Is it tacky to have more than one bay shower?

Hi… so I have a question. I know that after having a child it’s considered “Tacky” (to some people, not everyone) to have another baby shower… but I want a feeling on this. My husband and I have gotten rid of all our baby related items after our 6month old tragically passed. Everything gone. We couldn’t bare to look at it.Now we find ourselves pregnant and due within the next few months. My parents want to throw us a shower because we don’t have anything.My in laws are on the older side and think it’s extremely tacky and in bad taste to have another one.We are now torn because we don’t know what to do? Should we skip a shower? My sister-in-law said if people do it a second time around it’s called a “sprinkle” but she could completely understand why we would have another baby showe

184 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it tacky to have more than one bay shower?

No it’s not tacky please do it! Celebrate this beautiful baby!

5 Likes

Every baby deserves to be celebrated! I had a baby shower for all 3 of my babies.

3 Likes

I feel like y’all should have one and if the in laws think it’s tacky they don’t have to come :woman_shrugging:t4:. Idk how long it’s been since your child passed (sorry for your loss) but I don’t think anyone would expect you to have hung on to their items. Best wishes and congrats!

6 Likes

No! Have a baby shower. Do a registry.

3 Likes

You have that shower and celebrate a new life!

2 Likes

Of course not… definitely have another one!

3 Likes

There is nothing wrong with having another baby shower. Sorry to hear about your 6 month old :disappointed:

7 Likes

Yes have a shower mom!!I had 2 ; for each child.

1 Like

Do the shower, celebrate yourself & your husband and that new baby coming you all deserve that!

1 Like

Do it. You need it in more than one way.

Not tacky, definitely have another. If someone thinks it’s tacky, they weed themselves out and don’t need to be there. Go ahead and celebrate this baby :sparkling_heart:

:heart: Yes u should have a baby shower!!!
:star_struck::heart_eyes: It’s usually fun for everyone!!!
Everyone that comes anyway :heart:
If they don’t show up and don’t send a gift, then it wasn’t ok in their mind… Oh well.

1 Like

Every life deserves to be celebrated

5 Likes

Have the shower. They can stay home if they don’t wanna go!

2 Likes

I know people who’ve had showers for every kid they’ve had. Enjoy your shower!

Your in-laws are inconsiderate c*nts.

1 Like

No. We celebrate each of our babies. If people don’t want to participate that’s their choice but we will still do it. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Have the Baby Shower! Each baby & birth deserves to be celebrated!

1 Like

If they don’t wanna come then they don’t have too :woman_shrugging: every baby is a precious gift and deserves to be celebrated :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Usually I would say it is tacky. But not in this circumstance I think it would be ok. Call it a sprinkle if you want but still do a registry

1 Like

No have a baby shower in our family we have a shower each time for a new baby it don’t matter if you bud 2 or it’s your 1 we alway have a baby shower to shower the new baby and the parents

Celebrate!! Those that choose can celebrate too!

No. Have a shower, or do an Amazon registry (covid was fairly new)…that’s what we did. I have an 11yr old and he has an 19yr old so we started over and had nothing lol Congratulations though!

Do it! Heck with what ANYONE says. Your baby, your life, your rules. I’m so very sorry about the loss of your first :two_hearts: my condolences. But yess mama do it, you and your hubby deserve all the attention and everything a shower comes with. Good luck! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

In your case no, I do not think it’s tacky at all, after enduring such a loss you and your husband deserve all the well wishes and happiness you can get! God Bless :blue_heart::cupid:

2 Likes

Every pregnancy deserves to be celebrated

Do it
It’s not like your having your 10th kid and asking for handouts! This is for you and your family

I think the idea is usually that you should still have stuff from the first baby so you don’t need a shower for any other kids you have. But you didn’t keep any of the stuff so I don’t see an issue. :woman_shrugging: Celebrate that baby !

Have another baby shower. I had one for all 3 of my kids. It’s a celebration of the baby that’s coming.

Tell your in-laws to suck it! Screw the naysayers… this is your and your husband’s baby, not theirs! Do what makes you happy and never apologize for it! Congratulations Momma! <3

Who cares what your in laws say have that baby shower. Enjoy it

Have a baby celebration after the birth

Not at all tacky. Most people have them fir every child they have. Celebrate thst child.

It is not tacky!!! Yall lost a baby and I am so sorry… do a shower and have that feeling of being loved by all… I had a 2nd one but my kids are also 13 yrs apart. Well wish babe :purple_heart:

Sorry for your loss. Celebrate this baby and have the shower.

1 Like

Girl you do it and call it whatever you want and if anyone says anything to you otherwise tell them your sister friend on the internet told them to shut the fuck up :kissing_heart:
P.s. I’m soo sorry for your loss … I know your heart aches some days so the fact you took what others thought into consideration at this point shows how big your heart is… and congratulations on your rainbow :rainbow: baby!

Not Tacky at all. Definitely have another shower. Congratulations and much happiness :tada::tada::tada::tada::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

You have that shower and don’t pay attention to jerks

Have the shower. Who ever doesn’t want to participate doesn’t have to.

I believe the tacky comes In when ppl have baby’s close together & do large showers each time. My friends have had large showers if babies are 3 years apart (or more) otherwise they usually do a “baby sprinkle”.

Life should always be celebrated.

Doesn’t every baby get a baby shower?
Screw everyone else’s thoughts do it.

1 Like

Have the shower! All babies need that celebration :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had 2… My 2 kids were 5 1/2 years apart. I decided my oldest was my only and got rid of her stuff only a few short months before my surprise baby :rofl:

Anyone can have a second one. If some think it’s tacky, they don’t have to join(but that’s also tacky)

Celebrate anything and everything in life :heart:

Every baby deserves to be celebrated. Tell your in-laws to go sit on a cactus and twist while in the McDonald’s drive thru getting a cup of McShut the McFuck up. This is your decision solely, they don’t like it then oh well.

Have a baby shower! I would.

Due to your tragedy… you get another shower. Time to celebrate. These are all family and friends, so they know what happened. Please, let them celebrate with you.

2 Likes

It’s not your in-laws child :woman_shrugging:t3: I say do what you want for YOUR child

1 Like

I never understood that rule. Each baby should be celebrated an receive gifts. I had one for all 3 of mine.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss, absolutely ok to have another shower! Celebrate your :rainbow:

I think your baby is totally worth celebrating. Especially after a loss like that.

Celebrate that bby mama

I don’t think it’s tacky at all! My first son is 3. We got rid of everything accept some clothes, the crib, and a few other things. My parents are throwing us a shower for our second son because they feel every baby should be celebrated. My mother in law I guess doesn’t agree cause she hasn’t really tried to be involved even through my mom has asked her multiple times. You win some and you lose some. But I think you should have a shower! Screw what people think.:black_heart:

Most people have them for every pregnancy.
Screw your in-laws, tell them they ain’t invited!
Why wouldn’t they want to celebrate something like this?!
Massive congratulations to you both :baby: :heart:

1 Like

this is a celebration of the new baby’s life, not tacky at all

1 Like

Have another Baby Shower. A baby Shower is supposed to be about celebrating the life/joy of a new baby and supporting the Mother with family, food, baby items and as well as wishing good health.

Don’t call it a baby shower call it a celebration of new life and have a wishing well set up for people who don’t want to buy gifts.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the loss of your child. You can have as many baby showers as you want for each child you have. Have a work shower, a family shower, a friend shower, a meet the baby shower. What ever you want for however many children you are expecting with. So even if you have 10 kids, throw a shower for each pregnancy. That’s not to say the attendance won’t be less with each, but you don’t have to water down or minimize your expectant celebrations.

1 Like

Have the baby shower :heart:

Have the shower and celebrate your little one!!

I had a sprinkle and a lot of people showed and I personally think having another baby shower is not tacky at all. You may not get all of the fancier things like you did your first pregnancy but it’s still a celebration. :confetti_ball:

Fuck them have another! Congratulations celebrate your baby and family!

No it’s not.
Where I’m from, every baby gets a baby shower. First baby or 7th baby, all get a shower.
I’ve had 3 showers for 3 babies.
Here the showers are thrown by family and friends. The parents rarely have anything to do with them. My 3rd shower was a surprise and my biggest one.

By all means, have another baby shower.
If ppl want to be uppity, don’t invite them and leave them off of the birth announcement lists. :black_heart:

I have 4 children. People threw me a baby shower for 3 out of 4 of them. I don’t think it’s tacky at all. Do what you think is best. Sorry about your loss.

Nah. F&*k what they say. U have that baby shower :purple_heart:

You should definitely have one!
Especially with your circumstances.
I had a second baby shower and just called it a “baby sprinkle” since I still had things left over from the first baby, but still needed clothes and diapers and things like that.
No matter what you call it, celebrate that baby cause it’s extra special for you guys❤️

1 Like

Sorry for your loss❤️
Have a shower! A sprinkle in my opinion is for when you have kids back to back, I mean you can reuse a lot of the stuff already and you don’t want the baby to go unnoticed. All baby’s should be celebrated.

Do what is best for you! I personally believe EVERY pregnancy deserves to be celebrated as it is another life you are bringing into your family. And if family is telling you anything other than being supportive…they are the tacky ones

3 Likes

I think your in laws should mind their business. This baby deserves an enormous celebration :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Have you a baby shower!!!

Have that shower. After all you and your husband have been through with the loss of a child, it’s the least of what you deserve

4 Likes

Every baby deserves to be celebrated , especially after a tragedy . I say have one ! I’d have had one for each of my boys , but I was always in the hospital and could barely move or walk without having to be checked out !

2 Likes

I have had 4 children all with a baby shower. They just became more non traditional and more party (families, not just women)

I had one for all three my kids. Do what you want those that think it’s tacky don’t need to come. So sorry about your loss . It’s also very understandable as to why you would have gotten rid of previous stuff. Please have the shower. Every baby deserves to be celebrated.

1 Like

Ill support each of my friends and families babys at a baby shower. Each are just as special as the last. I just wouldnt ask for like cribs and big stuff. More so clothes and diapers.

Also , so sorry for your loss :heart: sending so much love and positivity your way !

Every single child deserves to be celebrated! If people don’t like it don’t invite them💁🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Sorry for your loss…

I have 3 kids and had a baby shower for all 3.

Do what you want. Shame on your in laws.

I wouldn’t want to associate with anyone who thinks celebrating a baby is tacky. Attending a baby shower isn’t required. Let them stay home and be lame while you be happy and celebrate your baby :heart:

I had a shower for ALL 9 of my kids. Each child is different plus I always do a special donation pot luck once the baby hits a year old so my group of friends can use what they need. I tell everyone to bring used items to my shower because kids grow way to fast lol :joy: the only thing we used new diapers, bottles for pumped milk, pacifiers, car seat and stuff like that

1 Like

You absolutely should have one

So sorry Mama :disappointed_relieved: you do you. I feel with the circumstance people would have no issue, think it’s tacky, and would gladly shower you with love and everything you need for new baby. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I would say in this circumstance it is not tacky or greedy… you had an extreme tragedy… you now have a new joy to celebrate, and do to the situation do not have the items one might normally have kept if there were plans to have another child. You should absolutely celebrate this child and you are in need of things to make her comfortable…
Also, I know people who have baby showers and get gifts for every child…

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Have your shower let the naysayers stay home.

2 Likes

I had one for my daughter and one for my son I’m due with in October honestly forget what people say and do what makes you happy people will either support you or not

1 Like

If someone wants to throw you a party and if people want to attend I don’t see the issue? Are you concerned that some people will think poorly of you? Do those peoples opinions really matter?

1 Like

So unbelievably sorry for your loss. There are no words to offer you. However, absolutely have another shower! Who cares if you’ve had a shower before? Each child deserves their own things bought for them and to celebrate their birth.
After everything you’ve been through, you, your husband, and your blessing deserves this.

2 Likes

Do it. My sister has 2 kids, a girl and a boy. She used a lot of her daughters things for her son but she still had a “sprinkle” for her son. Which she received diapers and boys clothes. I don’t think there’s anything tacky about it! Babies are expensive! And it takes an army to raise a family! So invite your army, and the ones that love you and support the idea will show up or at the very least get you a box of diapers. Dont worry about what others think.

I am so sorry about your loss, and I can completely see why you and your husband got rid of everything. Everything will be okay mama, hugs. :heart:

1 Like

Do it. My sister has 2 kids, a girl and a boy. She used a lot of her daughters things for her son but she still had a “sprinkle” for her son. Which she received diapers and boys clothes. I don’t think there’s anything tacky about it! Babies are expensive! And it takes an army to raise a family! So invite your army, and the ones that love you and support the idea will show up or at the very least get you a box of diapers. Dont worry about what others think.

I am so sorry about your loss, and I can completely see why you and your husband got rid of everything. Everything will be okay mama, hugs. :heart:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss…you absolutely deserve a baby shower :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Every baby deserves their own baby shower! Specially meant to celebrate solely them. I’ve never heard of anyone calling it tacky. Shower that baby!!! :two_hearts:

1 Like

I had one for both of my daughter’s children. I went all out for both. When my grandchildren look back on the pictures, I want them to see that each one of them mattered as much as the first. :heart:

1 Like

I think you should have a shower

1 Like

I’d say do it. It’s a celebration and the baby every baby deserves that!

1 Like

You do you. Baby showers are fun, great friends and family gatherings. Why wouldn’t you want one? I see nothing tacky about it. It’s a celebration!! We all need that!

1 Like

Tell them kiss it and have another baby shower! You deserve to be showered mama!!! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Who cares what other people think. Celebrate that baby!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. Most people save the big things from one child to the next, but it is completely understandable why you didn’t. So I think you should have a shower.

It’s definitely not tacky if your baby passed and you don’t have anything left. You can have a full shower. People will obviously understand…don’t let nobody take away from you celebrating your baby

2 Likes

Have one and just don’t invite them :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like