Is it wrong that my exes girlfriend gave a gift to our daughter to gift to her dad?

Oh sweetie, that’s your problem? The girlfriend probably assumed that you might not buy a gift for your ex to be given by your daughter. It’s perfectly reasonable and yes, you are wrong for feeling it was out of line. She’s his SO now, so she is trying to both help your daughter show her dad she loves him on Father’s Day and probably also wanted to give him a gift.

5 Likes

It’s not about YOU!! It’s about your daughter being given the chance to give HER father a gift on Father’s Day. At least someone is mature enough to acknowledge this little girl and make sure she gets to celebrate her father and have a gift to give him. I know it’s not about the gifts but this little girl was given the opportunity as it sounds she does for mother’s day too. Don’t be petty over this because it’s your exes girlfriend. Be thankful she thinks of your daughter enough to not want her to feel left out or sad about not having a gift for her daddy.

11 Likes

It’s none of your business. Be grateful the girl friend cares about your child. This is petty.

5 Likes

No you’re wrong. She was just being thoughtful of him and helping your daughter give her father a card.

4 Likes

Yea you’re Def wrong for feeling a type of way about this lmfao seriously dude???

What about this actually bothers you?!? If you were dating and your partner did this for you on Mother’s day would your ex have an issue with it?

Why are you getting upset about people close to your daughter sharing love and showing kindness to each other.

2 Likes

I help my kids pick out stuff for their dads gf for Xmas and other holidays. Co parenting

3 Likes

Totally out of line. It’s their household, relationship and maybe in the future…family. Don’t be the petty biomom . Be happy she treats your daughter and your ex well.

3 Likes

My gawd… she was just trying to be involved…
And alot of yall wonder WHY you and you’re ex cant get along to co-parent, bc if stupid petty crap like this :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Who cares honestly. Petty to drain your energy on something like that. She did something nice for her significant other from your daughter be grateful she obviously cares.

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to get over whatever jealousy you are holding onto right now. He’s moved on. His girlfriend bought him a Father’s Day card.

3 Likes

That’s nice of her to do that,my exes girlfriends never did that. Don’t be petty in front of your child

2 Likes

I did it. I got a gift and a card for my ex from our children for Father’s day. It was more for my kids vs the ex.

2 Likes

Lol :rofl: as if , how old are you 14?

2 Likes

That is very kind of her actually. She is setting a good example for your child and helping her recognize her father. Your hurt likely because you still have feelings. As someone who has been there with my ex, let it go. It took me along time to get along with my child’s stepmother and she ended up being the biggest blessing in our lives. She and her father split but were still close. Try counseling, it can be a great asset.

6 Likes

Way out of line. Do you have any idea how lucky you are that this is the thing you have to complain about?

9 Likes

Don’t let the divorce make you bitter towards your ex and anyone he brings into his life. Just let it go. As long as your daughter is happy and safe, don’t sweat the small stuff.

1 Like

Why is not everyone saying this why is he putting a five year old in middle of them co-parenting. If the father has something to say he should tell the mother of the child to her face or text her. But KEEP the child out of it.

I don’t understand why this would bother you? The present was for your daughter’s dad from his significant other. They have a dynamic in their relationship that doesn’t involve you. All you should be concerned about is that your daughter is happy, healthy, and loved. She can celebrate her Dad in any form when she is there and that will always include whomever he is with.

2 Likes

The problem isn’t that she got a card……

1 Like

Wow that’s actually quite stand up of her to do that. You should definitely try to cohesively co-parent

4 Likes

That should not bother you.

My ex and I coparent. His new gf took the kids to buy Mother’s Day gifts for me. My fiancé took them to buy Father’s Day gifts for my ex. Stop being petty and put the kid first. :woman_facepalming:t3: oh and guess what? Mine and my fiancé kids ask to go to their house all the time. Bc we all act like adults. Jesus.

6 Likes

I think I’m reading this wrong , are you saying your ex’s current girlfriend bought him something for Fathers Day and had her (his/your daughter) give it to him from her (his/your daughter)? Because if this is correct then you are completely out of line , Father’s Day is about your ex being a father, Not for you to be worrying about. And your family and friends did the exact same thing but your upset because his did it for him as well?? You can’t have it both ways, your bothered because the current girlfriend acknowledges her man as a father and that makes you jealous because you feel that it’s your place considering he’s a father to your daughter, but yet you didn’t take the time or respect for this by doing it yourself, so basically your ex and his kid can’t celebrate Father’s Day unless it involves you (but is not something you will do either but also something you’re bother by if another person acknowledges it for him for it instead of yoy). This is crazy, Obviously there is more to this and it’s seems the issue lies between you and your feelings towards your ex moving on so my advice is to work on Fixing yourself and not worry about things that are completely out of your control and nothing to do with you. It was so thoughtful of his current girlfriend to make her man feel special on his day and literally has zero to do with you.

2 Likes

Very nice gesture of hers

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re not over the ex… she’s being kind so far

2 Likes

So your family did mother’s day but his family can’t do father’s day
The daughter probably felt good having a gift both times.
She was included it’s what is important.

Sounds like you are not able to remove your feelings from what is best for your daughter, she is his daughter so i dont see an issue with it?

3 Likes

That depends how long have they been together we have always had a rule that if we ever separated and dated others , we’d have to be dating dating them for atleast 6 months and feel it could become something serious and long term before ever even thinking about introducing our kids.that said if they are in an established long term relationship her trying to build a bond with your daughter is a great thing . Things could be so so much worse trust me .

Why are you so upset about it?? You didn’t buy it…

5 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with it and it really has nothing to do with u

4 Likes

Speaking through your daughter/his gf(I didnt really understand who he was speaking through) is wrong. Her getting your daughter a gift to give him is beautiful and thoughtful.

4 Likes

Geeze, y’all are no longer together. Why is it even your business? It’s not like you got your daughter a gift for him. You big mad cuz he didn’t do mother’s day, and feel like he didn’t deserve father’s day. Grow up!

4 Likes

Maybe the gf thought she just wanted to make sure the child was able to give the dad a gift doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do please understand it’s about the child and if the child is ok with giving the gift the gf paid for then let em besides who is the gf hurting besides your pride I feel the gf has best intentions and it’s about the child not about you not about him or his gf

Wow. You sound very childish!

6 Likes

I’m not sure how this affects you. It would be the same if you had a boyfriend who bought her something to give to you for mother’s day. If your child is safe, cared for and loved is the only thing you should be worried about, not who’s buying who what for holidays. She did a nice gesture for her boyfriend (your ex) for father’s day which is understandable because he is a father. Maybe you aren’t over him and that’s why it’s bothering you.

2 Likes

Very childish and it sounds like you’re just upset because you didn’t get anything for Mother’s Day from him which shouldn’t have even upset you to begin with

2 Likes

I took my daughter to buy her dad ( my ex husband ) Father’s Day gifts to send to him and If his wife ever says anything like this I’ll put her in her place real quick. Your child probably thought that was so cute! I didn’t get anything from him from my daughter for Mother’s Day but I’m not salty at all because she was here with me and that’s all I needed. You still got some feelings girl.

This seems extremely petty on your part. Are you jealous of their relationship?

3 Likes

Leave it alone, it was a nice gesture, Different Strokes for different folks

How about trying to communicate to him like a grown up that you would like to meet with her, get to know who is around your daughter when she’s with Dad. That is totally your business but what the gf does isn’t. Sorry but it’s the truth.

Sit your drama starting self down and grow up.

4 Likes

Why exactly does this bother u? Personally I think that’s great that she did that for your lil girl. I did the same for my partner from his daughters.

She’s his daughter and that’s his girlfriend, there is nothing wrong with this at all. Grow up

1 Like

Not about your feelings. It was meant for the child to feel like she got her dad a gift.

2 Likes

Speaking from being the girlfriend…this is totally appropriate. Holidays are spent in households. That being said, his daughter was with him on Father’s Day. The girlfriend bought a gift and card for his daughter to give him in appreciation for Father’s Day. If she wouldn’t have bought it who would have? It’s not your place to because you don’t live there. And if you would have it still doesn’t mean she shouldn’t have done it for their day together. You’re being petty. Be thankful he has someone that actually cares and interacts with your daughter.

1 Like

Im sure it made your daughter feel good to gice it to her dad.why would this bother you?

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with this

I think you’re being the jealous ex in this situation. What happens in their household on his time with his daughter is none of your concern unless it comes down to safety and health of the child.

Back off and let the girlfriend bond with your daughter! It’s rare to have one that cares enough

7 Likes

I wanna know more about the back of the head situation :thinking::face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

If it wasn’t for the gf sounds like he wouldn’t have gotten anything for father’s day. Dad’s deserve to be celebrated too. Your daughter is 5 and was probably so thrilled to be able to give her dad a present “from her”. If it makes you mad maybe you should have done it? Or be thankful that he has someone that acknowledges he’s a dad. I think you’re over reacting. Do you still have feelings for him or something?

2 Likes

Did they have a child together?

Hey, it means you don’t have to bring your daughter out to buy him a father’s day gift anymore! Win.

2 Likes

Girrrrrlllll. Grow up

10 Likes

I think it’s a great thing.

1 Like

That’s so nice of her! I wish my ex would get a gf so she could things like this. So I wouldn’t have to :rofl:

5 Likes

Wow we have bigger fish to worry about than who bought who a gift.

2 Likes

I think it’s more about the kid and not you! Yes I understand but it’s about the kid and the ex! I think she was trying to be nice to your kid and ex! Yes dnt show it bothers you and try and get to know her

3 Likes

I would not take it !

Yes your wrong. Its not about you and has zero to do with you. Even if you did say something its not your choice what they do. You are not together.

7 Likes

Umm I don’t think that’s any of your business what she buys HER boyfriend. It was a Father’s Day gift and he is a father and she is his girlfriend I don’t see what the problem is.

6 Likes

This is stupid… it’s for your daughter and the girl friend was in the right. Stop being petty and raise your daughter (like Dad’s GF is) to be kind and thoughtful. Hop down off that high horse and join the rest of us…

8 Likes

You’re being selfish and petty. There is NOTHING wrong with that.

5 Likes

I dont see anything wrong with it. My bd doesn’t take our daughter to buy me anything for mother’s day but I always take her to buy him something and on mother’s day I take our daughter to go buy her bonus mom a mother’s day gift. Just a thank you for taking care of my daughter while she’s in her dad’s care. I mean if she would of said I bought this for you to give to your dad since your mom is obviously not gonna do it then I would of said something about how she approached the situation but I wouldn’t be mad that she bought her something to give her dad for father’s day. If your mad about that then there’s obviously a bigger issue here and it’s not that she bought the gift your mad about🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

Yep, you’re wrong for feeling this way. This was not out of bounds or inappropriate. Don’t be jealous and try to drive a wedge in their new relationship, or your daughter’s relationship with her. You will seem petty and controlling.

My fiancé took my daughter to the bookstore last week. She picked out what she wanted. Then they picked out her Father a book for Father’s Day. She was super excited when she came home with the gift and in the driveway of my house, she told her father that “insert my fiancé’s name” took her and she picked him out a gift, he opened the gift and was very excited to receive said gift. It’s all about coparenting. It’s about the kids. Who cares. If this is going to bother you…then everything is going to bother you. You have to let this go. My ex husband didn’t care that my fiancé bought the gift, all that mattered was that it came from his daughter.

6 Likes

Damn girl!, If this is what you consider life stresses, wanna trade lives?!?!?! :sob::sob::sob::sweat_smile::joy::rofl:.

I’ve bought Father’s Day gifts for my boyfriends daughter to give him. I also bought Mother’s Day gifts for her to give her mom. Don’t think it’s that big of a deal lol

2 Likes

Yes because it’s about your daughter - not your feelings.

6 Likes

Pick your battles. That doesn’t sound like one.

2 Likes

There is literally nothing wrong with that lmao

4 Likes

That lady did a nice gesture. You need to get out of your feelings, because your overreacting

5 Likes

Definitely need to grow up. Not everything is about you. That was a beautiful thing she did for your child. Co parenting is hard enough but it’s not the child’s fault.

9 Likes

Your being petty ASF grow up

5 Likes

I personally don’t see a thing wrong with it. If it were me I’d be thankful that my kid had someone in their life that cared enough about them to do something like that for them. It’s so important for kids to see healthy relationships even if it’s not between the bio mom and dad and it sounds like that’s what’s happening.

Could your feelings just be a little bit of resentment bc now he’s being who he never was for you? I mean that with no disrespect, I mean it in a way of maybe you need to sit with your feelings and figure out where they are coming from? I personally would like the new girl a little bit more for doing something like that for my kid bc at the end of the day it’s not about you or him it’s about your child.

2 Likes

I buy my girls dad and step mom gifts for my girls can give them to them. It’s showing be civil.

3 Likes

Let it go. Not worth the time and energy. Love your daughter and teach her to love too.

2 Likes

Also you kind a sound jealous, but understandable. You probably really feel bad that no one goes out of their way to get a gift to give your daughter to give you. You maybe projecting, feeling under appropriated, not recognized.

2 Likes

Sounds like maybe a little jealous. It’s not about you, get over yourself and grow up

2 Likes

Guess what mama - this ain’t about you. . . Can you imagine how proud your daughter probably was being able to gift her dad? Her feelings are the only ones that matter. Not yours.

5 Likes

Yes u are wrong personally I think it’s great his gf did this it shows she cares enough about your daughter too

4 Likes

Petty fo sho. I took my kid and my husband and my kid to get Father’s Day gifts for the older ones bio dad and his grampa on Father’s Day. Healthy co parenting is the way to go!

2 Likes

I think it was a nice thing for her to do. But my question is why haven’t you met this woman if she’s around your daughter?

3 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks that is weird. she is still in love with him. I know Jennifer Lopez bought baby gifts for ben Affleck when he was still with Jennifer garner and you know how that worked out.

If your daughter was with them on Father’s Day take as a blessing that this young woman thought and cared enough about your daughter to do it…that was a very classy thing she did. Children need all the love and guidance they can get in this world and negativity like you are trying to make out of a kind gesture…my question is did you do it for her as well? If not then it was truly a blessing his girlfriend did and if you did it just made their day together a little bit better.

4 Likes

Oh mylanta.
Please get an ice pack for your feelings & get over it.

2 Likes

Oh please,lol. How brain dead do you have to be to even ask this question?

1 Like

Yup…you are wrong!!! Everything is not about you!

2 Likes

That was nice of her. Treasure kindness towards your child mine didn’t get it he got mentally abused untill I found out! You are blessed another woman you have never met cares about your child!!!

4 Likes

Girl, you said it on the first line, “you’re Ex”
So honey, get over it, Or are you jealous?
Try to be nice for you’re daughter.

3 Likes

As a single mom to an 18 year old I would not have taken offense to this at all whatsoever. (To me) it seems your gripe is more the fact you haven’t met her and THAT I can understand because I want to know who is spending time with my kid regardless if it’s a guy or girl etc. I think your best option is trying to be cordial and no hostility that you’d really appreciate being able to meet her since she’s in your daughters life and if she is going to be part of your co parenting (which step folks are) then you feel it’s appropriate.

The gift thing I feel is a thoughtful thing to do for your ex and to spend her own money and give that to your daughter to give is a nice thing for all involved.

2 Likes

Feel how you want, but you’re gonna look petty even bringing it up. Smh.

4 Likes

This is about 0% your business.

Your ex’s girlfriend got a gift for his daughter to give him on Fathers Day… somebody alert the media!

1 Like

Man people on this thread suck. Can’t you just answer a question without insult like at ALL?? You comment like you’re better than the poster when in reality your piss poor treatment of another human is gross.

You must’ve missed 3rd grade if you can’t be respectful or nice move along your opinions are irrelevant and quite frankly useless.

Did it upset the child? Probably not so get over it. 99% or co parenting has nothing to do with the parents and if more parents realized that, kids would have better experiences and still feel like a family even if they’re split up.

I wouldnt make a big deal out of that trust there is worse stuff to make a big deal out of

I do not see the harm in this .

I think it was a beautiful thing to do, and you have some issues to work on if you are going to raise a healthy child! Children come first, put away your anger and hostility, and get a grip! It was a very kind & thoughtful gesture! Smh

3 Likes

Ummm it’s really not a big deal. That was a sweet gesture. If u had/have a bf would u be mad if he got a gift for her to give u? No…so let it be.

1 Like

I personally don’t think it’s out of line. No matter how long they have been together it’s something that’s being done for him. It’s not like she got him something for Father’s Day from herself as if they had the kid together. She did it from his daughter. Your daughter is just as much his as she is yours… it’s no different than family getting you something from your daughter on Mother’s Day.
Now had it been Mother’s Day & he got the gf something w/out them having a child together & trying to make it from your daughter, that would have been something to get upset about if she’s a new gf & not a step mom. But his gf has every right to get him a gift for HIS day. You should actually be thankful that she cares enough about your daughter to even want to make sure she’s able to get her daddy something for Father’s Day, regardless if you were going to get him a gift from her also

3 Likes