Is it wrong of me to ask my husband to be home at a certain time?

Is there anything wrong with asking your significant other to be home by 9 pm if they have been gone all day (unemployed, not at work)? Is it wrong or controlling of me to ask for him to answer my phone calls and text messages if I text him? I sit at home all day with three kids. I want to spend time with him…but he doesn’t want to be home. Then he ignores my calls and texts. He can go sit at someone else’s house ALL day and do nothing. But when it comes to home, he’s just gone. He doesn’t want to be here. He says I’m controlling when I ask that he be home by 9 pm. But he’s also on unemployment and not working. He didn’t come home till midnight last night. If I go do things with him during the day when my kids are in school, he gets mad because we can’t leave until 720 am, and I HAVE to be back home by 310pm for them to get off the bus. I don’t know what to do anymore, and I feel like I’m going crazy

184 Likes

Yeah, I’d have already kicked his sorry butt out.

25 Likes

No it’s not wrong. He has responsibilities. I’d kick him to the curve.

9 Likes

Seems like a real keeper

9 Likes

Absolutely not. He is not being a husband and father, he is being irresponsible and acting like a teenager. I would have a serious conversation about your relationship and possibly seek therapy because it sounds like you’ve become a single parent and he’s an extra child.

18 Likes

Throw the whole man away.

32 Likes

I would ask him maybe why he doesn’t want to be home? I agree he should be spending more time with family.

3 Likes

You’re pretty much a single mom, you’re doing everything on your own. You don’t really need him. He’s not even there, nor helping you with the kids. I’d get rid of him. :100: Edit; Also, it’s not controlling that you ask him to be back by 9. It’s a respect thing.

22 Likes

Throw him out already

12 Likes

I think you need to ask yourself if you really need that kind of man in your life…

13 Likes

What in the hell is he doing from before 720am - midnight and doesn’t keep in touch! HELL NO !! Move on girl there are many good men out there who would treat u right!

84 Likes

Thats just a respect thing. Especially not answering his phone.

15 Likes

help pull ur weight w ur kids house n relationship or leave us alone. id rather do it by myself instead of stressing over a man.

11 Likes

Sounds like my husband. He had a very tight schedule and I was only allotted 1 to 1.5 hours of time. Checked the call logs. He was cheating.

11 Likes

Honestly, it sounds like you’re the side chick.

21 Likes

A curfew for your spouse should never be a thing. He doesn’t respect you- period.

8 Likes

There’s obviously a lot more to this story, but really it seems he’s lost respect for your lifestyle. Maybe he isn’t interested in being in a family relationship.

2 Likes

I would already have told him since you wanna be gone so much than stay gone than I mean sounds like he doesn’t want to be there and says your controlling that’s an excuse he just using that because he doesn’t want to be there I’d change the locks and put his stuff tf outside I would not keep dealing with that kinda disrespectful crap and being with someone who doesn’t want to be home with me that says he doesn’t wanna be with you

8 Likes

Shit. People will treat you how you allow them to. Why would anyone think this behaviour is ok??? I would never act like this and would never be ok with my husband doing it. You already know the answer…

1 Like

Girl…kiss his ass goodbye. If he doesn’t wanna be home with his family, he doesn’t deserve you guys. In my opinion, he may have something else going on as well. Good luck

He sounds like a true ahole Seriously.

5 Likes

Divorce his ass. He is playing you

Sounds like he’s cheating.

11 Likes

If you have to question it. You know the answer.

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s cheating

7 Likes

Duuuuude … I have lived this. Just signed my divorce decree last week. 17 years of marriage to a “man child” narcissistic a hole that never once attended an appointment nor fathered his children. Always found other things to do that were more important. Ice fishing, chopping wood, manicuring the lawn, smoking pot, drinking, ect. Always found something more important than his responsibility as a father and husband. I wish I could say it will get better. After years of years of putting up with it, marriage counseling, being up front with my feelings and concerns and physically making myself ill with the stress of it all I finally said enough is enough. I wish you well and the power of courage and strength to get out of this as soon as you can. Sadly, he has already shown you where you and your children stand.

7 Likes

That’s not a husband, that’s an immature man child. Live your life without his input, he will either see what he is missing or take himself out of the equation. Stop wasting your time and your life stressing over his selfish acts

9 Likes

If he is unemployed he should not be gone UNLESS he is looking for jobs, which normally ends at 5pm…

11 Likes

Whew it sounds like there is more to this story! There are obvious signs of shady stuff going on and a lack of boundaries and expectations!

2 Likes

If he’s unemployed, then he has no reason to be gone all day. He should be at home doing something to contribute. Have a come to Jesus meeting and let him know that this changes or he’s gone.

4 Likes

You need to meet someone new… A REAL MAN… Sorry honey

5 Likes

Talk to him. He is your husband. he should help you with your kids especially if he’s not working. He can spend all day with other people than his family? Something is wrong with him that’s why you need to talk. I would be really upset if that is my husband and he’d be out of our lives if he does that!

2 Likes

Just get up early before him and leave the house go pamper yourself and come back when you feel like it.

13 Likes

This guy is a loser I’m sorry is he your children’s father? Even if he isn’t biologically speaking he still took on that role when y’all got married. He isn’t even working so he should be doing everything he can to support you and your family by being there for all of you every day. He has to be up to no good, cheating, drugs something’s not right there.

7 Likes

Rember your WORTH! Kick him to the curb🔥. Sounds like you’re on your own anyways. Seems like a cheating man child. …NOBODY has time to entertain that. Best of Luck👌

6 Likes

Sounds like you just need to kick him to the curb. It’s not like you aren’t raising the kids and caring for the house yourself anyways.

3 Likes

I well pray for you and the kids you have to have talk with him about helping and time with his child and with you too because it two way street not just one way street.l well pray for you guys .

1 Like

Leave. Let’s be real, it’s not like he’s contributing anything to the relationship anyway if he’s never there. Find yourself someone who actually wants to spend time with you and your kids and will treat you all right instead of like nuisances.

4 Likes

I’d ask for help. Tell him exactly how it is. Also I bet it’s hard with both of you not working and I’m just curious as to why he’s not working?

Wow, talk about a completely selfish ass!!
Not answer your call, he has children at home, what if its an emergency??
He needs to get his damn priorities straight.
A grown man with family does not need to be out all the time hanging out. On occasion everyone needs a break but not all the time.
And the double standard is completely narcissistic.
You may not be able to leave right at this moment girl but you also need to get your own stuff in line to because you should not rely on a man that could care that little about his wife and his children.

No way in hell I would be with a man who wouldn’t work. That alone is strike 1,2,&3. :no_good_woman:t2:
More less him running the roads and laying up all day. NOPE :-1:t2:
Get rid of him. SO much stress will come off your shoulders.

2 Likes

Sounds like a disrespectful teenager!! No thanks.

2 Likes

That man is using you

Put his butt out completely

Quit raising a husband . And I find nothing wrong with any of those request and why are you supporting someone unemployed I mean every where is hiring and something is better than nothing . Quit raising a man child and love has nothing to do with this nor does controlling . Love yourself and put heathy boundaries and timelines for him to get a job

5 Likes

get rid of the loser your doing it by yourself anyways !!!

1 Like

Sounds like he’s just looking for a place to go home to at night. Don’t give him that option. That’s not a family.

2 Likes

Nooooo honey .What you need him for?

1 Like

That is neither a man nor a father.

2 Likes

It sounds like he is out partying! Why should he be able to stay out of the house till even 9! Doesn’t he spend time with his children? You’re kidding me with this, right? I mean you have got to know you don’t have a marriage or husband! Move on, he obviously has! Sorry

3 Likes

Sounds like he’s cheating

3 Likes

Sounds like he needs to get a job. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

He may be depressed. Trying talking to him. There may be mental health issues. Depression due to not working etc

It’s wrong that you even have to ask.

3 Likes

What the hell is he doing all day? Leaving before 7:20 am and not coming home until midnight???

7 Likes

If you’re gonna be single, be single. If he dont wanna be there then I would tell him don’t come home at all. I get every now and then but not daily. If you want to be a family, then he needs to act like it. If not, why have the extra to worry about, cook for, clean after, etc.

5 Likes

Sounds like he needs to go back home to mummy hes obviously needs a good kick up the ass to grow up i wouldn’t put up with that id tell him he either makes time for his family or dont come home at all

Girl you need to just take care of you and them babies. You don’t need that man and it sounds like he really doesn’t want to be apart of y’alls life. I’m so sorry you’re going through this but it’s better to let go now instead of staying in it longer and getting hurt worse.

2 Likes

If he isn’t working and he is leaving early like he would be going to work and not coming back till midnight don’t u wonder what he is doing I would think he is with someone else I’f he isn’t works and your home with three kids he needs to be there spending time with his family …sounds like to me he don’t wanna be around and if he didn’t he would be gone you deserve better .

4 Likes

And like you said, he doesn’t want to be there, so don’t give him the option to drop in to shower eat and sleep just be gone again as soon as he gets up. You aren’t running a hotel.

5 Likes

You and your kids deserve better.

2 Likes

Lock his ass out next time

Have his stuff on the porch when he arrives!!

4 Likes

Throw him away. That’s not controlling at all

5 Likes

Oh, no no no…
He wouldn’t have the option coming to my home acting like that. Byeeee👋

4 Likes

Divorce his selfish ass.

Pack his shit and send him on his way

It would be a cold day in hell if I allowed that to go on. Absolutely not. That’s so disrespectful. You’re worth more then that.

8 Likes

Wait, neither of you work? How do you raise 3 kids???

2 Likes

He should definitely be home more. Not 24/7 but if he doesn’t even want to be home with his CHILDREN, what’s the point of him having this “home”?

1 Like

I’d pack his bags & give him his freedom …you’ll be happy for it xxx

5 Likes

It seems like he has a second family tbh like that’s really sketchy. I’d do investigating

4 Likes

Id ask him to leave ? I know it’s easier said then done but don’t beg for anyone! Your worth so much more and so are them baby’s ! :heartpulse::pray:t2:

1 Like

You should just do you.

2 Likes

Why aren’t you working? Why isn’t he working? You’re not being controlling. He should be helping with his kids if he isn’t working. Leave him. It will never get better. You’re basically a single mom already.
You might as well be single. Take care of your kids and eventually you’ll find someone who loves you and your kids and you won’t have to beg him to be around.

12 Likes

Oh hell no! U may as well be single going on like that!

2 Likes

Leave him… thats crap

1 Like

Sounds like you need to throw the whole dude out and start over.

8 Likes

Since he’s acting like a single man, go ahead and let him be single

8 Likes

He can go for as long as his wishes. Just not allowed back in your house.

1 Like

Thats ridiculous. He is supposed to be a parent too.

2 Likes

Your more of a woman than me to put up with it! He’s doing something he don’t want you to know about. Move on, he doesn’t deserve you!

2 Likes

When u point out the problem and it doesn’t change then it is never going too. It shows how it will be when u part ways too ive been here hed have the kids for an hour after 2 or 3 years and take them right home said that wasn’t for him.

1 Like

Kick his ass out. You’ve got enough on your plate without having to look after some inconsiderate man child.

When he is gone pack his clothes, change the locks and file for divorce…he doesn’t want to be there then make it permanent!!

3 Likes

That’s unacceptable, he’s a parent and has a family. He obviously doesn’t want the responsibility and wants to act like he is single. Tell him if he wants the single life he can have it and he can leave.

2 Likes

are u sure he’s on unemployment and not actually working for real? he may be working and lying that he’s on unemployment to not contribute his entire paycheck to the household. if i were u i’d make sure he is. otherwise he’s doing something sneaky that he doesn’t want u to find out or he simply wants out

5 Likes

My question why you even let him go in first place?!!! Lol

He’s obviously doesn’t want to be a family. He made up his mind. Do you and just take care of those kids. I see a divorce in your future and I’m so very sorry. You will find someone who would love to hang out with you and the kiddos.

Ok so was he like this before like when he was working? Or has he never worked? Reason I ask is because if he wasn’t like this before when he was working he may be struggling with that he is not providing and needs to escape otherwise he’s constantly reminded he’s not supporting you and the fam. This can really breaks a man’s ego if he’s always been like that and never had a job then he’s a loser and doesn’t want a family or be a parent it’s time for a serious sit down chat and find out what’s up

2 Likes

So, first of all, before we all run to say leave, divorce, etc. My question is he depressed? Has he been displaying signs of mental distress? This Covid crap is taking its toll on people in different ways!! When he was working, did he act in the same way, or was it when he became unemployed? You know men get depressed, and don’t know how to show weakness in front of their families!! I would suggest asking him to go to therapy, if no, well maybe it’s time for some real space, and go from there!! Don’t be so quick to assume the worst b/c she only mentioned what’s happening now!! There are always three sides to a story :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Throw the whole man away girl. That’s no good

7 Likes

If I can raise 3 kids on my own without a man!!! So can you!!

7 Likes

Where is he going is the question being gone all day that’s he say she say about being at a friend’s do u actually know seems like he may be seeing someone and then coming home to u

2 Likes

He’s broken. Leave him.

5 Likes

What you allow will continue🤷🏻‍♀️

8 Likes

Honestly sounds like addiction or affair. He’s not in the marriage anymore hun.

4 Likes

If he wanted to be there , he would!

2 Likes

Ummmm… why isn’t he working ? !

2 Likes

Thats bullshit!! Put your foot down. If he wants to act single, let him be single! No job, he should be dad of the year. It’s not control its family life period. Put him in the road now.