Is it weird for a breastfed baby to breastfeed on their sitter?

People have done that for years and years, and I think it’s still common in other countries.

2 Likes

As long as you feel it’s ok I don’t see a problem! Be happy she is willing pretty cool

I would never let anyone else breastfeed my baby. I don’t know their health, what they put in their body, etc. I also think that’s a bond I wouldn’t want my child to form with anyone else, spiritually.

But I don’t care if others do it or not. None of my business.

13 Likes

Very common practice historically throughout the world.
As long as she is healthy and not taking anything harmful, I would be HONORED, someone would be willing to breastfeed my child.
When I was breastfeeding, I never breastfed another infant but I did donate my milk and would have been a wet nurse if asked.

9 Likes

before formula was around, that’s what people did to save their babies. someone else breastfeed the baby

2 Likes

Try dr brown bottles if you haven’t yet

1 Like

Some breastfed babies never take a bottle. My daughter didn’t, she screamed for 8+ hours a day while I was working until we just decided to give her solids while I was at work and I would nurse her at night and over my days off. If you’re both okay with it then I would let her feed your baby. That’s an incredibly selfless act on her part, taking milk intended for her child and offering it to yours.

1 Like

Not weird at all. My oldest didn’t take a bottle until 7 months old. We tried every brand and finally decided to try the 99cent bottles from Walmart and she loved them! My son loved tommee tippee!

Not weird at all. Wet nurses have been around forever. If you would feel more comfortable, there are nipple shields that she could use.

4 Likes

Not weird at all! It’s incredibly sweet of her too! So long as you know she doesn’t have any harmful intakes and she’s healthy I would go for it. I would rather know my child is happily drinking off a willing volunteer than worrying if she’s fighting the bottle the whole day while I’m at work. Ultimately you do what you are comfortable with and what’s best for your baby. It’s natural to not want to share that bond as well.

3 Likes

l Get paid over $123 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18420 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarWorth800.pages.dev/

1 Like

It’s perfectly fine for another to breastfeed your baby as long as you are ok with that person doing so. There are however specific bottles out there that mimic the breast so just start shopping for bottles for breastfeeding babies and you should be able to find them. Many don’t realize during this time of formula shortage many have started using breast milk from breastfeeding moms who have an over abundance of milk to help keep their babies fed. So it is ok for someone else to breast feed your baby. Just take a deep breath and let the worry go and look for the bottles specifically for breastfeeding babies. You should be able to find one that works if your not ok with the sitter breastfeeding your baby.

It’s totally normal!!! There used to be wet nurses ages ago.

2 Likes

For me, absofuckinglutely weird. Nope. Not happening

3 Likes

Not weird, as long as she is healthy and responsible, go for it. Fed is best.

3 Likes

If you’re both comfortable, go for it. I personally think it’s wonderful!

3 Likes

That’s kind of her. My biggest concern would be your baby bonding with her like she/he should be with you.

Well honestly if you don’t want the wet nurse then the baby will take a bottle when they are hungry and mad enough, might seem like they won’t but my supply dried up and it took probably 4 days for my baby to take the bottle and finally get a good full belly

If she’s healthy and you trust her, there’s no problem.

2 Likes

i think it’s amazing to have that option!

5 Likes

Not weird at all, there used to be women who were paid to do this back in the day if a mother didn’t produce enough milk. Called them wet nurses.

5 Likes

As long as baby doesn’t get so used to sitter feeding the baby and then doesn’t do as well as with you anymore. Baby will be with sitter for few hours a day bonding and nursing so that would be my only concern with this. There are different bottles to try to get something that baby will take.

I had this problem for months and the advent natural bottles were the only one he finally would/will take. If i try any others he spits them right out

It can be difficult to get baby back to breast once you start bottle feeding. Not impossible and some babies don’t care which they get to feed. I’d take her up on it if you don’t want to risk having to bottle feed consistently

2 Likes

That’s very sweet of her to offer. I would absolutely take her up on the offer but maybe pay her more or offer to give her some milk you can pump.

3 Likes

Hell I’ve breastfeed ,at the time,my sister in-law baby son.as well as my own.nothings wrong with it.real mother’s know there’s nothing wrong with this.

4 Likes

If the baby is hungry it will take a bottle. My kids both wanted nothing to do with it…… try having someone else give the bottle, if not feel blessed she offered. Good luck

Me personally i would not. You dont know if someone uses marijuana or smokes cigarettes or has HEP C or anything. Im sure youve done a back ground check as shes going to be watching your baby but im just speaking from what would be my personal concerns.

3 Likes

So as long as you can reassure she doesn’t take any medications your child may have an allergy to… let her do it sis. Okay

2 Likes

So my daughter never liked bottles but I bought a Boon Nursh bottle for her to try and it was the first bottle she ever liked and drank from. Maybe you could give it a try and see how it goes

In other countries and way back In the day… this was very normal

1 Like

I have done this for a baby I watched. Not weird at all! If you look back in history they had wet nurses. As long as you trust her and are both ok with it go for it!

1 Like

It would depend on how well I knew the sitter :woman_shrugging:. What’s her diet like… caffeine intake… all that. I used mimijumi with my breastfed babies.

3 Likes

I think that would be amazing!!!

So with me it depended. Like I had a friend who was going to watch my daughter that breastfed and she asked me if my daughter ran out of milk if she could nurse her or if she could use her milk to feed her if I ran late or anything. I was fine with her. I was going to use her donor milk when we were in the hospital and stressed and wasn’t rly producing much at first. I was also fine with my cousin nursing my daughter if she had to bc my cousin didn’t pump. I know both their diets and medical history’s. So I was fine. Anyone else I wasn’t ok with.

When I had my daughter I actually over produced. So we froze a lot of milk bc she nursed and what was left I’d pump and freeze. Another friend of mine had a baby 3 wks before me and her milk made her daughter sick. They told her to do formula and she was devastated. So I offered her the milk I was freezing. It was enough to have some on hand for my daughter and enough to feed hers. We were close friends and she asked me some questions. I was honest about everything I was on medication wise and my diet. She tried my milk and her baby did fine. I fed her daughter for 3 months until I moved. She would pick up the frozen milk every week unless she ran out sooner. She’d call me and ask if she could grab what I had frozen. The day I moved she had a freezer full to last her a few weeks to adjust to formula or find a new donor.

It is not weird at all, it is called wet nursing and is as old as time. How lucky you found someone willing to nurse your child!! I wish I had that when my kids were small!

Try multiple different bottles. Most babies are particular. But worst case, you have someone who can help get you by until the baby gets used to a bottle. As long as shes clean its not crazy and used to be very common. You can give her a blanket or shirt with your scent on it and have that by the baby when shes feeding as well.

My auntie Breast fed my sister once because there was no formula. I feel like if babies hungry then yes, it’s okay

Having a wet nurse was a big thing in history. Not everyone’s body works right and they didn’t have formula. Do Whatever it takes to get food in your baby .

2 Likes

Avent brand bottles worked for ours when he wasn’t able to breastfeed while I was at work.

1 Like

It may sound strange but she is a very very good human to even offer that to you call your Dr if you’re nervous he’ll know what to tell ya good luck!!

2 Likes

During WWII my mom and my aunt lived together. Both had babies the same age. Hungry babies fed from whoever was available . Usually both babies at one sitting. My cousin and I grew up very close and still are at age 80.

1 Like

It’s not weird, it’s completely normal in other countries and back in the old days… hence the term wet nurse…

2 Likes

It used to be perfectly acceptable. Wet Nurses

3 Likes

Weird. That’s a no from me. Medela calma bottle nipples are close to nursing

1 Like

It’s not unnatural. She would be like a wet nurse. Fed is best.

If you’re uncomfortable with it though, I would suggest hitting WalMart and buying several different types of bottles to see if you can get baby to take any of them.

I don’t think it’s weird, I used to let my friend breastfeed my firstborn because I couldn’t produce enough milk.

1 Like

lansinoh bottles only worked for my baby.

Wait what… Someone else actually breast feeding your child?

nope. absolutely not lol. ba y will learn to take the bottle.

I honestly wouldn’t recommend having her nurse your son. Nipple confusion is a real thing and I would hate for him to reject you.
Do you have someone else to offer him bottles? My youngest was nursed exclusively for the first 3 months and wouldn’t take a bottle from me because of my breasts being right there.
I would recommend having another family member or friend offering him a bottle. It may take a couple of tries, but he will get it

1 Like

Its called wet nursing.

5 Likes

I dont think it’s weird at least baby is getting what it needs. There use to be nursing nannies a long time ago. Maybe try different bottles if it weird you out that much.

1 Like

It’s called a wet nurse and it’s how all babies got fed when mom couldn’t be there back in the day. It hard times even grandmother’s would start producing again just to help feed the babies so its not new.

5 Likes

At first I thought it was weird and was going to say so, but then reading a few of the comments about wet nurses, it makes a lot of sense. History is packed full of stories of wet nurses, so I since changed my mind and I actually think it’s an awesome idea

2 Likes

It depends on what YOU feel comfortable with. If you trust your sitter, know that she has no diseases that are transferred via breastmilk, know your sitters diet, etc then that is your choice. I would recommend switching nipples/bottles to fit the closest to what yours are like. Do you have the smallest size nipple? Will baby take them for anyone else besides you?

2 Likes

Some NICU babies get donors breast milk

1 Like

Now a days I would NEVER let my baby breastfeed from another woman. It’s 100% a hard no. You have no idea what that women does in her spare time and what could affect your baby. Also that is YOUR bonding time with your baby, don’t let someone else take that away. I’m not even sure why this was ever ok with women to be honest. I would never, ever. Your views can be different but it’s a hard no for me.

1 Like

I think its 100% ok. Everyone makes it out to be taboo when really its something that has been happening for many generations. If you know for sure that shes drug/alcohol free and free from disease I say go for it. It takes a village to raise a child. Our children’s needs especially to be fed should come before our ego.

4 Likes

Wet nurses have been super common for centuries. I don’t think it’s weird. Just know that the babysitter doesn’t do drugs or have any certain stds and stuff.

3 Likes

My son did both breast and bottle. I used tommee tippee. The Dr warned me not to do both as a newborn because he might not latch but never had any issues

I got my girlfriend back with the help of Dr Achio, if your trying to get your ex lover back contact Dr Achio
Here
:point_down::point_down:
Dr. A Achio

I think it’s a personal preference. But deffs get a solid back ground check, even blood results nay be a good idea for infection. I would probably only be okay with my sisters if it was a need be, but that’s it.

In certain situations I’m all for it but just for a random person to do it and there’s no dire need I think it’s a bit odd. Try getting someone else to feed baby with a bottle.

Like someone else said, it’d be a hard no from me…don’t know what that woman does on her spare time or eats and it could negatively affect your baby. Try a bottle

If you trust her and she’s not weirded out by it, I don’t think it’s weird.