Is it tacky to have more than one bay shower?

Sorry for your loss. Yes! Let them give you a shower!

2 Likes

I had second baby shower besides needing some stuff, many people couldn’t attend shower from first baby and it was more to celebrate that my little guy was becoming a big brother. He was 2 at the time and his feelings were a big concern for me cause technically he himself was still a baby

Have the shower and enjoy your new blessing coming soon.

2 Likes

Your circumstances are different here.
I would absolutely have the shower and disregard anyone who says it’s tacky.
Enjoy every minute.
Praying you are blessed with a healthy baby.
I’m sorry for your loss.

I think in your circumstance it’s perfectly fine

In this case yeah it is totally fine to have another!!! the only way I would think it to be “tacky” is if you had 2 for the same one baby. no different then people having them for multiple kids! I am also so incredibly sorry for your loss!

Enjoy every little bit of it. And have a beautiful shower. :heart::heart::heart:

Baby showers is to assist parents with stuff for a new baby. So no have a baby shower. Baby’s are excpensive so why cant people assist you for the first few monthes

Girl you lost your baby! Have one and don’t invite her ass.

Under those circumstances I would think a shower would be perfectly fine, and if the in-laws don’t like it they don’t have to come.

1 Like

No. It is not tacky or in bad taste at all. You have nothing for your new baby.

1 Like

Absolutely celebrate. Each baby deserves fo be celebrated. Ive never understood the issue of having a baby shower for each baby. That’s like a child only being allowed one birthday party. A baby shower is technically their first birthday party.

That ridiculous of you sister in-law and if that how she feels she doesn’t need to participate. Ppl do extra baby showers all the time one from work, one for family, one because the first was a boy and the second one a girl, sometimes ppl change it to a beers and diaper party which is also basically a baby shower. Some ppl is simple because they had a change in circumstances similar to yours and other because it was a later in life baby and they already got rid of most baby stuff. So don’t be embarrassed a new little one is always good news think of baby birthday number 0. Best of luck.

I would do it. You’re celebrating this baby. I had a son first and had a baby shower. I had a girl next and my mom threw me a sprinkle and I got just as much, just not the big stuff because obviously we already had it. And if we tossed it for whatever reason we bought. Your in laws can shove it IMO. They don’t have to come :woman_shrugging:

It’s to welcome a baby and help get what needed. Nothing easy all help needed. Just be about the joy

It’s to welcome a baby and help get what needed. Nothing easy all help needed. Just be about the joy

How insensitive of anyone telling you not to. My deepest condolences and you have yourself a shower!

Do a sip and see once the baby is born. Those that support you and attend will not only be able to help you with gifts but see the precious one that will be using them.

Have your shower! You and your baby deserve it!!!

Yes have one. So sorry for your lost.

Celebrate as big as you want!!!

Have another shower and enjoy!! Congrats

Have the shower! Fuck your inlaws opinions.

Of course you should have another shower…and it is totaly understandable why the 2 of you got rid of the first baby items from shower number 1…i personally think it would be very closed minded and selfish for anyone to judge you for a second baby shower…it is perfectly fine and this new baby you have been blessed with should be celebrated …let the nay sayers fall to the side…enjoy this celebration that is most definatly in order…thank god and much love…im very happy for you…plan the shower and please keep us all posted…we want pics…lots of lics of the shower and when the day comes…pics of baby…have a blessed day…oh yea…and congratulations momma

2 Likes

First I just want to say I’m so sorry for your loss. Second, it’s definitely not tacky. I believe all babies deserve to be celebrated and anyone who may disagree doesn’t have to come. You need stuff for your baby, let your parents throw you a shower.

1 Like

I think it’s tacky when people have baby showers when they have kids close in age. But I think your circumstance you absolutely should have another shower

I think parents that have baby showers when there kids are 10 years and up apart are able to as well

Have the shower and those judging just leave them off invite list.

1 Like

Considering your circumstances it’s far from tacky! Have your shower, enjoy the day and if anyone has anything negative to say about it then they should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

You deserve another baby shower! In fact, I would LOVE to send you a gift! Are you registered anywhere?!

1 Like

Have one I know people who has several

1 Like

Its not tacky have the baby shower

My family threw on for my 3rd child. Why is it tacky? I don’t get where celebrating life is a bad thing. Have the shower and enjoy it! Baby showers is a celebration of life. I never knew you could only ever have one. Only being able to celebrate the first child in my mind is the sad tacky part. All babies should be celebrated!

3 Likes

Definitely have another one. This baby deserves to be celebrated. My friend gave me one for my second child because there was 5 years difference with my first one.

1 Like

In your case it is completely and totally acceptable sweetie. May your baby angel rest in peace.

1 Like

I had a second shower and we called it a baby sprinkle! Only small gifts like clothes or books or toys.

Celebrate how, when & where you choose to. Who gives a flying fart what ‘they’ say :balloon::tada::dancer:

1 Like

Idc if you have 10 babies, I’d have a shower for each of them! They all deserve to be celebrated.

1 Like

Don’t invite them. Just do your side. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I was raised that each child gets a shower. It’s for the baby. Not you. Every gift is used for baby. That’s why is a BABY Shower. Not a Parent Shower. Plus you have nothing. That alone is a reason to do it. May God bless you and this precious baby.
Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Send out invitations. Let each person decide. Don’t let your in-laws dictate what you do. If they get away with it once, it will never end. It’s not up to them.
Why do people feel the need to be so shitty? I completely understand getting rid of the stuff from your previous child. That’s devastating and having constant reminders had to be difficult but now it’s all about the new baby.

Have the shower screw the In-laws.
People who don’t want to come won’t and the ones that do will ( the ones that matter )

You invite friends to a baby shower, am sure your friends would love to celebrate with you. I am so very sorry for your loss

In this situation how could anyone deny you a fresh start and shower? If you don’t feel like that is what you want to do --how about a welcome baby party where you invite people over when the baby is a few weeks if you ok?

2 Likes

Who cares what other people think or say on the matter? If you want a baby shower… have a baby shower! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Under your circumstances, most people would want to give you another shower.

“Tacky”? Not one bit. I find the in-law’s response to be entirely insensitive. Celebrate the baby and allow others to celebrate with you! It isn’t just about stuff. It’s about you too, mama. Your family deserves this! Have the baby shower and call it whatever you want, that whole “spinkle” thing is not applicable in your case. You need a full blown Baby Shower.

1 Like

Girl have your baby shower. Anyone who knows you and your situation and gives a damn about you shouldn’t care that it’s your second.

It’s a whole other child tho. It’s not like you’re having 2 showers for the same baby. Your in laws sound like jerks. I say have the shower. Those who matter will show up.

1 Like

You do what you want! Celebrate that baby coming and invite anyone you want. Anyone that matters will understand and be supportive.

So sorry for your loss! I couldn’t imagine! Have the baby shower hun! Every single baby should be celebrated! Those who don’t like it don’t have to participate! Usually a “ sprinkle” I’d for those who have babies close in age or same gender. I had my kids 7 years apart both girls and if our next one is a girl I’ll have a “sprinkle” if it’s a boy though I’ll have a shower! Enjoy your pregnancy and all the things that go with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: big hugs momma

2 Likes

Ummm it’s TACKY to try and tell someone who lost their child that its not okay to have a baby shower

Have the shower (I had one for both my kids) and don’t invite his parents since they don’t think you should have it anyway

Then watch them throw a fit about not being invited to a party they told you was distasteful to have in the first place :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

I say have a shower for yourselves and the people who chose to participate and celebrate.
For those who find it tacky, or have issue with it… they don’t need to attend.
If this is in question, because of gifts. That too is a choice. People chose if they gift or not, and what they gift.

PS- based on a more personal opinion… I feel all babies deserve to be celebrated. (Each baby is a blessing and a reason to celebrate.)

3 Likes

For sure have another one ! In our family we celebrate every new baby with a shower. Actually we are doing a virtual shower for my niece who is out of state. We are sending her our gifts then will watch her open them on zoom and it’s her third baby :heart:

2 Likes

And I’m sending all the good thoughts and vibes to your growing family. I hope for nothing but the best for your family

1 Like

I don’t think it’s tacky at all!!! Especially after a loss like that. Have that baby shower!

1 Like

You deserve a fresh start. I’d of gotten rid of it all too in your shoes out of depression. Include in the invite maybe gifts arent a must so then those that can’t think outside of the box don’t feel pressured?

1 Like

My cousin has had 6 kids and after the first she had sprinkles. It’s a way for people to celebrate the new baby. If they chose to get you something that’s on them, but not expected. Some people do see it as tacky or whatever, some don’t. You’ll never be able to please everyone. And I’m sorry but your situation is a bit unique also. Of course you got rid of everything. And it went to other babes that needed it! I would honestly have another shower/sprinkle/celebrate baby party. This pregnancy, while a blessing, has to be hard at the same time. Why not celebrate with friends and family? If people would like to bring baby a gift, great! If they just want to celebrate and show support, great!

2 Likes

I’ve heard of and know of people who have a baby shower everytime they get pregnant. One person was having their 10th child. I vote let them throw a shower for you guys and enjoy every second of it.

1 Like

You deserve to be pampered or sprinkled. Your guests are there to honor you and welcome the new baby. No reason not to have a celebration

3 Likes

Screw that. Do what u want… Have ur baby shower and don’t invite the negative Nancy’s. It’s not their baby. Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had one for both of my kiddos. And if anyone knows your situation they would be understanding and wouldn’t think twice about having another shower.

2 Likes

Absolutely not

EVERY BABY DESERVES TO BE CELEBRATED ALL THE SAME
have that baby shower and enjoy the shit out of it mama :relieved: :two_hearts:
Your family went through a loss
How dare those people tell you :triumph: not to celebrate a huge blessing for you and your husband

Bless :heart: how heartless to call you tacky after what you have both been through… You do you, don’t worry about what they think!

3 Likes

I would have a shower for my third baby bc we got rid of everything before then. But it was early Covid so not happening :joy: it’s not tacky if you want it. If people think it’s tacky, they can stay home :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

My kids are 11 years apart… by the time I got pregnant with my daughter. Completely unplanned… I had nothing baby related… my sister had a second shower for me. And not one person thought it was tacky…

1 Like

Do it! Not tacky at all. I had a baby shower with my 4th because my two were 8 and 10. I had NO baby stuff (I remarried and this was our baby). Especially after the loss of a baby, there is no reason to not have a baby shower. Don’t let them ruin this time of celebration. It’s bittersweet as it is without their crappy opinion.

1 Like

New baby New shower time for celebration

Every child deserves to be celebrated.
And you and your husband deserve a fresh start at parenthood.
If someone doesn’t agree, they don’t have to go?

If it makes you happy and they love you then they should be there and support the fact you want to have one.

3 Likes

I’m having my second only after about 2ish almost 3 years! I definitely don’t think it’s tacky to have another baby shower. It’s for different babies… You should definitely have another one :slightly_smiling_face: forget what anyone thinks. Celebrating life is beautiful

1 Like

One time is sufficient.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss, I would have a baby shower…

Yo do what makes u guys happy they can jump on board or not ! Not your problem it’s theirs if they have one!!

Have the shower. Enjoy every second of it.

You definitely should have another shower! Especially since you got rid of all of your baby items which is totally understandable! If your inlaws say otherwise, they don’t need an invite!

1 Like

I think every baby should be showered with gifts.

3 Likes

I didn’t do a sprinkle party for my second and I kind of regret it. I didn’t need anything but I just think about how sad it was that we celebrated our first baby and not our second.

1 Like

I personally don’t care if people have 10 baby showers! But I think even most people who don’t like it would understand why you would do it. It’s a different situation. I say go for it!

1 Like

You do what YOU want. I would have another baby shower. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Whattttt. Have a shower for every baby! I have never heard of a shower per baby being tacky. Forget your inlaws. Lol

2 Likes

Not tacky at all :heart:

I have a friend that has had 3 sprinkles :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for your unimaginable loss, I lost my first son at 3 months old so I know your pain. Have that shower!

3 Likes

Go ahead and have one celebrate the new baby.

That I know of you have baby showers anytime you are pregnant never heard that you can’t have more the one .

1 Like

Every child deserves to be celebrated. Some people have several showers for 1 child.

3 Likes

I have four kids and I had 7 “baby showers”. 3 with my first (his family, my family, then my friends threw me one) 1with my second, and two with my third (coworkers threw me a surprise shower at work, and then I had a diaper party) With my fourth I went all out and had a huge baby shower since it was my first girl. If they think it’s tacky they don’t have to come :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

Every baby should be celebrated in some way.

2 Likes

Baby showers celebrate the baby. Each baby deserves a celebration that’s all their own. Absolutely not tacky at all.

4 Likes

We had them for all 3 of my kids, I never planned them so I didn’t even know they were happening, with my first we had 2 because there was too many people that wanted to come for 1 shower at my nanas house! It was about 50 people per shower! I don’t think I bought diapers until my son was over 1 :rofl:

1 Like

Each and every baby should be celebrated not just the first one if they think it’s so tacky maybe they shouldn’t come :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Considering your situation and what happened no your not tacky at all. I’m same w you on the baby shower thing. Old school One and done but this is a beautiful exception I think lol

I thought a “sprinkle” was when your baby is the same gender and you already have everything you need. If you don’t have anything then have a baby shower!

1 Like

Girly do it !!! You and your baby deserve this !

2 Likes

For me it depend on how many kids you have and how close they are in age. However with your situation it makes complete 1000% sense

2 Likes

Have as many as you would like! So sorry for what you’ve been through. No matter in what anyone else think you can have as many showers as you’d like I had 1 from work people and one with family and friends. It’s a matter of what you want

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss. You should have that shower, every baby should be celebrated.

2 Likes

Since your first one passed and you got rid if everything I personally don’t see anything wrong with having another.

3 Likes

If I was your friend or family, I would ABSOLUTELY want to throw you a shower.
You SHOULD celebrate this “new beginning”!
Much love, hugs and good wishes to you and your growing family.:sparkling_heart::pray:

1 Like

I had a baby shower with all 3 of my kids… why should this baby not have one? Not tacky at all.

3 Likes

Have your baby shower momma.

2 Likes

Have your baby shower :two_hearts:
Don’t listen to what others say.
Congratulations
:balloon::tada::footprints::blue_heart::heart:

1 Like

Ive had full on baby showers for all three of my kids. Every baby deserves to be celebrated and i was always taught its a sprinkle if its done after the baby is already born as a way to sprinkle the new edition with love :heart:

1 Like

Every baby should be celebrated! Have the shower!