Is it wrong of me to ask my husband not to come home on his lunch break?

Is it wrong for me to ask my husband not to come home every day for lunch. We have the same lunch hour and some days I just want to turn up the music and relax , clean. . When he comes home he eats and just looks at his phone. I work two jobs, so some days that hr is all I have to myself. Is it wrong to ask for even a day a week.

155 Likes

Why canā€™t you do that when heā€™s there? Just pretend youā€™re alone and blast your musicšŸ˜‚ Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more than one room in the house he can go play on his phone in.

7 Likes

Im sorry but what lol. What does him sitting on his phone affect your peace of mind ?

22 Likes

Yeah itā€™s for sure rude

6 Likes

Your a one sided person wow

5 Likes

Thatā€™s his home too. So yes, youā€™re essientially telling him hes not welcome in his home.

19 Likes

If it really bothers you then just talk to him and explain how you feel

1 Like

We all know what she CANT do naughty naughty

9 Likes

My hubby gets butt hurt and still shows up Iā€™m like ughhhh.

2 Likes

Put ear buds in and go about your business then? Itā€™s pretty rude to ask him not to come home and eat lunch.

8 Likes

Idk if he just looks at his phone canā€™t you go about your business and do what you want. Also do you work at home cause you could stay at work or in your car instead. I never really understood why people go home on their lunches unless they work literally next store but I mean he does live there so itā€™s kind of not nice.

2 Likes

Uh yeah. He lives there too.

2 Likes

Think heā€™s entitled to go home when he wants if thatā€™s his home tooā€¦ He might not like you being there?:joy: works both ways hahahahaha.

Why wouldnā€™t you want them to come home and have dinner with you?:confused:

7 Likes

Are you seriously asking this? How rude and disrespectful to your partner. It is his home too

13 Likes

Thatā€™s kinda of selfish ā€¦maybe

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not why a marriage is. You donā€™t get to pick and choose when itā€™s convenient. Yes, itā€™s wrong

3 Likes

Yes. Yes youā€™re wrong.

2 Likes

I kinda get it cuz when Iā€™m cleaning and my man is just sitting there looking at his phone it bugs the crap outta me, but maybe he can sit somewhere you donā€™t gotta look at him lol everyone deserves a lunch break they enjoy and if he wants to sit on his phone and relax in his house he should probably be able to but if you wanna clean and not be annoyed and thatā€™s what makes you happy during your break maybe you guys can find a middle ground ?

1 Like

If heā€™s just eating and on his phone its not like heā€™s disturbing you. If you need alone time sit in your car and listen to music. Its his home too.

You donā€™t say if he works two jobs or lots of hours too. Itā€™s unfortunate that you work two jobs and arenā€™t interested in spending an hour a day around your husband. I suspect you may need to evaluate that.

8 Likes

Yeah itā€™s wrong. Thatā€™s his home too. If you want to have personal play time, just say that. :rofl:

5 Likes

Shocked that all of these comments are calling the OP selfish, rude, etcā€¦ ITā€™S NOT WRONG TO ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT.

5 Likes

Umm itā€™s his house too. Iā€™d be pissed if someone said that to me

5 Likes

Nope, do what you want to

Itā€™s his house & you are going to ask him not too come home yah fucking right

You canā€™t come here now. This is MY lunch break :joy::joy::joy:šŸ¤¦

2 Likes

Well, you probably wonā€™t have to worry about it soon since heā€™ll most likely divorce you. Thatā€™s his home, he has every right to eat there on his break too.

13 Likes

Something definitely sounds fishy hear :rofl:

2 Likes

Uh yeah itā€™s his house also.

1 Like

Itā€™s his house too. If youā€™re bothered by itā€¦ then put in headphones and do your thing. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Seriously?? That is his home too. You sound so rude, disrespectful and selfish.

1 Like

Sitting, eating, and playing on the phone, does not sound like it would be in the way of your cleaning, relaxing, or listening to music.
Thatā€™s probably just how he wants to relax on his lunch hour, itā€™s his house too.
Would it be ok for him to say that your music was distracting him from playing on his phone on his lunch hour? No.

3 Likes

Ya not a great idea lol. Itā€™s his house toā€¦

1 Like

Maybe switch your break? That is way you donā€™t actually have to ask him. I get wanting your own time

Yes your way out of line that is his home too

2 Likes

Can you change your lunch time hour maybe? Compromising is really the most important part of a marriage or relationship in my opinion. Talk with him and work something out that works for both of you.

2 Likes

I understand where your coming from but yes, your in the wrongā€¦ Itā€™s his home too he has every right to come home just like you do.

1 Like

Lol how bout you go somewhere else for lunch, or have him suggest you do that cuz he wants his hour to himself.

1 Like

Bring it up and see how he feels maybe heā€™ll understand and bring lunch with him. Maybe if you prep lunch for him he wonā€™t come home for it. Itā€™s not wrong to ask for that small amount of time for yourself. But if he doesnā€™t like the idea then you gotta respect how he feels too and get over it in my opinion.

1 Like

Itā€™s his house too. He has every right to go home for his lunch break just like you do. You are wrong for not wanting him to come home

1 Like

If he is just eating and on his phone I donā€™t understand how thatā€™s bothering youā€¦ :unamused: how about you just wear some headphones and pretend heā€™s not there at all.

6 Likes

Might as well ask for a divorce too. :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Start singing and he will leaveā€‹:joy: or mine doesā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s rude! Itā€™s his house to come home to.

3 Likes

Your not in the wrong for wanting your own time. I work from home and I COMPLETELY understand that need because being home all day with my family while working I never get that time either. Just make sure to pose it in a way that isnā€™t invalidating his needs either. Who knows maybe he feels the same way and you can coordinate one day a week apart.

3 Likes

Why dont you leave the house instead of asking him to not go eat?

3 Likes

thereā€™s nothing wrong with wanting to be alone for a lil sometimesā€¦ being cooped up day in and day out with the spouseā€¦ working same schedulesā€¦ having same lunchā€¦ etc that gets ā€œordinaryā€ its okay to want to leave some room to miss a person ā€¦ idk. my opinion. He can have lunch at his job at timesā€¦ and other times he can have lunch at his home.

16 Likes

These comments having me cracking up!! I completely UNDERSTAND! I work from home and Fridayā€™s my BF works half day. I tell him come home after my lunch hour. Sometimes we spend it together but others days I wanna just relax! Have quite! Do a workout video! BE ALONE! Thatā€™s good mental health and anyone who doesnā€™t understand doesnā€™t get enough!! Do you !!!

7 Likes

Oh FFS, just tell him to HELP you clean while heā€™s home for lunch, Problem solved

7 Likes

Wtf lol He also lives there. Whatā€™s wrong with him sitting while you do your stuff?:joy: if you donā€™t wanna see him you can go somewhere else, no?

8 Likes

It is a bit selfish that youā€™d try and dictate where he goes for his lunch break I mean he lives there too? He may enjoy being home for his break yeno? Why donā€™t you chill in another room or something

11 Likes

Why donā€™t you not come home for lunch everyday? Go hit up a park, throw your headphones in etc.
I completely understand wanting that time to yourself but it sounds like itā€™s your issue and not his.

7 Likes

One day you will wish he could come home for many reasons

7 Likes

Maybe let him have his lunch in his home 2x a week by himselfā€¦ U have 2 & 1 together???

1 Like

My husband said ā€œno, there is nothing wrong with thatā€ I wanted to get a mans perspective haha I also agree. Its totally okay to want alone time.

5 Likes

She ought be lucky husband wants to come and eat lunch with you ā€¦he can have lunch with some other woman

8 Likes

If I was your husband I would be telling you to kick rocks! Itā€™s his house too! Go in a room by yourself :roll_eyes:.

3 Likes

What I am reading is that it bugs you that your husband comes home on his breaks from work and occupies himself with things that you find irrelevant. It seems like there are some expectation you have of him, hence your frustration - why not express expectations with him and see if you both can be on the same page? See if he has frustrations/expectations as well? (Iā€™m sure he does).

I do think it would be inappropriate to ask him not to come to his own home on his lunch break. However, I do think it would be completely appropriate for you to problem solve with him to see how you can make both of your lunch breaks mutually pleasant :heart:

5 Likes

If my partner and i were both home for lunch, I can tell you what I would be doing and it isnā€™t the cleaning :joy::joy:

13 Likes

I understand your pain. Lol. I one time had a few days off for myself then my kids were out of school and all I wanted was time to myself. The idiot took days off too!! He couldnā€™t fathom why I was so upset.

2 Likes

I would sit and talk with him , the best thing for a marriage is communication :sparkling_heart: maybe you guys can come up with a plan because who knows he may feel the same way and want some alone time but is to afraid to say anything to upset you ā€¦ So talk with him and see what he says and maybe come up with a plan and one day you stay a work for lunch and he comes home and visa versa ā€¦ Just be open and honest because letting things build up isnā€™t good for either of you :sparkling_heart: I hope things work out for the both of you ā€¦ sending lots of love and positive vibes your way

Wish I could have lunch with my hubby everyday ! But I only see him on the weekends amd thats with me driving too go see him due too him working on the road . Women who bitch and moan cause they see their husbandā€™s every day really urk me ! Dang quit taking him for granted .

I mean, I get wanting alone time, but itā€™s his house, too. I donā€™t think itā€™s unfair to ask, but I donā€™t think it would be unfair of him to say no, either. If you want the alone time, itā€™s up to you to find your own space, whether that be a room in your house and just lock the door or leaving the house yourself.

3 Likes

Youā€™ll have much better luck if you just found some place else to go instead of asking him not to come home. Btw, donā€™t have kids, ever. Legally, they have to come home.:rofl:

4 Likes

I tried that lmao. He lost it and then told everyone who would listen he couldnā€™t have lunch because his wife wanted time alone and he wasnā€™t allowed to come home for lunch lol

4 Likes

Let the poor
Man come home For his lunch, heā€™s working toā€¦ imagine lol my bf comes home everyday for lunch so he can do the exact same thing yours is doing. Eat and veg out for 45 min. Jeez Louise itā€™d be world war 3 if I even suggested to him to stay at work. Men need their quiet time just as much as women and itā€™s wrong to intrude on either. But him coming to his own home to eat is not intruding :rofl:

3 Likes

Hopefully he tells you to go take your lunch somewhere else then

8 Likes

Thatā€™s sad he should be able to take his break at his house alsoā€¦ maybe schedule your lunch break for when he leaves so you get the time you need. Or you could use it as time to be together mid day.

2 Likes

So if hes just eating and looking at his phone how is that disturbing your peace?

7 Likes

So do what you want? Heā€™s on his phone. Not bothering you. Itā€™s his house too. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Leave when he shows up. He should get the hint.

Go eat in your car if you want to be alone. Or better yet dont get married. But dont tell the man he cant come to his own mf house for lunch

16 Likes

Umm Shouldnā€™t u be happy to see him lol

8 Likes

Lol duck off.

If i hear dont come home gor lunch, you bet sweet jesus i am showing up.

Inviting people over in lunch break eh? :wink::wink:

3 Likes

I dont think so. My husband used to call me everyday on his lunch break. I worked night shifts and was sleeping sometimes when he call and wake me up. I just found a sweet way to say he doesnt have to call me everyday and maybe just a couple times a week. No issues and he ended up spending more time with co workers and making new friends.

If My man told me not to come home on My lunch break Iā€™d be offendedšŸ¤Ø

8 Likes

You should be glad he wants to come home being that you are thereā€¦he could be going to another femaleā€™s house

7 Likes

Be happy he could be spening lunch at a girlfriends house

7 Likes

Ah, you probably need to find an alternative for you. I wouldnā€™t expect him to change his routine.

1 Like

Absolutely not in the wrong at all. We all deserve a little me time. Maybe compromise and give him a day home alone as well?

I would not want to feel unwelcome in my own home , would you you ? So maybe just say I need music time and crank it up dance like no one is watching. Hmm maybe he will look up from his phn .

4 Likes

:rofl: I understand alone time. But if its your only time between 2 jobs shouldnā€™t you be happy to see your significant other?

10 Likes

If he is buried in his phone why should it bother you that he is home? Unless your boyfriend is helping you clean house.

8 Likes

Then one day he will never come home again either because he died or left you !! You really should be grateful he wants to be with you. You can turn up he music, and he just might want you to dance with him !!!

9 Likes

No oneā€™s happy let him go elsewhere everyday and I am sure that would be a problem as well

Wth. ā€¦I would love for someone to ask me not to come home on my lunch break :joy::rage:

3 Likes

My husband comes home every day for his lunch and I love it. We live together, work together, literally ALWAYS together. But I donā€™t mind at all. I canā€™t get enough of him.

4 Likes

Yeah that is messed up. Heā€™s your husband and if he wants to come home and relax at home for lunch then he deserves it just as much as you. Get headphones/ear buds and blast it that way, go relax in your room by yourself, go outside and chill. If he want to come to his own home to eat and then relax and stare at his phone for that hour then he deserves it. His home too. Selfish and honestly sad. Not everyone gets that ability to be with their spouse during breaks. You can find other ways to take breaks and have your ā€œme timeā€ when he comes home.

3 Likes

If heā€™s coming home and just staring at his phone, chances are maybe heā€™d rather be doing something else on his lunch break. Maybe he does it because he thinks it makes you happy. Communicate. Nothing wrong with needing alone time.

Itā€™s both yours and his house. He is allowed to go home on his lunch break just like you do. What he does on his lunch break and what you choose to do on yours is fine. I would be upset if my partner felt this way about me.

11 Likes

Just go in different rooms?

1 Like

Thatā€™s terrible!!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok to want to be alone sometimes but if itā€™s you that wants the alone time u should go elsewhere not himā€¦

5 Likes

You will regret it when heā€™s gone.

9 Likes

Ummmā€¦ itā€™s his house too?

6 Likes

Itā€™s his house tooo so no itā€™s not ok. You can be alone somewhere else if you need to

1 Like

If I were him Iā€™d be like cool, not paying any bills either.

2 Likes

Iā€™d give just about anything for another hour with my husband every day :confused: I hope you have a change of heart.

3 Likes

I would never ask my husband to not come home for lunchā€¦ I would think it was great he wanted to Come home as apposed to being somewhere elseā€¦ Guess he could be having lunch with a girlfriend instead on the sideā€¦ I am not trying to be rudeā€¦ But it seams like you want to be doing something you donā€™t want him around forā€¦ Maybe I am not understanding fully the situationā€¦ Butā€¦ Seams rather odd to me for sure

6 Likes

Yes he has a right. To come home itā€™s his home too

2 Likes

I mean you could just not go home for lunch sometimes too? No? You could both stay at work for yalls lunch 1-2 days a week :woman_shrugging:t3: for the other to ā€œbe aloneā€ and together the one day you both go home.

1 Like