyone take the fun or excitement out of your pregnancy and new addition. :heart::heart::heart: throw that babyshower!

3 Likes

I didn’t have one for my first, had one for my second an planning one for our last little girl. You do what you want. This is your pregnancy journey an I believe every momma to be more than deserves to celebrate each one.:100::heart:

2 Likes

I had a baby sprinkle, as I was having another boy I had everything (basically). But wanted to celebrate with some friends anyway, so we went for dinner

Every baby should be celebrated!

It is not tacky to have more baby showers. The mere thought of that blows my mind. Have never really heard any etiquette rules on the subject for real.

Are you having another girl?

I personally only believe in one big baby shower. Especially since they are close ish in age.

My sister threw me a “sprinkle”, and we just asked for clothes, baby wipes and diapers. It was super small, but it was very generous.

5 Likes

No it’s okay to have more than one. More than one baby means more diapers, more wipes, more money spent,…if people are okay with it and some will come might as well!! Or hell it isn’t about buying stuff either just being there!! Having a baby isn’t a virtue a lot of people can enjoy so make the best of it and it is a time to celebrate for sure no matter how many you have!!

1 Like

I guess it’s tacky if it’s the same host and you expecting the same people to come. I had 3 baby showers. 1 was thrown by my family, they live 1400km away from me so they held one when I visited them at 5 months. Then my friends through me a baby shower and then my work colleagues threw me one too. I didn’t expect any of them. I was not the host and noone in attendance was at all 3. I got plenty of gifts :grin::blush:

Every baby is a blessing and should be celebrated. I say GO FOR IT. I didnt have more than 1 shower but that’s because my 1st was a nightmare (my family sucks) and I had mine all back to back so didnt really NEED the stuff.

No I had one for both my kids. Its a celebration of a life about to be born. So I say go for it! :slight_smile:

I had one for both of my pregnancies, but they were 15 years apart.
Typically I think people will either have a “sprinkle” or receive gifts upon the babies arrival.
Throwing one for yourself seems tacky, but that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

It is totally fine. A friend of mine who was having her third and final baby (a boy after 2 girls) got in a pretty big fight with family members about this. I ended up throwing the whole thing for her. Invite those who love and support you and yours and forget the rest

1 Like

I had two close together. I had a baby shower for first one and a diaper party for second one.

It’s my understanding that you dont throw yourself a baby shower. Also inappropriate for the parents of the expecting to do it. But yes, more than one is appropriate. You have your work girls, your family and besties… different people can host a party for you.

1 Like

Not weird…nobody threw me a baby shower for my 2nd :frowning: i believe every baby should be celebrated…even if its a no gift party, and just to celebrate the baby coming…diaper parties are the best

Its not tacky to want to celebrate your babies… personally I don’t plan to have one… I’m having a 4th child and I wouldn’t feel right having one. Plus I hate attention being on me lol

1 Like

I had a baby shower for all 3 of my children. My second one all I asked for was diapers. I ended up with enough to make it through the first 4 months with out having to purchase any.

Not if it’s a different gender. And who the hell cares what anyone thinks about that? They don’t have to come if it offends them. Family and true friends will welcome celebrating with you!

1 Like

I threw a baby shower for all three of mine , I looked at his as a celebration and I invited my closest friends and family. It’s not tacky to celebrate every childs conception

7 Likes

Go for it! I never truly had a baby shower. My first I went into labor before my shower. So they just gave me my gifts when I got out. :upside_down_face:

My mom and sister threw me a sprinkle shower, my boys are 2.5 years apart mainly it was just close family but still just something small to help with like diapers and wipes and to celebrate a new family member

1 Like

I did for both my babies. People are ridiculous now a days. I didn’t expect family to buy me everything, I just did a registry and whatever family/friends got me was welcome. My husband and I purchased the rest.

I had somebody tell me that… my response…“dont invite you, got it!” Lol. I had a shower for all 4 of mine but I also lived in a different place with different people everytime. My last 1 was just going shopping with my best friend, sister, and mom. I choose to celebrate all pregnancies.

Everyone is different, totally up to you what you’d like to do. No one dictates what you choose to do. My eldest we had a baby shower (she was our first child) then 11 years later we had our 2nd child, had a baby shower. 3rd and final child, was born when our 2nd was 18 months old. We chose not to have a baby shower for our final child, we had everything we needed :heart:

I’m pregnant with my second and having a baby shower . I didn’t save anything from my first cause I wasn’t thinking I would have another baby.

My thought is if the kids are close in age and same gender, no. Unless you want a diaper and wipe shower. (I wanted one but the heifer threw a fit and refused it).
Now if you have one gender and expecting another, yes.
If you have a 4+ yo then yes. By then you’ve probably gotten rid of all 1st baby’s stuff.
I had a boy first and he was 8 when we had our girl.
But I know people who’ve had kids back to back (like now they have a 3yo, 1yo and due in may) and want showers for all. If 1 is a different gender, then yes, otherwise no.

If it’s a different gender I can see yes , or a differnt fob yes since they would want to be a part of it but usually it’s not proper . Maybe have a diaper sprinkle and just do diapers and baby books .

I had 3 with my 1st baby, none with my 2nd and 1 with my 3rd. All the same gender.

I think it’s odd if you throw it for yourself but I’m odd man out I gues

1 Like

I didn’t but I kept everything with my first and my son just gets to deal with a pink playmat and pink excersaucer :rofl: he has boy clothes but everything else is hammy down … that being said I have been to other people la second baby shower most called it a “sprinkle” and nobody registered for anything big they mostly asked for diapers and wipes and clothes or new bottles… I do know a few more people who just had a diaper keg or a Bay B Q and it was like a back yard BBQ food and diapers and games :woman_shrugging: I don’t think it’s tacky

Every baby should be celebrated. But if it’s just because you want free stuff then yes it’s tacky. Try doing a baby sprinkle instead. Or a grill out where people bring diapers only

2 Likes

I had one with my first child and two showers with my second it’s perfectly normal

I had one in AZ for friends and family. Then one in Texas for friends and family. I have a big family and wanted to share it with all of them, and some couldn’t travel, but I could, so I went to them.

1 Like