Is it true you get more sick when you are pregnant with a boy?

The best I can tell you is everyone’s pregnancy is their own. Symptoms are never the same for everyone. I have two boys and one girl and I didn’t have any sickness at all really until I was pregnant with my youngest son

Sick non stop with both my girls.

I was was sicker with my girl, barely had any issues with my boy. My girl is my second though so maybe its a second child thing :thinking: haha

I’m expecting a boy and had ZERO morning sickness or nausea during my first trimester

I was equally horribly sick with both of my kids… 1 boy and 1 girl

I was more sick with my daughter

I only really had morning sickness with my first boy. I’m now pregnant with my 3rd boy and barely had any nausea with this one or the second. With my first it was so bad I ended up dehydrated and in the hospital at 8 weeks. Every pregnancy really is different.

No its not I was more sick with my girls

Sick with my little boy daughter no sickness at all

I only have one child who is a boy but I was SO sick all the way up until bout 7 months!

I have 3 girls and I never had morning sickness with any of them.

Well I had a boy and was suuuuper sick. I’m also pregnant with my next boy and haven’t been sick at all except for one day the other day and I’m 26 weeks. Every pregnancy is different there’s no way in telling.

I was more sick with my boy who was 2nd(I had a girl 1st and 3rd). But I was also diagnosed with crohns disease shortly after having him.

I have two girls and was sick both times I’m pregnant with a boy now and had to be hospitalized for hyperemesis gravidarum… I had it with all my pregnancies but It was really bad this time around

Old wives tales were the most annoying thing i heard while pregnant. :roll_eyes::unamused:

I always heard with girls your more sick… Just like girls drain their mothers beauty for themselves

1 Like

I had 3 boys, looked and felt amazing, had a great appetite! My daughter…looked and felt like crap all 9 months, couldn’t eat and puked all the time. Constant dull headache until i popped her out, headache was gone!

5 Likes

I have 3 sons & one daughter. I was deathly sick with my daughter from the start. Nothing with the boys. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

I had some nausea for a few weeks early on then nothing after that with my son.
I don’t think you can tell. Every pregnancy is different. My mum has had only girls and was really sick for one and nothing at all with another

My daughter made me sicker than ever …my son barely anything

I’ve had 3 boys. My first pregnancy i was sick the entire time, second halfway, and third not at all. So honestly i just think each pregnancy is different lol.

2 boys 0 girls

1st pregnancy 0 morning sickness

2nd pregnancy morning sickness until the end of 2nd trimester

My worst was my third which was a girl

The only one I got extremely sick was with my daughter, I couldn’t walk 2ft without vomiting bile. I was dehydrated and lost weight. With my two boys I ate everything and anything I could :yum: I did have morning sickness a few weeks but not as bad as with my daughter.

I had a boy and absolutely no sickness. I did have horrible pains with my gallbladder

With my first 2 I had morning sickness so bad I needed meds just to keep a bit of food down and water. With my 3rd I rarely got nauseous and only puked a handful of times the whole first trimester. I have 3 girls.

First was a girl, very little sickness. Second was a boy and no lie, sick in bed for the whole pregnancy.

3 boys, no sickness with the first, had it more or less all the way through with my 2nd but mainly mornings, 3rd little bit but not loads lol

Nope and don’t assume you are having a boy just because your pregnancy is different. I have all same sex kids and all were such different pregnancies and one of them I was never sick and the other I was so sick I had to go to hospital as I couldn’t keep anything down.

I thought it was the opposite. I have all boys and I wasn’t sick at all.

This is my first baby ever. Still haven’t had him yet but close. But I’ve had some pretty bad sickness from the beginning from my son…

I had surten foods I couldn’t eat with my son. With my daughter I was nauseous almost all the time, but had no food aversions to anything I normally ate.

I was sick all 9 months with all of my pregnancies. I have all girls

I had crazy morning sickness with my daughter. I didn’t even show with my son till I was almost 6 months…

My first I was sick all the time threw up 3 times a day at least he was a boy then it got easyer

I only got sick with my daughter couldn’t eat for until I was 7 months :grimacing: with my son I had no complications it was like I wasn’t even pregnant except for the fact of how big I got :joy::joy:

I heard that morning sickness can worsen with each pregnancy

I have 4 boys and 1 girl I had morning sickness with all my boys and 1 of them landed me in the hospital a few times due to dehydration my girl I had some mild nausea here and there but that was it

I was only sick with both of my girls and with my son I was mainly tired just didn’t like the smell of raw seafood! Currently I am pregnant with a baby boy and no Morning sickness at all with him either which I’m very thankful for so I think it just all depends on the person

I was always sick with my boys and the only time I got sick with my daughter was when I got food poisoning

I was more sick with my girls my son I never got sick

I was only sick with my girl I had 2 boys previously

I was deathly sick with my first pregnancy. I threw up everyday even at the hospital when I was having my c-section. It was a boy.

I haven’t had much nausea at all with my pregnancy right now & it’s a girl. Sometimes certain smells throw me off but it’s been a breeze with a girl.

It honestly just depends on the person

I was way more sick with my daughter than my son. With my son i would sometimes forget i was pregnant early on because i didnt have the belly yet and had no symptoms at all

I was the opposite. I was horribly sick the entire pregnancy with my daughter. It was only the first trimester with my son and not nearly as bad. I’m currently pregnant with #3 and have had pretty much no sickness this entire pregnancy. Don’t know what it is yet. We find out in 10 days.

With my son honestly I was grand nothing at all happened except I got some acne and his foot was in my ribs! I am preggo with a girl now and anything and everything she is putting me through! I swear I feel like I’m going to die before I even birth her!! :sweat_smile::rofl::woman_facepalming: really wishing she was a boy at this point and so ready for her to just get out of my body! :rofl: but i got a few weeks left to go! Lol

3 boys… not a moment of morning sickness… but every person and every pregnancy is different.

1 Like

Have 2 boys and 1 girl never had any morning sickness what so ever

I wasn’t sick at all with my oldest, who is a boy. My youngest I was sick days after conception and it got so bad. I had 24 hour sickness for about 6 months and it was also a boy.

3 boys only had sickness with one :joy:

I was always told you get more sick with girls than boys. With my daughter, I was so sick from start to finish I didn’t think it’d ever end. I’m 19 weeks with my son now and this pregnancy has been amazing. A little nausea the first few weeks and maybe about 10 times of throwing up and that’s it.
But it’s just a coincidence and I don’t believe in the old wives tales at all lol.

3 Likes

I was severally sick with both pregnancy’s , the 2nd one sick right up until birth … they were both girls , it depends on the person hun not the gender of babes xo

My daughter’s were relatively easier, but last daughter kept trying to come early and that when I started get super sick.

I only felt nauseous in my first trimester with my son

I got more sick with my girl.

Didn’t but two times with Asher lol Bailey I was sicker than a fucking dog

Nope. I thought I’d die with my boy and girl…sometimes I’d camp out in front of the toilet bc I knew as soon as I moved to go to bed I’d have to just vomit again

I have 2 boys and 3 girls and have NEVER had morning sickness.

I never got sick with either of my boys

No science to back up whether gender has anything to do with how sick you are. Every pregnancy is different so you may be sick one time and not the next.

1 Like

I way threw up a lot with my girl, but I felt constantly nauseated with my boy. Not sure which is better. :joy:

I had a boy. I threw up all day every day from week 2 or so (I didnt find out I was pregnant until I was 9 weeks and I had been sick daily for at least 5 or 6 weeks by then and had been to the ER twice due to being so sick, but I was told at 19 that I had a very small chance I could ever get pregnant and I was on birth control so pregnancy never crossed my mind and I was never tested) until the day before I went in to have him. :woman_shrugging: He’s my only one tho so I have nothing to compare it to.

I’ve had a girl and a boy and I wasn’t sick with either. I got nausea with my girl, but that’s it.
Pregnant with my 3rd and I haven’t stopped being sick (14 weeks) it’s different for every person and every pregnancy. But I’ve heard more commonly girls cause more morning sickness for people.

I only have a girl. No morning sickness, horrible heartburn. She had lots of hair at birth.

Not for me. No morning sickness with my first two boys, moderate sickness with my third and I was a pukey, nauseous mess with my daughter.

I wasn’t sick with my boy at all but all my pregnancies were completely different

I was always throwing up with my son but my daughter I wasn’t to bad x

For me, I felt great with boy, sick all the time with both my girls during first trimester !

I dont think the gender has any direct toll on morning sickness. I had severe morning sickness with my 2 oldest children, boy and girl, but had none with my youngest, who is a boy as well. Just like they tell you if you baby has a head full of hair, you will have heartburn… which I have also found to be untrue because my oldest came out bald and I had severe heartburn; where as my daughter and youngest son had a head full of hair but I had no heartburn with them.

Way more nauseous with my daughter then my son

I heard the opposite that girls were worse, but everyone is different no matter what gender. I have an almost 2 year old son, and morning sickness started week 7 and lasted until week 15 wasn’t TOO bad. Definitely wasn’t fun. I mainly felt nauseous didn’t get sick very often. I’m currently pregnant with my second son. And I’m 32 weeks morning sickness with him started like week 6, and lasted until 16-17 weeks. It was terrible. Had to get fluids once for being dehydrated, I was getting sick like once a day everyday :roll_eyes: it was bad. Now, not even a hint of it. Hoping it stays that way. But congratulations mama and good luck!

Every pregnancy is different. You can have no sickness, partial sickness or having morning sickness throughout whole pregnancy. It doesn’t matter the gender.

I got really, really sick with my third pregnancy and I ended up with boy/girl twins. :joy:

I have had two boys 7 years between them I didnt want another baby after the first because I was so sick. I was also severely sick from start to finish with my second boy too. Think it all depends on your body xxx

I never had any morning sickness with my son.

I had a lady tell me years ago when I was pregnant with my son that she knew I would have a boy because your not as pretty when pregnant with a boy

I was way sicker with my girl than my boy.

I literally never got sick with my girl. With my boy i stayed sick the entire pregnancy. It was aweful.

Never had morning sickness and I was pregnant with twins boys.

Bad morning sickness with both my girls

When I was pregnant for my son I was so nauseous I didn’t want to eat or throwing up for 25 weeks. When I was pregnant for my b/g twins I got sick 1x.

I have four boys and each pregnancy was different. From easy peasy to non stop vomiting n sciatica.

I have one boy and two girls and I definitely got more sick with my girls than with my boy. By far. With my second girl, I stayed sick that whole pregnancy.

I was sick with all my kids. Doesn’t matter the gender.

I was only really sick with my 1st. That was 24/7 my entire pregnancy. 2,3 & 4 I may have only gotten sick once or twice with each of them. First 3 were boys and last was a girl.

Light morning sickness with my son, terrible morning sickness with my daughter

1 Like

I’ve had 5 boys and never once had morning sickness or anything my youngest is the only one that certain foods made me feel sick but never made me get sick

I had no sickness on my first daughter. Second horrendous sickness for 30 weeks but again a girl x

I always heard you are sicker with girls

1 Like

I was so sick with both my girls and hardly sick at all with my son!

1 Like

I was sick all the time with my first son, barely at all with my second.

I have 3 boys. With my first 2 it was pretty easy, maybe once or twice a day for only 3 months.
My 3rd was horrible. I couldn’t even stand up without getting nauseous. Like 8 times a day at least, until the last month.
I really don’t think gender has an effect on it. Especially since I always heard it was worse with girls but now people say it’s worse with boys.
People really don’t know so they just speculate.

Depends on the person also and every person is different. But I had hyperemesis gravadarium

I havent been sick at all with mine, and I’m 5 months.

I have 3 girls and was miserable with all for several months. My mom had 4 girls and never once had morning sickness. My friend had a boy and girl and was sick with the boy, a little w the girl. Think everyone is just different.

I was so sick all 3 times. 2 girls 1 boy.

2 girls and 1 boy and horribly sick with all 3 :face_vomiting:

I about died with both girls. So sick last time I passes out and lost a tooth. Good luck sweets

I had a boy and was sick everyday for 7 months even during labor till he was born . Then no more morning sickness

Ive heard the opposite. Girls make u sicker. At least it was for me.