Is my husband wrong for walking away when we fight?

Rather him walk away than hit u or something but if u argue that much then give it a rest!

7 Likes

You’re literally SUPPOSED to walk away when you’re getting overwhelmed or overly upset, he has every right to walk away. But he also needs to still finish whatever disagreement/discussion after he’s had a moment to recollect himself. If the hearing him go off to himself is what’s stressing you out go for a walk or listen to music when you know he’s doing it so you don’t have to just sit and listen

6 Likes

It is kind of immature. My husband does it too, and it just makes me more angry.

1 Like

Then follow him and loudly answer everything he says

2 Likes

Nah say it to my face if you still got something to say :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl: walking away is acceptable. But not that.

4 Likes

He’s right mostly…you are provoking…pushing…escalating the fight…that won’t solve a thing…,all you get is screaming…nothing solved…talk when things cool down…

1 Like

Sounds toxic… if need to talk than talk… you can still hear all that hurtful stuff.

Walking away to calm down is fine. Talking loudly enough so the other person can hear it. Toxic and immature.

9 Likes

Count yourself lucky he walks away

3 Likes

it could be wrong but also right, mine does it too. he rails me up, i gett mad then he doesnt want to talke about it and walkes away. i,am still angry because i didnt gett to say what i wanted in the first place.

If the argument gets that bad that he can’t see a way of resolving the issue maybe it’s a good thing he walks away from it …. Takes a very strong will to walk away, and depending on his temper he might feel his rage coming to the surface and walking away to calm down so he doesn’t do anything he will regret …

1 Like

It is better than hitting you.

Yes it’s ok, sometimes it’s needed so we don’t say hurtful stuff to one another. We walk it off, think about it and come back to talk with a clear head

I think he is doing the right thing in removing himself before he gets upset enough to either say or do something he will really regret.
But he still needs to vent, allow him to vent in which ever way he needs to because after that he will calm down and be able to think more clearly.
Don’t take it personally, just be thankful that this is how he is handling a volatile situation, instead of hitting you or something like that.

1 Like

Did you watch the Amber Heard vs Johnny Depp trial? He also had to try get away from her because she was always fighting with him. She also bullied him for walking away.

Why are you trying to win every argument even if it’s at the cost of your marriage?
It’s not worth it.
Ask for his opinion and listen to it. If you don’t like his opinion then maybe you should walk away, think about it and try discuss it later when you aren’t angry.

2 Likes

It’s absolutely alright for him to walk away, it’s not alright for him to not finish speaking with you about how things went wrong, communicating, etc. Honestly, if it gives you anxiety, I’m assuming that you have some unresolved issues. Walking away is the proper thing to do if it’s getting off point and isnt productive. You have to learn to step away, too, if he upsets you, not chase him down to force him to solve an issue. If he’s not communicating, that’s a separate issue

3 Likes

You both sound very childish honestly

If he needs a minute, give it to him

My husband is a gentle soul, so when I get passionate about an issue, he sometimes just walks away. When we had a heart to heart, about it he said he has to walk away because he doesn’t want to shout at me, or say something he can’t take back, which is fair. Maybe try think of it that way. Also once you both calm, you can have a more civilized conversation. Good luck.

1 Like

It is 100% wonderful to walk away if you feel upset or that the disagreement is no long on a productive route.
Use that time to see if you are overreacting or find a way to reach a resolution that is not selfish but actually a resolution.

The biggest thing is, walk away but always come back together when calm to resolve the issue.
Unresolved disagreements become a festering resentment.

Sometimes, partners need to go to sleep angry, wake up angry and then rethink the situation

As humans, we’re irrational when our feelings are in the mix. He’s doing what he thinks is best, walking away until everyone’s calmed down.

In saying this, addressing the situation at a later date is a must, otherwise it will just keep happening

My childhood therapist told me to walk away from arguments and disagreements if they become too much for me. I still use her advice because I have high anxiety and arguments can become too much and cause me to have chest pains and a fast heart rate.

1 Like

You’re toxic for not allowing him self care.

2 Likes

You get anxiety because he walks away during an argument?!?! You sound like a bit if a dram queen tbh.

1 Like

You both are toxic and need to learn how to communicate with one another. I do understand it from his perspective as I also sometimes walk away incase I say something out of anger that I will regret so what is his reasoning for doing it?

You married a child. That’s not communication. That’s a tantrum. Once in a while we need to walk away and come back but if it’s every time that’s not coming back to solve the issue.

You’re wrong, I walk away when I argue with my hubby so we can both have space and de stress otherwise we’d continue to bash heads. It’s healthier to walk away and breath and calm yourself

I think it’s toxic for you to not allow him to go into another room and vent. That’s how things become physical, when you don’t give them a minute to breathe. Let hun have some time to himself to cool down, whatever his method may be!

Apparently he does still want to talk… maybe just not to you…?
This way he gets to say what he wants, finishes the argument and feels he got the last word.
:thinking:

Walking away is good for either of you if you need to cool off, but calmly communicating needs to be followed up, so you two can resolve whatever the issue really is.

That’s not your boundary to have. It’s his to walk away from situations he’s uncomfortable with

I too walk away when I’m angry! I do it because I’m getting ready to explode or feel that it’s getting nowhere’s. Respect his decision to take a break.