Is there a name for what my sister is doing?

Munchousian, they use tragedy or create tragedy for attention

7 Likes

Narcissist, Fraud, con artist there’s $$ financial motivation for her this is illegal. If she’s accepting $ from the men it’s extortion by way of fraud.

2 Likes

she is mentally unstable watch out… cause she might get you in trouble with her antics

3 Likes

It is called Munchausen by proxy. There are several well documented cases about this. She thrives on the attention these actions give her. She needs some serious help.

7 Likes

She’s hustling fr smh

1 Like

Some people are not mentally ill and know what they are doing yet act like they dont just to get away with it.

3 Likes

i would say a mental health eval would be the first step. i know you can’t make someone get help if they don’t want too. she doesn’t sound mentally stable to be raising a child.

2 Likes

I’m very concerned for your sister’s child and being raised by such a mentally unstable individual with obvious issues. Your sister needs help and it’s imperative that your parents are made aware of your concerns. I would recommend an intervention.

7 Likes

Mental Illness :broken_heart:

My little sister does this and has a chemical imbalance + Schizophrenic & ptsd.
Your post described my sister 100%. Hopefully she can get help through MHMRA. :blue_heart::pray:t3:My heart is with yll

4 Likes

Mental Illness :broken_heart:

My little sister does this and has a chemical imbalance + Schizophrenic & ptsd.
Your post described my sister 100%. Hopefully she can get help through MHMRA. :blue_heart::pray:t3:My heart is with yll

The only thing I could ever do is just love my sister, keep our distance and always let her know that we love her.

1 Like

Is it munchausin syndrome they do it for attention

3 Likes

She’s a scammer, people do it all the time of fb, all the time, your 2000 miles away, don’t fight with her, leave her to your parents until they ask for you opinion, which I know will be hard but sooner or later your parents will get lured of it but will need to talk, be their for them and let your sister do her thing and just be thankful their there for the baby

1 Like

Most imaging has a date on it but your ultrasound may be an exception, but there is nothing psychologically juicy here, your sister is just a garden variety scam artist, if she isnt a tweeker she certainly is using the playbook

4 Likes

I’d say some form of mental illness, not sure what though. Hard to say. Mental illness is so complex. Deff manipulation. Attention seeking behavior for her own benefit, financially.

2 Likes

Yeah…it’s called clinically insane or a scam artist and should probably be seeing a therapist!

If you wanted, you could probably get custody of her child with the proof that you have if she refuses to get help!

Mental health issues.

2 Likes

Mental illness or just looking for attention!

4 Likes

hough it is rare, pseudocyesis (“false pregnancy” or “phantom pregnancy”) is a serious emotional and psychological condition. Psychological factors trick the body into believing that it’s pregnant.

1 Like

It could be POST PARTUM DEPRESSION!

1 Like

I can relate, my sister has done this. It only gets worse if they aren’t getting help. Research Borderline Personality Disorder.

2 Likes

I’d be more scared for the child and call protective services on her. Also if she’s getting money from men for “child support” they can press charges against her. I’d have zero contact with her and I wouldn’t post any pics of my kids where she can get a hold of them.

2 Likes

Your sister is a psychotic bitch. Manipulating men, using your families pain for her personal gain. She is not mentally stable and seems unfit to raise a child, is the child safe with her?? What she is doing is wrong on every level, I’m so sorry for your whole family.

She’s psychotic and needs lots of help. She prob should be thrown in a psych ward and your parents should take custody/care of her child until she’s medicated and proves she’s sane enough to raise her own kid. That’s some toxic shit right there. I’d also cut her off 🤷 idc if you’re family or not if you’re bad for me or my family you’re gone from our life.

She’s a pathological liar with some other mental issues.

Pathological liars lie to gain sympathy and attention. Most often, they lie about trauma, death, illness, etc.

It usually runs in line with personality disorders.

8 Likes

Oh how sad for your family, I think she needs help

1 Like

She is a narcissistic sociopathic danger to herself and the people around her .she cares only about herself and she could care less who she steps on to get what she wants .I know a few people that are exactly the same you absolutely cannot convince her she is mentally ill either .she will laugh in your face and tell you that you are the mental case!

2 Likes

I know a girl who fakes pregnancies all the time and right before it’s time for the baby she tells everyone that it was still born and she has mental problems

1 Like

Call DSS in her area and report her. Seems like Histrionic personality disorder.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your feedback.:heart:

1 Like

munchausen by proxy?

4 Likes

Time to call Dr. Phil

4 Likes

Your parents need to deem her unfit, take custody of the infant and kick her ass out. If I was doing that shit under my parents roof my mom would beat me back and blue. Fuck all that.

A psycho with personality disorder

5 Likes

Pathological Liar comes to mind for a name……

4 Likes

She is committing extortion/fruad. That is a crime! These charges will be numerous felony counts. It is not a matter of IF but WHEN this will happen. Sooner or later her attempts to extort money will bring legal or even lethal repercussions. If I were you I would be worried about being implicated as an accessory. The pictures are yours. You know about her criminal activities. Although you don’t aprove of her actions you allow her to continue committing serious crimes using your property. This has to stop. Get her to a mental health professional or have her arrested. It is a tough call especially when dealing with a family member but her actions must be addressed. Do it now! If she lives at home this could cause legal problems/trouble for your parents as well. Sit down with the family for a conversation as well as a plan of action to stop her ILLEGAL activities. Good luck!

4 Likes

How is she getting pictures? Stop it.

1 Like

Some sort of mental illness. Your parents are doing her zero favors by letting it continue

4 Likes

She’s a disgusting person who doesn’t deserve her child.

4 Likes

Report everything she uses on her Facebook and other platforms and take the pictures down unfortunately if she doesn’t have anything to fake with she can’t fake it anymore

Borderline personality disorder.

3 Likes

Stop her before it goes so far that she kills a woman to steal her baby

4 Likes

If she’s profiting money from other people, it’s called a scam and yes it’s illegal to scam people

2 Likes

Narcissist, pathological liar, psycho , I feel bad for her child. You and your family should let child services know about her behaviour because can endanger this child. She is not mentally stable and you and your family should let everyone know about what she does so she at least start feeling a little of embarrassment.

6 Likes

She is probably suffers with borderline personality disorder. I highly recommend you research it. Unfortunately, there is no treatment.

2 Likes

This honestly just sounds like a scam. And what can you even do legally? She is giving sob stories and getting money. I don’t think you can legally get her in trouble

1 Like

I would contact a therapist, but one that is like a whole team that do outpatient services! Something mentally is going on as it’s not normal behavior to an average person but to her it is normal (she may even be making herself believe most things as well) but yes there is a name for it and just reach out to therapist that have outpatient services that are more intense (intensive outpatient therapy) and let them know everything and it may even be possible that they commit her if they feel she really believes these things in her mind) at least til they can help her through it! But seriously get her help! There is a condition mentally that can cause these actions kind of like skitz (not sure on spelling lol)

1 Like

It sounds like the mental illness called Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy this is a mental illness that predominantly effects women. A woman with this mental illness will fake pregnancies, miscarriages, illness or the like for attention. They can also do so on their child as well and cause or fake issues with their children for attention. It’s a serious disorder that requires mental health treatment. One of the more famous cases is the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard whose mother faked illness after illness with her and made her go through several surgeries and take many medications until she was ultimately murdered by her daughter and her daughter’s boyfriend. Keep a close eye on your sister’s baby and also try to get her some help even if you need her to be committed forcibly.

13 Likes

Sounds like she’s narcissistic. People who show this behaviour have underlying mental illness

2 Likes

Munchhausen’s Syndrome

3 Likes

Sounds like Borderline personality disorder. She needs a good therapist who can help her.

2 Likes

Extortion! Jail bait….

4 Likes

I hate women like that

1 Like

Find her a job she has way to much time on her hands

2 Likes

Borderline personality

2 Likes

Pretty sure she is basically blackmailing them or basically extortion. Pretty positive that she could get into trouble for it if you reported it and sued her for damages.

3 Likes

Sounds like she needs her ass beat! That’s just wrong. I’d be pissed too. Sorry you’re dealing with this, but she needs to be cut off from the family completely! Your parents are enabling her behaviors by not making her work and support HER child. That child is no one’s responsibility but hers!

Get your family to sue her for for emotional damages by her using their babies loss to scam money oit of people, or let the police know shes a scammer, its illegal and she can be arrested…then the ball will begin to roll…think about her baby not her, that baby deserves a better life then what she can/will give…

3 Likes

Munchhausen Syndrome with a bit of con artist thrown in for good measure. Definitely a mental disorder, likely an unhealthy combination of a few. Be cautious as munchhausen can easily turn to munchhausen by proxy and that baby would need definite protection.

11 Likes

Munchausen by proxy. If not exactly, then pretty close. She’s looking the attention she gets from it.

5 Likes

She’s scum. That’s the word.

Munchhausen’s Syndrome, there’s a tv show on hulu about it

6 Likes

Narcissists will do whatever they can as long as they get away with it. No consequences. No change. Best to let your parents deal with it and you go on with your life. Like completely leave the family drama and don’t engage at all. Tell your family you don’t want to hear about it at all. Suggest they do the same. 2000 miles is a good enough distance to never think about her at all.

4 Likes

Kayla who does this sound like.

1 Like

Sounds like she needs professional help badly!!

3 Likes

Yeah…it’s called a psychopath. As a mother of a stillborn child I would be livid with her for claiming that loss as her own and using it to manipulate someone. She needs some serious help!

8 Likes

she needs mental help ASAP

3 Likes

Extortion and blackmail IS FEDERALLY ILLEGAL. I believe its also a felony. If you can find proof and witnesses she could be locked up for good and the kid would be placed with someone thats more equipped to raise a child than her.

Extortion. Fraud. I would report her to the authorities, press charges, then block her ass on EVERYTHING. Drop her. It’s only going to get worse. Much, much worse.

She’s got issues holy shit

Warn her that what she is doing could be thought of as identity theft and she could end up in jail for it.

3 Likes

Jail time Charge her

1 Like

Sounds like she is craving attention and clearly going about it the wrong way. Agree with the other recommendations that she needs mental health expertise.

1 Like

She’s definitely got some mental health issues that need addressed ASAP. If she’s using ultrasound pics that aren’t her own and lying about pregnancies to get money out of men I’m pretty sure that’s illegal. That seems like fraud to me.

1 Like

She is “gaslighting” these men and and whether it is due to mental illness or just because she has gotten away with this for such a long time she needs to be reported or get help.

1 Like

I would be worried about her child. She needs help!

2 Likes

She is definitely mentally unstable needs to see a psychiatrist Asapp

1 Like

I’d be letting her ex bf know about it and letting them know they can press charges and force her into getting help

5 Likes

DR.PHIL or Steve wilkos

2 Likes

Could be a type of postpartum depression

She needs professional help. Good luck with all of that.

1 Like

Personality disorder.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Is there a name for what my sister is doing? - Mamas Uncut

She definitely needs behavioral/mental health assistance. As far as legally, if she gained financially from any of this, it’s considered theft by fraud. Your state’s laws may differ from mine though.

5 Likes

Factitious disorder. It’s in the dsm-v, she needs behavioral health assistance

3 Likes

If I was her mother she would be admitted to the hospital to get help and I would file emergency custody of the child. Clearly your sister is mental unhealthy and needs help before she ends up getting herself or someone else hurt. This isn’t okay and I am so sorry for your loss and for your family

17 Likes

It sounds like mental illness for sure. I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. Sending hugs and prayers. :yellow_heart:

Not normal at all. I would defiantly be getting a restraining order to protect your kids and cut her off. I would also call CPS and ask for a wellness check to be done on her kids.

She needs help to figure out what is motivating her to do these things…a really good therepist

I feel like that’s digital kidnapping. Or something along those lines if she’s using pictures of someone else’s baby as her own. There was an episode on Dr Phil of someone doing the same thing

She needs mental health help, for sure. It sounds like she may have Borderline Personality Disorder or something similar.

My sister actually did very very similar to me back in 1992. She has since done way worse. She needs help as does yoyr sister. This is NOT normal. This is a severe mental illness! My sister has hurt MANY innocent people in her path

1 Like

There’s legit a medical condition like this. I can’t remember the name. It’s a very serious mental illness. She needs help and I know it’s awful what she did. But, try to get her the help instead of just being hostile.

1 Like

She’s obviously having mental health issues. Tell someone about that, like the police maybe? And something should definitely be done about her child situation. She should definitely not be raising a child when she’s having issues like that!

She’s definitely dealing with something, yikes! Postpartum and a healthy dose of narcissistic insanity is my guess. I’m so sorry this is happening

Why would u want 2 get her in trouble when she obviously needs some serious help?..

It is called Münchausen syndromeIt is when a person does something to gain sympathy from others. Have you ever seen the movie the act it is on Hulu this woman had a syndrome she had her child believing she could not walk until she was 16 or 17 years of age she went as far as even extracting all the girls teeth She had a doctors fooled it was crazy. I would be really concerned being that she has a child of her own because these people will go as far as poisoning their own children to make them sick so people can feel sorry for them. Definitely try to watch the movie called the act it is on Hulu if you do not have Hulu you can get a free trial but it will definitely shed some light On what a person will do with this condition maybe you can show your parents the movie and make them watch it and they can understand how dangerous this can beI would really be concerned for the well-being of her child I hope this helps and yes she can get in legal trouble if she is making a financial gain from anything she has done

I would think something like Munchausen’s Syndrome

3 Likes

She needs to go to jail so she’ll learn :roll_eyes:

The people in here calling her psycho bitch is not right she has mental health issues your mother needs to take her to a psychiatrist and find out what is going on with your sister I am so sorry this is going on but obviously this is not a normal behavior

Emotional blackmail!!!

1 Like