Is it wrong that my daughter sleeps in the same bed as her father?

She might be doing it cause she doesn’t see him every day.

4 Likes

Absolutely not okay!

1 Like

My son Is 5 and still sleeps with me. To each their own I guess.

Would it be ok if you were still together and also in that bed?
Are there any real red flags as far as behavior or things she has said? Ask yourself these things first.

3 Likes

This is beyond wrong. Nip it in the bud asap.

My son slept with me until my boyfriend moved in, and didn’t sleep with his dad until I stopped him sleeping with me… so I don’t think it’s weird.

I had dreams that scared me to death at that age and hated sleeping alone

Ask your daughter if shes comfortable with it. Maybe also remind her that she can talk to you about anything.

2 Likes

Do you have a gut feeling it’s wrong? Does your daughter exhibit symptoms of abuse? It very well,may be harmless. Some families are a different dynamic and maybe he feels like a better protector with her sleeping by him. Maybe it’s comforting to her. Ask her the right questions without being accusatory or leading. You’ll know if something is off. :green_heart:

Does she have her own room and go in there?

Every circumstance is probably different, but snuggling with your dad can be very comforting for both child & Parent . As they get older most likely it will change.

1 Like

Alot of the people in these comments act like its such a terrible thing to have a relationship with their dad. Not every male is a predator, and treating everyone like that is wrong.

As long as she’s not being forced to sleep in his bed, and you trust him to not roll on top of her or do anything else than its okay. Definitely have talks with her, because you should with your kids anyway, but don’t pinpoint certain people in their lives without viable feelings of it.

Hell, my daughters about to turn 7, and when she stays with her dad ill actually have to call him and tell him to put her in their bed because she’s scared to sleep by herself.

I slept next to my dad when my parents divorced. I barely seen him and was and still a daddy’s girl. I was close till my dad till I was about 12 and napped with him all the time. Being in the situation as a child my dad is a good man

2 Likes

Maybe suggest dad get a futon chair for overnights in his room? Maybe she just needs comfort? Nothing wrong unless you see red flags

I wouldn’t allow my mind :woman_shrugging:t5:

I dont think its wrong

I think it depends on the relationship.My daughter slept with her dad till she was almost 13but I worked 3rd shift and she was scared to sleep in her room that was plum across the house. All my kids liked to snuggle.We had a king size bed and I’d wake up to all of them in the bed with us.

1 Like

I slept w my dad until I was probably 10 whenever I went to stay w him. #daddysgirl
I wouldn’t mind my daughter sleeping w her dad when she’s 7, as she does now and has been, she’s now 4.

2 Likes

Omg… no it is not appropriate. Good grief

My youngest brother was still sleeping in my parents bed well past 7.
Both my kids (girl and boy) still end up in my bed most nights and they can still do that up until they decide not to.

3 Likes

My son is almost 10 and he likes sleeping next to me… I would prefer he sleep in his own bed but it is what it is

I don’t see anything wrong with it unless you were concerned about something for some reason. I hate when people act like a dad showing affection is something dirty. My dad died when I was six and you bet your ass I would have snuggled with him forever if I could have.

Would it be different if the roles were reversed?

1 Like

As a mom would you feel weird if your 7 year old son slept in the bed with you? I think the mom is tripping because it’s a dad and daughter.

1 Like

You’re overreacting :roll_eyes: would it be a cause for concern if your son slept in your bed with you? Or is it different cause you’re mom? She might just feel more comfortable sleeping in bed with your ex then sleeping in her own bed especially if she barely sees him.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it at all.

It’s her father… co sleeping is a thing

No, my ex did the same thing with my daughter. It is gross

As a mom of 6 I personally do not see anything wrong with it…But if your concerned ask her why she sleeps in daddy’s bed, don’t make it weird though…more than likely is just a comfort thing especially if he’s in a new place that she isn’t use to yet, maybe she has separation anxiety when she leaves you and that’s her comfort zone…

1 Like

You are over reacting!! If he doesn’t see his daughter on a regular he misses her. The love of a parent doesn’t change just cause they broke up with their partners. Unless the reason you left him was because of some kind of sick thing he did towards your daughter. If not then your insecurities are playing games with your head. Don’t create a problem that perhaps is not there. Just saying

1 Like

How is it different? If it’s OK for you it’s OK for him.

That is a giant red flag.

2 Likes

Times are so strange these days. Personally i see nothing wrong.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with it at all!! I can remember being 12 or 13 and being scared n I would go get my Daddy to come sleep n my bed with me! Most of the time kids do it to feel safe! Now if u know or feel he would do something wrong then no but if u feel like that ur child shouldn’t be there to start with!

I dont see a problem with it. Thats dad.

I don’t understand it’s ok that a son sleep’s in bed with their mother it’s fine,I think it’s fine for a little girl to be by her Dad! I really think the most important that you truest the father with every being of your soul we are the voice & protector for are children so listen to your intuition you will know if your making a big deal out of it!

Ridiculous question.

1 Like

I slept with my dad when my parents divorced when I was 9 and my daughter sleeps with her dad when she’s with him so I don’t think it’s wrong but it really depends on how you view her dad.

1 Like

Sleeping with there dad I feel may give daughters, daddy issues. You’ll never find a man, who is going to be your father. He wants to be your partner not your dad. I wasn’t comfortable with it .

In my eyes as long as children not killed or beat much much much rather see children at peace !!!

Nothing wrong with it. My son’s almost 6 and rarely sleeps in his own bed. It’s comforting to him and I both and we both sleep better.

When I was 17 I would go sleep in my father’s bed when I was feeling sick or anxious. It’s not weird at all that’s her dad. No matter what age she is she’ll always be his and your baby. Xxx

1 Like

You have to think what if he asked that question about you? Yes their are weirdos in this world in which men are portrayed but there are women as well. If you really feel the need to question that…you need to ask yourself if the roles where reversed would I feel the same? If you feel deeply about it then you should have the conversation with him and talk with someone on why you would even question it in the first place.

11 Likes

I don’t like it personally she needs to sleep in her own bed for privacy on both parts .

She is probably sleeping with her dad because she’s away from him the majority of the time so she wants to be near him when she is, that’s a problem the parents caused by putting her in a split situation🤷🏻‍♀️ do I think people should stay with someone if they are not happy no kids sense that too! I’m just saying she needs to get over it, or her daughters definitely going to have even deeper abandonment issues and separation anxiety if she pushes them apart!

My daughter who is 6 climbs in bed with my husband and I all the time. She falls asleep in her bed but always ends up In ours. I wouldn’t say it’s strange but that’s just my family

3 Likes

If you have to ask then you already think there’s an issue with him :thinking: I allow my child to sleep with his dad yes it’s normal

2 Likes

I slept with my Dad anytime I had a bad dream my whole life and even after my oldest was first born and wouldn’t sleep we sometimes slept with my Dad same as I would have my Mom. He is my Dad and my comfort unless it bothers your daughter it shouldn’t bother you.

What bothers me the most is the fact that you are sexualizing a father/child relationship with no proof what so ever because of your own insecurities.

64 Likes

Have you aksed her why she does it?
You may find because she’s going from house to house she feels more comfortable and safer sleeping in the bed sort of like knowing he’s there and not leaving. She won’t do it so often at yours because she knows for sure you’re there (if that makes sense at all)

If you aren’t comfortable with her sleeping in his bed (1000% understandable and valid if you aren’t as many parents wouldn’t be)
Suggest to him that he no longer allows it and instead sits in her room with her until she falls asleep. It will be hard at first getting her into a routine of sleeping in her own room so he will have to persevere. Perhaps having her help decorate her room so she feels it’s her space would help.

17 Likes

It bothers me more that you think that’s a problem. There’s nothing sexual about a daughter sleeping in the same bed as her dad. However, if the father has a history of being inappropriate, she shouldn’t be going over there to begin with.

24 Likes

It’s not just fine but healthy for her.

3 Likes

depends on the father

5 Likes

Is her time with her dad limited?

2 Likes

She loves her daddy. Daughters love their daddy especially when he involved in their life it a hell of bond that some women can be jealous of that

6 Likes

She is 7 and half. Not 17 and half get a grip. Let her Co sleep with her dad. Theres no harm in child cuddling in bed with their parents whether they are separated or together

14 Likes

I think it is fine .

4 Likes

Own bed…plz and thank u

5 Likes

I dont see what the issue is… are you ok with yourself sleeping in the same bed? If so then whats wrong with a parent cuddeling their child? If shes happy and safe and taken well care of then there shouldnt be an issue. As far as i can tell is that you may have been indoctrinated into beleive a father cant have a close and affectionate relationship with his daughter.

9 Likes

I see no issue with it!

4 Likes

If clothing is on, yes sure

It’s perfectly fine. She’s 7 not 27.

6 Likes

Agree totally fine… I crashed out with my Dad many times even as a teen… he was one of my best friends… Ridiculous to even suggest anything is amiss here…

No sleeping with Dad!! It is not a good thing! B

8 Likes

Hell I slept with my daddy as much as I could till I was 10. Girls love they daddy! And I’m pretty sure he just loves his daughter and wants her comfortable

She is 7. She is fine co-sleeping with her father. Unless you have a concern for her safety when she is with him. Let it go.

10 Likes

If he is a good father, I don’t see the problem.

6 Likes

My kid is 9 my apartment is small so she shares my room and my bed. When she goes to see her dad who lives with his parents at the moment she has no other place to sleep than with him. It’s not a big deal unless you make it one.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m gonna. Just say. My son’s 10… he still climbs in sometimes… Why dompepple.thinkniys ok for mum and son but not dad and daughter.

Youre guessing? So why don’t you ask the child and ask the father? Then make your decision based on their answers…

6 Likes

I slept with my parents who sleep separately up to the age 14. I also been a victim of molestation by a cousin so i see both sides of paranoia. I think its fine tho. Whatever makes you comfortable for a peace of mind

NO NO NO NO this is completely acceptable. As a child who grew up with ONLY my father, NO mother, I was never allowed to sleep in his bed. I could sleep on the floor next to his bed, but not in it with him, and this was only allowed if I was extremely sick. He was so terrified that other people would judge him, and react as if he were molesting us, that I don’t remember the first time he hugged me being until I was 12. I chose to be a social worker when I grew up, so that in mind, I do believe there are healthy boundaries that need to be established as to when its allowed so it stays on the healthy side of things. But in general I believe daughters should absolutely be allowed allowed sleep in the same bed as their fathers.

2 Likes

She probably feels more comfortable sleeping with her Dad considering she lives at your house most of the time and not at her Dad s much. Leave that baby and her Daddy alone lol

18 Likes

I mean I see no issue… I shared a bed with my single father in our 1 bedroom house growing up until I was nearly 11…

She’s seven.

She needs to be sleeping in her OWN bed.

6 Likes

Why is this even a question?

2 Likes

I’m sure she wouldn’t be allowed to visit with him if he’s done anything inappropriate…So what is yhe problem with her sleeping with her Dad?? He did in fact create her…

Shes asking if its healthy for her 7 year old to sleep in bed with her father. Nowhere in this did she say she was uncomfortable with it due to a sexual reason or anything in that matter! To answer your question, yes I feel like its ok as long as she’s clothed.

1 Like

On a regular basis I don’t feel its healthy…if she has a bed there she should sleep in it.
But nothing wrong with those nights a child feels the need to snuggle with parents (and sex shouldn’t even be a consideration)…maybe because she doesn’t see him often she needs that extra attention and comfort right now? Idk how long its been but maybe she doesnt feel as independent there? What are her father’s thoughts on it? Have you discussed with him what his thoughts are on if she is emotionally ok due to her wanting to sleep with him all the time?

3 Likes

She’s only 7 and probably misses her Dad…and as long as dad isnt sexual predators it’s all Innocent

1 Like

I’d still share a bed with my dad or mum, even with both my nanas and my uncles and Aunty and I’m 24!

1 Like

You chose him at some point. Did he ever let on to being a pedo? Have you spoken to her about her safety? And you’ve you spoken to him about this? It’s a conversation you should have with him.

2 Likes

If with you most time she probably misses her dad. Id be concerned about not getting good sleep sharing as ive tried with my 8yr old. I wake her she wakes me lol.

Could be a security thing being away from him all week she could feel more secure with him right there

3 Likes

You’re over reacting. He’s her father.

5 Likes

No, I do not think it’s right for a girl to be sleeping with her father, not at all.

4 Likes

Omg stop coddling your kids , stages of growing up is sleeping in there OWN BED . A part of independence, is it u don’t want to deal with the struggle of teaching them … what would happen if one day your gone and she is so use to co sleeping REALLY … but anyhow … you sleep with her why can’t he …

2 Likes

If she has a normal dad it is ok… but i understand your concern… some people are sick…

4 Likes

If you question her safety in a family bed situation, then you shouldn’t let her be alone with him. Period. Many parents have their kiddos in the bed for yearrrrrrrrs. As long as she knows to let you know if she is ever uncomfortable, and as long as she is communicating with you both- I think that is fine. I am not in your shoes, so you must trust your gut and your relationship with your ex and your daughter.

1 Like

Feel like your obsessing over your ex and trying to control the relationship your daughter has with her father…you said yourself shes with you primarily. Maybe she misses her dad alot and that helps her feel closer to him

8 Likes

If she’s comfortable with it & you feel there’s no danger of abuse (which I’m guessing you don’t because you let her go there) then imo it’s fantastic :blush: Co-sleeping whether with siblings, parents, cousins or other significant people in their lives is positive, reinforces bonding & gives a sense security :blush: I’d just rather matter of factly ask her if she’s comfortable/ ok with that … She may be fine with it now then change her mind over time as she gets a little older & maybe would want to be in her own room or on a couch or whatever works :+1:

5 Likes

Does she have her own bed at his place?? If not, you may want to ask her if she’d like one?
Assuming your ex sleeps WITH clothing…
I cannot answer without bias, as my childhood won’t allow… But I’d hate for you to put fear in her where there shouldn’t be. :woman_shrugging:t3:

I had very mild attachment issues as a child, I never realised it back then… but I slept in my mothers bed as much as I could get away with right up until about 16. It was my safety blanket. Nothing beat the feeling of when mum said yes I could sleep with her that night… It made me unbelievably happy. It’s more than likely she would be sleeping in your bed at home too if given the choice, she more than likely asks or expects to sleep in his bed now, its probably grown as a comfort for her.

Clearly you don’t have a lot going on because You are being extremely petty. If it bothered you that bad you would offer to purchase a daybed or trundle bed that accommodates them both. The relationship between father and daughter is the most important relationship a female can have. Love your daughter enough to want that for her more than you want to control things that are out of your control.

6 Likes

Kid misses her dad. If she isn’t upset about it let it be.

4 Likes

Omg ur way over reacting

2 Likes

If you’re questioning this than it may be a problem. I see nothing wrong with it. I slept next to my dad whenever I wanted as did my kids. Before he passed in 2014, I lived with my parents, they helped me with the kids while I was at work, I’d come home after a long day and lay next to him in his California king and watch baseball. I’d give my life to be able to just nap next to my pops one more time.

I think your looking for a reason to be mean…I think you need to just stop it…

3 Likes

Definitely over reacting

1 Like

I slept with my Dad til I was like 9 and it was never inappropriate at all most nights I’d stay up asking him about life and religion and the universe and morals. He passed unexpectedly when I was 25 and I’m thankful for those memories.

How old is the daughter