Is my daughters dad calling her to much?

How often do you talk to your daughter? More then 1 hour a day? Let him build his relationship with her. A lot of dad’s do not care to be in their child’s life.

3 Likes

I feel like every hour is a bit to extreme. When my kids are with me, they talk to their dad once before bed every day and vise versa when they are with him on his weeks.

2 Likes

Speak up. Schedule a time

My dad never called me. Be grateful that he is even talking to her. It may seem inconvenient for you but it’s not about you, it’s about him wanting to talk to his daughter

3 Likes

Calling 2 maybe 3 times a day I can understand but every hour is a bit much. You have to set a standard on times when he can call so that is doesn’t disrupt YOUR schedule. I’m sure you appreciate him making the effort but you have to set boundaries.

It’s his daughter so he should be able to call whenever he wants. But it’s your right not to answer if you don’t want to. If you’re busy just don’t answer and call him back when it’s convenient for you to let them talk. Pretty simple.

Every hour is a bit much. I’d set up a schedule he can call or FaceTime her she deserves to talk to her dad.

What if she was with him all the time, how often would you call just to hear her voice or listen while she breathed? Be careful placing restrictions, they’ll always come back to bite you later

1 Like

Please be happy about it… the last time I seen my dad was 10-15 years ago… only heard from him a couple times in those years… now I’m waiting on his ashes to come in the mail… may seem annoying now but at least he’s active in her life.

1 Like

I think I’d have to hear some more to this story. Did he recently move out? Used to seeing her all day? Did you just split? It is kinda weird honestly. I’d just tell him you have things to do and he can call at certain times.

Set up a schedule. Whatever works for you. That’s excessive. Talking to her everyday is great! Calling every hour is ridiculous. That would annoy me lol I wouldnt pick up.

2 Likes

Schedule the times and don’t answer if it’s outside the schedule. Turn off your data and use wifi if he keeps calling. The calls won’t be able to go through to you.

Set a schedule so he’s not being so invasive in the daily routine

1 Like

As someone whose baby daddy hasn’t even bothered to meet my 3 year old daughter I’d appreciate that kind of effort.

3 Likes

Sounds like he needs a job

11 Likes

Be Thankful & Grateful he wants too be involved in his childs life & obviously wants her too know how much he loves her & too reassure her that her Daddy cares about how she is learning,growing & changing every day.If he was a dead beat parent,then that by far is worst.

2 Likes

Definitely set a time. Twice a day, if that works for you. Maybe after breakfast and before bed. Every hour is excessive and seems to be controlling your life.

2 Likes

Least he wants to he a dad

2 Likes

i’d limit it to 3 times. i understand both sides. my kids dads don’t have anything to do with them. but i’m also a busy mother. once in the morning, around lunch, and evening. maybe right before bed. but every hour is excessive

1 Like

He misses her. It’s sad you think a father’s love is such inconvenience.

9 Likes

If the phone calls are to much set up the laptop n let them zoom set up zoom times read a book together or something

2 Likes

Maybe let her have some quality time with him

Maybe attempt to set a schedule of times when they can talk that is best for everyone but try to go into it in a positive way. Prayers for you all as your attempt to coparent. Glad she has two parents in her life wanting as much time with her as possible, lucky little girl💕

That’s way too much. You can still co-parent in a healthy way and let him talk to her a few times a day but you need to set boundaries because when she’s with you, that is your time he is constantly interrupting.

2 Likes

That’s really weird and controlling. It’s good he wants to know her but she must have limited communication!
I’d try and make up a schedule . Yes she’s his child, but it has to be reasonable!
Do you have court ordered access? If not , maybe think about that?

To all those saying be grateful. Nah. That’s ridiculous.

Yes that’s too much. You have a life. He can schedule the time and talk to those times. No judge will ever side with him once an hour is okay.

7 Likes

Stop telling her to be grateful. Just because you had babies with dead beats, doesn’t mean she has to be grateful hes blowing up her phone every minute, good lord. That’s not helpful or productive advice and makes you look extremely bitter.

That being said, what kind of relationship do you have with him? Are you two able to have an open and productive conversation and maybe set up scheduled calls?

16 Likes

I see what your saying. I would definitely up time frames to make it easier

Wonder if it is a you thing maybe he’s checking up on you too

7 Likes

Those saying it’s not excessive and for this mother to suck it up. Would you feel the need to call your toddler every hour if you were working? All it does is cut into day to day routine and no court would ever grant this to happen on a court order.
Maybe a good morning call and goodnight call but every hour is just silly.
I would not be answering my phone and would not allow his calls to come through unless it’s morning or night time. After all it’s not about what the parents want it’s about what is best for the child/children so if he’s lonely he needs to work on himself not use his toddler to satisfy his loneliness rather than interfering with his daughters day to day routine.

3 Likes

I think that seems a bit much, try and talk with him to see if you could set up specific times. Say once in the morning and once in the evening?

Imagine you kid wasn’t with you, how much would you miss them? Im a sahm and I’d die if all I could do is call m kid day to day and not actually be with them. Im sure he has his custody days, but ever other day without them would be hard for a parent that misses them

It’s good he wants to talk to her so much, but I’d try making a call schedule or something

Dont you dare keep that man from calling his baby.

1 Like

That is a bit to much no matter what. My daughters dad thinks he has to be at my house every minute she is here. Uh no we have a life also and setting up a schedule yes so he gets time also but he is just controlling and no that is not ok.

3 Likes

I set a scheduled time, my daughter talks to her dad at 7 o’clock every night for however long she wants to stay on the phone. She just turned three.

2 Likes

He’s just trying to control you by calling all the time. You can call him back 3 to 4 times a day, but even that is already a lot. I simply wouldn’t pick up the other times

3 Likes

Way too much if its every hour. Answer once, any other calls let go to voicemail if its gonna cut into yout day to.day life.

1 Like

Yes that’s excessive. Sounds like he just wants to monopolise your time. Set times he can contact like before bedtime or dinner. Answering him every time he calls shows he still has control over you, your day and your time. Set clear boundaries so you can all have some peace. Save his money on calls, help provide something for your little one to look forward to while allowing you to continue your day without constant interruption. Even a court system would not grant him allowance to call every hour on the hour every day. If laying down the rules sets him off then it’s time to seek orders as unwanted and unnecessary contact so often is actually an offence. Harassment via telecommunications and if you collect all the info of how often this can then be used as evidence. For the best outcome, speak your peace, let him know how often, when is acceptable and keep to what’s agreed. Good luck

1 Like

That is way too much. Set up a time each day n that is that. He doesn’t like it, too bad.

Once a day at most. We speak to my bonus son 2x a week on set days/times. Court order is the way to go and enforce it

I dont think u need to be grateful that he is calling at all, this is nothing to do what other fathers do its about ur situation and what’s hhappening here. I think its way too much, its not a normal situation, what if u decide to work he can’t ring then, what happens when she starts pre school or school, he won’t be able to then, if he says he misses her tell him he can take her extra hours and maybe set times to ring maybe morning and evening before bedtime x i would definitely put a stop to it x

5 Likes

Like we don’t know you what’s your deal ha maybe something up with you lol

3 Likes

I have a 3 and 5 yr whose dad hasnt made even a fourth of an effort (we’ve been split since my 5yr was 8months) honestly sure its annoying to you but I doubt your daughter feels the same she feels loved and thought about and probably misses him as much as he does her and wants her to know he hasnt forgot about her… my boys would love if they felt that after him not being close that he still cared but it’s been close to 4 months and not a single call sure talk to him but dont cut out his day time calls altogether that’s cruel to your daughter you need to step outside of your own feelings of it being an inconvenience and think of her maybe every other hr it’s only about 12 where shes not sleeping or napping

Ignore the calls and only answer if you aren’t busy :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

This has everything to do with power and control I would advise you to look at the power and control wheel and see if any of those dynamics fit I believe this is more about controlling you than it has anything to do with talking to a two-year-old I would start to research control

5 Likes

Think about how you would feel if the roles was switched. You’d want to interact as much as you can with your child. You get the priveledge of seeing your child 24/7 you get the milestones first hand. He doesn’t get that luxury. Be grateful he is there wanting contact.

2 Likes

It sounds annoying … But also sad :weary:

That’s a bit excessive, definitely set a time and boundaries. You have a life as well and if he’s calling that much for and since it seems he has time on his hands. Offer to have him pick her up to spend time together.

Just don’t answer when you feel he is calling too much. I think once or twice a day is sufficient. Any more than that is overboard. Especially a toddler . I mean what the hell is he even discussing with a toddler lol?

4 Likes

If you weren’t with your child how often would you call and check on her? Just let him know you’re busy and let her call him every couple hours when you have time. It’s hard on a parent whether it’s a mom or dad to be away from their kids. Maybe get her one of those toddler tablets that works on WiFi so she can FaceTime him instead of it going through your phone if it bothers you that much.

9 Likes

Not y’all commenting “be grateful” lol tell me you’re bitter without telling me you’re bitter

1 Like

There’s a ton of gaslighting. Sorry OP.

6 Likes

Had this problem with my bfs ex. She constantly called and bsed all the time. 5-10 times a day. She talked to him more than I talked to him… and would not respect boundaries. She would constantly say it was related to their child. But it never was. She just wanted to control him from a distance. And still feel like she was “part” of his life. It’s a tactic. In my opinion.

Set boundaries. And ask nicely if he can call maybe just at night or morning and night time call…

2 Likes

That does sound excessive, might be a good idea to schedule maybe a morning and night time call. She’s still young and I’m sure is on a schedule that could be getting thrown with all that calling.

1 Like

I understand it is a bit much on you… but I am wondering, how close was he with her when you were together? I couldn’t imagine being away from my child and I’d probably be doing the same. However if he was never very close with her before then I would be suspicious of his reasoning. Have you talked to him about making a schedule? Maybe have him take her more often so he gets more in person time with her?

2 Likes

These comments are wild!!! Set a few specific times for him to call!

2 Likes

sounds like youre jealous that he wants to be in contact with his daughter instead of you.

10 Likes

Does he work? If so, how can he find time to call with a full time job? Seems excessive but at least he’s making an effort. Let him know and make a compromise that works for you both.

8 Likes

I’d try and set up a schedule when he can call. Every hour throughout the day is too much, my opinion youre literally having to drop what you’re doing to cater to his parenting. Would he do the same for you?

Maybe have him buy her a phone, if he wants to call so much he can call her himself

That sounds controlling on his end, I’d make it scheduled hours. Every hour is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Get her an iPad and make a google account for her

You are allowed to be grateful and thankful your child’s father is calling and super interested in being a part of your child’s life while ALSO setting boundaries for yourself. And that’s what you can say to him too, let him know you’re super thankful and happy he loves to speak with his daughter but it’s just hard for you to always be available and then Give him maybe 2 times that generally work for you that he can call, and if he wants to call outside of that on some days maybe ask him to text first if it’s a good time. You are allowed space and boundaries!

37 Likes

My bd use to use calling my son as an excuse to make it seem like he a good dad when he was just seeing who I had in my house…

9 Likes

Plus she’s TWO, the hell are you going to talk to a two year old about EVERY HOUR? “hey how many Dino nuggets did you eat?? You said an hour ago only 3”

That’s probably annoying to her and you :joy:

3 Likes

Get her an iPad so they can FaceTime on that.

4 Likes

Just talk to him about calling at specific times when you know you won’t be busy. Make sure to tell him you’re not trying to cut into his time to talk with her or scold him for wanting to, but you do get busy so it would be nice if he could try to keep calls to 2-3 specific times when it works for everyone. He might not even realize he’s inconveniencing you so definitely let him know.

He’s her parent too. You get to see and be with her daily. It’s moments he’s missing not being with her. Be thankful he’s there and wants to be apart of her life. He could definitely be a deadbeat but he’s not. Sounds to me you want to control the situation. It’s more of an annoyance to you than anything.

9 Likes

Even though it is wonderful that he wants to talk to her I think this is more about controlling you
Set him some boundaries perhaps once in the morning, maybe lunchtime and then to say goodnight
If he calls any other time don’t answer the phone
You have the right to not have your day set around his calls
Even though he is her dad remember he is your ex
Sending love and healing :two_hearts:

He should have access to his child. Maybe suggest he get her a cell phone so they can talk as much as they like.

2 Likes

I understand completely how that could be frustrating but I will say be grateful he is an invested father :heart:

3 Likes

Schedule a nightly call as part of her bedtime routine. Eat dinner, get a bath, talk to Dad, read a story, sleep. That way it doesn’t cut into your day, he gets updates about his daughters day, and everyone wins. It might not be a bad idea to send him a picture or two of you guys doing stuff throughout your day :relaxed:

4 Likes

Set up a calling schedule and if he won’t go by that don’t answer until scheduled times.

2 Likes

Make it a 10 minute phone call at the same time each day.

1 Like

Document every time he calls and how long he ties up your phone.

1 Like

She is two what can she really even understand when he talks to her

2 Likes

I would ask that he keeps it at one call in the morning and one call at night.

1 Like

yeah that’s excessive af

My kids dad got her a phone so he can call her. He’s always always calling her. I love it. He doesn’t get her as much as me. Be thankful

P.S. I call me 2 year old granddaughter a lot too lol. She talks up a storm with me. FaceTime anyway.

1 Like

Set boundaries. He can call once per day between whatever hours you decide that work with his schedule. Give him a window such as once per day between 2 and 4pm. If he continues to harass you (and yes, calling every hour is harassment) block his number until it is his designated time frame to call. I understand this may sound “extreme” to some - but what OP ex is doing is a form of abusive control that many emotional/mental/psychological abusers use to further harass and control the other parent. It doesn’t allow the other parent and child to engage in uninterrupted quality time with child.

4 Likes

In most parenting plans, they can add set times/days for contact. For example: Every evening at 7:15pm

We aren’t getting the whole story here

7 Likes

Once or twice a day - at breakfast and/or before bed is fine. This isn’t ok. He needs to get a grip

6 Likes

Letting this continue will set an example of very unhealthy relationships in the future, too. If she ever has a boyfriend, she will think it’s normal that he wants to keep tabs on what she’s doing 100% of the time. This isn’t good nor healthy.

4 Likes

Haha wow! Yep I agree, give him a time frame 1-2 times a day

2 Likes

I would just respectfully explain to him that you have a busy schedule, and while you are thankful that he wants to talk to his daughter so much, it is making it difficult to do things in your day to day life… Have a respectful conversation with him about setting specific times that work for both of you… Maybe morning and evening before bed… I would atleast offer once a day

2 Likes

i called my kids every night for years before bedtime , mostly for them to know i was there , sometimes it was to read a bedtime story , but i never nagged my ex like That guy. that’s just his way of keeping tabs on her and a foot in the household imho.

6 Likes

Give him times when you are available IN WRITING. Most states only allow once or twice a week, so just try your best to be flexible. Then, don’t answer the phone outside of that schedule. You have to work and care for her, too! Make sure to tell him how appreciative you are of his efforts to communicate with her so you aren’t labeled as an alienator. I’m so sick of women not being able to set boundaries so the men in their lives can use them as door mats! Good luck, Mama!

2 Likes

Look it may get you frustrated. HOWEVER he is making the effort to be in her life. Don’t take that for granted some daddies just don’t give a shit

6 Likes

I would set times, you need your time and he has his time! Do you do it when he has her?

1 Like

You don’t habe to answer the call. Give him a time to call every day limit it.

Get her a separate phone with parental controls.

1 Like

Mine video calls through out the day kids enjoy talking to him while at work. We are still together and live together but he doesn’t see the kids much during the week due to work

Clearly he misses his child, perhaps reassess access so he can spend more time with her.

2 Likes

It sounds like he’s trying to keep tabs on you I mean every hour?? That’s crazy how long ago did y’all split

3 Likes

Yeah I feel as though there is a major part of the story missing. Usually mom’s that have something to hide complain about this stuff because they want to play victim

5 Likes

You are complaining that he is trying to be a good father and be a part of his daughter’s life. It’s about her, not you.

If it is actually impacting your life in a negative way, then schedule for him to call once in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening. And do just the mornings and evenings if work is an issue. Honestly you should be greatful to him and happy for your daughter that he is putting in so much effort

2 Likes

At the divorce, there is usually set up times for the ex to visit etc so if it becomes a problem it can be fixed.

1 Like

I’d say call at 6 once a day after dinner before bed or in the morning once a day if that she’s 2 at least he wants to talk to her but calling all day every hour is a bit much

1 Like