Just needed to vent about Thanksgiving drama

Who else has Thanksgiving drama? I can’t be the only one. Let’s see if you can top this… My boyfriend was going to propose to me in front of my family at Thanksgiving. He told his friend, who is my sister’s boyfriend. Well, apparently, my sister got news of this, and she decided to take the spotlight and tell everyone she was pregnant…even though the original plan was to tell them at Christmas. We even got cute ornaments made for her. She has a history of trying to take the spotlight from me, and it’s so annoying. My boyfriend ended up proposing to me later that night and told me about my sister and her boyfriend told her. I kinda just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

441 Likes

First if all, f your sister. She’s a hater.

7 Likes

I feel your pain. Family can be the worst sometime.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, you both still love each other, and will get your big day to enjoy it with your friends and family.

My sister was jealous of me being pregnant so she stole my son’s babybook that has ultrasounds in it to act like she was pregnant during the holidays a couple years back.:woman_facepalming: sister’s can be trash and act on jealousy.

19 Likes

Sounds jealous to me

1 Like

Yeah we don’t talk to my husband family. We are alone this year we put a stop to all the drama one of he girl cousins have caused for a very long time n with all that all the family was included . Even he’s mom my kids grandma. N I’m sorry for your situation your sister is a little brat

1 Like

Ok… But like why couldn’t your family have 2 awesome things to celebrate that day?? It’s awesome she is pregnant and it’s awesome you are engaged. Like fuck sake why MAKE it drama? This goes for the sister too.

1 Like

In the future he shouldn’t tell his friend things. Clearly he can’t be trusted not to unknowingly ruin a surprise.

4 Likes

I see what your sister was doing but ah well. She’s pregnant, yay. You’re engaged yay. Vent away but let that ish go because being the bigger person might be tough but it’s definitely more rewarding because you won’t care about juvenile things like that.

:heart: Congestions.

18 Likes

Don’t let her spoil your happiness. She sounds like a petty bitch.

I didnt have drama bc i stayed home and didnt risk the rona :rofl: sounds like you should! did the same. Way more relaxing.

4 Likes

Family can be such a pain. We were uninvited to Thanksgiving bc of my sister. But Congratulations on your engagement!! I’m sorry your sister got in the way of your amazing moment :heart:

1 Like

I don’t understand why both things couldn’t happen… since when did we get so petty that only one exciting announcement can happen per family gathering?

20 Likes

That’s okay my sister decided to have her baby shower 2 days after scheduled c section… and I had to apologize to her :roll_eyes:
For how I approached the situation.

My c section ended up happening 2 weeks early but still… sisters suck.

3 Likes

You can either listen to what I’m gunna say or not.
Live and enjoy the biggest moments in private.
No need for an audience to propose. No need for an audience to announce a pregnancy, no need for an audience to reveal the gender of your baby.
It’s nice to share the big news with the people we love, whether they are family or friends, but if are the kind of person that loves attention, you won’t get to enjoy those private moments with your future husband.
This way you decide what kind of energy you want around your news.

20 Likes

It’s ok to be upset with your sister…but just remember God could call her home a any moment, is it worth fighting about…love trumps hate, angry, and jealousy. Regret will feel worse.

5 Likes

Get over it… is this really the kind of thing that people let occupy their minds :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

I feel ya. Anymore I despise family gatherings bc of shit like this. But this Thanksgiving is going to be the last one I have with my in laws bc we are moving out of state. So I just went along with it. But it takes a lot of be chill in situations like that for me.

Congratulations to both of you :woman_shrugging:t2: I mean why do you both need your own spotlight? Be the bigger person and be happy for her & happy for your fiancé and you & move on, let it be known to her that you’re not letting her get to you.

4 Likes

Can I just say both are extreme blessings. You have a new niece or nephew on the way and brand new fiance who loves you and is obviously “team you”. I think in the midst of things it can be easy to spot the negative but hunny you are blessed beyond measure to 1) have a healthy family to celebrate holidays with, 2) Have found a man in your corner that supports you and is going to make you his wife to build a life with, 3) Have a sister to be angry at who is around and 4) have a new baby in the family. Ignore the rest and Congratulations love!! On both :heart::heart:

8 Likes

Welp, you’re winning in life. She probably needs to make herself feel special because she knows everyone likes you better. (And she knows your a better person)

Im sure other family members notice as well. Hang in there.

Also, the day she gives birth, go to the court house and get married. :joy::joy:

110 Likes

Thunder Stealers are the worst. My son was supposed to be my parents last grandchild and my oldest sister had the bright idea to announce her pregnancy the day I gave birth.

7 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to u girl that’s really messed up not cool of her at all

2 Likes

That’s toxic behavior. I had a “best friend” that was the same way, and it was only because she was jealous of me she always tried to one up me. :roll_eyes: I cut that b*tch off and life has been better since. :woman_shrugging:t2: My advice? Your fiancé shouldn’t tell his friend anything since that’s your sister’s boyfriend also. Unless you want your sister legit knowing all of your business. Congratulations on your engagement!

8 Likes

I’m not Trying to be mean,
But isn’t being proposed to a SURPRISING moment? I went out on a ride with my BOYFRIEND and came back a lady in WAITING…two different life journeys DESERVE celebration. …life’s a JOURNEY not a competition :kissing_heart:Congratulations to you All

5 Likes

The day she gives birth have your wedding :rofl::rofl:

Seriously, people who steal the spotlight are the worst. It’s selfish, competitive, and rude. It’s like proposing to your girlfriend at someone else’s wedding. You just DONT.

15 Likes

My two older uncles ended up being drunk before 12 PM & decided to do a little rumble in the living room which knocked over my roaster with our turkey in it. Luckily we had two turkeys cooking but it was a mess after…plus we gained a hole in the wall. :relieved:

4 Likes

Narcissistic behavior

6 Likes

Want to top that, when I was 14 my mother bought a case of peaches for a darn good price, I made 5 peach pies for Thanksgiving, my brother who was 17 had a stomach virus before the holiday meal started, he ate 5 of those pies, half a turkey, about 5 pounds of mashed potatoes some ham and more. This was in 1987, (I will never make another peach pie again) up until 4 years ago he told the story of how my pies made him sick and would do everything to make me cry each and every family get together I stood up for myself my mother chewed me out, my now ex fiance threatened to beat the crap out of my brother for being such a jerk. I was the bad person for blowing my top and telling my brother off for being such a big jerk. This brother now 50 is living with mom who is disabled does not help around the house, no income not even disability, he is unable to work but won’t do what the doctors tell him to do so he can get disability.

So yah many families suck, and like to ruin holidays.

2 Likes

I say that it says more about her than you.
Thunderthief
:rofl:

Congratulations anyway. :woman_shrugging:t4:
But, DON’T :clap:t4:PUT​:clap:t4:HER​:clap:t4:IN​:clap:t4:YOUR​:clap:t4:WEDDING! Trust me on this one.

21 Likes

Congratulations on your engagement!!

She’s jealous, and that’s her problem. Don’t tell her or her boyfriend things, just be happy with your life and watch her seethe…since apparently she’s that person :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

well then you know what get over it and start doing the holidays with just you and your family and not the rest of the family. That’s what I do and that’s what I’ve done for a few years now. those other family members ain’t worth it if they’re just going to ruin your holiday I can promise you that! Honestly your family problems don’t belong on Facebook to begin with and other people’s opinions dont matter only yours! also if everybody has an exciting announcement to make then let everybody out their Spotlight not just you you know what I mean. If they steal the spotlight from you who cares okay like apparently it’s not that important to everybody else anyways you know what I mean lol you know I didn’t really have a great Thanksgiving either but I sure wasn’t on Facebook talking about it because it’s nobody’s business. and it definitely isn’t the whole world business to read and give me all their opinions and negative comments and everything else on. that’s not real respectful to your family or your husband if you post your business to the world anyways. I learned that 10 years ago and I was posting my business on Facebook like that and I stopped!!! Okay so you had a bad Thanksgiving okay let’s move on water under the bridge try to make Christmas better but maybe you ought to think about just doing the holidays with just you and your little family that way your holidays doesn’t get ruined. I don’t cook for my family or nothing anymore they can all cook for themselves and have a happy holiday! That’s less food I have to make and less dishes anyways and less drama!! I don’t do that family drama no more it’s stupid and pointless and pathetic! they can keep their drama and their little drama bubble if they want to but they don’t need to burst it and bring it over here!!! I don’t even do girlfriend drama okay if you’re my friend and you bring drama to my house and you bring boyfriend drama and problems there’s the door goodbye I don’t need it. Same thing I’ve told my family there’s the door goodbye I don’t need your crap!!! you need to work on being the bigger person and just forgetting the point that the other person stole the spotlight okay and 10 years down the road that’s not even going to matter anymore because it’s going to be water under the bridge all that’s going to matter is the kids and school and life!!! you know smiling and waving and telling them to have a nice day and that you’re praying for them usually ps them off so bad they don’t want nothing to do with you. I just started smiling at my neighbor yesterday and I was like okay prayers to you dude. he just went on in the house and left me alone! all I can say is you need to worry about you and she needs to worry about herself and that’s the way it needs to be and that’s what I usually tell people you know you can go over there and worry about yourself and all of your problems and then I’ll go over here and I’ll worry about mine.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but this whole post just screams of whiny entitlement to me. "Wahh Wahh someone else is getting attention " headass. You’re mad your sister did something for attention but you’re out here sniveling on Facebook because you had to share your spotlight, you couldn’t just be happy for her. Jesus. You and your sis sound like 2 peas in a pod.

9 Likes

This is petty and lame. Grow up. A baby and a wedding are BOTH exciting. Who cares who announces first. Life isn’t a competition.
Congrats to both of you! I hope you have the most amazing blessed wedding day and marriage. I hope she is an amazing mother to your nieces/nephews. (I hope you can just love her anyways for who she is even if she is an attention seeker.)

8 Likes

Take the spotlight and announce at Christmas that you’re engaged😊
I think proposing is a personal private thing anyway. But u can still get ur thunder back.
Maybe he shouldn’t of told u that he was going to propose infront of the family and you wouldn’t feel bad or less importance of it.
I have a sister like that and well they don’t change. So next time just don’t tell anyone until the moment comes.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I have to say this, but u can take ur sister’s family announcement as "drama"that stole spotlight from you or as a “blessing” that gives u either a niece or nephew to love n cherish, it’s ur decision to make about how u want perceive the whole situation w/ ur sister, whichever one you decide to choose will determine what kind of person u r, just like like how ur sister showed what type of person she is truly :woman_shrugging:t3:

P.s it’s ok to the spotlight w/ someone sometimes :woman_shrugging:t3::grimacing::speaking_head:

B.t.w congrats on both of y’all life blessings :pray:t3::speaking_head:

2 Likes

I’m sorry. This reminds me of a wedding I attended of my husband’s friend. The maid of honor not only photobombed the wedding pictures (and played it off as haha I’m so quirky and crazy), but her boyfriend of 6 months proposed to her at the wedding and she posted about it on Facebook before any wedding posts could go up. I felt so bad for the bride like who does that to someone they care about? People who aren’t toxic are happy to give someone else their moment

4 Likes

Tamika Saliba you are clearly lost. You want to be helping someone who sexually assaulted you? Like wtf??? “Yeah he’s depressed” so than let him sexually harass you :unamused: n don’t say shit about it because he’s “depressed”

My husband wanted to go see his family so we did. At noon we were done and ready to leave he says ok let’s go, I suggest we go see my mom (literally lives in the same town as his family) and he freaked out and started cussing me cause he wanted to make the plans for the rest of the day.

My sister never could steal the spotlight. So she jus caused turmoil with me and my mother…

2 Likes

Suck it up buttercup it ain’t that bad you’re getting a new man and she’s getting a baby come see come sigh love each other and get over it

2 Likes

Me and my sister almost came to blows yesterday. I still might f her up. It kills me :sob:.

2 Likes

Clearly a lot of people have not had to deal with a person like this! My advice babes is keep your moves silent with a person like your sister you can’t win let her be petty she will never learn. Distance yourself and keep peace. Everything done in a spiteful manner eventually comes back… karma.

9 Likes

Why is everyone being so mean she needed to vent an this is a group you can an get good advice but hell you guy’s act like you’ve never had to vent in life. …

13 Likes

Oooooo chile… id make a grand announcement at her Baby shower… start plannin sis.

18 Likes

Just be glad you’re not so messed up like sis who is always plotting to take the spotlight and has to be mean. She is probably never happy and has psychological problems. Imagine how it’ll mess with her head when baby takes all the attention away from her. And BTW, only you have all the women on this forum to wish you congratulations!

3 Likes

Fix your crown and forget about it! Ask yourself why your sister feels the need to outshine. After all, your still engaged & now share a connection to your soon to be born nephew or niece :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

Are y’all teenagers?

4 Likes

Realy sounds like you need to grow up

3 Likes

So many people commenting without reading properly.

So sorry your sister did that. Fix your crown queen :crown:. She is jealous and it shows from now on keep your moves silent and distanced from her

2 Likes

No drama with family here… Just drama with a family member and their flav of the month :joy::rofl: but that was at like 10pm and over the phone in text. :woman_shrugging:

In the place I come from she will be a subject of ridicule by family and friends, while her sister is getting married she is getting pregnant for a boyfriend.

2 Likes

Dude me and my sisters celebrate everything together yay I’m prego yay your getting married fuck it your getting married the same day I’m giving birth fuck yeah this is petty you should be happy for each other no matter what goes on you are sisters witch makes you more equal than anyone you will ever meet there is nothing like having a sister they will be the one there through everything when she shines I shine there is no spotlight my sister held my hand on her wedding day and cut the umbelicle cord when the daddy was not there because he could not stomach the blood fuck the rest if it is my day to shine she shining with me bro

Girl fuck your sister, she’s a toxic bitch :woman_shrugging:t2: she literally could have waited and kept her original plan but instead had to say something knowing the attention would be on you. I wouldn’t put it past her to try and make your wedding about her either or make it as difficult for you as she can. I’d be very careful about including her in your wedding party (I personally would not, but I’m not you :woman_shrugging:t2:) , people like that are nothing but drama. I’d honestly say fuck the ornaments and if you haven’t announced your engagement, do it at Christmas. But congratulations, love :yellow_heart:

I’m petty, make sure she’s just a bridesmaid. :relaxed:
Or, give her the wrong date. If she couldn’t let you get engaged, imagine what she’ll do on your wedding day.

12 Likes

You can choose your friends but not your family

1 Like

Maybe you can time your wedding day to her due date? On a real note, that’s pretty selfish of her.

6 Likes

Take the spot light at Christmas…sounds like she has to be trying to be better than you :confused:

My oldest is 18 but before i had him I had a miscarriage on Halloween and at that Thanksgiving my uncle and his wife decided to announce at dinner that they were having a baby. I was so hurt.

That’s gross… smh :roll_eyes:

My aunt died from COVID. Definitely tops your situation…just be thankful for family. Never know when they might not be around

68 Likes

1st congratulations on your engagement. 2nd I would confront her and tell her how I feel about what she did. If that didn’t make the situation better then let it go you spoke your peace. And everyone on here posting worse situations. Just because you’re going through something worse doesn’t make hers invalid. Like damn I’m just sorry for anyone going through something no matter what it is.

86 Likes

Of course death and covid is far worse. That’s not what she meant. She’s asking who else has sorry and jealous family members who would pull shit like this.

92 Likes

I think we all have that kind of family drama. For some reason some siblings, and their significant others, think it’s a competition. I’m still dealing with it, several years later. Congratulations on your engagement!
Try to not let her jealousy put a damper on your happy moment.

13 Likes

Yeaaaahhh this is about family drama. People dying and illness is not drama and if it is there is something wrong with ya’ll. Second of all, telling her she “should feel lucky” is petty. Third, she not once asked for advice or ur opinion. Just wanted to vent and hope that she wasn’t alone in the familial drama.
Congratulations to the OP! As you can tell from the many answers on this post, women just suck :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

How about we all have drama :woman_shrugging:t2: and yes need to vent, one’s situation may not be as bad as another’s but it is still bad in that persons life, let’s not compare.

11 Likes

This is petty drama. Just be thankful the man you love wants to marry you and also your sister is healthy with her baby. I would be ecstatic if one of my brothers was having a baby. I would just ignore it and count your blessings.

18 Likes

I graduated from college and my sister went in labor and had her first child.

Had drama like that growing up until both my older sisters were married. It was a real Pain in the rear. they were 6 & 8 years older than me.

Sounds like your sister has some insecurity and jealousy issues. If she had to steal your spotlight it’s because she’s jealous of you and your good fortunes and will continually try to compete with you. Don’t worry… Karma does exist.

16 Likes

I suppose the silver lining is at least your sister didn’t mention the proposal to everyone before it happened.

18 Likes

My fiance’s mom was getting remarried and I had a feeling he would purpose at her reception. I told him if that was his plan to please do it another way because I dont want to take the spot light away. Siblings suck

4 Likes

What s pain in the butt she is — I’m impressed by your restraint— someone needs to bop her up alongside the head and tell her the world doesn’t revolve around her. Other people count too !!

2 Likes

I definitely wouldnt invite her to the wedding! Who knows what she might do to take that day away from you! Congratulations.

8 Likes

Yep sisters can suck big time. I am assuming the older one is jealous. I hope you can find a way to communicate. If not you’ll end up choosing to be around people who make you feel good. Good luck and congratulations :clap:

7 Likes

Sounds like maybe the both of you never learned to share. Both of you have equally exciting news. Be happy for each other. I had no power until the morning of Thanksgiving. My turkey refroze when the power went out, and my car randomly died twice. We still pulled off a great meal, and were thankful for the food and time together. Life’s too short to be upset over things like this.

13 Likes

Sibling rivalry at its worst. Evidently she is jealous of you. I’m sorry she took your spotlight. Truly childess.

If you sister wants to be a b@#!$ then let her and realize shes jealous of your happiness. She is probably super miserable and people hate other people being happy. You and your partner should make fiancee shirts :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck: and wear them on xmas lol

8 Likes

Damn that’s cold well I hope you said yes so congratulations to you how exciting make sure you pick your wedding day away from the birth so you can have your own special day because you deserve it too your fiance is a great guy to change the direction for you

14 Likes

Maybe there something that she jealous.of.u for maybe u should have a one on one with her and talk don’t make it like a argument or anything just maybe see if ur hubby can go to her place hand with her hubby and she come over to ur place and have a movie night or something and than just say I wanted to talk to you on something I’m feeling and I don’t want this to ruin our relationship as sister’s I love u and want us be happy family and I just feel or don’t understand why it feels that everytime Im going do something you take it away from me or word it better and just kinda calmly hear her out don’t argue just sit be calm if she has a full out tantrum want be baby about it storm off let her that just who she would be and u can then make ur choice or wait for her to calm down and apologized cause that could if embarrassed her or anything maybe make it clear than when u ask her over that there something u need to talk to her about so then not big why she wanted me over but then who knows maybe things will look up maybe she will fall apart tell her what wrong in her life that make her act this way

My personal opinion is that the proposal was to you and that’s that. Something’s been happening more and more often, like “having to do intimate things in front of people”…maybe younger people are prone to “get it on media by having an audience”. Why’d he “tell” anyone before “you”? Not saying he’s arrogant, just people doing things differently these days…seems like too much for entertainment.
I think your sister’s been a needy little brat, though, if she/and the dad actually “announced early” just to steal your thunder.

1 Like

Can’t top it today, but my sister did me just as dirty, also not unlike yours, several times… I am sympathetic, glad to hear someone be strong enough [to be able] to open up. Shows amazing character.
Lmk if you everrrrr find a solution that actually solves this (never-ending) sister drama :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great news for both. My whole side of the family blew me off for dessert and never showed up. So I left my husbands side for no reason and sat alone at my house like an asshole. Be grateful you have family that actually shows up and wants to be with you. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Dont let anyone steal your JOY ! :heart_eyes::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart: as looong and you and your fiance are happy and make life special thats all that matters ! I hope you have a wonderful marriage! :sunflower::wink:

6 Likes

That’s pretty shitty and petty of her. Unfortunately her personality will probably never change. Don’t let it take away from your excitement though! Congratulations!!

7 Likes

You both have exciting news…during some pretty rotten times. Just be happy for one another and keep the sibling rivalry to fun competitions :blush:

3 Likes

I can probably top this, but I’d rather keep this about you. Your sister could have waited until Christmas. It’s right around the corner. I have 2 daughters and would like to think that they wouldn’t hurt each other like this. Your boyfriend shouldn’t have told anyone.

4 Likes

Congratulations, family is family, but it sucks your sister is so insecure, or jealous or whatever it is that she has to do this to you.

1 Like

You and your sister are a lot like my two older sisters :sweat_smile::laughing::rofl:🤦:roll_eyes::neutral_face::unamused::woozy_face: … getting petty over little things 🤷 for me when someone say “spotlight” that makes me think that person is so vain and they think they’re so important. I’m sorry that is just me 🤷 . If that happens to me I’ll be happy for my sister… that is what Thanksgiving means is to be thankful and to celebrate what we have. Especially right now, we can’t really tell who’s gonna be with us. They can be with us right now but in the next few weeks they’re forever gone. Time is really valuable.

Kinda similar thing happen to us years ago. My eldest sister graduated college and then my middle sister’s son christening, my dad threw a party for them together to save money.
To make story short, my eldest siter got upset :woozy_face:
I’m the baby so I can’t really relate :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Congrats on the engagement and your sis baby though :grinning:

3 Likes

Just be happy for ur engagement even if it wasn’t done the way it was planned. Don’t let her ruin it for u .

3 Likes

Could have avoided the whole situation by not getting together on thanksgiving, including a pregnant person, cuz of covid going on.

4 Likes

Don’t even get me started on family drama. I could write a new york times best seller

1 Like

I have several issues with my sister as well. I jave tried but we just can’t have a good relationship and never have. I am not sure the situation with your sister but I finally chose to disassociate from her and much of my family cause sadly i learned that just cause they are family doesn’t mean they truly love me or that they are rooting for my success you know… I hope however you proceed that you are happy and that no matter whether she attempts to or not you not let her actions hinder your joy or that if they do as with my situation that u can disassociate yourself and find happiness and love elsewhere… Congratulations on your engagement!!

1 Like

In future keep things between yourlselves ,tel fiance not to tel his friend esp if u dont want 2 spoil an event like this…

Be tough skin he’s marrying you not the family😘

My sister has COVID! Y’all should be thankful you can be around each other! :unamused::pleading_face:

3 Likes