Is It Safe to Have Sex 3 Weeks Postpartum (C-Section)?

wait the 6 wks or risk PID- pelvic inflammatory infection, which can result in sterilty when untreated.

My kids are 10 months apart, this is your warning​:joy::joy:

14 Likes

Why does this sound like the husband wrote it? :joy:

1 Like

You might want to remember that we heal from the inside out. Be careful.

1 Like

You should have never had a baby in the first place. Disgusting!

Thats disgusting! I think it can wait. Wow! What a question for facebook. If you need it that bad dont you think you should ask your dr.?

Are you just young and dumb ! There are rules set in place for a Reason, IF YOU PLAY YOU WILL PAY .

1 Like

Maybe 5 weeks not 3 thats to soon

Why don’t you ask your doctor?

I waited 16 days after my vaginal birth and I was fine. I had my tubes tied and waited only 3 weeks after. Yes, I was warned by my dr to wait the whole 6 weeks, but I didnt. I was ok. Guess each person to their own.

Why would you want to?

I waited 24 days I was fine, I mean I got pregnant again but I was ok

2 Likes

I didn’t have sex until 3 months after. No way in hell !

1 Like

Don’t do it. You will regret it. They tell you 8 weeks after a c-section for a reason

1 Like

Naahhhhh…ouch. lol actually I’d check with my doctor. Everyone heals at different times

Nope don’t do it. You need to heal.

I did it earlier than that! If you feel good go for it

1 Like

Hell no I couldn’t I had stitches I was ripped from my V to my A

2 Likes

Alot of people have, but a new pregnancy might happen.

Information is great for many people! Never knew of the risk for some reason. Be wise

Don’t ask these people call your doctor

Better wait 2 months

Not worth the risk…Take a cold shower.:wink:

1 Like

I think I went like 6 months after…

I was told not to, only cuz my uterus and cervix need to go back to normal. Plus u can get infections. I would wait

1 Like

Remember you have stitches on the Inside you should wait

Wait! You will be wishing you did!

I am almost positive I did after 3 weeks

Yes I did with my second csection

That’s disgusting, not a suitable subject to be discussed on facebook

Really??? This does not belong on FB!!

6 Likes

Not judging…But I have all normal vaginal births for all my children. Never ever have I have the strength or my husband has asked me to have sex 3 weeks after giving birth. He always wants me to heal properly before we go for it again. Oh my poor husband…he always patiently wait for 3 months and we can do it again. I tell you, you should wait for your body to heal properly. Good luck.

Honestly…you could of simply asked…“is sex safely permissible this soon after a c section delivery?” Didn’t really need to know about your husbands ability to tickle your tonsils. Have some self respect. Some people have no shame.

1 Like

I don’t know can you?

Lol…these people are funny. Listen to your body. Use protection. Youll get pregnant easy. I had sex 4wks post csection. I was fine. Everyone heals differently.

You are at risk for many things to happen, pregnancy being the least of your problems (although you are pretty fertile after delivery). You May feel good on the outside but your insides need time to heal. You could rupture your uterus. Infection is also possible due to the cervix still being dilated. A “little loving” is not worth risking your life for. Please wait for the sake you and your baby.

2 Likes

HEAL UP FIRST!!! U just gave birth to another human being!!! Don’t just go by if u think u feel good cause u could have a set back… Sex can wait. It’s not that serious

1 Like

8 to 12 weeks… U don’t want to open and surgical sites… Risk of abscessing… Not worth it believe me

Dude you literally have a wound in your body the size of a basketball. Listen or you could cause major scarring to your body that won’t heal right and you’ll pay for it later.

1 Like

You can get an infection from your husband that could leave you with a uterine infection. I had one and it’s not fun and your messing with your fertility. Just wait. Have sex without having sex.

I had sex at 2 weeks pp but vaginal delivery :woman_shrugging:t2:

I did, just take it easy

What Foolishness take a shower

I did at 4 weeks and was fine. Just be careful. My son is 10 months old and I’m 9 months pregnant rn.

3 Likes

Coming from an assistant to an obgyn you are not healed. Don’t risk it. It’s not the issue for your cervix bc you had your csection it’s your incision.

3 Likes

You don’t heal that fast from a section… We waited longer than recommended… Just to insure everything was fine…

Pretty sure not waiting the recommended 6 weeks is what caused the incision in my uterus to not heal all the way ever, bleed for weeks at a time, and reoccurring infections. They call it a window? Resulted in the hysterectomy I just had last month. Honestly I regret not waiting!

1 Like

Nope that would be how I tore my stitches with my first child, we waited the second time

Looks its gonna hurt regardless now matter how long you wait. It’s your body and your husband.

I did. I can’t remember what my Dr called it but he had to do a minor procedure in his office. I do remember that when I got off the table I got really dizzy and had to wait in his office for about 1/2 hour before I could leave. This was 45 years ago.

If you want to rip your stitches and injure yourself go for it

We only waited about 3 weeks after my csection. Just take it easy

I suggest talking to your doctor! Tell her how you feel and what youd like to do

I thought the purpose of waiting six weeks was so the cervix was closed to prevent infection in the uterus but I could be wrong. With that being said, if you have a scheduled c-section and don’t go into labor, that’s not an issue but you still need to be careful of the incision. I would follow doctors orders. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ummm no not a food idea. The muscles and everything are still healing…

You don’t want to be loosey goosey. Trust me just wait.

I didnt even last 15 days. So if you do do the deed. Go very slow and easy. And yes I had stitches still on my belly and down there because they realised he was to big after I ripped and then a csection.

Girl you just pushed a whole baby out of you. Just give your dirty clam a break and wait another 3-5 weeks :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. Especially after a csection. You can do way more damage than good and your ob says wait for 6-8 before intercourse and there’s a reason for it. Just because you feel healed doesn’t mean inside is. I ripped myself open from having intercourse 2 1/2 weeks post partum. It hurts bad

You feel healed? Lol just wait the fucking 6 weeks ya horny toad. You have a wound the size of a dinner plate in your uterus, leave it heal.

1 Like

I know a girl who had sex at the hospital the day after having her baby :joy:

2 Likes

Try something other than intercourse. It maybe the closeness your missing

1 Like

I hAd sex at 4 weeks after my c section.
Whatever works for you.
Cheers!

You still have an open wound where the placenta was. That’s why they say to wait the 6 weeks. I wouldn’t. Sex is not worth infection.

Everyone is different but arent you still bleeding? I have my baby about 2 weeks ago and its still flowing …maybe the blood doesnt bother you

Its 2020. Why is this still a question.

Drs tell you to wait for a reason. Maybe try listening. They have the degree, not you. :roll_eyes:

…2 weeks the first time and 3 weeks second time :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: no issues for us at all but best advice is probably always listen to your doc. We might have just been lucky!

I had vaginal deliveries and didn’t wait the full 6 weeks. I regretted it immediately. I had relatively small babies but still tore a lot. I thought I was ready, but I waited with my next 2 kids!

Gave birth vaginally, waited the 6 weeks and where I had torn and was healing, sex was rougher where we had been without for a while and now I’m tore up from the floor up! :joy::joy::joy: Just wait.

Dont do it, you’ll regret it. Lol. Hold on for just a few more weeks, mama!:black_heart::white_heart:

2 Likes

You need to wait. It can cause permanent injury if you don’t. There’s a reason they tell you to wait.

Not safe. You could rupture internally. Just wait a while.

I would not . There is a reason you wait 6 weeks.

I had a c- section. Wait

Absolutely wait at least 6 weeks. I had 3 c-sections and even the 6 week mark can still be painful and cause a set back in your healing.

Same here with my husband and his size and with me having to c-section I waited four weeks and my children are the same age for a whole month​:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::sob::joy::sob::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::sob::joy::sob:

2 Likes

Sex is not that good to risk my life. I would definitely wait.

Listen to your doctor…a c-section is major abdominal surgery. I had two…

I wouldn’t recommend it. You will cause contractions with sex that can cause tearing. It’s best to wait until your doctor gives you the okay and then be cautious and go slowly to test if your body can handle it.

Try it and see how it feels, you can always stop

No way you may feel good on the outside, the inside of your body needs to heal

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend it. I did and then when I went for my 6 week appointment I found out I was pregnant again. :woman_facepalming:

Sure you can but you will get pregnant again

I did not wait 6 weeks ,I waited 3 weeks and I was fine ,I know people that did not wait 6 weeks and they are okay, I will trust my body .