Mhy water broke and I was sent home: Has this happened to anyone else?

At 34 + 5 weeks you should have a weekly OB-GYN appointment that would be your follow-up but if you have any other concerns I will go to another emergency room because if yesterday you were 1.5 centimeters dilated you could be ready to give birth at any time and giving birth doesn’t always constitute pain so what I would do is go back at least by tomorrow to my OBGYN if not call today and explain to them what you experienced yesterday

With my first my waters went and i was allowed home for 5 days before they induced me I was 37 and 5 xx

Happened to me c section week later had to use vacuum to get her out super dry birth she stayed in hospital 5 days do to bruising

Different hospital ASAP

2 Likes

Go to a different hospital!

Go to another hospital

Go to a different hospital ASAP! I delivered my first at 34w6d, we tried to stop labor at 34w on but at 34w6d my water broke so they immediately transferred me to a nearby hospital with a nicu available and he was born like 8 hours later.

My water broke at 28 weeks. I was kept in the hospital on complete bed rest until she was born at 31 weeks.

Go back!! I didnt know my water had broke but was having contractions so we went to the hospital! They tested it and sure enough it had broke and they kept me! Go to a different hospital! That is ridiculous

Definitely go back or to another hospital. Your baby could be in danger if left too long with no water. Good luck

Go back & demand to stay !

1 Like

I was put on bed rest when my water broke early. I had my son 3 weeks later. My water broke at 29 weeks, I was admitted to hospital but they tried to send me home. I declined and said there’s no way I would actually be able to be on bed rest with 3 small kids at home. I was induced when he hit 32 weeks, they had done an NST and didn’t like the results so I basically had time to make calls and that was it. I was having an NST everyday to monitor baby

yeah I had same he came a week later all was good

1 Like

My waters broke just before I went into labour I had a long labour and I caught sepsis

i wud advise u to go to ur gp n explain him let him do da scan n tell u der u will av one on one conversation

1 Like

I’d be going to a different hospital.
Or if no choice, go back to that one and demand to be seen again.

My waters ruptured at 35 Weeks. They kept me in hospital for TWO weeks to push to get me to 37 Weeks. I was on antibiotics, two steroid injections and around the clock monitoring for any signs of infection (also had two ultrasounds in that time).
Was a damn long two weeks but they didn’t think of sending me home (more so as well as I was attempting VBAC). But with how early you are AND little fluid, I wouldn’t be staying home…

There are cases where it is appropriate to give antibiotics and steroids and wait to see what the body will do naturally. However, it is imperative that you call your regular OB and get an appointment ASAP as the doctor at the hospital has likely not spoken to your regular doctor at all.

2 Likes

Go to a different hospital!!

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem right to me. If it was me, I would go to another hospital and get another opinion right now

7 Likes

No…but i was induced and sent home… I did not think they sent anyone home after your water breaks??? I have 6 and Never heard of that… especially if your like me… after my water breaks, baby comes out within an hour, if that…go elsewhere asap!!!

Go back. To a different hospital. My baby stood zero chance because of chorio in a triplet pregnancy (lost two a few days prior) and had to be delivered too early to survive.

1 Like

Go to a different hospital they are risking your lives. My water broke at 29 weeks and the hospital kept me there for 9 days when I went into active labor.

2 Likes

Go to a different hospital and doctor. You can not be released.

1 Like

Go to a different hospital asap

Omg go back! Yes you can’t go that long after it breaks someone I know lost a baby from a hospital doing that crap

1 Like

My water broke at 29. Delivered at 32 but so stayed in the hospital on strict bedrest the entire time

Uhh once your water breaks that’s it, baby is coming soon, even if your body hasn’t progressed yet, get to your ins ASAP! Or try another hospital. I was leaking the water fluid slowly in the end and they monitored me several times awake to make sure he baby was still getting oxygen. If your water has officially broke you need to be induced and at the hospital ready for the baby❤️

1 Like

My water broke a week before I had both my daughters

I worked on a L&D unit and if someone’s water broke early, they remained in the hospital on the unit until either baby decided to come or it was safe enough to induce mom. They should have never sent you home! I would either go back there or to another hospital because you don’t want to get an infection or have something happen to baby!

4 Likes

I would go back to the hospital

Omg. Go to another hospital. That’s crazy.

2 Likes

Go back to hospital. You should be kept in and baby monitored every few hours until you can be induced or go into labour naturally. They also should keep checking bloods and obs to make sure no infection. My baby was born at 33+5 was in hospital a week after waters broke before I went into active labour.

1 Like

I would go back to the hospital. My water broke at 28 weeks, I was medivaced to a larger city hospital where I was put on bed rest for 1 week. Was released to travel home, my girl barely waited 1 week and went into labor at 30 weeks & had my girl

I broke my waters at 21 weeks and never gave birth until 36 weeks.
I was also down to minimal fluid.
Keep drinking plenty of water or keep regenerating the water around ur baby.
PPROM is what it’s classed as x best of luck

1 Like

My water broke with my oldest (and I did not know) and he almost died due to being a dry birth! Go back (no fluid to breath)!! You are risking infection and your baby having no fluid.

They sent you home?! That’s ridiculous! If your water had already broken they are supposed to keep you because it can go really fast and the baby can come at any time. My water broke with my second baby and omg did I dilate fast!

1 Like

Get to another hospital

My water broke at 25 weeks, I was sent home till I had him at 33 weeks

1 Like

This is not good. Get to another hospital asap. With your water broken you will have a dry birth. Please get to a different hospital asap

1 Like

You can go up to 72 hours AFTER YOU’RE TERM!!
A nurse at my Dr told me if I went into labor before 37 weeks even if my water broke she would stop my labor and give me those shots and my Dr looked at her like she was insane and told her to leave me alone.

1 Like

Go back why are you even asking mamma it is not safe . If they don’t see you at the hospital go to another. Change of plans your baby comes first

1 Like

Water DOES however replenish itself during labor (it’s supposed to anyway)

1 Like

When my water broke early they made me stay in the hospital until i was far enough in my pregnancy to be induced.

1 Like

I’m shocked you were sent home. Go.to another hospital asap

1 Like

This is insane! Go back! When my water broke i kept pushing to be seen! I was 34 weeks when my son was born.

Yeah i would go to another hospital. My water broke just as i was being released after going in for contractions and they told me they had to keep me since my water broke because that puts me at risk for infection.

I would find hospital with a good NICU and go there honestly.

1 Like

I hope you went to another hospital. Please give an up date on you and your beautiful baby

There’s something wrong with this scenario. Go to a different hospital.

GO TO A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL!! I was almost induced because my amniotic fluid was at 5.3 and if it was under 5 they would have. They say it needs to be at least at 9cm!

You know your body…I had a friend who went to her doctor telling him that something was wrong with her baby…she wasn’t feeling her moving. The doctor sent her home, told her nothing was wrong, and to come back the next day when she was due for a sonogram. When she went back the baby was dead. Her umbilical cord had gotten wrapped around her neck. She had to finish carrying the baby to term. Please listen to yourself and your body.

2 Likes

Whichever major city near you has the best NICU. Go to that hospital.

Not good go back babys life you know best

The water can replenish drink loads of water an rest

When my water broke they said baby had to come out…:woman_shrugging:t2: I wasn’t allowed to leave the hospital.

My assumption is that your wording might be the issue here. Usually when people say their water broke, it means all/most. You still have some (although on the low side, obviously). It can regenerate some (stay very well hydrated). You also don’t mention if the hospital sent you home on bedrest or said to resume normal activities, I’m guessing bedrest. There’s no way they didn’t tell you to follow up with your OBGYN (because that’s how they cover themselves), so check your paperwork again and your discharge instructions.
No matter what their paperwork says, I would call your OB today, tell them what happened and ask when they want you to come in. An ER/hospital isn’t going to keep you for continuous monitoring if there aren’t major concerns and they probably don’t consider this as major as others. Your doctor should be the one to have you come in and do scans at least weekly to check the levels and make sure you’re rebuilding, not losing more.
Try to calm, call your OB and go from there

3 Likes

Go to a hospital w a NICU. My water broke at 34 weeks and I stayed in the hospital on antibiotics and other meds til I reached 35 weeks and then they induced me and my baby had a 4 days stay in NICU. They said that once ur water breaks, u r confined to the hospital til the baby is born. That way they can monitor u for infection or any other complications that may arise from ur water breaking early. If u do start to show any lil sign of infection, they will induce u early. Been in that situation w my 3rd. Best of luck

My mums waters broke with me on 4th of November she was sent home , I arrived the 11th November .

I am not trying to add to ur stress level at all, just commenting bc my sister literally just went thru this. She was 32, almost 33 weeks when her water broke. She went to the hospital and they transferred her to another hospital more capable of dealing with premies and told her she had to stay in the hospital until the baby comes bc of risk of infection. She was on antibiotics the whole time. Baby came 5 days later and been in the NICU ever since. Its been almost 2 weeks now. Id get a second opinion.

I had a c section after 28 hrs of my water breaking . I was told the baby would be at high risk of infection and respiratory distress after 48 hrs. Go to another hospital. This just doesn’t sound right

3 Likes

I was 21 weeks pregnant with my son I was on bed rest till I gave birth a month early now my son is a giant and healthy

My water was leaking and I had to stay in the hospital! I was in labor for 37 hours and leaking the whole time. Go to a different hospital! It’s not safe for the baby or you!

1 Like

I went a week with my water broke with my second. He was born completely healthy. Trust your instincts and talk to your doctor. Sending prayers.

Go to a hospital with a level 4 NICU.

Sounds like your water didn’t break it’s just leaking is why you were sent home. If you are worried go back and get checked.

1 Like

Your can replenish water by staying hydrated and as long as baby is moving normal then the doctors aren’t worried but if you feel like your not drinking enough water or something Is off keep going back in.

1 Like

The baby creates the fluids and will replenish you… Also the sac can seal back up aswell… They probably want you to reach atleast 37 by then babys lungs are fully formed and working… Make a dr appt with your obgyn and get more detaild

1 Like

Your water can NOT be replenished. After 48 hrs, they should do something, like delivering the baby. 24 hrs after your water is broken you really should deliver, but if you were in the hospital where they can monitor you, & give antibiotics, than a little longer is good. Your water sac is there to protect the baby, if it broken, there is no protection. I would go back & say you are cramping bad.

4 Likes

Instead of Questions about what to do Get back to the Hospital and throw a fit about being sent home Or go to another Hospital Or go to your OBGYN and don’t leave until he or She See’s You They should have never sent you Home Go get some answers and good luck

1 Like

I’d go to a different hospital if I were you!

2 Likes

my sil water broke on Christmas had baby two days later…

My water broke at 25 weeks, the hospital wouldn’t let me go home didn’t even mention it… said I would have to stay till I was 34 weeks and she would have to be took. I ended up having her a week later but they did say she made her own water and even after my water broke the ultrasound the next day showed she had a good amount of water.

When your water break there is a high risk of infection to your placenta. I unfortunately lost my daughter because of this. Go to a different hospital and get a second opinion

I would go to a different hospital that’s in your network because it’s a danger to be discharged after your water being broke due to infection and a huge stress to your baby

1 Like

Please go back to the hospital or to your doctor. The baby is not safe after the water broke

do we really need to know all this

5 Likes

Go back to the hospital and tell them you WILL NOT LEAVE until they give you proper medical care.

Go to the hospital now. Or go to a different hospital if you can.

With my first my waters broke on the 14th at 3 am, I was sent home and told if nothing happened by the evening to come back and they will see what’s happening, went back was having mild cramps and back pain, they sent me home as it looked like things might happen on its own but they booked me a induction just in case, I was induced on the 15th and had him on the 16th. The fact that you are only 34 weeks worries me, I’d go straight back to the hospital and demand to be seen

Go back to a hospital that has a NICU and have peace of mind Good Luck!!

Make a fallow up appt. With your OB. Ot just depends on your situation, sometimes the sack will seal back up. Sometimes ot will slowly leak. But whenever yoir in the hospital they always tell you to fallow up with your OB!

1 Like

My dr was gonna send me home, right after he walked out, my water broke. So … there I sat. Both back and front labor. Was brutal. And I was only 4cm dialated. As soon as they gave me IV pain killer, my labor stopped completely. He prepped me for an emergency c section after that. My dr wouldn’t risk me or my baby getting hurt so I’m glad for him and his decision.

id go back!!! maybe call your obs office? after hours the should be able to page him

1 Like

Where is this happening? ?

2 Likes

Go to a different hospital

Got to another hospital! Good luck with baby💙

girl take your ass to another hospital

I would go back definitely becuz my bag didnt break it was leaking and they did the swab test came back and was negative nothing showed all they said was i basically peeing myself or discharge lol but my heart knew it was my babyboy and when i went back again at the same time and they swab me again i came back positive for my bag leaking so my bag leaking actually last a week and 2 days and turned out i had to get induced and was pregnant to my amazing babyboy at 35 weeks :blue_heart::blue_heart: go back plz !!!

Sending you home with antibiotics (to prevent infection) is normal and sensible and may help you avoid an unnecessary c-section. Water replenishes and bags sometimes seal. Go to your OB and follow whatever advice s/he gives. Only s/he can judge your situation.

When I was pregnant with my now 6 year old my water broke at 17 weeks. They told me to terminate because there was no way he would survive in me with no fluid. I refused so I was sent home to wait to go into labour on my own. If I developed a fever, I needed to go in. I was admitted at 23 weeks and given steroids. He stayed in me with almost no fluid until just over 27 weeks.

Literally chilling in the OB office for a postpartum follow up when I saw this post, my OB said GO TO A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL! That is a huge risk! Prayers headed your way!

4 Likes

The doctors today ain’t worth a flying damn! They do too much guessing yet send you a bill for thousands of dollars. Go to another hospital.

Did they test for amniotic fluid?
If so and positive you need to stay in hospital . That’s how it’s been done for me before once at 35 weeks and second time at 39 weeks .
They then induce your labor if no contractions present yet .
I’d also go to another hospital but all depends wether you trust and only want your Dr. to Deliver the baby

1 Like

Definitely go back!! You make them listen to you. Don’t go unheard, be the voice for you and your baby!!

You definitely do not want to experience a dry birth either! Make that be known to your doctor. I’m sure antibiotics and steroids are the answer now! But a dry birth! Girl

I would go back to the hospital and demand care!!!

1 Like

If your water broke they can’t let you leave the hospital. GO RIGHT BACK. My water broke but nothing was happening, they STILL COULDN’T LET ME LEAVE…had to start inducing me! If they won’t take you, go to a different hospital. Its 24 hrs not 48…24 hrs after your water breaks, they will start considering a c-section if you haven’t delivered yet.

4 Likes

They are waiting for the contractions to start most likely you will have the baby inside this week.

Go back to the hospital.!! When my water had a very small leak the hospital immediately admitted me and started me on pitiocin to start inducing me. I fought against the medicine because he was a few weeks early. They then began explaining if he wasn’t born soon infection could set in and it would hurt him and me. In addition, if I didn’t let the medicine work and he wasn’t born within a certain time then they would do a C-section. I barely fell under their deadline. So get to the hospital now

Definitely go back!!! Your baby’s safety is at risk!!! My daughter is 36 weeks pregnant and was leaking fluid and the doctor told her that if it continues and there’s not enough fluid around the baby then they have to do an emergency C-section so please, please go back!! Good luck and I will pray for you and your baby

1 Like