Just needed to vent about Thanksgiving drama

This story sounds familiar. Something like this was told before. So not sure if this is true

I hate people who do that. Congratulations on your engagement, and I suggest that you distance yourself from your toxic sister.

Why does it have to be one-up games?

Why can’t you just be THANKFUL and celebrate together?

I think a night can hold 2 big announcements. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Your sister is dumb, she should’ve waited til xmas coz then your engagement wouldve been old news (not being rude). A
But your boyfriend couldve then waited til xmas and then her pregnancy announcement wouldve been old news lol :woman_shrugging:
And this us going to sound so shitty, but maybe plan to get married around her due date :rofl:
Just kidding dont do that!

Get married the day she gives birth :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

If you don’t have a sister like this, you’ll never Understand. It’s a sad situation And I know it all too well :pensive: :broken_heart:

4 Likes

I’m sorry that happened to you. Jealousy isn’t attractive on any body. Congrats on your engagement.

1 Like

My dad told me, as I was planning my wedding, that what really matters is you and your husband to be saying I Do. Nothing else matters. Don’t let others dim your shine:)

I have a sister that does that.
She doesn’t even let me have my own birthday.
Last year she sent out her baby shower invites on my birthday…
the had her baby shower days after my birthday.
And her baby wasn’t due until 4 months later…
this was the only year she didn’t interfere with my birthday.

Sisters are the WORST.

5 Likes

Congratulations :tada:
You will always find someone to do crap like that. If you want to keep something quiet, don’t tell anyone. Enjoy your happiness. It has been a tough year for so many. :revolving_hearts:

Are you 15? Sounds like high school drama. What the f is the problem?? You’ll be fine. Grow up.

1 Like

Perfect example of “MOVE IN SILENCE” sorry this happened to you, congratulations on your engagement auntie :heart_eyes:

your sister is a narcissist, sorry., and congrats on the proposal.

3 Likes

Here’s another perspective to consider. Her sister already planned to tell the family that she was pregnant at Christmas. Sounds as though she knew this before the “planned” engagement. Who’s trying to one up who? Why did your engagement HAVE to happen before her already planned pregnancy announcement. Maybe you should have asked her if she would be upset if your boyfriend proposed before their announcement.

I can see where both are coming from and can understand it would totally make more sense to have the announcement at the same time. You know, you make the birth announcement a month later and risk the family happy that ‘now an wedding AND a baby’ stealing the thunder. And vise versa. It they do it at the same time, they everyone gets to enjoy ALL the exciting news at once.

1 Like

Lesson to bf, keep his mouth shut for future plans.

1 Like

One of my adult daughters won’t talk to me because I decided on staying home with little kids and hubby due to Covid. Had hoped to do Zoom with her. My brother disowned the whole family because he didn’t want us to all find out he was cheating on his wife and had kicked out his 17 year old son for said new woman. I did make a really great turkey though. It was a lot less hectic just staying home, regardless of the pandemic, I think.

8 Likes

Get re-engaged or announce ur engagement at her baby shower :rofl:

Congratulations to both of you. How exciting.!

That is really sad. I learnes not to tell anyone what Im doing.

Whoa. You don’t think this needs to be addressed with your sister? That’s shady

1 Like

Narcissists will always make it about themselves! Congrats on your engagement :heart:

Announce the wedding date on her baby shower

No drama when your not supposed to gather with anyone outside your home … :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Let her have the attention :sweat_smile:. Maybe she needs it more…

Well she did say “let’s see if you can top this” :woman_shrugging:t4:

Sounds like a lot of jealousy in the family.

Everything happens for a reason!

Your sister is an a**hole

Ur sister sounds like a bitch. Put some space in there

I had it at my house, with 1 person invited, no drama

Faces don’t get pregnant.

My Thanksgiving was entertaining! My mother in law got shitfaced off Hennessey & snuck a pile of ham in the livingroom on a napkin & set it on the cushion as she passed out. I checked on her & noticed & told her son to get his mother. Mind you, We don’t eat in our livingroom. She got so offended she hit 3 of us. Ruined a white sweater with Coffee Tequila, Broke her fake nail & lost an eyelash during her meltdown. It was her 78th bday. Our new couch looks like shit today with a greasy spot of ham juice (:joy:). But it was pretty entertaining. That was just an hour of our night!

4 Likes

My father in law threatened to punch my husband in the face ,so we left and had Chinese food for dinner lol

13 Likes

My sister is the most jealous person just like urs. She is younger tho. This year right before thanksgiving she convinced mom she wanted to host she lives 2 hours away mom thought wed try it so ok sure i agree my husband myself our 4 kids would drive 2 hours away to her house so she could host thsnksgiving. 1 week before thanksgiving i find on facebook she had been friending talking to my ex even though shes not even friends with my present husband of 12 years on facebook. I politely ask her to stop talking to him that was a really hard 2 years of my life with this ex who treated me poorly just bad memories long story short it was a big big argument! One day before thanksgiving she tells me im no longer invited to thanksgiving but my kids can go with my mom n dad but not me. I said bullcrap im coming with my kids she then told me if i came she would call the police n put me in jail!! Me n my husband spent our thanksgiving day alone my mom n dad took my kids so they could c their cousins. Just still trying to wrap my head around it all

2 Likes

As a man who has been married to the same woman for 17 years I am a hopeless
Romantic and proposed
In such a way. This is your boyfriends fault for not keeping his mouth shut. Is he going to tell people when he starts trying to impregnate you too?
Getting mad at your sister for this is like getting mad at a rabid dog for trying to bite you🤷🏻‍♂️. Its what they do. Yes your sister is a dumb twat but I am sure every one already knows she has been in a dumb twat all her life. In fact your whole family especially parents has enabled her dumb twatery. So this further notes how this is your boyfriends fault for telling dumb twat’s boyfriend who given is dating and just knocked up dumb twat is probably not the type to exercise sound judgement so why would your boyfriend confide in him?

TLDR
boyfriend’s fault

1 Like

Haven’t had a normal Thanksgiving since I was maybe 19 I’m now 32 stress is too high all around with my family for some odd reason I hate holidays but will bite down and keep my mouth shut just to get through the day faster ignore certain ones and just go about life the very next day as if nothing had happened

With a sister like THAT, you don’t need any enemies. I would’ve called her out in front of everyone.

Spot light really are you an Adult… Share both your news you sound so childish

My gratitude and appreciation to Mr. Alexandros Andy sebastian who showed me sincerity and gave me reason to invest more in binary trading, I never knew i will come across such a straight forward man online. Ever since he started managing my account, I haven’t experienced any regrets in binary options, though i lost a lot when i started but he cleared my debts since i met him i have always been smiling, i feel so much happy each time i get my payout, I recommend Mr. Alexandros Andy sebastian and i pray you keep on moving forward. Feel free to give h8m a try contact him via:

Never judge a book by its cover, I had always talked rubbish about the spiritual healers because i was living a luxurious life with my husband and kids. I never believed that anyone can solve someone’s problems. I could rudely reply to the posts about the healers with insults little didi know that one day they will help me. It started when a strange disease attacked one of my kid for almost eight months. I visited all the hospitals in Europe but the doctors couldn’t see the disease. I went to pastors, Sheiks, Sisters, and priests but couldn’t see any change. I sold all of my properties and lost my business because I was charged lots of money. I went back to Zero. My husband was used to a luxurious life since he was coming from a rich family. He started losing interest in me, disrespected me, insulted me in our kids’ presence, all my in-laws hate me. I had no shoulder to cry on.I was left with no hope. The most heartbreaking part is when my husband started cheating on me with one of the member of Parliament which I won’t mention her name. I got depressed and tried to commit suicide until when my friend asked me to contact papa marere . I had lost hope and besides didn’t trust healers. I called them scammers. My friend used his cellphone and called him. he gave him a date to go to her office and on that date, my friend picked me very early in the morning and took me there. I explained everything to him. he asked us to go back and bring the sick kid and we did so. he cast his spells and after a few hours, my son was healed. And he also told me that my husband will return that he has settled that After a few weeks my husband came back home and apologized to me. he gave me a ring for my business and as I speak now am not complaining. I got back everything.+2348109805184 is his number for help. Email him via ( marerespells@gmail. com ) he is INCREDIBLE.

What a sad jealous person!

Let it go… let it go…

1 Like

Just be thankful you have each other.

Your sisters a B$tch… is that what you want us to write… I hope you read this you selfish bech ass of a sister Wana top every MF​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::grin:… I hope you feel better coz I do :woman_facepalming:t5::rofl::rofl::rofl:

CONGRATULATIONS on YOUR Engagement :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

Congrats on the engagement! :heart::heart:

Congrats you desrve to be happy

Yeah that is messed up lol

I’m sorry.

If it makes you feel better, my teenaged daughters decided I was the devil himself because I put them on punishment. So they packed their stuff and moved out.

They were gone 3 weeks and wouldn’t come back with me there. And seeing as how my mother was also responsible for this shit show, I told her to enjoy her new kids.

I was homeless for a while. Living in my SUV. I can barely look or talk to my kids since this has happened. Now, I have a nice one bedroom apartment.

God bless you , your fiance, your family & all your future plans!

Yep. She sucks. I’m sorry. Congratulations!!

Brianna Yanis Gonzalez

1 Like

Congratulations on your engagement…Many blessings your way …:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

Wish I had a sister!

1 Like

Congratulations dear

1 Like

Well damn stop focusing on her focus on you it seems like your jealous

5 Likes

I’m sorry but this makes zero sense to me. What kind of family do y’all have if you both feel the need to fight for attention (that’s all the “spotlight” is)?
With this year being so tragic, I would think the more blessings to celebrate the better🤷🏼‍♀️

38 Likes

That would be annoying. Your boyfriend sounds awesome since he went ahead and let them have the spotlight so to say. Some guys would feel the need to still propose anyway. I’d personally rather have someone propose with just us that way it’s more intimate. So maybe it’s better this way. Congratulations.

1 Like

I feel your pain. My older sister is like that. I mistakenly told her I was pregnant with my son and she thought it was her job to let my family know before I could. It’s always drama with her and she must have all the attention. Has always been like that. I just don’t tell her anything till I tell the people I want first.

3 Likes

Its not a holiday till there’s some sort of Drama! Especially in my family, even the extended fam actually sometimes I think they’re worse.

Next time tell your boyfriend not to mention nothing to anyone! Keep everything to yourselves until your ready to tell everyone period!

8 Likes

Maybe you announcing the birth of your niece or nephew FIRST will teach her a lesson. Just saying…!

9 Likes

That is childish af … don’t try to compare life goals. Wish her congratulations and focus seldomly on your wedding plans.

I’d tell my boyfriend to never tell anyone anything.

3 Likes

It isnt a competition, your family would be thrilled with both announcements :heart::blush:

4 Likes

The both of you deserve a Congratulations :two_hearts:you’re sisters celebrate each other’s happiness :wink:

2 Likes

So I guess it’s safe to say she won’t be your maid of honor and you won’t be the baby’s godmother :thinking:

Thanksgiving was the calm before son murdered all the Indians. You should’ve expected this.

I see your anger. It is validated.

2 Likes

Keep smiling it’s your
WEDDING!!!

1 Like

Never tell nothing you don’t want everybody to know at any given moment. Boyfriend needs to know this too.

2 Likes

Todd King Ammaaq sounds like them lol

1 Like

You are fighting with your sister over attention… are you even mature enough to get married??

2 Likes

Life isn’t a competition, be happy for both of your success. Wish her a happy healthy pregnancy, go bang your fiance and stop comparing announcements. Pretty sure your family is happy for you both. :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I have a selfish drama queen in my family too. If it isn’t about her , it will be …

1 Like

She sounds like a narcissist

What a b****.
I’d be so annoyed and wouldn’t talk to her for a long while. There’s no reason to steal someone else’s moment.

And ignore the ones here who act as if you’re supposed to pretend all of this is a-okay and you’re not allowed to be angry. They’re just keyboard warriors :roll_eyes:. It’s perfectly acceptable to be angry and bitter. (And people wonder why I tend to dislike women)

5 Likes

Congrats ignore your sister you are the winner

Personally I’d cut her off. . :woman_shrugging:. She intentionally took an important moment away from you so she could have the spot light and apparently this isnt the first time. Cut her off. Get married without her, major life events without her and when people ask why put her out there. Say she knew your man was gonna propose and she stole the spotlight when she wasnt even gonna announce until christmas

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just not like most of yall but this doesn’t bother me. I bet your parents were thrilled for both of you. Why does it have to be about one or the other? You got engaged and you’re concentrated on this silliness?

7 Likes

You got engaged and she got knocked up, no contest, you won.

3 Likes

Are you 12? Cuz u REALLY need to grow up.

5 Likes

Time to weed out the negativity in your life. That’s why I’m fixing to move out of this town to somewhere new and not talk to anyone for a while

1 Like

Or, listen. You both are going through different stages in life, she’s having a baby and you are working your way up to marriage and a whatever you’re seeking. It’s okay to be annoyed with how it took place, but maybe she was just happy and couldn’t contain herself. Be grateful you’re getting a wonderful niece or nephew, be grateful you even got proposed to. There’s a lot of people out there who have been in relationships for years and their partners still haven’t popped the question. The point I’m trying to get at is it’s okay to get irritated with someone. It’s a whole different thing to act like that day was only meant for you and that no one else wasn’t allowed to celebrate good things happening in their lives. Xoxo

4 Likes

Why do you need the spotlight? Why does there even need to be one? Did you get engaged to bask in the attention of others? This seems incredibly immature.

6 Likes

You do you and never mind what goes on around you. Life is not a comparison game.

3 Likes

Don’t think that way, your husband should not have listened to them and just proposed to you as planned. Being petty is a mind set that works both ways, and is only ignited with a response. Takes two to tango. Keep that crap out of your head, let her announce and you just keep living your life without that competition over your head. She can revel in her drama you don’t have to. Ignore it. I digress, who says going first in announcements is better? Saving the best for last is the way to go! (Fresher)

1 Like

I believe you have a right to be upset. This person seems to repeatedly try to knock you back or one-up you all the time… I have a family member like that. It doesn’t matter what it is, she will try to outdo me. It gets old and a person does get bitter. It isn’t being petty or childish. It’s getting fed up with the bs and games. I no longer tell that side of the family my intentions or let them know my plans.

It was so bad that I couldn’t even mention what I got my kids for Christmas because that person would make a bee-line to the store and buy something bigger and more expensive.

5 Likes

You have a right to be upset! It was your special moment that you wanted to share with your family! I totally understand being the person who gets the shadow. I’m sorry that happened to you! But you got the ring and she got pregnant (not really a commitment) but congratulations on your engagement!

4 Likes

It doesn’t bother me personally but I can see why it would bother others. That’s ridiculous of her! Sounds like she is in desperate need of attention

1 Like

That’s what some sisters are like never can let someone steal the lime light over her thunder belive me I understand so well

2 Likes

I’d rethink my circle of friends. It’s a special moment for both of you. If there was already a plan in place for birth announcement then that’s just really wrong to just do that after things have been bought. Yes the word “spotlight” was used but I think overshadowed would have been better. We should all have our special moments. I’d tell her you are happy for her and what not but also take some space from her. He had a moment planned and she took that. Rethink your circle both of you because if they can’t respect that and vise versa they don’t need to be in your business

2 Likes

My mom is having her thanksgiving tomorrow for her kids and grandbabies. And im waiting for something to happen. I have the same issue with my sister. Part 1. I get extensions in my hair as it wasn’t very long. Post it on fb and my sister posts a picture of herself (she had long hair at the time) not even 4 minutes later saying and i quote “I love my long beautiful Natural hair” Part 2. i am pregnant with my son and i let everyone know and she tells my mother “aren’t you proud of me that Im the only one of your adult kids that hasn’t had a kid yet” Part 3. The baby shower. Its about celebrating my son in my belly and she parades around talking about how she decorated the whole thing herself (she did not) and how she should become a professional party decorator. Part 4. Have my son and worked my butt off to lose 20 lbs. Put on fb about how proud I am that I lost some baby weight not even 10 minutes later she posts a picture of herself about how beautiful she is and that shes not ready to have kids and give up this body. Part 5. My sons first birthday was at my moms house. Now mind you she did not announce this to the entire gathering (for which im thankful) but she went to my mom my brother both my sisters and me and 2 others i think and told us that she was pregnant… At my sons first birthday party. Part 6. Got engaged to my future husband and announced it, my sister who was indeed engaged before me who had already announced it months prior. Goes again to social media and announces how fortunate she is that her boyfriend could actually afford something nice as she knows her other family members arent as fortunate as her literally the same day I announce it when she hasn’t mentioned it in months. Part 7. My sister has a daughter every one else had sons and she goes to my mother “aren’t you happy that Im the only one of your kids that had a girl” When she was confronted by my mother who had had enough at this point my sister responds and i quote “Im just a competitive person, I cant help it”

Bottom line if she is anything at all like my sister, cut her out of your life cuz hunny it’s probably only going to get worse!

7 Likes

You’re just as bad as she is, you wanted the whole night to be about you getting engaged. It’s pretty dumb two grown women are fighting for attention like 5-year-olds.

Your family members can be happy about two things at once. Grow up.

4 Likes

Nope never had that problem. Never had any arguments at a gathering. An sure the fuck would have laughed at his stupid ass for even waisting the money on a ring that means absolutely nothing!!!

My drama came the day after Thanksgiving. Caught my partner/kids father using again which resulted in a bad fight & him moving out. The kids & I are devastated. At least you have someone to love you, it could always be worse :pensive:

I’d be happy it went the way it did. If my husband had proposed to me in front of my whole family on a holiday I would have been really pissed off. To me that’s a private moment.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that happened I’d be quite upset too altho id still make my bf propose but i understand were your coming from.my thanksgiving was ok until this dog bit my moms leg and left to fang marks and bleeding she had to be rushed to the hosptial she has diabetes and my bestfriend had seizures because it scared us to bad so i guess we both had a pretty bad thanks giving altho yours is way worse

1 Like

Lord y’all. It’s not abour her sister announcing her news, it’s the fact that sis PURPOSELY announced it knowing her sister’s bf planned to propose that day, when she planned on her announcement being at Christmas. It was done to INTENTIONALLY hurt the OP, not about wanting to share the spotlight with her. That’s the issue. This is more than just sibling rivalry, this is a shitty sister, who wants ALL the attention. I’m sure OP would have shared the light, but most ladies don’t know they’re getting proposed too, as she also didn’t know, until later that evening.

Could the bf still have proposed? Sure. But I’m sure he just wanted the day to be about his bride-to-be, be special, not sharing the spotlight with a vindictive witch. 🤷

Personally, I don’t like the spotlight, being the center of attention, having an audience swooning over you with congrats and hugs and blah, eek lol. This guy planned something special, confided in his “friend” who told his gf, who stole the OP’s moment. Something tells me it’s not the sisters first time ruining a moment for the OP or it wouldn’t be a big deal.