Is it wrong to keep old dance photos?

You should always keep memories like that. Now reaching out reconnecting with those guys would be wrong. I’d hide them before your husband makes them disappear

1 Like

Keep them, Lose him!!! Dude has some serious issues! My wife still has hers, I still have mine. And we’ve been married 32 years.

Not weird at all to keep photos…Your husband is being weird and jealous!

No your not wrong. Do what you want.

No theyre your memeries. Youre in them.

Why do people get insecure over pictures.
You keep them. If he has an issue then he get over it.

Keep them those are you’re memories not his and tell him that so he understands every has different memories they like holding onto

keep they are memories

I’d keep them, not for me or the memories but so that I could show my future children. My mom kept her prom photos and I have great memories of making fun of her crazy hair and outfit. I can’t wait for my kids to see my old prom photos and think their funny and hopefully make a good memory with them like I have with my wonderful mom. She really did have some crazy hair on her dress…hilarious :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Those are your memories, keep them. I still have mine

My teenage daughters love going through my old scrap books from high school and even reading old love notes that I saved. Kids dont do that any more so they think its great! Theres no emotional attachment for me, but its fun to go through it from time to time with my girls!

Uh no, I’ve seen high school dance photos of my (Now ) ex’s with their dates. That’s your time, your memories. Not his.

2 Likes

Your past your memories keep

I mean I wouldn’t like frame it on the way but I think you should put it up somewhere so you can show your kids and whoever else later down the road

1 Like

They’re your memories.
Keep them.

No. They’re pictures of you too. They’re your memories, and reminders of your younger years, the good times you had, and friendships/relationships you had. Everyone has a past, including your husband.

Someday picture will be all are kids have lefted of us

2 Likes

Don’t ever let anyone destroy your memories. You will regret it if you do!!!

1 Like

That’s what photo albums are for

The memories are bigger than your ex. These are pictures of life events, they are history. First dances, homecoming, prom events with the kids of our youth. He needs to get over it.

2 Likes

My goodness that is part of your life, and part of your past. Why should you have to get rid of all of that? It’s one thing if you have them up in frames around your house or you pull them out and look at them and reminisce every day, but sh*t, if they are in a box or a night stand you don’t even look at …maybe your kids want to see them 1 day or as they get older. That’s a little insecure if you can’t handle something from 10 years ago and you’re married to him. What does he think you’re going to do, cheat on him with a picture? And it’s a picture from an event in your life, not like pictures of you two naked together…

1 Like

Keep them. One day when we are gone or even old for that matter that’s all our children will have of us. My moms things got destroyed by my ex husband and I don’t have anything to look back on of her.

If you are in the pics and as long as its not you 2 kissing etc…its fine to keep.

He’s being beyond ridiculous. Why wouldn’t you keep your high-class homecoming photos. That’s way beyond controlling and insecure. What else does he not want you to do. I would really think about this. Is this the first time he has acted like this?

1 Like

It’s yr life in a box…yr memories…as long as u don’t frame and put them up…I would keep them.

Keep them. Getting rid of them bc they’re in the past is like saying we should throw away pics of people after they die! Photos are memories and a record of your past!

Since it is from your dance and stuff keep them. If they were just randoms of you and your ex maybe throw them away but these have more importance

Absolutely not, you do not have to throw out your past or your memories to please a current partner.
They should understand that you had a life and past before them and need to get over it.

He needs to see a therapist

Keep an “ex-box” with anything from your past that you feel you must keep. It’s fine. Tell your man he’ll end up in there too if he keeps up the nonsense.

17 Likes

Keep them. It’s not like you’re displaying them

Keep…they are a time in your life you will never get back…your fun carefree young times…he needs to get over his insecurities

It is not weird to keep them. It’s childhood memories. Your Hudgens has issues

1 Like

I don’t think it’s weird to keep them. They are memories, you can show your kids one day what you wore for homecoming, or just reminisce what you used to look like in highschool when you’re elderly. My grandparents have their old photos too!

Keep them they are your memories. Tell him to stop being insecure. Just put them up so he can’t find them.

I have all of mine in a tote in my basement, clear back from my 8th grade graduation dance in 1997. Every homecoming, every prom, every random high school dance, football game, graduation etc. A lot of those pictures are with my daughters father. Those pictures will go to them when they move out. Those are your memories It would be a different story if you had them framed and hanging on the walls. It sounds to me like your husband has some insecurity issues.

No ,just keep them, they are stories about your life, they mean nothing to him but they do to you.

These are things you keep!! Not strange, not abnormal at all, tell him to feck off

No it’s not weird, it was your childhood

5 Likes

Its memories. I’m sure I probably have one or two as well.

It’s weird to expect you to throw them out.

1 Like

Your husband is insecure and needs help. His insecurities are his problem…not yours. Everyone has a past, and has a right to memories.

3 Likes

I dont think you are wrong. It is part of your past. Dont we all wish we had photos of past events in our lives and thats all they are- photos of past events.

Not weird at all.

They are apart of you and your memories

1 Like

From high school is ok, anything after I’d say no

4 Likes

Ex’s prior to adulthood dont count. I swear some people are petty af

1 Like

I let an ex talk me into throwing out photos, now I regret it because my memory sucks . It would have been nice to keep them

No it’s not weird, I definitely wouldn’t get rid of photos from high school from dances.

You can keep them and respect your need to save old paper memories. Or you can throw them out and respect your current marriage. You’ll always have the memories with you. I would respect my husband’s feelings on this one though.

2 Likes

Lmao my husband has pictures with cheerleaders and all kinds of women from when he went to a football game with his family. It’s his past! He took pictures so what! I have pictures too we ha e looked at them together laughed talked moved on. Keep them those are YOUR memories not his.

3 Likes

No keep them pictures they are your memories and u show ur kids one day

1 Like

Hes feeling insecure, just keep them

1 Like

Well I wouldn’t keep them on display or look at them all the time but maybe he just needs to be reassured.

Keep them. They are memories and a part of your life.

1 Like

This happened to me with old homecoming photos from middle school. I ended up tossing them even though I didn’t really want to :slightly_frowning_face: but I know if my husband had photos with another girl even from way back then I’d probably feel a little hurt too.

I’ve kept mine, but my prom date is also my daughter’s dad. I also have my friends in a lot of those prom photos.

Not weird to keep mementos from your adolescence. These are chronicles of YOU, YOUR coming of age experiences, YOUR life. Not about the ex boyfriends or holding any candles for old flames. Your husband sounds either callous and unsentimental or jealous and petty. Either way, those feelings are HIS problem and you have every right to keep your photos.

2 Likes

No my husband has his prom pictures and it doesn’t bother me.

Nope. As long as you’re in it.:sweat_smile:

I dont understand wanting to keep memories of dances with exs, but I never went to dances so maybe theres meaningfulness elsewhere lol.

Why would you throw them away? He sounds petty and ridiculous. There’s no way I would throw them away

Keep them ,they are your memories as long as they are happy memories

1 Like

I have pics of me and my first love still. Once they’re thrown away you can’t get them back.

We all have a past and that’s what got us to where we are… I say only trash them if YOU want to; not because someone else wants you to.

He is being insecure. I would tell him I am keeping them as memories but I am with him and love him so he has no reason to worry about the past. And put them in a box in the attic or something.

Keep them . Put them away in a box or something

1 Like

Keep them. Its not your fault that he is insecure over photos from years ago. Thats his problem. Throwing them out will be giving into his insecurities and fueling his power over you.

3 Likes

Hell no I’m not throwing them away. My dress was expensive my hair was expensive and my make up was on point.
Who cares about who else is in the photo.

Keep the picture! I still have mine and it’s always nice to take a trip down memorie lane and someday show your kids too it’s part of your past! If your husband has a problem maybe talk to him about why it makes him insecure

1 Like

Don’t throw them away. Unless you’re actually kissing someone else.

Don’t toss your childhood memories! He needs to stop being jealous of a teenager from 10 years ago.

1 Like

Keep them. I have mine. No need for jealously.

No that isn’t wrong at all.

I kept mine. His mom prob still has his at her house… it’s just memories. They aren’t displayed in our home, they’re put away. I would probably feel weird if they were out for everyone to see(mine or his) but i like looking at my old self all dressed up & beautiful at different ages when i come across them. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Memories is all you have when you get old and lonely leave them be

2 Likes

My mom still has prom photos of her and her ex husband (my dad) and my bonus dad don’t mind at all! My dad will actually come to my moms and have dinner with with everyone or go on family outings that my mom and bonus dad planned just so us kids can get time with all of our parents :heart:

2 Likes

Thats like him telling you to delete the memories in your head.

Id keep them, for one day your brain no longer works as well😅

1 Like

You do not have to throw away parts of yourself and your past because of how someone else feels. I would understand regulr photos of you and exes, but this is of a school dance. That is your history, your memories and no one can tell you otherwise. So I am just supposed to be offended that someone dated my spouse before me? Like how dare he? The eff? Do you people not understand how childish that is? Not everyone holds on to memories because that person still gives them a hard on, you weirdos. :100:

It is normal to keep them. They are part of your history. I suggest putting them in a place where they are our of sight our of mind though until your husband its more secure.

There is a world of difference between “living in the past” with photos of you and ex’s up on the walls, versus an old photo (or letter, momento, etc) in a shoebox with other things from your past. No one should begrudge you your history.

1 Like

Perhaps he could go through your yearbooks and draw devil horns and mustaches on everbody while he’s at it, juvenile insecurity is not one of features you were attracted to I’ll bet

3 Likes

Dont throw them away I still have mine its years old its just a picture

1 Like

I’m so glad my mom didn’t bc now that she is gone I have them it doesn’t matter if they are with and ex I could understand if the guy in question was someone you still spoke to or continued to flirt with lol but I’m gonna assume he not so the guy needs to take a chill pill :sweat_smile: your kids will love being able to see what you looked like then and unfortunately life is short so many more things to be worried about then an old picture

That’s gross. Like he’s trying to chop off a part of your life. Keep them because memories are nice and there’s no reason you should have to throw them away. Gross behavior on his part.

1 Like

My mom’s fiance expects her to toss out any and all photos with my dad. Whether they be of him and her or him and us as babies. I think its stupid honestly. My dad was abusive and he ended up passing away right after their divorce. But while I can understand my mom not wanting to keep any photos of them or of him herself, she wants to let us have them if we’d like, but her finace is firmly against even that. She has to sneak stuff to us if we want it. It’s ridiculous. :roll_eyes::unamused:

3 Likes

That’s kind of toxic and controlling… you were a child… those are memories from your child hood… I could see throwing out a picture from like the most recent ex’s from just a year ago or something … but not from your childhood. I never went to dances so I don’t have any pictures like that… but my fiancé has pictures from all of his dances with several different girls. Idc! He was a different person. He was a little boy and they were little girls. They look different. They all live different lives. And probably wouldn’t recognize each other if they saw one another today. Silly nonsense

2 Likes

It’s important to keep pictures of your childhood and teenage years. It’s your history.

2 Likes

It would be different if you had cheated or something that would cause insecurity in my opinion, but that doesn’t sound like the case. Keep them, that is for you and your children and parents to see that part of your life.

2 Likes

Um no? Keep those! They are memories!

3 Likes

My ex hated me having anything from past boyfriends. My husband doesn’t care. Ask yours why he cares so much.

It’s memories . If it makes him feel better maybe I’d cut out the ex from the photos but it shouldn’t be THAT big a deal

Why get rid of your memories? Don’t. Tell your hubby to suck it. It may be crass but…

I have all my high school photos as does my husbabd. They are tucked away but we recently showed my 14 year old daughter. It’s fine.

3 Likes

Keep the pictures. It’s part of your past and later your kids might want to see old photos.

3 Likes

They are your past. That is what made you who you are today. You cannot wipe out your life. It was, is and always will be. He’s just who you chose to finish your life’'s journey with. Keep them.

1 Like

I still have all my old photos dont throw them out, its literally memories of you life you will never get back, tell you partner to shop being so bloody immature :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t throw them those are YOUR memories!!!

2 Likes

No it’s not wrong. We all have a past. It’s memories of our younger years. Keep them! Put them in an :incoming_envelope: & put them away.

1 Like

Your life and memories. I wouldn’t.

Your husband is being a twit for being stupid. Sorry. Can’t change history by tearing down a statue, but you can learn and move on and make different choices. Obviously he is your choice, why would he want to throw away your life experiences?