Just needing to vent

My husband told me this morning I don’t have a job or contribute, I work 12h a week. I gave up my 35h a week job as he is always traveling with his job and there is no one to mind our children, we have absolutely no family. He is always working, travels a lot. I just need to vent here; I don’t have people to talk to. I feel like leaving with my children.

1 Like

I would be livid if my husband said this to me.
What would he do if you were not there to take care of your kids and the rest of the house. Maybe you should take off /go away a few days and let him see all you contribute! He obviously has no clue… :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

1 Like

If you’re not happy and you can leave and want to leave, then do it!!! You choose what you put up with and how far is far enough, best of lucks!!! Stay strong!! Don’t think a man defines you!!!

1 Like

What was the reason why he made such statement? Do you feel like he is distant with you? Could he be seeing someone else while he is out on work trips? Either way follow your guts and do what’s best for you and your kids xoxo

You want to remind him that even if you are not bringing in as much money as he is, you are still contributing by looking after your children as you have no family to mind your children. Say that you know he is stressed right now and you appreciate what he does, but that you are working less hours so that you can take care of your family rather than leaving them with a stranger and that a childminder would cost money. It sounds like you need to spend some quality time together where you are both together and not at work or apart, even if it is just a walk to the beach . I hope this helps