Is it wrong to keep old dance photos?

Well, it’s not like you’re keeping penis photos. (The banger sisters movie)

Not weird I have sooo many I keep them in an old hat box/ memory box

Those are YOUR memories they brought to where you are today. Keep them.

1 Like

I’ve been married 54 years and I still have my prom photos. And, no, it wasn’t my husband.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Some old memories you just don’t throw away.

1 Like

I keep photos of my non-triggering ex on my instagram coz it’s like a timeline of my life, so yolo
I think it’s weird that your husband is so insecure about it that he’s asked you to throw them away

1 Like

I would keep them. I have photos from every dance. I also have pictures from my first wedding, in case my kids want them someday.

1 Like

No different than stashing them in a photo album. It’s not like u have them out flaunting them. It’s the memories made not necessarily the BOYS in the pictures. Seriously a ridiculous reason 2 be jealous. It would be different I’d u still talked 2 these guys and have ever given him an ounce of doubt.

Not weird at all.This is the past that lead you to today.

1 Like

Not weird, it is your past and you are entitled to memories.

If it’s high school photos I really do not get the issue. You were a child lol. How can you be so insecure over photos of a high school child

Photos are memories, your memories. Don’t throw them out.

Does he also want you to throw all your photos from high school and college away? He’s being a bit precious and immature, you had a life before him, and that life is what made you the woman you are now.

Keep them. They make for fun pics to look at with your children when they’re older.

Absolutely not! Those are part of your past and should be kept tucked away and reminisced once in a while

I think it would be weird if you displayed them in your home or social media or whatever. But just holding onto high school memories? Not weird.

5 Likes

I dont think its weird at all. The past is the past. Those are memories youll want to keep to look back on in 30 years!

3 Likes

I have mine. Those are high school memories that can’t be replaced. My man doesn’t care.

1 Like

I say keep them! I still have old photos with past boyfriend because of the good memories. Those are my memories. Keep the pictures

No, those are memories from school and it’s completely fine.

Not weird, I have my prom pictures and such with me ex’s, it’s sentimental. My partner has seen them and never said anything negative either. Now any ex’s after that we’re more serious than a high school fling, I’ve gotten rid of their photos and would be hurt if I found out he was keeping pictures of his ex’s :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I wouldn’t hang them around the house but in a keep sake box for sure

I have all of mine in storage. Keep your memories. My husband laughs at mine with me :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

Not weird at all, that was a dance from high school. It’s a memory I wouldn’t get rid of. I have my prom pictures with my ex bf. And I’m in a different relationship, with 2 kids. I still have my prom pics and I’m not getting rid of them.

1 Like

No…these are mementos. Not a threat to him!

I have all mine and so does my husband. My husband has pics of him and his ex wife for our kids when they’re older

Keep :clap:t2: Them :clap:t2:
They’re memories, hubby can deal with it. I mean why be so threatened over teenage memories :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

They’re your memories…

1 Like

Keep your memories and enjoy reminicing. Reassure your husband that it is not about the guy but about remembering who you were when you were younger. We all do this.

Home coming is memories it’s not just a usual picture it was your best day

He’s weird you’re normal. That’s it. Keep your photos.

3 Likes

I burned my prom pictures with that I had of my oldest daughters dad and I after he left and he drove me to the point of attempting suicide. 8 years later, I wish I had kept at least photo to give to our daughter. Keep them, nothing wrong with holding on to good memories

Keep them for the kids. I have mine.

Not wrong at all! My man is the same way! But if you walk in my moms house she still has a pic of me and my friend up from prom and i still have my prom pic with my ex! (About 10 years ago too) Its memories! Like do they want us to throw out all the memory pics that have guys in it that isnt family? Lol

Keep them. And tell him to check his insecurities and jealousy

2 Likes

Keep them, but if you really love your husband and respect his feelings, toss them.

3 Likes

Not weird at all. It’s memories from highschool… weird that he acts defensive towards that…

3 Likes

I have kept all my pictures, letters and anything else from different relationships and friendships.

You’re not wrong to want to keep your memories.

2 Likes

That isn’t weird at all it was high school I still have all of mine

Mine had an old prom photo, it’s just put up in a closet. No big deal.

It’s not like they are displayed on the mantel. Keep the photos in the box as memories.

1 Like

Keep them my biggest regret was throwing away my memories because my husband didn’t like it he’s dad down and I’m here alone with no memories so tell them f*** off and leave you alone

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it wrong to keep old dance photos? - Mamas Uncut

I say keep them,they’re memories of your childhood!! And get rid of your husband. Something so petty makes him seem so insecure. And we all know there’s NOTHING sexy about an insecure man!!!

10 Likes

I would save them at my moms. But really I do not agree with anyone. My husbands feelings are more important than the photos. And I know he had a ex that was a pain in the ass early in our relationship so I did not want to see pictures of her and him. If he kept them and I said it bothered me and he refused I’d feel like he still had feelings for her and it would bother me even more. So what if he’s insecure. How many women get mad when their man looks at another woman? Answer most of them. Want to know why? Insecurity. But it’s only ugly on men? I do not agree. Keep them if you want. But I’d put them where they are out of sight out of mind. Because how your husband feels should be important to you.

15 Likes

Keep them…he shouldn’t be/feel threatened by them…I would only say get rid of them if you would ask the same of him for holding onto to photos of him and other ladies.

6 Likes

Keep them, his insecurity is his own demon. Confidence comes with the love shared in a relationship.

5 Likes

Keep them. Their memories from your childhood, from HS

6 Likes

Keep. He needs to grow up those are childhood memories you never get back.

6 Likes

It’s like I told my husband about boyfriends from the past. If they come to mind I remember a boy not a man. I don’t know them as men, just boys. God gave me my husband to love and live the rest of my life with.

5 Likes

Your photoes were taken in a different time and hopefully bring back some glorious memories. Do not destroy them.

1 Like

My fiance STILL has his military ball photos with his exes in boxes and I am not even bothered. So no, if you’re that insecure then maybe you need to negotiate your relationship or where your morals are. Memories are special.

No, it is not weird. We had senior albums that we filled with pictures and cards and letters. History. The past. I would never expect my husband to take the pictures of all the other girls in his book just because we are married and it has been how ever any years ago. I agree with you, they are your memories and I find it weird he may have been offended or upset. Hold your ground imo. Good luck to you!!

I would keep them they are your memories from school. I mean if you bring them out all the time and look at those specific pictures then I’d say there’s a problem. But if u haven’t seen the pictures in a long time and just brought them out and looked at all ur photos then I don’t see a problem with it. I have somewhere in a box a card my ex gave me and there’s a pic I kept that stuck in the envelope. The picture also has my family and my uncle who is gone now. So I have it still. Its memories. It was a good day. I saw it about 5 yrs ago or more and have no idea where it’s at just that I know I still have it somewhere. I could probably get rid of the card now that I’m married but I’m keeping the picture. So if I ever find it again I’ll get rid of the card. He shouldn’t be worried about a picture.

Why do some men think you shouldn’t have a past? (My ex was like that.)That’s all it is… the past. Keep the photos tucked away but keep them. Those are your memories.

I have pictures of me and other guys that I went to school and was involved with. We are all old married with children, some divorced and on marriage number 2 bit all happy with our out comes and no regrets. They are childhood memories and school memories

I still have old photos from prom and dances. Im 44. They aren’t going anywhere. They arent on my kiving room wall but put up with other old pics. Dide needs to grow up

Those are childhood memories!! Don’t throw them out!! You can’t replace those!! My ex wanted me to have my dad throw out my prom photos!! Smfh! Insecure Over my childhood…

I have an old shoe box of memories like this. I keep it hidden. I don’t bring it out but I am glad to have the memories. I will appreciate them when I am old.

Keep them. It’s a part of what made you who you are today. Put them in a scrapbook to show to you daughters and grand daughters. If your hubby gets mad tell him it’s pretty dumb to get jealous over pictures from high school

1 Like

Keep them! If they mean something to you! I have all sorts of keep sakes from dances etc. it’s not cheating to have memories!

I still have photos AND love letters❤ its a part of your past, and part of what shaped and molded who you became!

Not wrong at all, that’s your childhood memories it’s harmless.

Take them to your mother’s house and store them there

1 Like

I think he’s the weird one for asking you to throw them out, actually. That’s kinda messed up.

1 Like

Your husband needs to get a grip :rofl:

They are memories of keep them.

No keep them …what harm is it doing

Keep them. Those are the memories to your past!

Do. Not. Throw. Out. Those. Pictures!!!

Thoughts and prayers being sent ur way🙏

I wish I would of kept mine

No cause those are your memories. And if hes jealous of your past there needs to be rethinking.

But never be qshamed of your memories and past

No it’s not weird to keep them! He sounds insecure!

1 Like

They are memories you have from school i wouldn’t get rid of them

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is it wrong to keep old dance photos? - Mamas Uncut

He must be pretty insecure if he wants you to throw away memories from the past.

It’s not weird at all unless you still have feelings for him, which you don’t. Your husband needs to stop being a baby and get over himself.

21 Likes

Not weird at all. I’d totally keep them. But I would definitely have a conversation with your husband about you keeping them. Calmly explain why you want to keep them and discuss why it clearly upsets him. Maybe there’s something there that needs talking about. Having a ‘screw him I’ll do what I want’ attitude isn’t going to help your marriage.

7 Likes

I mean I wouldn’t keep 99% of photos from an ex, but something like prom or homecoming photos I probably would keep. Id talk to hubby to find out why it bothers him so much and explain that that’s still your child/teenhood and you want to be able to show your children and what not.

5 Likes

Ok so I say keep them but also be considerate. Talk to your husband, bc if my husband was hanging on to old photos of his exes I would feel upset. He sees it as holding on to the ex not high school memories. Explain why and that how you would feel. Keep them somewhere y’all agree on. Some of us are insecure with ourselves and damaged from the past. Be gentle with your spouse unless he’s a jerk and you really do want out… then I’d be petty and put 8X10s on the wall

4 Likes

I have allll of mine and wedding photos from my previous marriage. They are mostly photos of myself but there are a few with my ex in them. We were young and it’s part of my life.
No plans to toss them :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Uhmmm. Keep them. You don’t need his permission :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I say keep them. If it were just random photos of you with an ex I wouldn’t really see a point in keeping them but dances, prom, homecoming, things like that are important memories.

4 Likes

No it’s not weird to keep them. These were a part of your growing up life. They are just memories for you to share with children and grandchildren. My husband never ask me to throw any of my school pics away. I never wanted him to dispose if his either. His sister threw his senior homecoming pics in trash. I gathered them to keep for him. She couldn’t understand WHY??? Because they were his, it was his senior year of high school, it was memories he made growing up. Live life…Love life. Enjoy the simple memories as you grow old and age together. That was part of who you are today. I would definitely keep mine. Some folks need lots of prayers to relax and enjoy LIFE!!!

2 Likes

No, it isn’t weird. It is memorabilia and should bring a smile to your face. Your pics, your say!!!

3 Likes

Definitely keep them! He needs to address his insecurities.

2 Likes

That’s really insecure of him. My husband has photos of him and an ex he was very serious about, I also have old photos from high school proms and things. I keep them in a box in our closet and my husband has a box in our closet for his pictures.

Keep them. Glad my husband isn’t like that. I have my exhusbands ashes sitting on our mantle. He passed away last year, me and my husband have been married for 4 years.

Definitely keep them! They are your memories!

1 Like

Its not weird at all. He sounds a little insecure. (I burned all mine but thats because they were with my 1st abusive ex)

Not weird. Hes just territorial and it got to him. Be understanding but keep things slightly deeper in the garage lol

Shit my inlaws got pictures of all their kids with exs on there family wall jist seems normal to keep pictures of your past

That is definitely small d*** energy. I would not throw away anything that meaningful

8 Likes

I have all my photos of everyone in my life. Exs and all. Sounds insecure to me

Weird that he wants you to throw them away absolutely :joy::woman_shrugging:

I’d respect his boundary. Maybe cut the ex’s out and just have a reminder of you from the night?

2 Likes

I have mine all packed away down stairs what’s the big deal?

I don’t think it’s weird, you were in school, you married him he shouldn’t be worried about pictures of people from high school, those men have wife’s now or whatever the case, you chose him and he should feel confident in that

No way. It was a part of your life and your past. Keep them if you want to. They are still all memories.

Keep them!! They are memories about the dance. He’s very insecure if he wants you to throw them out.

Not weird. Keep them! Those are your memories.