My 14-Year-Old Daughter Started Smoking: Should I Kick Her Out?

Take her phone thats the first step and tell her if she wants to b owned by something for the rest of her life, go ahead

So i get being mad about smoking but you are bound by law to care for her and I’m going to say this you as her parent won’t be able to stop her from smoking thats me being honest teens always find a way to do it the question is how is she getting And why is she doing it? have you asked her why? Show her videos of what happens when you smoke for A long period of time what happens to your lungs and brain and what kind of drugs weed or something else ? I would just talk to her see what she says maybe something else is going on idk its hard being a teen your body is going threw all kinds of changes and try to be open but make sure she knows the line if you have to send her to a family or a friend if she won’t listen tell her she can come back when shes not doing drugs and can learn some respect but dont kick her out anything can to her and youll beat yourself up over it if it did and the what youll be left with shoulda coulda woulda just saying try another way

1 Like

Ugh my teen girls asked me for weed for Christmas!! Wtf like noooooo how do they even think thats ok :rage:

You need to have a good talk with her, when i was her age all my friends were smoking and smoking marijuana too. My mom sat me down and talked to me, told me how she didn’t want me to start a nasty habit and that I’ll regret it when I’m older. I tried both at that age but it never turned into a habit. Everybody seems so shocked, I’m not surprised, she is a teenager now. You need to be both firm and supportive.

You a horrible person no wonder she wants to go off and do that stuff I hope you are ready for a pregnant drug addict and possibly killing her self

2 Likes

Well if you’re that quick to just give up on her, no wonder she’s disrespectful. I wouldn’t respect someone who clearly doesn’t care if the first thing to come to your mind is kicking out your child. She’s 14 ffs. Welcome to parenting. It’s gonna get a lot harder before it gets easier.

3 Likes

Wow…kicking out a 14yo? Having been the parent and aunt of kids who brought home friends who had been “kicked out” by their parents between 14 & 17…I just cant imagine! Hell no…you can bet my family took in those kids and supported them until the situation was resolved…usually within a few days.

Ground her…from devices, friends, etc. School and home only. Put down your foot and do some disciplining instead of throwing her away.

5 Likes

You are the parent! Do not let her control you. There is a lot of help. Don’t give up on her.

I started smoking at that age and nothing my mom dad aunt uncle grandmother could say stopped me. My friends smoked and we all thought we where the cool kids.
I wish I never started smoking its lead to alot of heath issues but unfortunately I was a teenager and thought my friends and I new more than our family. Kicking your 14 yr old out is just going to cause more problems than smoking and being disrespectful.

Look into alternatives to Kicking her out like probation for kids teens, therapy

Oh and sitting down and actually talking to your child and by talking i mean shut up and listen to ur child’s thoughts and upons on things you’ll be surprised to learn whats really going on and your attention maybe what she is looking for which is why she started smoking

1 Like

This is kid stuff/phases. Being there is the better option than kicking her to the curb… Imagine the damage that will do

This is the problem with society today, kid does something that you don’t want them to so you throw them out and let them become someone else’s problem. She’s YOUR KID, you don’t have a choice! Man up and parent! I raised my boys, who were no where near perfect with a “no matter what you do, I’ll always love you” attitude. Stop giving up on your kids and throwing them away!!!

7 Likes

Nope. If she can’t respect your rules then there’s the door.

Show her videos on YouTube of Barb Tarbox and others. Show her what cigarettes will do to you.

2 Likes

She is 14! Take her phone away and monitor her and make her earn things back. You kicking her out is just letting her do exactly what she wants to do. Kids who act up are more than likely looking for extra love at home. Do more mommy and her things to keep her busy and staying on track.

9 Likes

This didnt pass the vibe check she asked for advice not to be attacked :woman_facepalming:t2: i smoked at 14 and i got cigarettes without my parents knowing talk to her and let her know its not cool it makes your breathe and clothes stink it damages your lungs educate her on the consequences of smoking regulate her time with her friends dont allow her to spend time with them

I wish yall wouldn’t bash, or be sarcastic with these comments… she’s asking out of desperation, obviously! I am a helicopter parent and my kids have all tried this… and when they cry about missing their friends or being depressed about not having a social life I remind them who ruined that by breaking VERY CLEAR RULES I set for them. I also offer to bring them to therapy as an outlet for their absolute HATRED of my parenting method. You shouldn’t threaten to do anything… simply DO SOMETHING.

Get her away from those so called friends

Has she had traumatic experiences?
Is your household toxic?
Experimenting is one thing… but there’s usually a reason kids go down that path and stay there.
She’s at an age where the things you do in response to het are going to make or break her when she’s an adult.
Go to therapy TOGETHER.
Go on walk and talks.
Be real and ask her what about drugs does she find appealing?

I was one of those kids that grounding didn’t work for. It was never about rebelling for me, it was that NO ONE would TALK to me. No one cared enough to find an underlying issue. Everyone jsut called me a piece of shit, grounded me, and went about their day. Don’t be that parent. Please.

You’re SO wrong for that. what is it with parents and thinking that their child has no autonomy over their own life? She can’t have the freedom to make her own choices? if she has the audacity to want the freedom to make her own choices, she needs to leave your house?

1 Like

No friends no phone and stay home. Period.

Shes a teenager… all teenagers try out smoking :woman_shrugging: just cause she smokes now doesnt mean shes going to smoke for the rest of her life… I started at that age my parents didnt threaten me to pack my bags, I personally think what you said was wrong. Your suppose to be there for her not kick her out.kicking her out could cause more smoking and more drug use because she wont have anybody to try and lead her the right way. I think your being abit to hard on her. Shes not 18 yet shes your responsibility till shes 18

1 Like

You told your 14 yr old to pack her bags. :grimacing: Give her more responsibility. If she isn’t listening then she needs to pay her way, do for herself! The money coming somewhere!

My mom found cigarettes in my room at 15 told me if I was going to smoke to please do it I infront of her not behind her back I never picked up another.

Who is the parent? Great she admitted now she needs to quit. If all her friends want to have unprotected sex and get pregnant at 14 she will do it too?

1 Like

If shes 14, ground her ass and put her on strict restrictions like no fun except school. If she is going to act like that before she can even get a job, she doesnt deserve freedom because she cant handle it. Kicking her out will only.make it worse. Just my opinion though

Try taking her somewhere that has people who have developed things from smoking. Cancer. Hole in neck. Etc. Maybe if she see what it can really do she’ll want to change her mind.

No, whatever she does don’t kick her out, she’s only 14 years old! She needs you now more than ever❤️

Do Not throw her out.

Too young to do vices yet also too young to be unsafe on the streets. Have you tried not giving her money & taking her gadgets? I’m sure she’s not going to to choose her friends over you because she’s still dependent. Who else in the family does she listen to? If she’s disrespecting you, maybe you want to have someone else talk to her about it at a different relationship level. We have to admit that at that age of discovery & exploration, most teenagers won’t listen to their parents but would take someone else’s advise.

I was smoking cigarettes at 7 and by 10, no one could have stopped me. Should my mom have kicked me out at 10?? That’s your solution??

1 Like

Yeah no. Kicking your child out is the worst thing you could do Or even just stating that. Smoking cigarettes are bad, But there are alot of people who smoke. I started smoking at that age. Don’t you want her to be able to come to you to talk about things like that Or tell you the truth? Holy shit. I remember when I thought I couldn’t talk to my parents about personal things like that because I thought I would be in deep shit, Which made it even worse.

Don’t send her away, she needs you more now than ever

Just a heads up:
Be prepared. She can now go to any youth organization, her school, a hospital, etc., and tell them you kicked her out and you will face consequences for kicking her out.

My neighbor’s daughter did that and the cops and a social worker showed up at her door within a day warrant in hand ready to arrest her and open a CPS case.

It’s your choice, but I hope you have a good lawyer :woman_shrugging:t2:

Yes!!! Don’t kick her out… my mom kicked me out and I wish she would have put me over her knee instead its cigarettes not the end of the world show her the negative effects of smoking

1 Like

She is 14 , you are the parent , take her phone , computers , give her rules and boundaries , consequences to her actions . I raised 5 kids it is tough but you just need to show consistency…

6 Likes

Whoop her ass and take everything but her mattress. Make it seem like a prison

Make her watch the TV series scared straight… It’s a show about delinquent teens who are shown around rail of what it’s really like… I showed my teen and yeah presto attitude changed

No dont kick her out! Put her on lock down! She will ruin her life. I behaved the same way when I was her age and it just got worse. I wish my parents had .

3 Likes

After many years of marriage without a child finally I’m happy to have my own son, With the help of Sarah. I was able to conceive and have my own child. I contacted Sarah after reading different testimonies about her great work of spell casting and healing, She is rely a great healer and spell caster i said to myself. I told her about my problem of conceiving and she assured me i will be fine and have a child soon. she told me cost for this and i gave it a try without second thought, After seven days of contacting her, she sent me a package which i used and today my marriage is safe and in good terms, You can contacting her For Lottery spell, love spell, promotion spell, pregnancy spell, You can also contact her for cure to any kind of illness. You can reach her on Whatsapp +17205852854 OR BY EMAIL Psychicsarah9@gmail. com. she is real and guaranteed.

You make her quit. She’s 14. Don’t kick her out.

1 Like

I feel your frustration believe me. Back in January I found out that my freshly turned 15 year old was having sex. My first reaction was anger. I learned real fast that you can not react like that. You have to sit her down and talk calmly to her. Explain the dangers. Explain the consequences but I could NEVER imagine throwing my child out of the house. Doing that will cause a lot more rebellion and could lead to drugs and harsh drugs.

Depending on how your talk goes, you may need to ground her and take everything away including all means of communication.

After I calmed down from finding out my daughter was having sex I just simply said what’s done is done but you need to protect yourself and got her into the dr and on BC right away.

Times are tough and scary right now for kids of all ages. We need to be careful how we approach things and topics. Words can hurt and a lot more hurt than physical. Just be patient and not so harsh and you’ll see things will turn around with her attitude and disrespect. At 14 they just want to feel like they belong.

3 Likes

I had a mom that would kick me out a lot. It didn’t help the situation. She would come find me a day later and then yell for kicking me out. In my opinion don’t kick her out it messes with your emotional and mental health and hers. Put her on “lock down” no phone no computer no internet no time anywhere unless with you or the father. If you have the option switch to remote learning. You just really have to put the hammer down. Show her you’re in charge and until she changes she doesn’t get freedom. I know it’s harsh but it will work

6 Likes

Uh she’s 14! She’s a minor! She’s ur daughter which makes her ur responsibility! Don’t know what 2 tell u but if this is the only thing U ever have 2 worry about qith her consider urself lucky. Maybe u would like 2 trade? I got an alcoholic oldest daughter who’s an arrogant shit. Or choice #2 my oldest son who’s just straightened his life out at 40 afyer 9 years in state prison. Or choice #3 my youngest son who is currently stil in state prison at age 30. Plez no disrespect but work it out with ur child n count ur blessings.

No more friends if it were my child. House arrest baby girl! :clap:t3:

5 Likes

It’s literally illegal to kick out anyone under the age of 18 lol

She needs you thru this and you need a support system.

Reach out to a local church, parent group, youth probation officer could be a good resource to offer programs, schools, and whatnot.

Please do not let her leave this way. She is an angry, confused, baby girl with a problem.
She will be vulnerable.
There are a lot of treatment centers too, and boarding schools so wide array of options.
Just dont give up on her, it’s a dangerous world.

1 Like

Smoking or not, she’s your responsibility until she is 18 years old. Telling her to pack her bags is wrong. There are other things you can do to make her see her decision is wrong and has disgusting consequences.

2 Likes

explain the dangers yes. But take away allowance. Tell them from then on you will buy what they need. so you know money not going for those cancer sticks. did it to my boys.

1 Like

It’s understandable to feel at wits end but please don’t EVER give up hope with your baby girl. She is testing the limits and needs you now more than ever. Parenthood doesn’t end even at 18. There are many good suggestions on this post. Remember love over everything. Wishing you and yours all the best.

4 Likes

Ground your child. Take her phone, social media, and friends away. Why would you kick out a 14 year old? She needs discipline not to be turned away

5 Likes

If that is your solution then there are obviously other problems in this home.
I started smoking around that age and stopped before I graduated HS. You’ve already lost all of her trust in you by telling her to pack her bags. You made the decision to be her parent, you don’t just get to up and quit because she decided to try smoking. Grounding her will do nothing. Punishment will only make her resent you more. Have a calm conversation with her. Don’t raise your voice. Don’t be condescending. Don’t threaten her. Actually listen to her. Take in what she is saying, even if it is criticism. Parenting takes communication, from both sides.

45 Likes

:grimacing: dont allow her out of the house to socialize with them. Tell the school whats going on and the other childrens parents! …take away her phone and any spare phones around the house, tablet, laptops ect … don’t let her out of the house after school and weekends unless you are with her.

5 Likes

She’s 14. Pack her bags and have her go where? You’re just going to give up on your child because she’s being rebellious? No, be a parent and put the hard work in. It’s 24/7 job and you only have 4 years left to try to support her or help her in whatever way you can. Don’t give up on your daughter. Tough love is taking her phone, internet, grounding her, extra chores, track her down, search her shit and get rid of it, call her friend’s parents even but don’t give up on your baby! Good luck. It’s the hardest job you’ll ever have!

Telling her to leave at 14 is extreme! My mother kicked me out at 14 for having a boyfriend. She begged me to come home a few months later but i resented her kicking me out so I married him! Worst mistake of my life! Be there for her try to understand her side listen to her… Maybe she is acting out because she needs more reassuring and loving words. To feel that she is listened to and has a voice to be heard! Best of luck! I will always be more attentive with my kids.

1 Like

as a parent, someone who started smoking at 12, and a human being, for chist’s sake do not listen to these people. taking her phone is not going to help. grounding her isn’t gonna help, keeping her from her friends isn’t going to help. chances are she’s started because she thought it was cool. when all of her friends stop, she will too. that’s really your only option. the only thing i can think of my mother doing that would have made me want to stop smoking at that age would have been to make me eat a pack, and it still wouldn’t have worked. show her what path she’s taking. let her know that what she thinks is cool, PAST JUST SMOKING, because it will escalate, will kill her. don’t freak her out, explain to her that it doesn’t stop at cigarettes and next thing she knows she’ll be 16 w/ 9 children and a mafia husband smoking crack in an alley— or something along those lines.

2 Likes

Make her smoke a whole pack 1 after the other in front of you. Stop being nice. That’s the problem these days. You are the parent remember that.

Do not kick her out if you want to continue to have any relationship with her! She would never forgive you. She is a teenager and they will always rebel for one reason or another but to have that emotional support is so important! Nothing is wrong with you putting your foot down, but never allow it to come between you and your child. My dad always threatened my sister with sending her away when she was a teenager and all it did was strain their relationship. Be there for her no matter what and tell her that you will always be there for her no matter what. There are far worse things out there in the world that she could be doing than smoking. Both of you need to consider counseling together to mend your relationship and to teach her why smoking and doing drugs is a mistake and to teach her the wrong kinds of people to hang out with. It seems you may need some help in this which is why I suggest counseling for both of you together. Build your trust with each other and show her that you will never give up on her and I promise you will both be so thankful you did!

1 Like

You can’t really kick her out. That’s child neglect and she can get taken by the state for it. My recommendation is to find a way to open your relationships with her, all teenagers rebel and some will take it to the full extent. All you can do is do your best to show her theres so much more in life than drugs as well as consequences for her.

2 Likes

Tough love is on of the hardest Love a parent has to do . Get counseling for both if you! Your still in control she’s a minor. Good luck. I’ve been a mother of addicted adult children :woman_facepalming:t2::pray:

Kicking her out is lazy and irresponsible. She’s 14 not 18. Treat her like the kid she is not the adult she wants to be.

Make her take drug classes, introduce her to someone that had cancer from smoking destroy their life, put her on probation even if you have to but don’t kick her out. She’s too young for you to give up on her. You also need to tell her friends parents what they are ALL doing. Maybe they’ll learn from this too.

5 Likes

Ouch. Don’t kick her out, she’s 14. You can also be legally charged with neglect. She seems to need help right now. Her brain is nowhere near fully developed, and 14 is really freaking hard.

2 Likes

:joy: you don’t want to know my advice.

I am in the same boat with my son. I have 3 children my daughter was a breeze, my middle son was rough in and out of court, lock up ect. Now my youngest 14 year old son is giving me a run for my money, he almost pushed me down the steps for taking his cell phone, he had failed EVERY drug test I have given him, getting trouble in school. I am not strong enough to go threw this again. My kids dad was extremely abusive to me, ny son is starting to be the same and I dont no what to do. I am still standing strong, call the police when he runs, stick to his grounding, make him do chores, hold him accountable for his actions. Just when I think it got better and give him a little leeway it blows up in my face. The school wants to kick him out , he is on an iep he is in counseling in school. At the office and in home, he was diagnosed with depression, ptsd, and a few more. I will NOT give up on my boy. What else can I do . Just keep being the bad guy. I am drilling it into his head there is a consequence for every action both good and bad. Its up to him to make it a positive one. Im at the end of my rope. DONT GIVE UP ON HER. Don’t kick her out. Show her unconditional love.

2 Likes

Coming from a 23 year old with no kids, i just fucked up a lot as a kid…
I got caught popping pills at 14 my dad snapped my phone in half and took all the posters off my walls in my bedroom gave me seven pairs of underwear seven pairs of socks seven through the pants 3 hoodies 7 shirts to sweaters. I wasn’t allowed to go anywhere except school and I had to call and check in when I got home from school cuz my dad knew when the bus would drop me off. It stayed that way for 6 months… got my act together real quick

If your teenager is violent towards you, call the police. Smoking is illegal under the age of 21. Most likely is doing illegal drugs as well. You are the parent, your 14 year old is underage. You call police and have the judicial system intervene. Giving up on your child gives them the freedom to do whatever they want and more serious consequences will follow, including against you for not being a responsible parent.

3 Likes

Reaching out to the other parents seeing how they are feeling or are aware? Who’s getting them for her…? Another parent? I occasionally did when I was around that age, but, it didn’t really stick until around 16… now I’m smoke free for over a year or more :woman_shrugging:t2: at least she’s being honest with you… don’t lose that trust with her.

You can’t kick out a 14 year old child. That’s abandonment.
Get her into some therapy, figure out what’s wrong. That’s your job as a parent.

3 Likes

She needs more parent time… I wouldn’t recommend locking her inside the house or kicking her out. She just needs some extra love from her parents.

1 Like

What happened to old fashion spankings and parents actually being in control of their kids?? :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Take her to the doctor and make her listen to all the horrible consequences of smoking. Take her to a funeral home and show her the coffins you’ll have to choose from when she dies of lung cancer from smoking. Then take her to counseling because she’s obviously got more going on than just choosing to smoke. You should also go to counseling.

3 Likes

The biggest thing you can do is be their for her with understanding and be sure she’s treated like a person. Children are like any other human. You treat your children how you want to be treated. Treat them with respect and always always always let them know you love them. Be sure to tell them many times a day. And your daughter is still young you can help your daughter find better friends. I also have a teenage daughter. Don’t give up on her so easily I would wonder this entire earth to find my child. If you have other children and show then lots of love and affection show your daughter a bit more. It sounds like she is screaming for more in her own way.

Pack her bags? Over cigarettes?!?! Wow

2 Likes

She admitted to you she smokes so it seems like she is looking g for attention from parents whether it be good or bad attention. When I smoked under age there is no way I would have told my parents.

2 Likes

I have 3 children. Still all very young, but I was this teen. My dad was very, very strict. My mother was love & grace. I was the oldest of 5. When I rebelled & decided to dabble in things I knew better in doing, that was my cry for attention. My best advice would be lovingly sit with her. Hear her. Ask her things. Let her know you are on her side & that you care. At the same time though you have to show you are the parent & she is the child. There are rules. You have to be the parent. That is your home & your rules go. You can’t be afraid to do things that need to be done. Kicking her out, though, is most definitely not the answer.

1 Like

As a grand mother I understand what you are going through but find a way to communicate with her putting her out on the street is opening the door for bigger problems and you may regretted what you do and you can’t turn back the clock hands so hanged in there and put it in god hands you are not the first or the last who is going through this

3 Likes

As someone who started smoking at 9 years old and was kicked out of both parents houses by the time I was 17 there’s not much you can do. I started smoking because I watched my parents doing it growing up and I hung out with people who were always smoking. By the time I was 16 I was smoking two packs a day dating a guy that was trash and hanging out with awful people. And the one thing that kept pushing me further and further away from home is my parents and the way they treated me for the way I behaved. Be there for her but tell her you won’t tolerate it. Don’t take away every aspect of her life, but let her know what the consequences of her actions are going to be. Explain to her the two roads she could go down (the easy one or the hard one) and help her to chose the right path for her life and well being. Negative reinforcement will do nothing but cause her to spiral more so down the wrong path.

1 Like

Why are you letting her run around with these “ Friends “ … kicking her out is the worst thing you can do !

3 Likes

take her in for a drug test, then tell her you are calling the cops on her. Or talk to her friends parents.

1 Like

But don’t kick your child out fr though that’s just wrong. Boss up and be the mom. Don’t lose your temper. Personally nothing would be in her room but a bed… I would go to goodwill and get her a new wardrobe, take her phone everything gone. Earn it back with my trust. Don’t be angry, cool as a cucumber. You’re in control. And most of all pray for her. Without ceasing and let her more you are, let her hear it.

11 Likes

She’s 14 why in the world would you kick her out, no matter what she does try grounding her.

1 Like

Take her to therapy! She may be depressed, I was! I also finally got diagnosed with ADHD I was15, way too late!

Telling her to pack her bags will only make the situation worse. She will probably go move in with people you would not likely approve of. Overly disciplining her will just make for an even sneakier teenager. She was honest with you and you basically broke all her trust by kicking her out of the house. Yes you still need to give punishment like no allowance and being grounded or something but don’t demand to go through her bag everyday or smell her for smoke and so on. Just find your middle ground. Be kind but firm and goodluck

You can’t kick her out at 14. And as a smoker who started in her teens, there’s also not much you can do to force her not to. She’s at an age where she wants to assert her independence and convince you that she’s an adult. Even though she’s making stupid choices. The more you try to force her, the more she’s going to pull in the opposite direction.

If you kick her out, she’s only going to end up at one of these “friends” houses, and you can be on the hook legally for child neglect.

1 Like

If she’s doing drugs and is a minor you can have her go to a substance abuse center to get treatment. I work for a substance abuse treatment center. After admitted she will meet with a counselor that specializes in drug abuse and might be able to help her more then you can. Some substance abuse centers also offer counseling for concerned significant others/family members to help them understand why someone with a substance abuse do what they do and can also offer tips on how you could help your daughter while she is getting treatment. There is help out there you just have to find the right help.

2 Likes

Um, you don’t kick her out and throw her to the wolves. You put your foot down, you take her cell phone, refuse to let her around those friends and just let her “hate” you for a minute (she’ll get over it) and give her some structure! Sometimes you gotta be the “bad guy” to raise good kids!

7 Likes

Yea you’re wrong . Your kicking a child out on the streets where she will probably start doing drugs and having sex and a bunch of other things a lot worse than smoking …
You just expected your 14 yr old to listen? Is this your first teen? Just step back , calm down and talk with her, discuss therapy , etc but shes 14 …

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say this beat her ass these kids today don’t know fear but throwing her out isn’t going to help her she will probably be on drugs in a week are you the only parent

Shannon Leonard watty u think ? I was told many times to “ pack my bags” also was told “ pack ur bags ur going to the children’s home”. :joy: how times have changed. Also woulda got a fucking slap from my ma and told to get out of her sight :joy:

I was 16 and smoked, my dad said well if you gonna smoke just don’t get your sister started… well that made me not want to smoke cuz smoking alone was no fun… And I’m proud to say I never smoked growing up… Now I did do the weed to fit in and be cool. Which lead into harder drugs like crack… but now I’m 23 yrs free from all drugs

1 Like

When my son was 14 I caught him doing drugs. Specifically my klonopin that I take for panic attacks. He flipped out and I had him arrested and they held him for 2 weeks. Long enough for me to get him into a place called La Amistad right outside of Orlando, FL. He stayed there for about 5 months. Came home a whole new kid.

3 Likes

Honestly… she trusted you enough by telling you. I feel like you kicking her out could destroy that trust. :woman_shrugging:t3: show her life long consequences of smoking, find out which of her friends are smoking and call the school and tell them you believe those kids have tobacco on school grounds. My mom always told me if I couldn’t smoke in front of her, then I shouldn’t be doing it. In reality, if she’s going to smoke cigarettes, she’s going to smoke cigarettes. And there’s nothing you can really do to actually stop her, because she’ll find a way. :woman_shrugging:t3: talk with her. Have a conversation, and information to back it up. Give her information on cigarettes. Talk about peer pressure. Encourage her to say no, and to quit. There’s not much else you can do :woman_shrugging:t3: she’s 14, I wouldn’t kick her out…

1 Like

HELP HER. I’m sorry but this classifies as shitty parenting if you kick her out. Kicking her out could get her kidnapped and in much worse situation like sex trafficking, or she’ll just go into a deep depression and do worse drugs. Would you really want to kick her out and she gets kidnapped or hurt? No she’s still your baby even if she is doing things you don’t like. Get your act together on how you are gonna handle this and figure out away to help her. You probably have options around you for troubled teens.

You can’t legally kick your child out…so YES you’re doing it wrong

4 Likes

Okay well as I was once a 14 year old who smoked and oh dear I also got high too as a teen :woman_shrugging:t2: and let me tell you something I also graduated top in my college classes, cause high school so didn’t matter, was ambassador for my college deans list every semester… I was lucky and got my internship office job then not even a year later went on to get hired in to manage my own department. Since covid I’ve been home homeschooling my two children. I’ve been with their father since I was 18…
if my mother would have kicked me out for cigarettes at 14 I swear to you I wouldn’t be where I am now. How could you even think about kicking out your baby. Maybe she’s going through a rough time at school it’s why I started high school is hard on some kids maybe she did do it to be cool maybe something worse is wrong but maybe it’s cause her mother probably threatens her that she’ll be a homeless 14 year old. I swear I’d never abandon my kids for making bad teenager choices I will stand there and watch them fail and help them up. But truly maybe you should rethink your relationship with your kid. I’m sicken by this cause I couldn’t imagine my mother being this cruel over fucking cigarettes. :v:

1 Like

Bring her to the cancer ward at your local hospital or introduce her to someone with a tube in their throat.

3 Likes

I think 14 is too young to send her out!! She could be destroyed in no time. Find a way to work it out.

2 Likes

So you want to be cut completely out of her life? Kicking her out is not the answer. Take her to therapy, counseling, drug treatment, camping primitively in the woods for the next 4 years. Something. Anything other than kicking her out and proving to her that you don’t care about her.

1 Like

Honestly my mom kicked me out at 15 … I was doing alot more than just cigarettes . But to everyone she would deny kicking me out… on the long run I’d say her kicking me out and her doing everything else she did ruined my life . Of she won’t quit ) I was the same way ( I told my dad and he started letting me smoke because she will just do it behind your back anyway… I’ve been smoking since I was 10 years old both of my parents smoked and I literally just stopped 9 days ago and I’m 30 years old… Have a talk with her about the dangers of smoking . I woke up with the nastiest cough and always coughing up phlegm and mucous. She needs you more than you think . I could tell you horror stories of my mom and I’m sure it would break your heart . Please don’t throw her out

I don’t have kids that age, but if my parents kicked me out when I was going down that path, I would have ended up in prison or possibly dead. Do not put her on the streets. That’s the worst place for her to be.

Kick her out? Where do you think she is gonna go? She’s gonna go with the people teaching her these habits. Think it through here.