Is it possible to be friends with your childs father?

Yes it can absolutely happen. We didn’t work out but we love our daughter so we co parent perfectly. We make sure to put our daughter first.

1 Like

I get along with my sons dad and his wife. Weve been doing it for 3-4 years successfully. I see his bonus mom as a good friend

1 Like

Feelings and emotions play a massive part but once you both push those aside it does get better. Having a middle man or an authority figure as a go between when communication breaks down is a good thing. Its the first stepping stone . Sometimes its the only way forward to making it work. Think its all about acceptance of the others circumstances and lifestyle. Once you achieve that i dont see why an amicable agreement cant be met . Hope all goes well. It will take time but so worth it :heart:

1 Like

Im friends with both of the fathers. For my xhusband and I tho it took awhile to get where we are. We are actually closer now then when we were together. And my younger 2s dad and I are close as well. He still hopes things can be rekindled and i just have to keep reminding him that it wont happen. But they are both there for me when i need them and vice versa. So it can be done. Just gotta work at it.

1 Like

It us entirely possible. My daughters father and I split. We still loved and cherished each other deeply but there was too much that couldn’t get passed to stay together. He was my best friend and he unfortunately passed away almost 3 years ago and I miss him more than anything. It was the best friendship that I have ever had.

Acting like adults and wanting what is best for your child is what will make it work. Now if dad or mom want to use child to hurt the other then no it wont work. I have a cousin who goes and gets her youngest son siblings even though they are not hers so her son can get to know and bond with his sisters. That is maturity. I even commented on their status that I am glad they allow each other to get the kids for their kids to know siblings. You have to want to make it work.

1 Like

When I split up my my child’s father it was very hard for about a year after we were in and out of court. But we eventually decided it wasn’t worth fighting as it wasn’t healthy for our child. Now we are friendly with each other he calls to speak to our child and we end up chatting ourselves about what’s going on in our lives we are more considerate of each other and help each other when we can. Once we had a system in place we were both better off and friends again. Give it time. Break ups are hard ye both need to grieve once ye have it will be alot easier on both of you. Best of luck x

I have 3 kids. 2 from one ex and 1 from another. I’m also married and have no children with my husband.
Christmas, birthdays, and Thanksgiving are BIG in our lives we all celebrate these things at my husband and my house. Yes both kids dad and my husband get along. Trust me it was not always that way but once everyone understood they were not being replaced by anyone else it became a bigger happier family.

1 Like

My eldest son father and I are good friends. His family is mine and vice a versa. My sisters consider him their brother. His mother is so awesome and supportive. Now I have 3 younger children and there Dad is very different and loves drama. So we tend to clash so i have both sides.

Yes, it can be done. My kids’ dad is one of my closest friends. He was not a good boyfriend but he is a great friend. We can actually sit over a drink and discuss our current love-lives. When we 1st broke up, I was so angry with him, but I eventually realized we have to be co-parents for the rest of our lives. There is no point holding onto that kind of anger when you share children, it’s nothing but exhausting!

I went through a long tedious court battle with my kids father . It was extremely hostile and the kids suffered a lot :frowning: it’s been about 7 years now and I can say that our parenting relationship is actually quite wonderful. We’ve both focused on what the kids best interest were after we were able to settle down ourselves and our emotions of a relationship gone sour. It’s definitely a transitional experience. As long as you two can maintain your composure around each other and away from each other and really focus on what the kids need, it can be done in time

Absolutely yes! We just make it very clear to the childs step parents that we are their parent first and need to make the decisions before they do. Our daughter is 7 and we split when she was 4. It was hard at first but its come a long way.

Yes. It is possible. Not only with the father but with his new girlfriend/wife. I am living proof. We are all friends and willingly spend time together. We are a family at the end of the day. The way I see it… my daughter has the added bonus of more love and support in her life.

Me and the father of my 4 children are great friends, he helps me, I help him, we have a great relationship. We both even remarried and all of us would do holidays/birthdays together. When both parents can set aside their differences, be mature, and realize what’s best for the children, then your children will me much more healthier.

Definitely. Me and my 3 oldest children, 8, 5, and 3, are great friends. We have been divorced for just over 2 years and I’m remarried and have a 1 year old and baby due in September with my husband. But we all get along great and can do holidays and birthdays together and it’s just the best for the kids. The husband has an older daughter who we cannot do those things with and it sucks but she made it that way, so I live both sides

Yes it can be done. I left my youngest daughters dad when I was 3 months pregnant. We had a very rocky road to start with. But here we are 3 years later coparenting and communicating like champs. Hes married now and so am I. And out daughter called me momma dena and her step mom momma bri. And dads just get dad. We have joint birthday parties. And get along great. Her step mom actually made my husbands fathera day gift for me.

It definitely can be done. We are friends. In fact when he remarried his wife had children from a previous marriage. Our children were about the same age. Her children would spend the night with us and our children. The kids still have a special bond as we do.

I am divorced 2 twice and I have good relationship with my both omy daughters Dads. They evite us to things like get togethers still and their other kids birthday parties. All of our kids get a long and it’s great them seeing us all getting along

In my case I could care less about my sons father. Bad thing is I will always have to deal with him cause I have a forever child who is 25. I was okay for awhile with getting along with his father till he took me back to court to not pay any child support and to have him less time. But my overall disappointment was when their father got remarried he didn’t invite my special needs child to the wedding but did his other son. So I have lost all respect I have got him. I do wish you the best though.

I am great friends with my ex husband. We coparent and have birthdays together! It can be done and we have five beautiful children whom have blossomed during the last 10 years. It can be done. Hugs

Me and my youngest daughters father and our spouses have a wonderful friendship/coparenting relationship. We do parties together, our oldest from previous relationships are friends and i always visit with their baby when i pick up/drop off our daughter. Sometimes being apart is better than being together. My oldest daughters father and i are trying to work on our friendship so it can go either way. It depends on the maturity level in my opinion with my situations.

Yes. It took some time in my situation, but we are good friends which makes coparenting so much easier for everyone.

My ex and i are great friends. So much so that we actually took the kids on a family vacation this month. We were together 16 years, but wanted to stay on good terms for our children. We have a lot of respect for each other. It can be done.

We are great friends. We celebrate holidays together somewhat even with significant others. We usually talk about the kids but also send eachother music and jokes that we know the other would appreciate. Not only can it be done. It so good for the kids to see and not be torn between you.

When my sons father and I split it was really bad. When I got with my fiancé it was even worse. Time went by, and collectively we worked on it and we are all really great friends now, including his girlfriend. Gotta keep the focus on your child, that’s all that matters

My and baby dad are super cool. We don’t do child support or split custody. We do it how our work schedules are and if we have things planned. Wasn’t always easy but we can all go do stuff together and the girls love it!

Yes, it can. My fiancee and his ex get along great, as j do with her too. They had a rocky start when they had first broken up way back in the day, but over time they learned how to get along at least for the sake of their baby boy.

Granted, they can still get into arguments, but nowhere near as bad as it use to be.

My daughters father and I are on very good terms. Of course we had alot of issues but once we took our personal feelings about our situation out of it the whole deal became really easy. We are now good friends we can do events together and even hang out. I dont think about the past i only look towards the future im making for my kid and the example her dad and I are setting for her by respecting each other and loving her above anything else.

5 years later and were still not friends nor will we ever be. But at least our child is loved in both homes is all i can say.

1 Like

It’s a choice of importance you have to make . Is your child’s happiness and wellbeing more important than being bitter and angry towards your ex ? Maturity goes a long way . My youngest daughters dad actually rents a room from my husband and I , so he lives with us… it works out well. Also my oldest sons wife’s ex splits rent with them, they each have children together, financially it’s a win win for them at this time. My daughter in law was transferred in her job and her ex decided to move also versus being 16 hundred miles away from his daughter. They rented a home together and until he starts work and finds an apartment of his own. I’m quite impressed with their commitment to the kids .

It can definitely be done. Me and my sons dad are really good friends. We don’t always see eye to eye but we don’t let our son see it. Just don’t give up, even if things get difficult. It’s so rewarding. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

My children’s father and I are best friends. We were together for 13 years, and split after 9 years of marriage. It’s a matter of choice. If you choose daily to put your children’s needs above your own and make time to have a friendly relationship with him it will benefit the children in ways you’ll never believe. There are way too many important things your children will celeb, why make them choose which one gets to be there. Make the choice for them and let it be both. Best of luck

It HAS to be on both sides for it to work. And I’ve learned having a grown son that when he was growing up, sometimes his dad and I got along beautifully and sometimes we just couldn’t see eye to eye on things. But my son never doubted either of us loved him.

My husband walked out on me 7 weeks ago, we have 3 children and as hard as it’s been, we are being amicable for the kids. He wants us to be friends and I didn’t want that at first as he hurt me bad, but actually my kids are happier when we get on, we talk like we did when we were together, we can still confide in each when we have issues with certain things, I always turned to him for everything and I know I still can. It’s hard at first but I’ll do absolutely anything to keep my kids happy x

My son’s father and I split when he was just shy of 2yrs old things at first were rocky but after then first 6months we have had a pretty good parenting relationship. We co parent awesome do we have a few disagreements yes but that’s natural but our son is 8 now and we call each other and talk and make sure we stay months same page and my s/o is typically a part of those conversations so we show our son that we may not be together but we ALL want what’s best for him and we all expect the same respect. We are a team. So I absolutely think its possible to be chill with the father of a child.

I am friends with someone who had a baby with an ex and honestly it was hard when he was younger, like until 3 years old which is long I know, BUT he’s now 6 and they are on good terms. They’re both married to other people and they all have mutual respect. And from what I remember of the father he is VERY hard to deal with as he wants everything his way but the spouses kind of helped make things easier I think

My husband and his ex can get along very well. As do her and I. There have been times of threats and court and the whole toxic picture…BUT in the end, all it takes are ALL individuals dedicated to doing the best for the child even when you have to swallow your pride and do things you hate. It takes time, but co-parenting friendships are possible, and so worth every icky bit along the way. We have come back from arrests and addiction on the other side-its always possible when the child/children are the most important to all! You would give your life for that child right? So give it everything you can. If it doesnt work in the long run, the child will see you gave it your best and every effort, and they will love you so much harder for it. My kids are teens now, and i promise it pays off. The gratitude and respect for what ive done for them is amazing because they now see the whole picture and they love all of us even more for what we ALL have done for their happiness and well being.

Child’s father here. Had a rough first 2 years then things got good. 4 years later, we are back together and really happy. Best thing you can do is understand if he has another woman one day, that you should avoid drama with his new situation. That seemed to be the biggest issue I ran into with my sons mother, and dont go down memory road. Just try to stay focused on your child.

1 Like

Yes it is. In fact, my son has gone back and forth between his dads house and my house for as long as he can remember. His step mom is a very good friend of mine. Unfortunately his dad and step mom are getting a divorce, but they still plan on my son seeing his stepmom. It is amazing what can happen when everyone puts the child first.

100% me and my ex are best friends been seperated 2 years now. Very amicable, kids first no.matter what impact this has on anything including us meeting other people xx

1 Like

It can be done. I am very close with my oldest sons Dad but it honestly took a while to get here. We both had to grow as individuals and get on the same page. One thing we’ve always been on the same page with is our son however.

My ex and I get along very well now that we are divorced. Our kids love that we coparent so we’ll and my new husband and my ex get along well as well

It may take some time but it will get there… As long as both of you can let go of the mishap of the relationship you will become friends. My sons father is my best friend we do a lot together. My daughters father on the other hand it took us almost 3 years of ups and downs before we finally became friends

It took us almost 3 years and I wouldn’t say we are friends but we can laugh about old times and get along for our child. He did me so wrong I could never trust him again on the level I would trust a friend but peaceful is nice.

My husband and I divorced when my kids were about 4 and 7. He remarried and they had a child together and his wife had a child from a previous marriage as well. We all worked together. We did holidays together so our children were able to wake up Christmas mornings together and neither of us had to miss out on that either. We even did vacations together. Our kids never had to feel like they were picking sides. She became my best friend. My kids are now 23 and 26 and I wouldn’t change a thing. We put our feelings aside and truly made the kids our #1 priority. Don’t get me wrong we had our moments but I can honestly say my kids have thanked us and are better people for it. It takes 2 though it really does or should I say 3 in my case. It is very possible and until this day I’m so grateful for my situation :heart:

I’ve watched the ups and downs with my best friend and her ex. It was a rocky start, making the hard decisions, there was a bit of fighting BUT once they found a groove that worked they were golden. They are a team now friends. They both remarried and they all get along. At times it wasn’t easy, holidays apart etc but now they try and plan trips where everyone goes step mom step dad and new brother and new baby sister. They made it work and they worked hard at it.

It’s totally possible my oldest two children’s father and I started off as best friends and stayed best friends after breaking up. We still love each other but grew apart and wanted different things in life. They are grown now so me being in a relationship we don’t talk as much. But when they were little he would stop by the house a few times a week and stayed for hours playing with the kids including my youngest and we would talk and laugh the whole time. He would even come by to talk about relationship problems and knew he always had a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen in return he’d do the same for me. Whenever he planned events for the kids he always included my youngest.

Me and my ex are great friends I even get along with his wife. Every choice we make is for our son. It took a couple years but 11 years in now and he even held me when I cried when my husband died. It takes time but with work on both sides, cause y’all both have to work at it, it can be beautiful for everyone

You don’t necessarily have to be friends, but you can keep respect for each other, and maintain good communication for the sake of the child. Make the co-parenting easy for yourselves

Yes… i think it’s important for the kids to find a friendship & get along! It makes co-parenting so much easier! & it’s very important to never say anything bad about the other parent to or in front of the kids (no matter what) it ends up hurting the kids!

Yes it can
When you both agree that you WILL NOT use the kids as ANY type of leverage AT ALL. What is best for the kids should come first because that is what parents do. Commit selfless acts for their children’s sake.
It’s too damn stressful and SUCH a waste of energy to hold on to hurt and resentment. Move on…like seriously…move on. You don’t have to be spiteful and you don’t have to be bitter. Life WILL go on. You get to choose how you want to live it tho :grin:

Absolutely!! Sometimes people get along better when they’re not together, as is the case for my ex and I. We fought constantly when we were married and spilt when our daughter was 1. She will be 7 next month and my ex and I are pretty much best friends! We make choices for her together and do things as a family still, and at the end of the day we can call and talk to each other about whatever and none of the negativity from our relationship is there anymore. I was bitter for about a year after because I wanted him back but I was also young and selfish. Even if it doesn’t seem you’ll ever get along, push through because you’ll get there!!

My boyfriend has always been friends with his sons mother. They have their problems and have times that they dont get along, but over all they have a good friendship and he is even friends with her husband. I remain in the middle. We have had our issues, but pretty much coparent well for the most part. I wouldn’t say we are friends or not friends but we get along enough and even do some stuff together. As for my exes, we are not friends and never would be.

Me and my son’s dad get along great. I get along with his fiance as well. We text each to see how each other is doing. I text him to let him know how our son is doing and how his grades are. He lives in another state so it’s a lot of work to keep him informed but its worth it for our son. It took awhile to get to this point but I’m glad we are finally.

My adult children and I have not heard from their father in almost 18 years now. They are 34 and 32 now. He lives about 90 minutes away in a different state. He no longer deserves to be called a father. Just a sperm donor…it’s sad. My son walked his sister down the aisle when she got married.

As long as there is respect everything else falls in place. Respect for your child will go along way and that has to be the ultimate goal. Respect each other for your child’s sake and you will see a positive relationship grow. Maybe not friends but you know showing your kid that you respect each other allows them to breathe

It all does eventually work out😁 my child’s father and I separated when our son was one. He is now 11. It was a rough start but just keep in mind the big picture and you will get through it👍 good luck

My sons dad and I are really good friends. It took a couple years to get where we and we really had to work for it but we even take my both my kids out to do things. We went to the beach all together last week. We go for dinners sometimes with the kids. We communicate a lot. We do still argue sometimes but have learnt way better coping strategies that work for us to be able to coparent so well.

My oldest son’s father and I separated a year ago. We set up child support and custody without lawyers and we’re doing our thing before I even filed. I just wanted it set in stone so if we ever do have an issue he has to stick by it. We aren’t friends per se but we are able to successfully co-parent.

It totally can happen, my kids Dad and I were miserable together now after just 1 and a half years apart, we have both moved on with new partners, and we are all friends, like they come over here for fires with our boys, but always end up staying till well after the kids go to bed! Its the best situation for my kids as well as me and him, I never thought it would happen, but it has and its been so good!

My children’s father and I have been divorced for 7 years. We are good friends now. We take family pictures, celebrate major milestones together, have dinner as a family occasionally, and have even taken a week long vacation to Disneyland. It can work, but takes a commitment to do what is best for your kids from both sides. You are in this forever. It is easier to be amicable.

My parents were great during my childhood. Unfortunately my divorce and the kids father couldn’t be saved the courts denied him visitation and gave me full custody.

My ex and I are “cordial” I am remarried. He is not. He has good days…and bad. He is a good dad and takes good care of our daughter financially. I take care of everything else. We are great parents…just not a good couple

Depends on the maturity of the mother and father. It can happen. But i know for my situation its tough cause bd still has feelings so it makes it awkward. But im in a healthy, happy relationship finally. And my kids are crazy about him.

It can be done. My parents are living a testament to that. Neither ever missed any events of ours, both showed up, acted like adults and always put my brother and I first.

Once all emotional attachments are gone. Both parent’s need to work on healing themselves to be a better man/ woman; so they can be a better parent. If the co-parentship is driven on spite and revenge it will not only hurt the ability to co-parent effectively. It will ultimately hurt the child with development around conflict resolution and emotionally. Parents are the child’s first teacher.

It is possible. Me and my sons dad split along time ago but even though we are not together we are still really good friends. It did take a lot on both our parts to get here but it’s really good now.

It is possible. My son’s father and I get along pretty well and we can all hang out/do things. He only comes around maybe two or three times a year though

It can totally be done- and in doing so it’s better for everyone involved. Mainly- the kids. I’m friends with my EX. I’m remarried but my ex has came to our home for birthdays, Christmas, and other holidays. We also give and take when it comes to parenting time and we don’t live by the “schedule”. If he wants to take the kids camping, or to see his parents, - by all means: GO!!! If I can’t pick the kids up from school, he will. I never wanted my kids to feel like they had to choose, or that they couldn’t talk about their dad to me.
It may not be conventional for some- but it works great for us. Even when it comes to discipline: restriction of electronics, etc carries over to both houses when attitudes or grades begin to slip. So heading over to dads doesn’t mean a free pass, and vice versa.

My ex and I are great friends. They were young 3&1 when we split. Now 15&13. They grew up with both of us at all their school events and sporting events sitting side by side; still going to dinner few times a year the 4 of us together, a yankee game, aquarium, etc. we have joint parties for any major events, communion, confirmation, graduation. We may not be together but the kids shouldn’t lose on feeling like they belong to what would be their family.

Yep! My 1st husband and I have one child together. She’ll be 15 next month in July. :sparkling_heart: We had our spats in the beginning of our split. But things calmed down. We attended the required parenting course together as the only two that would sit together. Everyone else sat on opposite sides of the room. :joy: We had an uncontested divorce. Fast forward a bunch of years, I’m remarried and had 2 more girls. My husband and I are good friends with my ex. We celebrate all holidays and birthdays together with mine and my ex’s parents too. We go out to dinner together. Have cook outs and go to fireworks, the movies, school events, etc all together. My ex takes all 3 of my girls on some weekends and such. We’re one big family. The way I look at it is that it sets the example for our 15 year old and other kids that it is possible for everyone to get along. She never misses out on time with anyone or has to split holidays. It is completely possible! Besides, it takes a village to raise kids. :joy: This is my village.:heart:

1 Like

Never downgrade the child’s father in front of them! Me and my sons father get along now- better than when we was married! We wants what is best for him and that’s it! The child is the priority :100:!!

I am good friends with both of my kids Dad’s for my kids sake. So they can see it is possible for both parents to get along and not use them against the other parent

It can be done, BUT you BOTH need to remember that it’s about the child and not about the two of you!
It will be hard and it has taken us many years, but we were able to do it.

1 Like

Yes it absolutely possible to be friends with your child’s father. It’s a matter of shifting your perspective. You have to migrate from romantic relationship to friends, you still have a common goal and that’s the kids. It’s not about you or him anymore so any of those differences can get put aside.

I also had issues with my twins father when we separated court and his mother got involved so it did get ugly but with time things have gotten better as we both matured. The twins are now ten and him n his mom will get them every other weekend. He tries to make it to the kids events when he can and I just make sure that im doing what I can as a mother to them. They both have phones so he calls them individually and thats how its been. So far so good. I live my life he lives his.

It can be possible but is really difficult as mothers we always try our best for our babies i would stick to court orders instead because anything or let’s said a women can make a man brake what you guys have set in place for ur child and at the end who suffered the most is the kids. It took me a long time to be able to see eye to eye with my child father we had verbal agreements for our kid but those often were broken so we stick to court orders if we need to we change things here and there for the best of our kid we do and always talk respectful to each other

It takes time and maturity on both parties… but its definitely possible! Me and my sons dad have been split up since he was a baby (he is 11 now) and we get along so much better and have had a great coparenting relationship for the past 6ish years. During the pandemic he even brought us toilet paper from the town he lives in because no stores had any in my town :rofl:. We do birthday parties together and he’s always invited for most holidays (Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving). I have been with my other half for almost 7 years and they also get along so that is a definite plus! Its tough and ive learned to shut my mouth on stupid little things that don’t actually matter. And he’s learned to actually become the parent our son needs and not a friend. As the child’s parent you will still grow together and teach your child that just because mom and dad are not together they still get along. My son brags about us all the time to his other friends from broken families that both his parents will both be at his games, school activities etc. I love our coparenting friendship!

My ex husband and I are great friends and co-parents. We separated 11 years ago, but didn’t officially divorce until 2018. We have been amicable the whole time and even spend time together with our respective families.

It is important that you go into the arrangement with the attitude that you can be friends. Having a positive mindset makes it much easier in practice. Sure we argue sometimes around differences in parenting, but generally speaking that’s pretty rare.

I should add my parents had a very amicable relationship post divorce and are great friends (even neighbors!), so I had an example to follow and it has worked well for us.

The couple of years were really rough. Their Dad would p/u from my home. They were dropped off at school on Monday morning. They are now friends. They ride together for school happenings…concerts, parent-teacher meetings, etc. A couple years ago my daughter had a seizure. Their dad came to p/u. As usual he asked, “What is happening?” My oldest grandson, very matter of fact, “Mom is having a seizure and my brother is on the phone with 9-1-1.” My daughter woke up as the paramedics arrived and with her ex holding her hand. They never did find a reason.

Myself and ex husband fought so bad when we were together. We ended up in mediation because we couldn’t agree on shared experiences/ custody etc. But once that was all panned out we have become great friends and get along wonderful. He spends Christmas and holidays at mine and my new husbands house, we do father’s day together, family suppers etc. Honestly its so healthy to the kids and neither of have to miss a thing. Im pregnant with my 3rd baby (for my new husband) and him and his family check in regularly to make sure all is well and my new husband and him talk daily about the kids.

Yes my daughter’s father and I have been split for 10 years. We both have families and get along great. It may take time but it can be done

Yes it is possible!! It took about a year after our breakup but we began to talk!! At first it was just about our daughter but as the time has passed we started discussing other things! We have met each other’s special friends over the years and even celebrated our daughters birthday together! Our daughter is 35 now and we still have a good relationship! It’s important for parents to put the children first and not let emotions of the relationship rule!

Yes you can just focus on the child and not each other.You can become a working team for the children. He respectful to one another. It can work it did for me and my oldest daughter who is now 38 with her own kids.

Ex & I split 9 years ago, chose mediation for our divorce. We’ve been friends since. I attended his wedding when he re-married, we help each other out when needed, I still attend his families parties. We even chit chat and just catch up on the phone now and then. We made a conscious effort to separate before the friendship was beyond repair, and to always put our kids’ needs before our own egos. It was difficult, but well worth it.

It can definitely be done. Until he remarries and his new wife tries to control everything. That’s where I’m at.

1 Like

My ex and I are friends. And trust me the kids notice. Our son was about 10 and he told me that he didn’t realize most parents who are divorced don’t get along but that he was happy we did. It’s absolutely a possibility.

Its is very hard at first. I wont lie it was torture and a lot of heartache. But after about 1 year we both got together and talked. We decided that since we have children together its not just about us. It is about the kids . We are good friends now and although I’m not IN love with him, still I will always love him . He gave me the most precious gift and I’m not talking about kids when I say that. I’m talking about being a good father. It sucks though and I’m sorry you couldn’t be together but I understand too. God bless !

My mother and father have a good friendship they both remarried.
My mom and his wife talk very nicely
Get a long very well

Just help my (ex step) daughter throw a party in my yard for her dad my ex husband. If you can leave the anger and frustration out you will be good. Communication and compromise is key imo. It’s not always easy but it can be.

Yes yes yes!!! When I divorced my husband it was awkward and rough. But now we coparent and he’s amazing as a friend. I help him and he helps me. He has remarried and so have I. He even helped me move my furniture to my new house. It won’t be easy, but it can happen. The children will thank you someday. Because an amicable relationship is better than a bad one with fights and trash talk. You’ll get there!!!

My son’s dad and I hit a few very rough spots during pregnancy and eventually broke up, I didn’t want and was afraid he’d be an in and out dad. When my son was 2, dad decided it was time. My conditions were he doesn’t know exactly who you are until I’m sure. We’d go on vacation to dad’s state (I had moved in this time) and he would have a party with family and friends. By the time my son was 8, he figured out that my then husband wasn’t his father and wanted a relationship with him. He’s also figured out who his dad was being he looks exactly like him. From then on they saw each other between Christmas and new years and 2 weeks in the summer. My son is 23 now and has a relationship with his dad and his dad and I can talk about anything, call each other at any time day or night… Not just about our son, but about anything. It can work if both parties are willing and respectful. The new significant others also need to know this is your relationship and it’s no longer romantic.

Absolutely! My ex husband is my bff! He’s an amazing man great dad! We do our very best to give our kids all the love we can. That’s our only goal! No courts no papers no drama!

Yes it can be done. When my ex and I split up our son was 5. We never spoke badly about each other in front of our child. There were some arguments and things were awkward at first. After about a year went by and the dust had settled we communicated easily and regularly spoke to one another. We don’t talk as much now that our son is 18. We always attended our sons events together with our spouses and other children. We even spent several days together in the hospital when our son had appendicitis. It takes work, but you can do it.

It can absolutely b see done, however, it takes maturity on both levels of the parents. My daughters dad and I get along really well and have even since we split up. He cheated and is with said woman now, however, we set our differences aside for the sake of our child. He gets her every other weekend and every other week during the summer. I send him weekly texts with her grades and anytime that one of us needs to change our scheduled time, we just communicate that in advance and then if she misses time with him, then I always make sure that that time is made up for him. I cover boom registration at the beginning of the year and he buys all of her school supplies. It can be done, you just have to work at it and make sure that your child’s best interests always come first!

It can happen but it will take time. I was married 11 years to my high school sweetheart. Divorce was horrible (courts, restraining orders etc) and we were so nasty and mean to each other. Once we got over the hurt and could just focus on our diagnose, things got better for us. We’re now great friends and we lean on each other a lot. It took years but it finally happened.

My older kids father and I have had very few diagreements after our divorce. I think the one thing i always thought is it is not the kids fault our marriage ended and it is not fair to to do things that is return maybseem as punishment to the kids. He worked third shift and me first so we both got to be with the kids everyday and switched weekends and switched every other holiday. As the kids got older and after I moved out of their immediate area they moved into their dads because I didnt want then to have to switch schools because they grew up with the friends and it made sense to keep them there. Never had court dates anything. Qe got divorced online just because we could agree to everything. We are not friends but we are always there to agree on all actions the kids go through

Yes, you can! I wont lie it took us a few years to learn how to co-parent and not worry about each others business, unless it involved the kids. But now, we are good friends and get a long great!

Please protect yourself and your child by going through the court system.
My X and I got along great in the beginning, never any arguments or issues about custody/visitation or child support, weekly ‘family’ outings, celebrations for our daughter where both full families attended for over 3 years…
And then he got married and it all changed, to the point he tried to sue me for sole custody “because they had a more stable home life because there are two parents”. (Didn’t get far because I’m an awesome mom, I am a nurse with a good stable job and have a wonderful family and support system)
But the damage was done. I can no longer trust him.
We do not argue in front of our daughter, the three of us still do things together, I do not speak badly about her father to her, I encourage them to talk and spend time together. I am friendly to him when the three of us are together because it is what i want her to remember.
But the trust I felt we had is gone.
So yes, you can be friends, make your child happy and feel loved and safe… but protect yourself and your child by going through the courts. If he is an honest and honorable man you may never need it, but if not you’ll be happy you did.

Try your hardest to work it out. Believe me u will regret it. I divorce when my girls was 18 and 15. There Dad passed a few months ago. Believe me I tried my hardest to get along. And it all worked out. We had grandkids and we always celebrated together. He remarried and so did I. The girls got a bonus Mom and Dad. Now he’s going and my girls r struggling and my Grandkids and his wife. The kids should not have to choose. Work it out . Believe me when the kids grow up they will appreciate it. Good luck.