Is this too much for childcare?

Wow you have it cheap over there. In Australia we pay $125 per day :flushed:

4 Likes

If I could afford it I would pay more to keep my kid in a place where he is loved and well taken care of vs going to a New place where you have no idea how he will be treated.

The fact that she is not a licensed daycare facility and charging that much is a tad expensive. I pay 38 dollars a day for each of my twins (almost 3) in a licensed daycare they provide breakfast drinks and snacks 7:30-5:30 a day also where I’m from it’s illegal to watch someone else’s kids in your home for money

Cost of living in Idaho is cheaper than alot of places. She is not licensed cannot charge for when kids are not there unless you signed a contract. She’s shaking you down get a new sitter.

I pay 45 per day for 2-3 days a week. If i were full time (5days a week) theres a deal of 180 per week. If you know and trust someone, dont switch daycares just to save an extra 20 bucks a week.

Dang, the prices, no wonder young ppl can’t make it, irs a good thing my daughter and nieces have family that takes care of their kids while they work, my husband and I worked opposite shifts for over 20 yrs and took care of our own, didnt see each other much, but our children were taken care of by their parents

$50 is a steal! Is this a licensed facility? That’s like $6 an hour!

A few questions: do you write off your child care on your taxes? Is she CPR & 1st aid certified? Does she provided meals? If not, YES way to much, way to many restriction.
Make sure you have a backup before making a fuss you don’t need to be child careless.

I pay $100/week for an in home unlicensed daycare. She charges $25/day or $100/week. That’s pretty much the same across the board for in home here. An actual daycare center is around $150/week give or take newborn vs older kids.

1 Like

Guess it really depends on how much u make a day working. You don’t want to be working for nothing and handing over ur paycheck to her…

1 Like

Depends on where you live, in my area it’s that’s cheap.

I don’t know how old your child is: when my daughter was an infant (12 years ago), I had her in a home daycare with at least 6 other kids (my daughter was the youngest in the beginning), and because she was my friend she gave me a discount rate of $800/month for full time care (8am-6pm). By the time my daughter was age 2, I was paying $1,000/month for full-time care. I brought lunch & bottles, she provided snacks throughout the day. I worked in a childcare center at the time- but I knew my daughter would get more love & attention in a smaller home center, plus I’d worked with the daycare provider and knew her well. I trusted her with my precious Baby Girl.
Sometimes the peace of mind you have from knowing the character of the person taking care of your child is worth so much more than the few dollars you might save if you are to put your child someplace else. Just something to think about.

You can come pay my childcare at $111 a day here in Australia!

3 Likes

Omg In Australia we pay up to 120/130 a day for child care before a subsidy if eligible for it which then reduces it to about 40 a day

1 Like

I don’t think so at all! I have a wonderful sitter who keeps my girls (3 and 8 weeks) for 3 days a week and I pay $40 a day. They are the only children she keeps at this time. I am willing to even bump up to $50 a day because they are always cared for and loved on, never have any issues, and she’s very professional

1 Like

Personally, since I can’t find a daycare at all, I’d do it.

I’d rather pay the extra ten dollars a day for someone I trust with my child

2 Likes

Average is $55 a day for daycare centres (Canada) and most people pay approx $1000 a month on daycare for full time.

2 Likes

Pay $175 a week in upstate NY for a licensed child care center

The going rate is 18 hrs. Just because shes a SAHM doesn’t mean she has no value…be lucky you have someone dependable.

2 Likes

I think that is a little steep for someone unlicensed. I think 30 a day is reasonable…maybe have her get CPR certified, then do the 50, otherwise I would look elsewhere. It is hard to find someone trustworthy that is true, and if you can afford it I guess go for it…but she has already raised her price twice…next she will ask for 75 a day. Edit to add, I live in a small town where daycare in home averages 20 to 24 a day…licensed… and the big childcare centers are around 30 a day

1 Like

Some of these prices are absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully I’m a stay at home mom. What I’d bring home for the month would literally just go right to the daycare. We struggle but that’s what you do when you don’t have daycare options around nor do you want to work just to pay someone to watch your kid

How many hours a day?

1 Like

How many hours is she in for is the question if she’s in there all day say 8am to 5pm then absolutely since you trust her and then you child would not have to adjust to a new person. Or daycare I say what’s an extra 10$ f

Average here in Central Illinois is $200 a week. Sometimes more. And that’s just for 1 kid.

1 Like

We paid 200$ per week for M-F at an in home center. We moved to a center and currently pay 275$ per week for M-F for our 2 year old. Our older son whom is in school, we Pay $50 a day now while things are virtual.

I charge $5 an hr for my in home daycare, I know I’m somewhat on the cheap side.

1 Like

Both of those prices seem crazy, but I guess it depends on where you live

I’m in Indiana, CPR/first aid and AED certified and have a paraprofessional certification (meaning I can teach pre-k things) and I still only charge $20/day when I babysit.

1 Like

I will say where I live the cheapest is 350 a week for part time care. So $50 a day is pretty good

1 Like

I’m in home day care i charge 30 a day. They bring snacks and such. We are in az. Actual centers are much more expensive.

I was paying $146 a day for my 2 boys & they went 2 days a week. Sounds cheap to me.

I’m from a small town in Ms, but most daycares here require a full weeks pay, even if they only go a few days a week.

I was paying 284 a week for an 18 month old

I don’t think the real issue is the cost per day. If she is leaving and willing to stay for an additional amount which in the overall situation is considerably small, there is more to her leaving. She’s haggling over $2 a day. The $50 per day is on you because you’re only choosing to go two days. Take her up on the $30/day and take your kids all 5 days. Since you like her, you will get a few extra hours to take care of you and do what you need while the kids are being cared for. My guess is $30/day isn’t the real issue. She wants to leave.

1 Like

I pay $210 a week now for my daycare my in home lady prior was $10 or $325 a week.

Sometimes the bit extra is worth it for your sanity though. We had to make a decision based on Financials and family matters as we only used our in home a few days a week and his mom the other half which I am thankful his mom is out of the equation we paid hes $30 a day and I got daily anxiety attacks from her

So the bit extra for a piece of mind is worth it. And if school don’t work she will be going back to her I home lady once she resumes after maternity leave

Whether you think it’s cheap or everyone thinks it’s expensive. She gave you a quote and told you if you won’t pay she has to move away because she can’t afford the rent and it sounds like you dropped days on a agreement and want to make her charge less a month. But she depends on your money to
Live for the last . Hugs. It may be expensive it may not depending on hours food and days. Weekend are always more. Hugs maybe one of these woman can do it for cheaper. Personally I’d just pay it. ( I do have six kids though so my daycare would be a live in nanny).

For a licensed day care $50/week is unheard of. I know people that pay 3x that amount for a week. My sons are grown with families of their own and I paid $45/week back then for two. I must say, for a SAHM who cares for your child $50/week is a steal in this day. If you know her, trust her, and your child does well there, pay the price to keep her. I would not do that job for any price!

2 Likes

200 a week for two an above and 250 for below two in mo

I personally only charge $20 per day for a family for the day. If they stay overnight its and extra $10 unless its an emergency. But we are in one of the poorest counties in Virginia.

I pay for 2 kids (1 10 month old and 1 4 year old) 1700 a month and that’s cheap. Most daycares around me want 2500-2800 a month for 2 kids. Im in Cleveland ohio. I would die if someone would do it for 30 a day! Lol. But in all seriousness its completely up to you and how you feel.

I own an in-home daycare and charge $25/day with a 3 day minimum for one child… siblings living in the same household get charged $45/day

If your child is safe, happy, and secure there, yes, I’d pay the extra 10 dollars. Hard to find places kids are extremely comfortable with and you, yourself is as a parent.

2 Likes

I pay 620 a month for mon to friday daycare thats 31 a day. Its generally considered less expensive for a daycare setting bc you are in a group setting. They cant watch my kid as closely so they just keep a good eye on a number of them. When i had a private nanny i did 12/ hr for about 30 to 40 hrs per week. She would watch my kid alone, clean house and do laundry for about 60 or 70 a day. You get what you pay for.

1 Like

She can stay only if you pay extra?? Something is not quite right.

5 Likes

She is just delaying the inevitable and getting a few extra bucks out if you. Call her bluff or switch.

2 Likes

we pay bout $100 per day per child here in Australia

3 Likes

we pay 450 q week for twins

1 Like

I pay 285 a week for my two year old and 185 for my seven year old. Sounds good to me.

Daycare for my 3.5 year old is $216/week regardless of how many dayss per week she goes.

Bigest thing is what is left after taxes , babysitter, and gas to get to work . Is it worth working. I coupon which helps alot

I pay 25 a day for an in home state licensed day care

50 a day is way way to much. I work in childcare and we charge 125 a week

I paid $30 a day for a private in home daycare when my son was an infant once he turned 2 it dropped to $20 a day. So I would say yes it’s expensive.

Find a new provider… she’s a theif

I pay 600 dollars for a daycare with my friends mom. Nd the 600 dollars I pay, is for both of my girls. So it works out to be 300 hundred dollars each for my two girls, which one is almost 2 and my youngest is 2 months .

Angel Anderson more reason we can’t work lol

1 Like

For our toddler we pay $63 CAD for part time at a centre.

Paying $450 a week for my 1.5 year old twins. She cooks & cleans.

I pay $3 per hour, per child, per day.

I don’t even pay that much a day for 2 kids daily…

My daycare lady charges 20$ a day per child. She is a licensed daycare

How is $50 a day even making her minimum wage?? That’s a steal! Minimum wage in co is $12/hr so 8 hour days should be $96???

1 Like

Far out I wish I could get that kind of help! We pay $230 for 4 days every week!

1 Like

50 a day is a bargain 28 was insane current rate is around 120 per day at a care centre or 27.50 an hour babysitting rates so yeh 50 is great

In MD I pay 250/week for my 5 year old. When our son is born next year we will pay $350/week for him bc he’s an infant.

$600 a month isn’t bad. We were paying close $700.00 a month in California for part-time 3.5 hours a day 5 days a week. I would pay her if you can afford it just to keep your son with someone you seem to trust.

1 Like

When I was a teenager, I babysat for $35-$40 a day. If I was certified, using my own home, providing meals, performing cleaning, and had cpr/first aid certification, I would expect atleast $60 a day depending on age for it to be a steady thing for me. Daycares can be slightly cheaper because they are taking on many kids and your kid will not get one on one time.

It depends on a lot of factors…do u trust them? Is ur kid happy there? How many other kids are in the home daycare or is it just ur kid? How old is ur child. What state u live in… etc etc. 50$ a day is a reasonable price where I live and for actual daycare centers its cheap. For nannys that u trust its extremely cheap.

2 Likes

Yes. $25 per day is typical around here.

In ohio daycare at a center runs 250 a week, 1000 a month. Which is why my hubby works and I stay home.

50 a day is too much for childcare for one child. But if she’s available mon through Friday and you would be paying her the same amount per week regardless if you used her mon thru wed or mon thru Friday, it would be nice to have childcare on the occasions you need to go to the store or have an appt or something.

$600 a month isn’t bad for having someone you trust watch your child, but make sure she knows your plans. It would suck for her to make a decision on a temporary income.

1 Like

One thing I took from this. Is don’t make her stay and pay her what she wants n then you decide to be a SAHM and then no longer need her. Idk what if then she has no other options because you were her reason to stay. You will basically be her stability. That’s something to think about as well

2 Likes

Girl you got a damn good deal!! I’m paying $50 a day for each kid, I have a 5yr old and a 1 yr old, and that’s hella cheap where I live. She’s basically doing me a favor! lol

In Nigeria you can get a good personal nanny or daycare for your child in the babysitter home with cleaning and washing your baby stuff. You only provide food. $5-10 at maximum and $10-20 in daycare centres in places like Abuja and Lagos.

$115/a day for our two kiddos.

1 Like

600 a month?
Lol that’s cute.
I pay $1100 a month :expressionless::sob:

1 Like

I mean if the child was at an actual daycare it might be double what you are going to pay her and if not at least equal to what you will be paying her.

We pay around 120 a day in Australia, this sounds great to me!

That’s less than minium wage :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I just started staying home this year. Some months it’s tight, but we make it work. I’ve never been as happy as I am now home with my son. If you can slide it financially, stay home. It’s not your responsibility to pay someone’s bills.

To be honest, in daycare for both kids, it’s $1,600 where I am so $600 sounds amazing, specially if you know and trust this person, plus your child is already comfortable with her

Based on the actual rate of child care no that is not a lot. But for my cheap self paying yes that’s a lot. If I was working no if I’m watching them (which I would not do at this point in my life) no I need more like $50 an hour unless your kids calm and or eager to learn things lol

1 Like

When my son was little he was in a really good day care & i just did the math mine was 13 a day! full time! So that’s crazy!!!

20$ a day??? I’d pay over 20 an hr.

1 Like

Hell no 60 is quite cheap actually 50 is a steal!

1 Like

Wow there’s places that cheap😂 without aid I would be paying 900$ A WEEK for my two kids under two

I’m in NY and it’s roughly $1500-2000k at a daycaren center

1 Like

Cheap for California

2 Likes

Depends on how long ur child is being watched if it’s a few hours or all day

I pay $155 dollars a week for my son to go to an actual day care. I paid my babysitter before the daycare had a spot for him $100 dollars a week.

I was paying about $100 a 5 day week for one kid 2 hours a day

Most daycares where I live run $150-175 a week.

Sitters out of their home are probably between $300-500 a month.

I plan on going back to work next school year, and will be leaving my youngest with a close friend of mine for 21 days out of the month. She doesn’t want me to pay her, but I’ll probably end up paying her $350 a month.

(I’m in Texas)

Wow USA is so much cheaper than NZ. I pay $300 a week per child to go to daycare. :flushed:

I pay $40 a day for my daughter mon-fri 5/5:30am-4:30pm for a home daycare here in ontario & thats considered cheap. The daycare centre down the road from us was $60 & some centres dont provide meals!

1 Like

Are you stupid? So just because shes a stay at home mom, she must watch your kid for basically free? Would you accept that same amount if you stayed home watching another kid?? Try searching for other homes to watch your kid for that much or less smh!

2 Likes

Gosh I’m in Australia and I would love to pay $50 per day. If I was to have someone at home it would be $20-$25 per hour minimum here and I would need 10 hours minimum. I have my three in a childcare centre and pay $130 per day each. I have 3 kids in care 4 days a week. So I pay $1560 per week in childcare.

139 Likes

I never comment on anything like this but this is probably the…silliest posting ever because it completely depends on where you live!! Cost of living is ridiculously different all over this country… The only way you’re going to get a good answer is if you find people in your local community. Personally where I’m from I think you have a really good deal.

28 Likes

The per day amount isn’t high in my opinion, depending on where you live - ie here for my 1 kid that’s almost 2 to go to daycare it would be about $350 a week/and for my two littlest would run me about $750 a week since one is a newborn. I’d be more concerned with the constantly changing prices and if she’s relying on you to pay her bills yet hasn’t moved or anything (“to make her rent”) then why the need for a price increase?