Mhy water broke and I was sent home: Has this happened to anyone else?

girl fly back n dont leave the hospital! then sue them for their decision to retain stupidity! they put u n ur bby so at risk!

1 Like

Go back!!! This is not safe. Go to a different hospital if available. That is so wrong of them to send you home

9 Likes

That happened to me. I was in the hospital until my due date or I went into labor. Whichever case first. You need to go back.

Please update us, i hope you sought help!!

Once the water breaks it poses a risk for infection. You need to be in the hospital. Your body will continue to make amniotic fluid until you deliver so that’s no the issue but infection is a huge risk!

4 Likes

My water broke at 25 weeks they kept me at 29 weeks they had to do a emergency csection n take him.i would go back they are not suppose to release you once your water breaks you can still carry with baby the baby makes their own fluids

ALWAYS TRUST YOUR GUT! IF YOU ARE WORRIED GO BACK!!! If you think something is wrong then always double check!!!

GO BACK! LIKE YESTERDAY! i cannot believe they released you!

1 Like

Call your OB or go back to the hospital or another hospital my water broke at 35 weeks had not even begun to dilate and they induced me

If you are concerned go back or call your ob.
When my water broke at 35 weeks I was kept there and on iv antibiotics and monitored.

Get back to that hospital girl they shouldn’t of let u leave!!!

1 Like

Call ur dr and tell him what they said/did. Then I would go to a different hospital!!!

Go to a different hospital.

I hope you take all the advices that you get here. When i was pregnant from my third son the water broke and they said that he must be born in 48 hours, he wasn’t born so they induced me. When he was born he was very sick. They brought him to the nicu and there he was vomiting and couldn’t hold anything inside. They washed his stomach several times with a tube. They gave him an lumbar puncture because they where afraid of meningitis. Thank god he was fine. But if i didn’t listen to my heart he wouldn’t be alive today.

My water broke at 35 weeks. It was 19years ago and back then they induced me and said I had t have her in 24 hr to prevent infection.
I had her 21 hrs later but they were gonna do a c section if I didn’t have her in the next couple of hours.
I would definitely go back

It happened to me,but the did not let me go home.I even insisted that the should allow me to go,that once contraction starts I will come back,no way.the said I have to stay back.lnfact when the saw that my stomach was almost dry.the doctor now told me that the have to induce me,cos I was still in 2cm.please stay back or go to a better hospital immediately for a serious attention please

I would go back n tell them to induce immediately

My OB wouldnt even wait the 48 hours they said the sooner the safest

I would be concerned also… Is there another hospital you can go and be seen at… Cause thats ridiculous, your water broke. Thats not good to just send you back home even if you arent dilated… And was it nurses you spoke to? Because with me I was sent home 3 times with pains i couldnt breath through( i was in labor) and because i was only 2 cm dialated they sent me home saying to take tylenol that i wasnt having my son… I had so much pain i kept going they kept sending me home… It took to to google a doctor, not a nurse told him, he could hear through our phone conversation that i couldnt speak through my contractions and he told me he will be waiting for me at the hospital… 30 min later i had my son… That doctor was my angel… And nurses think they know way more than they do… And id take the peoples names of who sent you home also…

2 Likes

Omg go back! My water broke and I didnt know it, it didnt break completely, thought I was pissing myself, yadda, yadda. Anyways, didnt go till two days later and my son was born with an organism in his lung and had to go on antibiotics BECAUSE i took too long to figure it out! Hes ok, healthy mouthy 15 yr old lol, but still! Go back now!

GO TO A DIFFERENT HOSPITAL! Dry births are NOT SAFE,for either of you and baby! I would sue the hospital if anything happen to your baby.You are at a huge risk for infection. PLEASE SEEK HELP ELSEWHERE.

Go to another hospital

Call your doctor now.

Go back to the hospital or any hospital, any where decent should have kept you.

You need to go back now. If they try to send you home, tell them that you will report them to the board. That is very dangerous for the baby and you

Go back from a mother of a stillborn go back demand !!!

Go back to the ER NOW

Of course its happened to other women. It means your going to have a dry birth and its gonna suck big time