Is it okay to have more than 1 baby shower?

You can totally have multiple. But I wouldn’t ‘re-invite’ anyone that went to the previous ones for the same baby lol

Have a shower for each child. Every baby deserves to be celebrated.

4 Likes

I had one for my oldest and my second, boy and girl.

Like in the same pregnancy? I think one for every pregnancy is fine. But like two in pregnancy does seem tacky.

Nope. Do what you want. I didn’t have one for my first but I did for my second and third. Then not for my fourth. There are no rules.

1 Like

One for each child and that is it.

Not weird it’s called a sprinkle!

Not weird! We called it a sprinkle for our 2nd & 3rd. We had donuts instead of cake and we had finger food. Sandwiches, dips, small crockpots. And had games & prizes. Everyone loved it!

My family had a small drive by sprinkle for me.

If I was your mom, I’d be having a baby shower!

1 Like

It’s your baby! Do what you want! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I had one for all 5 of my kids :woman_shrugging: never heard of a rule

It depends on the family

Yup have another one all
Babies deserve a welcome celebration :heart:

I’ve had 5 kids. We had baby showers for 4 of them. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I have heard this too and I dont agree. You should feel comfortable doing what ever you want and others who disagree should keep walking. Its not necessary to force their beliefs on another. You do you and they do them. Have your shower! And congratulations!

Do what you want Mamma! I don’t see why not :grin::grin:

Traditionally, it’s only 1 baby shower and it’s for the first. I only had 1 and saved a lot of my stuff.

1 Like

I had 2, my boys were 6 years apart so car seats had expired and things like that. Everything I did with my first was tan and green so it could be neutral. I reused everything I could. The shower was mostly stuff that had expired, clothes and diapers kind of thing.
I think it would fall into what people call a sprinkle.

The only reason why I didn’t throw a second one was cause I had everything besides bottles,bed and her own blanket and I didn’t want the stress of doing another one two years later. I would do another one if you want and the people who think it’s tacky or what ever don’t have to come, I always just saw it as a celebration of baby so if you wanna bring a gift thank you if not that’s ok thank you for just coming to celebrate with me

Mexicans have one for each baby and even host it themselves lol you can do what you want so go for it

I had this same question. I have a 1 1/2 year old and currently 6 months pregnant too. I think we are going to do a cookout and if people want to get her something do like a diaper and wipes party or get her something little if they want to. You can do whatever you want though. I know a lot of people who had multiple baby showers :blush:

Where I’m from mothers have multiple showers there is nothing wrong with celebrating the impending arrival of ur child no matter it being your first or 7th …however its not really customary I suppose u could say to request gifts we just throw a shower nibbles games ect and if people want to get gifts they can but not mandatory. But also do u babe and whatever u want WHO CARES what others think we spend yo much time worrying about that xxxx also congratulations!!!

1 Like

I’m on Baby #3 right now (only 7 weeks along) and my family already like “Where’s your list?” My first is turning 3 soon and my 2nd is only a year and a half. My house is 90% baby/toddler stuff.
But first as I’ve seen so many people on here say, don’t feel bad about celebrating each and every baby. You don’t have to do it the same way each time if you want.
Go crazy.
Do a full baby shower
Do a Diaper party
Do a baby themed game night with friends
Do whatever you want!

That’s the beauty of it! It’s your pregnancy and your baby!

If you don’t feel comfortable throwing a full shower, don’t. But I can also tell you, even though you feel like you have everything, and you definitely have enough to get you by, there’s gonna be alot still that you could find helpful.

Being a mama of 2 is different then 1. There will be things that may help with that.

No matter what, enjoy your pregnancy and try not to stress out!

I had one for all 3 of my kids!

Oh Jesus just have it

I had a shower for my first, not my second and third but I was extremely organised and kept everything from my first so there wasn’t alot I needed

I used to think the same way until my second pregnancy. Everyone told me to have a second 1 because I went from boy to girl…also you have people come n go from your life…you could have people you know now that u didn’t know before…and vise versa

My sister threw me a shower for each child . I have 4 kids. First two kids were opposite genders. And the last one was 6 years after the first 3. Both my 1st and last showers were done after the baby was born so people could meet the newest member of the family. Might not be a good plan currently. If people feel it’s tacky they won’t come. Others will be excited and want to get you things for your baby.

I had one for each pregnancy :joy::tipping_hand_woman:t2: first, a girl. Second, my first son, third I had twin boys and lastly my daughter. I don’t care what anyone thinks. They arent footing the bill or taking care of my family.

We didn’t have a shower for my boy we had a meal and had presents given to us it was really nice and chilled x

I have two kids didn’t have any baby shower at all . So I don’t necessarily think it should be a problem for u to have a baby shower it’s a blessing though

There was 5 years between my kids. I had a “baby sprinkle” for my second pregnancy :woman_shrugging:t3:

You can have many as you want who listen to others three years apart you need things

Do you like a barbecue were people bring you diapers and wipes. I think every baby should be celebrated by the baby shower is to give you things that you don’t have for a baby that you now are having. Your second can you typically have those things or some of them at least.

I consider it celebrating a new baby plus being different genders go for it

Every child deserves to be celebrated equally.
If someone we invite thinks it’s “tacky” cool, they don’t have to come. Not a big deal to us. We hardly have any friends that come anyways, we both have larger families. I never understood the whole “tacky” argument. But to each their own. We celebrate each baby the same, no matter gender or age gap🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

I had a shower for both my babies, which are 8 years apart. Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks. If YOU want one to celebrate with friends and family, have one! :heart:

1 Like

it’s called a “sprinkle” but i think it’s whatever you want to do!!

1 Like

I have 7 kids… I had 7 baby showers… its about celebrating the new life…

2 Likes

Your choice and yours alone

1 Like

I had 2 kids 2 showers different genders but if I had more I still would I think every baby should be celebrated

1 Like

I had a shower for my first and third but my oldest and middle child are 2.5 yrs apart (both boys) and had my daughter almost 7 yrs later. Doesnt matter what other people think, you do you! It helps sooo much too!

1 Like

One for each pregnancy is fine😊

1 Like

Every child is a blessing. Who cares what people say! Have your baby shower! Celebrating that new baby is NOT tacky

I had one with my first. I threw the shower myself. 5 years later after we gave away everything, we ended up pregnant again. We didn’t have a shower because I felt if I was going to throw another shower myself I mine as well just spend that money on baby stuff. I bought a lot of 2and hand stuff or accepted hand me downs from friends. 4 years later after we gave away all our stuff :woman_facepalming: we are having a 3rd child. I still did not have a shower as I feel it would be more beneficial to spend that money on the baby instead of a party.

I feel it’s one’s own personal preference if they should have multiple baby showers. My preference was not to because I don’t think it’s truly that beneficial because I don’t talk to very many people so I would probably spend more to throw the shower than I would receive in gifts. So it makes more sense to me to just spend that money on the things we needed.

Woman, you do you! And damn anyone who judges you!!! You have as many baby showers as you want! All babies deserve to be celebrated all the time!! :heart: sending super good vibes your way!!!

I’d it wasn’t for the virus early 2020 I’d have had another I love throwing parties for my kids Im growing life we throwing a party for that every time I tell everyone don’t have a gift DONT LET THAT STOP YOU I’m the mom I can get what I need gifts are fun but this is a celebration :tada::tada::tada: get it girl throw that baby shower celebrate that life

1 Like

Im pregnant with twins. Im having a shower. Even though I just had one with my youngest 1 1/2 years ago…

1 Like

I had a shower for all 3 of my babies :woman_shrugging: it honestly baffles me that people think its tacky or that you shouldnt have a shower after baby #1. The whole point of a baby shower is to celebrate the new baby and help momma out by presenting gifts, that she in turn doesnt have to buy for herself. It’s about helping and celebrating.

1 Like

I dont think tacky is the word i would use. We call a zecond celebration a " sprinkle " rather than a shower because you had your big shower with your first. I dont think you should give yourself the party, that is usually done by a family member or friemd.

I say have the shower, as long as you’re not just having the shower JUST to get stuff. It’s about celebrating the pregnancy and the mother in my opinion

Yes, go ahead and have one. This was a nono when I was having babies but I think it’s called for and if people don’t wanna come, fine.

I’m older(60) and in my day it would not have been done. The shower was intended on giving you a start. But we didn’t have reveal parties or sprinkles either. However I can say my second got more than enough clothing from visitors wanting to see and hold baby.

2 Likes

I had all the same sex children and I have 4 and was thrown or threw a baby shower for each of them. I never asked for large things I always just replaced what needed to be. Just to come celebrate a new life coming.

I was told you have one with your first child only. If you have more then one baby it’s up to you to support them not us.

I had 3 children and never had a baby shower that was usually the grandparents helped if you NEEDED anything

Every baby deserves special gifts from friends and family. Especially on there special day. Be it boy or girl.

I think it used to be considered “tacky” because years ago, everything was usually fairly gender neutral, no one knew if it was a boy or a girl before the baby came. Quite frankly, with safety recalls and expiration dates on car seats, you might need new stuff even with the same gender.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what a “sprinkle” is? I get it’s basically another baby shower but…??? How do you do invites and such for a sprinkle? I’ve never heard of this before. Interesting.

3 Likes

The second one is a “sprinkle” :blush: I am always up for a party and who doesn’t want to celebrate a baby.

2 Likes

i did a baby shower with my 1st two my oldest and middle are 8 years apart. my third was born at 28 weeks so i didnt have time to have one for her or i would have.

I was told not to with my second (2 boys) bc of etiquettes and I regret it, I feel like he needed a party too. :broken_heart: I threw a sprinkle for my third (a girl) with a friend that was also pregnant. Have a party!

2 Likes

people give me hell over this but i 100% am for one shower only! like i get A LOT of shit for this!!! i had a shower (thrown by and paid for by my amazing friends) when i was pregnant with my son. 3 years later,i was pregnant with my daughter! no shower. also no pot to piss in! i was behind lucky to have amazing friends and family gift me with things for my new baby girl! a little over a year later,i got pregnant with my 3rd child and no shower! i’m completely against them!!! i think they are tacky to continue having! BUT others disagree!! and others have them for every child!

No reason not to. My youngest is 3 and i have NO baby items left over should i have another child. Even if you did why is it “tacky” to celebrate a new life? This is happy and deserving of love and celebration just as much as the first ! Have the shower! Take in the joy ! Celebrate the happy times! :heart:

I’m a single mother of 1 child and had NO baby shower! I didn’t need or want one.

Every baby should be celebrated!!

That being said, I had my son and daughter almost 10 years apart and people still thought I shouldn’t have another baby shower. Smdh

Thankfully my coworkers love babies so much that they threw a baby shower when I was pregnant with my youngest. :heart::heart:

Never ever throw your own shower

8 Likes

Nope! I’m 6 months with a boy and have a 3 year old boy. My family is throwing me another baby shower. Your celebrating that child!

1 Like

I didn’t have a baby shower for my second but I also had 2 boys which I saved a lot from my first. I did register at target anyways for the stuff we needed which was only about 10 items! Everyone kept saying how good of a idea that was… esp because of the virus!

Definitely have one for each baby!!! Its a treat for you as well as the baby :partying_face:

You have as many baby showers as you wants if they think its inappropriate they don’t have to come I had one for each!!

Celebrating a baby is not tacky wether it be the 1st or 5th!

I hate when people say it’s tacky!! You have your baby shower and enjoy yourself! I don’t understand why each baby can’t get the same celebration.

I was told if its a boy do one and if its a girl do another. But if they are all the same sex just one.

My mil did a sprinkle for my second

It’s called a sprinkle