Is it true they can detect marijuana in an unborn baby?

What a stupid question and ignorant people that think it’s okay. If it does something for you and you have to do it, what do you think it does for your baby! Just my opinion!

2 Likes

Oh wow why would you be wondering that?

2 Likes

You’re kidding right?

Yes they can and nothing leaves the baby system until it. Poops.

You need to stop at at least 20 weeks! I know this from experience. Smoked with both my babies and there both healthy and happy. No judgement needed. Kept me from getting sick and helped me eat! Don’t stress mama. I mean if you do have to deal with cps just cooperate! They send in the umbilical cord to get tested!

Thc will not hurt the baby and unless they suspect anything they don’t test ( depends on hospital ) one of my very good friends smoked during her pregnancies because of morning sickness throughout the nine months, nothing worked , the doctor told her not to get blowed but take a couple hits 30 minutes before meals ! She lost 20 lbs in her first trimester, it was the only thing that allowed her to eat and keep it down and prevented her from being admitted from nutrient loss and dehydration!!

8 Likes

I smoked up until I was 8 months pregnant with my son cuz I couldn’t hold anything down at all for the entire day for those 8 months not even water which I drank a ton of also both him and my drug test they give u after the baby is born came out clean and 1 week after I came home from having a c section I had child services at my door and the case worker told me if ur gonna smoke than have a responsible person watching ur son

They are starting to test babies. They test the babies umbilical cord. It can show back to when you were about 6 weeks along.
If they test positive you will have to do classes.

No you shouldn’t smoke whilst you are pregnant but some woman find that it helps them to eat and sleep dure in pregnancy and helps with the pain of the body changing… May I add sugar coffee and alcohol are all drugs and cause deaths every year but use wouldent come at the girl for that would you? The science in marjuana is alot further along than they would like you to believe! Also the thc and cbd are compounds that are already in your body being medicated only ups them levels!

Back when i had my daughter at 21 I was a weed smoker before I got pregnant with her. My period at the time was all messed up and I was suffering from ovarian cysts and I think that had to do with my cycles being all messed up and unpredictable! Point being I didn’t think anything of it when I missed a period as i was dating my boyfriend too so we were using protection and being careful. So I did smoke the first 2 months I was pregnant when I found out i quit. But I came here to tell my experience at the hospital and with THC in your system because at almost 9 months my lower back pain was through the roof; I had to leave my cashier job 4 weeks early for maternity leave because my boss wouldn’t allow me to sit down at the register. Well my boyfriend was a smoker and he brought home a few weed brownies from someone at his job and I was in so much pain I decided to eat the brownie. I didn’t end up enjoying to buzz though and it made the baby move around a lot and I got paranoid thinking I was going into labor early. Anyway I ended up having her a week early; and I had tested positive for THC so they wanted to test my daughters urine to see if it was in her system. They put a damn catheter in my brand new baby girl and put it in wrong so it was in her for almost 18 hours before they realized it wasn’t in right (which is why the urine wasn’t going into the bag) irritated to this day over that. Anyway my daughters test came back negative it wasn’t in her system. They still called CSB on me though for the THC, wasn’t a big deal I just had to test for them after 30 days of going home from hospital I had to drug test for them and since it was clean the case wasn’t ever initially opened, so I guess the complaint was thrown out/ investigation over idk lol. Oh by the way this was in 2013 def a stricter time where they still called CSB most the time for any illegal substance including weed… with it being legalized especially medically I don’t see Why the hospital would report it.Sorry about the
Book lol

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it true they can detect marijuana in an unborn baby? - Mamas Uncut

Not trying to be rude but if your so worried about and no its wrong why smoke

16 Likes

Just stop smoking :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

They are gonna test you while pregnant regardless and if you have any drugs in your system you will have a cps case whether you and baby test clean or not when you give birth.

8 Likes

I think it’s TRUE. They do a heel prock at hospital to test baby. I dont know how long it’s in babies system though, I’ve never been in that situation but in ohio they actually tell you at 1st appointment that they are drug testing you and they drug test at last appointment and delivery and test baby for all drugs upon delivery.

2 Likes

Here in indiana they test the umbilical cord and they do test for marijuana if it is in the babys system they call cps

3 Likes

They tested my daughters pee when she was born because at 5 weeks into my unexpected pregnancy I tested positive. She and I were both clean at birth and I remain clean. If you test positive in the beginning they continue you test you during and after you give birth.

I have my 2 grandsons for that reason, my preemie grandson had pot in his poop. Dfcs was notified, so here we are. They don’t play and neither should you.

It depends what state and what hospital.

Why would you even ask!? You know you’re not supposed to drink or smoke while pregnant. It’s common sense! I really hope you’re asking on behalf of a someone else because noone can be that dense

14 Likes

I worked for CPS, and the answer is, they test you at every obgyn appointment. They will report it to hospital staff. If you and/or your baby test positive when baby is born, it will be reported to CPS. I don’t know what state you’re in, so I can’t advise what will happen from there

4 Likes

Honestly the CPS visit wont even be that horrible if it happens. They’re more concerned with more harmful drugs. They’ll visit your home, make sure its a safe environment for baby, and tell you if you’re going to continue using, make sure you have a sober person present to help with baby.

Those people who are judgey, maybe mom isnt smoking during pregnancy. You can use topicals and still come up with thc in your system, while not getting “high” at the same time. Cannabis helps with insomnia, morning sickness and appetite, as well as emotional/mental issues. There have not been enough studies to deem Cannabis as harmful, however CPS still has to do their job.

Why would you be doing that while pregnant???

8 Likes

It can take less than 30 days but it depends on how much you smoke and other factors. I know someone that took 1-2 hits off a joint a week before her kid was born and it didn’t show up in either of their systems.

I know in MO they test the meconium. The baby’s first poop :poop:. I was Clean and sober wren I was pregnant with my son, so it was no problem for me but I do know a girl who smoked bud her whole pregnancy. It was a hard pregnancy, I guess. She tested positive for it and so did her baby. Cps did a house check to make sure baby was taken care of and the case was shut. But Marijuana was the only thing in her system. This was almost 12 years ago. And that baby is a wonderful little girl now :slightly_smiling_face:

My dr told me it stays in the umbilical cord for three days. I smoked a week before labor and tested negative. Don’t let these rude comments tell you to quit. You have a reason. I needed it for me to eat. Stay strong mama

Yes they test the babies and if they test positive, they will remove them from your care immediately.

3 Likes

Do you know that smoking while pregnant cuts off oxygen to the babies brain. Why is it even worth it to do that while pregnant?

5 Likes

If it’s medicated and you can prove it, it shouldn’t affect you, however, it depends in your state. I do CBD, my doc knows, if I were to be pregnant I’d have my doc work with me. I do need it.

Marijuana is considered alternative medicine and covered by some insurance companies. I think things are a helluva lot different for women on Medicaid though.

5 Likes

Ugh I hope they do detect it. You shouldn’t be doing that shit while pregnant. It’s so bad for your baby. Edit: I’ve included reasons below.

8 Likes

I know people that smoked their whole pregnancies. They didn’t take their babies :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

I smoked with all 4 of my kids and the doctors were aware and I never have had cps in my life.

God people… just answer her question. I’m sure she wasn’t looking for an lecture. I’m pretty sure it stays in their system as long as it stays in yours so prob a little over 30 days

5 Likes

Neve heard of this not in Australia

2 Likes

Why would you be smoking pot while you are pregnant?

1 Like

Stepping out on a limb and I will not respond to negativity here ….yr in the USA only country known in the world to still use old school old medical presumptions like this ….THC /CBD therapy is legally in use for a myriad of medical issues in vitro and on …in many many countries it’s a real shame things have not moved faster in the USA and other spots there have never been studies that have concluded and never will prove it harms a baby during gestation …or from a myriad of other old wives tales…. look to medical and scientific research specifically Charlottes Web thc strain etc etc used for a very young child’s multiple epilepsy condition ….and millions of others testimonials ….I’m really sad to see this line of conversation dodging the system for something that was and still is historically medicine …prohibited …and now it’s being legalized again everywhere …:thinking:funny thing about that hmmm? Hope you guys catch up quick we know Virginia just legalized!

13 Likes

Yes the test the babies, they do call CPS but I don’t think it is an automatic removal of custody or anything.

They will take the baby…happened to a coworker

1 Like

Why would you even smoke that rubbish while pregnant anyway

5 Likes

Blood cord samples can detect back to 9 weeks pregnant depending on the amount of use. Meconium detects last 3 months in utero. I don’t know of any State that removes for only THC, but will result in CPS assessment to ensure safety. Stop smoking :slightly_smiling_face: Congratulations on baby . Stay positive and be honest with the Social Workers.

Even if a cps case is opened, they will not take your baby. This happened to a close friend of mine and they just did random wellness checks and retested her to make sure it was out of her system. They won’t take your baby for pot. Don’t let these negative nancies shame you.

9 Likes

Your all judgemental fuckers. The poster never mentioned smoking. It’s not a drug, it’s a medicine and there are many ways to Injest it. She might be drinking it for sickness, eating it for pain, using it as a balm for pain. Etc etc etc.
Y’all jumped the gun. Smoke a doob and chill out y’all

36 Likes

They definitely don’t here in Canada, even babies that withdrall from methadone go home with their mamas

2 Likes

Depends on your state California doesn’t care

1 Like

They actually take blood from Umbilical cord and it shows everything that has been in the Baby system that the second trimester and they will call CPS

3 Likes

Ask your doctor :woman_shrugging:

Why worry about it when you know it’s not right

3 Likes

Yes but…
You do not have to allow testing. Depends on many factors, especially #1 is there reason to test, like already in trouble for actions etc.

5 Likes

I smoked my entire pregnancy… they didnt take my baby. I’m in Oklahoma. I actually didnt have any problems

THC levels stay in muscle tissue for more like 6 months

Just for the record here there are more ways to benefit from Cannabis other than smoking it :tipping_hand_woman:

2 Likes

how about NOT. smoking/eating anything of such while pregnant…

9 Likes

They didn’t test my son hes now 4. I smoked with him my whole pregnancy and it’s ironic he’s very very intelligent at age 4

1. Marijuana can be detected within 24 days

2. Why is a pregnant woman smoking marijuana?

3 Likes

It depends on the state that you live in. In my state weed is illegal. We do not even have medical marijuana. You need to research the state that you live in. Here, they take the babys first poop and test it for everything and yes in my state they will take a baby for thc. I have no clue how long it would take to get out of a baby’s system. Maybe google search. So for me, in my state, smoking a blunt while pregnant is definitely not worth it.

My joy and happiness has been so much so I just want to testify of what Dr Victoria has done for me . All hope was gone; I didn’t believe when a friend told me Dr Victoria can help me get my ex husband back and she really did. I just want to thank her so much for helping me in my situation she is a great spell caster. I believe she can help anybody with relationship problems . You can contact ([email protected] or WhatsApp +2349020104952) Thanks Dr Victoria

I smoked with my children, I came out positive and my children didn’t and no cps wasn’t called and my children weren’t taken from me!! There all healthy and we’ll behaved!! It helps with the nausea and vomiting!! When you can’t hold anything down Marijuana works with that!!!:v::v::v:

Vanessa Accardi Beliz. Yea but not all thc has to do with smokeing i have a friend that found out she had cancer then a month later she found out was pregnant she had to still take a low dose of chemo but instead of taken pain meds cause her whole body hurt she had breast cancer she took rso or gummies or eatables she never smoked but the dr told her it was safer to take thc then be on strong pain meds an the rhc helped with the nauseous an helped her eat so the thc was safer then all the other meds she would have to take if she wasnt pregnant i quite everything when i was pregnant an no i dont think you should just take thc while your pregnant but in some cases i dont see anything wrong with it i had to continue my pain meds tabs 7.5 while i was pregnant cause my blood pressure would get so high due to me being in pain an the dr said my high blood pressure would harm my daughter more then pain meds but if i had a option to take thc like rso or edibles instead of my pain meds i would of but i didnt have that option back then an they kept a close eye on me cause i was taken pain meds even thoe they said it wasnt as dangerous as it would of been to my baby with high blood pressure their was still risk taken pain meds while pregnant but thc is more safer then the pain meds

Yes. Just tell them that you smoked before you knew you were pregnant and they can’t prove any different as long as you test negative for the last 30 days

1 Like

I smokes during my pregnancy and my child is healthy and smart. I smoked during breast feeding as well. How ever. I did cut down alot. I didn’t smoke everyday and I didn’t smoke alot. I was 14 weeks pregnant before I found out I was pregnant. I smoke for medical reasons not to just get high tho

Have you ever watched a baby go through withdrawals from drugs maybe check it out sometime it’s very sad, I worked on a maternity ward

Without medical marijuana I wouldn’t be able to move due to thyroid diseases. Gummies and the pain balm. It’s a gift that doesn’t leave you addicted to anything, but feeling better.

5 Likes

You should be fine… They got worse things to deal with. If anything a join has a halo and angel wings compared to other scenarios they deal with…

3 Likes

This can also come from the father too, any drugs he took before conception can affect the foetus

3 Likes

They will test babies urine immediately if they cannot get sufficient sample they will do a heal prick … most states will allow a certain level of THC

Yes… if mom is smoking or ingesting marijuana the baby will be positive.

Being in the same room inhaling it can give you a reading also dont necessarily have to be smoking it.also stays in your body fat for ages and also will show up in a hair sample, just try and stay away from it.it dies linger in system for 6 plus weeks

I guess the question is this. Is it worth the risk, any risk to the baby? Is it worth potentially having a CPS case or your child taken away? The act of smoking during pregnancy impairs oxygen to the baby. Slows necessary growth and development. It seems like your focus is not getting caught when the focus needs to be how do I stop until I safely deliver my child.

It takes 6months atleast to completely get it out of your system. Even if your body doesn’t show the presence of marijuana, your hair follicle may show its presence

2 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it true they can detect marijuana in an unborn baby? - Mamas Uncut

I stopped smoking at 6 months they found it in my son poop but his pee was clean and se was mine

They know right away doing blood on baby

1 Like

This is wrong on so many levels….

26 Likes

I lived in a legal state and smoked.up.till about six months. I consented to fecal test and had been open with my ob about using cannabis. I had a C-section and my first morning home two social workers showed up on my doorstep insisted on coming in, told me I had to let them into the restroom while I urinated in front of them(into a cup). they humiliated me embarrassed me and then left never to be heard from again leaving me wondering for the next 3 months if they were going to show back up and take my children for smoking pot

• Keep your negative comments to yourself. Pregnant women all over the world use cannabis.
41 Likes

Depends where you live if you get tested … if they care… many factors

I mean just stop smoking weed bro

26 Likes

This shouldn’t even be a problem if you pregnant

15 Likes

So you’re not worried about your babies health, only worried about getting caught? Yikes!

35 Likes

That is just terrible. Someone take that baby. You shouldn’t be drinking or Doing drugs while pregnant period
Do what you want to yourself but as soon as you decided to keep and have the baby then all those things should’ve stopped. This is disgusting.

48 Likes

I’d give it at least two months. If you are a chronic smoker/user it can take a long time.

3 Likes

They tested my first born at the hospital but I smoked the whole time. Breast feeding lady said I would have sleepy baby if I decided to nurse and still smoke. A nurse did stop by to make sure my home was clean and I had everything for baby. Nothing ever came of it. My second I didn’t smoke at all because it didn’t help my symptoms just made it worse

2 Likes

Orrr you could stop for a few months :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

22 Likes

Why would you use this when your growing a new life , is your new life not more important than anything

22 Likes

Either partner can contribute to child growing up with Learning disability from marijuana use. Research

20 Likes

How quick I opened the comment section.

48 Likes

Absolutely if it’s in your blood it’s in the baby

3 Likes

My cord blood was sent off to be tested. They said it goes back 20 weeks.

6 Likes

I for one think if your not here to answer the question then your rude comments are not needed. How do you know 1. She’s in a state where it’s legal 2. It’s better for her health weather physical or mental health. 3. Why it’s your business.

I don’t know where you live but where I live they do not test unless they have a reason too. Past drug history/ new drug history things like that.

First poop in an infant will show all drug use from 14-16 weeks to birth in my state Marijuana showing up will get u get arrested for chemical endangerment of a minor and they take ur baby some won’t even leave with them from the hospital

My doctor told me studies showed smarter babies with parents who smoked

19 Likes

Wanna get cps in your business? This is how

20 Likes

they only tested my baby’s urine because i told them i was high when i came in :joy: i only really smoked carts when i was pregnant, but i was an active meth junkie before i got pregnant and quit that cold turkey and always communicated with my doctor about what i consumed and how much.

5 Likes

All these judgemental ass people in the comments. Marijuana is medicine and some women use it for nausea, that was the only way I was able to sleep and keep food down during my first pregnancy and she came out 9 pounds 12 ounces perfectly healthy, second pregnancy it caused panic attacks so I quit. Still no ones place to judge because they don’t know your situation. I quit smoking for the last 3 months of pregnancy to be safe. Also, those of you judging aren’t doctors I’m sure and if you look into it there actually hasn’t been much research done on pregnant women and smoking marijuana because most researchers won’t do experimental testing on pregnant women, but the research done doesn’t show any harmful effects to the baby in comparison to non smoking mothers. I know plenty of women who smoked during pregnancy and their babies came out fine and healthy.

A baby can be born addicted to it. And can have serious withdrawal from it. Its disgusting for anyone to even think about smoking it. And for the ones who think they are all clued up on it, and Cannabis isn’t addictive, please go to your local Neo Natal unit and ask them about new borns and drug withdrawal to CannabisThat will show you how not addictive it is to a new born.

29 Likes

The judgemental mommas on here are so gross. I know many use it for their mental health. I would rather a mentally healthy momma than a dead momma. A lot of drs prescribe prescription pills to pregnant mothers, I’m sure folks are just fine with that.

28 Likes

also my baby tested negative, i was literally high my entire labor

3 Likes

It got judgey REAL quick in here.

I knew what I was going to see before I even opened up comments.

We’re shaming now? What’s done is done, she’s just asking for knowledge or for someone else’s experience.

What if she has Fibro or some chronically painful condition that she smokes for in a state where it’s not legal yet?

Would you rather her pump potentially harmful pain meds into her child?

14 Likes

It will stay in the baby system I adopted a baby and that’s how we found out about all the drugs that was in the baby system from her using

5 Likes