Looking for unique baby names!

My girls’s names are Sophie and Faith. My boy’s names are Walker, Kresten & Oakley. If I’d have had another girl it would’ve been Violet.

I have one boy Harrison James. James is a family name and I chose Harrison because I felt it was just different enough

1 Like

My sons names are leonidas and liam dean. Our daughters name is kyra leigh and I love the name rylan

Name it after me, no one else will! I am a girl and it was originally a boys name (comic) Dondi

I was going to name a girl janaye after the j in my name. My grands are named Scarlette and Daisy. My son Phillip and Tyson.

My brother in law and his brothers are Duffy, Digger, Sparky and Rusty…

My oldest child just came out as trans M and has chosen Lystan as their name. I think its pretty cool and androgynous

Tamsin, Phoenix (Nixxie), Lilliana, and Kinzy are pretty for a girl and I like Tristan, Dante, Luca, and Finn for boys.

I have two daughters and I also wanted something unique and not that common. So I have a kira and a Eliana.

Atticus, Brentley, Kai, Ashton (boy or girl) Desiree, Jamilie (pronounced Yamilie) Fernanda, Maeva, or use your imagination & take part of your name & your spouse’s & create one. My husband used Terona for his dtr his name & his mom’s name.

We have Jordan Taylor and her girl is Leighton James, we have Brianna, Kelly Elizabeth, Rowan Marguerite, and cousins Brywnn Elizabeth, Meaghan, Rorie, Evelyn Evie, Adeline Addy, Erin, Dana, Avery

Someone I know named their son tanix and Rylan I always thought that was pretty unique and my daughter’s middle name is Lottie Mae which is also pretty unique

2 Likes

My mom had a unique name and I’ve never heard anyone else with it. Dorthleen

Congrats on your third baby. For girls Londyn, or London, Marla, Maris. Boys Brody my grandsons name and Spencer another grandson.

We’re expecting our 3rd and will name it Lennox for a girl and Holden for a boy!! My older 2 boys are Logan and Ryder

2 Likes

Paisley is my niece name love it. Also Daylyn. For boys Tiernan and maxwell ( Max)

These are not my kids names but I like Ember, Hadley, Willow, or Harper, for a girl and Emerson, James, or Myles for a boy.

Sage Marlee my girl
My boys are Khai Anthony, Parker Thomas, Asa Dallas,Micah Andrew and Ezra Austin

1 Like

My grandkids named: Riley, Robert, Lincoln, Theo, Mason and Emma. My favorite boys name was Owen and my girls name was Darcy. But my girls ended up with Lindsay and Amy.!

My daughters are Kieran and Kirstin. Kieran is traditionally a masculine name but I adored it for my first girl

My grandmas name was Elizabeth Kathrine and she was called Bess. I always thought if I had another girl it would be Kathrine Elizabeth and call her Kate E.

1 Like

My son is Andy. Not Andrew. My great-nephew is Dax. I always loved Carley or Chaley for a girl.

I have Jared Martin and Kenna Annalise. Some of the girl names where I work are Seraphina, Ariebella, Nevaeh, Amari, Piper, Alyce, and Amelia. Some of the boy names are Harlan, Dominik, Branden, Elijah, Zachariah, and Wesley.

sawyer…works for boy or girl then you know what to call baby befor birth choose a middle name that is masculine or feminine depending on birt

My grand daughters name Josie Violet and Blake Lee. My grandsons are Levi, Cole and Calvin Hansen(Cal Hansen).

My two sons are Finn & Zander. Grandson named Zavon(Zav-in) Also always liked Locklyn for boy or girl.

Hill could work for a girl or a boy. Merritt is unusual for a boy.

Abriona Nicole is my grand daughters name. Almost named her Harper Noel
My grandsons name is Liam Jaydon. I also like Birdie Skye, Tiffany Nichole, Victoria Skye, Logan Parker, Roman Tyler

Calley sounds like Caleigh or Callie my maiden name is McAlley we “made” the name up to honor my father.

I have a neighbor that named their daughter Oakley and their son Zane. :heart:

Don’t have a girl but always liked Cara Rose

Taylor, boy or girl name. My daughter is a Taylor but our male friend is also Taylor

Magnolia or Juniper for a girl. Boys are harder but I work with a little boy named Zen who has a brother named Tesla :woman_shrugging:

Chase and Harper are my boy and girls name. I’m due in 4 weeks and her name will be a Ensley.

3 of my 4 kids have names that are not really common right now, but not real unusual either, Aaron Alexander, Edward James and Erica Rose with my youngest I didn’t pay attention to how popular the name we picked was, Jacob Nicholas.

My mother did not give me or my sister middle names. She said girls didn’t need middle names after they got married.

1 Like

I knew a girl who is no longer with us sad. She was born on Friday so that’s what they named her

As a NICU nurse we see a lot of names please just be mindful of the name you pick so that your child does not get made fun of later in life if you want to be unique. You can be different but yet elegant at the same time. It’s is awesome that some of the “old” names are coming back like Olivia, Scarlett, etc.

1 Like

Try combining family names. You may come up with your own unique name.

I have a grandsons named Hunter, Nikoli, Rexen and Rally.

My granddaughters are Trystan Paige, Sage Marie, Madyson Ann, Nova Lee. Grandsons are Logan James, Gavyn Phillip, and Brayden Thomas

My daughters name is Bexley. We were planning on it for girl or boy.

Have you ever watched the sextuplets from Texas? She has most unusual names for her children. Blue, Rayne, Lake and I can’t remember the other’s names.

1 Like

Jensyn or Jensen for a girl or a for a boy. Strong yet different name.

I have always loved the names Ava and Jade for girls and Scott and Derick for boys. Also Sydney for girls

I know a couple whose kids are named tanner for boy and Tatum for a girl also Aspen is cool for a girl

Aspen is a cute name for either a girl or boy

Well I have 11 children, but I have a interesting name, for a girl Ryechelle Ryelynne. For a boy Samuel Elijah. Neither of them are my kids names.

My daughter’s name is Kyntessa. I had a coworker named Ave’rein and another co-worker named her baby Lyric

1 Like

My mom has a unique name it’s Zanonia Irene my dad’s name was J. D. Initials only. Never heard anyone else with those names. Except my brother who was a Jr. after my dad

1 Like

Ramey (Ray Me) was a boy in a movie a long time ago and a girl I went to high school with had a brother named Romley!

1 Like

My girls are Haley Alexis, Katherine Jewel and Leslee Inez we choose family names

Unisex names: Kennedy/Kenadee, Reagan ( both very presidential), Devin/Devon, Terry/Terri, Mackenzie (Mack or Kenzie), Harlow/Harlowe, River/Ryver,or any of the “initial” names, RJ, AJ, PJ, KC (Casey?) or, my own name Tony/Toni ( still a bit unusual for a female)

2 of my granddaughters they are sisters are Edith-Eve and Lillith-Lyn. There older sister who has passed away was Tequila Marie. My daughter’s friend just had a baby girl this morning actually and her name is addalynn Reign. My girls are Tasha Renee’ and Jillian Angela

1 Like

My daughter’s name is Kailana. After we found out that it is actually used as a boy’s name in Hawaii. Kai means the sea and Lana calm waters or float.

My grandmother’s name was Annie Lee Chapel…Lee Chapel her middle name. She came from Texas to Missouri in a covered wagon as a child of 5.

My youngest daughter is named Rory Cade. You could easily make that Unisex by spelling the middle name Kade.

Hayle,Kayle,Baylee,Laylah,Bentle,Noah are all the little ones in the family They older ones are Heather,Dylan,Cody,Branden.

I wanted my last one to be Alex, as a girl, but my husband did not. I have Alisa Kailey, Ally Paige, Andrew Michael, and Allison Wynell

I know two babies born in the last few months. One boy one girl. Same name different spelling. Carson, Carsyn

I work in a call center… just dont make the spelling odd or EVERY time they will have to spell it for me…

My granddaughter’s name is Bristol Reese. Her brother is Cash. I like Tatum for either and Tate for a boy.

My name is not too common, I heard it was Russian for “old tree”. Don’t know how and why My mother ever named me that and for a middle name, Gene!. For 16 years I always spelled it with a "J’, til I was told to sign with a “G” or change your birth certificate for income tax !!

I went with common but misspelled. Elyzabeth pronounced Elyza Beth. Symantha, Kaitlynne and Alexzander. Lyza has had the most problems with correct pronunciation.

As someone with an extremely common name, type in top names of the last 5 years. Avoid anything in the top 20 unless it’s a family name. Save your child from the multiple kids with the same name. I say that as 1 of 8 in my high school class. I was always at least 1 of 3 all through school.

3 Likes

I have a son named Koltin and a boy in the way- his name will be Maddox. If he were a girl his name would have been Karsyn.

You already mentioned it if it’s a girl “Unique”

My youngest is Finley (I wanted just Fin but my husband wanted 6letters since out other 2 ended up with 6letters). The other name we liked for him was Lawson. My oldest is Dalton, the other name for him was Dawson.

My youngest is Tuesday Lorraine and my oldest is Violette Raine

My daughters are Breña Colleen (pronounced Bren-Ya) and Eliza Keaton.

My daughter is Kaydence or is she was a boy it was going to be Kayden.

Tree names…willow, cedar,asher,seqoia…I also like sparrow and piper

When I was young I was gonna make my kid Rikki Dawn, or Ricky Don for a boy. Didn’t have kids tho.

1 Like

If you use an unusual spelling, they will have to spell it for people all their life.

1 Like

Just remember they have to learn to spell it, try not to confuse them phonetically

Im due in 6 weeks and picked out Ansley for a girl and layke for a boy

One of my granddaughters is named Rydlee Burke … could be used for a male also!

Rowan is my favorite name, and it’s unisex.

I never had kids but I had Shane Michael picked out of I ever had a boy. I like the name Grace for a girl

My oldest is a girl. My dad ( may he rest in peace) named her Sdelmaccida which is quite unique cuz each letter represents the first letter of a close family member. So growing up she’ll know where her roots started.

Madison is good – can be used for boy OR girl!

My daughters name is Talona and my stepdads grandsons are Gunner and Hunter!

Mine are Sarrah Paige, Kirsten Alexandra Giselle, Emma Jane, Ryen Hope, Aryn Joy. Our son is Dalton James.

Aspen, Zephyr, Willow, Zendaya, Zerenity, Alora, Dahlia, Jasper, Onyx, Jade, Azure,

(Girls)Jorja, Adley, Aja, Hailey can use middle name Rae with any. (Boys) Grayson, Jett, Micah, Asher.

My son is Corin. My daughters are Jaiden and Arya.
I like Sebastian for a boy and would have named the youngest that if she had been a boy. Like Serenity and Kenna for girls names.

For a boy: Gannon or Gunnar and for a girl: Everleigh or Amberly. Come to think if it the name Shawn isn’t that common anymore and spell Sean

Why are you looking at names other people have used?
Figure out what is important to you and then research! Otherwise, you are just.copying a name. And if you do that, just go for Mary or James.

My grandson is due Dec. 23rd & his name will Atreyu from the Never Ending Story

My sons name is Nicolo Isauro … his first name is my grandmothers maiden name. His middle name is my husbands grandfathers name.

My son’s name is Shane. Not very popular, but not very out there either.

My son’s names are Destry Thomas , Lance Elijah, Coleman Scott I think they are all greatly named :blush:

I love the name Kenjan for a girl or boy. Kind of rhymes with Injun though.

Someone already said it but i like Reed for a girl or a boy.

Were you asking for a name that could be used for either a boy or a girl

My kids names are unique but not simple. My daughters names are Raya (Ray-ah) and Sorcha (soar-sha), and my son’s name is Ryker.

If you have twins name them “Smith and Wesson”.

3 Likes

My husbands name is Carson…have heard it used for girls as well…

Amber Rose was the girls name had my adult son been born a girl.

Kaitlin Lauren, Ryan Michael, Collin James, Justin Richard and Jameson Bowie Ross.
If I would have had another girl her name would have been Teagan Braye.

Rhett or Sawyer for a boy, Journey or Gracelynn for a girl