My 19-year-old son made a tinder and I am not sure it's a good idea: Advice?

So today, my 19yo Son comes home from work and tells me he joined Tinder!!! He has dated a few girls here and there from school but says he’d like to meet girls outside of our SMALL TOWN. His job is all men, so no chance of meeting someone there. I’m not really sure this is a good idea!! What do you mama’s think about this and any other suggestions on a good place to meet girls? TIA

60 Likes

Well ultimately it’s his choice. I live in a small area so I understand how he feels. Let him live and experience life. Good or bad, it’s his life to live.

5 Likes

He’s an adult, there’s nothing you can do :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

He’s 19. Not a child. Say you don’t like it and move on.

3 Likes

I mean- he’s 19. If you told him no, he cant use tinder, would he delete it?

Honestly if he’s talking to you and telling you about it I would think that’s awesome and leave it alone.

15 Likes

Well I met my husband online. But I also met some…well…questionable men too. Its ultimately his choice, being 19, so you could just tell him ur concerns and hope he makes good life choices.

3 Likes

My little 18 year old brother did too. And my mom was bothered by it as well. But she can’t really say much he is an adult in college. Even if she were to say “he can’t have it” how would she control it when he is away from her most of everyday. Between college football and school. :woman_shrugging:t4: kind of got to let him do what he wants.

1 Like

It’s time to cut the umbilical cord…

5 Likes

That’s where I met my husband and we have been together 3 years

2 Likes

I mean he’s an adult. ,🤷

1 Like

I met my man of over a decade online🤷
Leave him be. He’s an adult, young and experiencing life.
Who knows…over a decade later he could be telling his son how he messaged a pretty lady and how he got lucky she agreed to meet…lol

2 Likes

Hes 19. Hes an adult. Let him do what he chooses for his dating life.

3 Likes

At least he told you :woman_shrugging:t2: I hope that’s a sign you two have a good relationship. If so, this is a good opportunity for an adult heart to heart about dating, relationship and safe sex (it IS Tinder after all).

3 Likes

He’s an adult, just remind him to be safe :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I have a 19 yr old myself. I would just remind him to be safe. And wish him luck.

3 Likes

Leave him alone, he’s a big boy

2 Likes

Give him advice on safe dating, like meet in a public place or don’t give out your address before you meet them a few times. Tell him its ok to leave a date early if he doesnt feel comfortable.

9 Likes

I met my partner on there. Know few who have

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t3: married my first Tinder date so I’m probably not much help… but he’s 19- maybe just remind him that meting people off apps/internet is dangerous for everyone (not just girls) so it would be smart of him to let you know where he’s going and when to expect him back.

3 Likes

Not your business maaaaa

He’s 19 - AKA an adult. I guess you can tell him you don’t like it but he can continue using it if he likes.

2 Likes

I think you should mind your own business.

1 Like

Um. He’s a legal adult. Let him have his Tinder. You can tell him you don’t like it but we both know he’s gonna use it anyway. He has to live and learn from his own mistakes.

4 Likes

I mean you could suggest going out to places like bowling, shooting pool, pubs, parks, swimming, etc in Hope’s he may find someone there. But things are so easy now with technology and dating seems alot harder due to it.

It’s sweet you are looking after your son. Like these ladies said, he’s 19 years old. He can make his own decisions now. I know you don’t want him to ruin his life but its the only way he can learn. I would suggest probably doing things that he is into, maybe he can meet someone that way. I hope he finds someone who treats him like a king. Best of luck to him.

1 Like

Let him do his thing now momma and just wait for the wedding invitation loljk

He. Is. A. Legal. Adult.
Your opinions on his dating and sex life are 100% invalid

5 Likes

He’s an adult you can’t really stop him just remind him to be careful.

1 Like

Rubbers lots and lots for Christmas stocking stuffers he will need them as he stuffing them hoes church mom is what ya tell him lol

5 Likes

Girl he is an adult. Leave it.

1 Like

He’s 19 and let him know if he knocks someone up they can’t move in. You can’t say he can’t be on the app

1 Like

he’s an adult don’t be a helicopter mom

1 Like

My advice would be to put some condoms in his Christmas stocking and then put your nose back on your face and keep it there. :blush:

24 Likes

Just remind him to be careful and be safe. That’s all you can do.

1 Like

I met mine in a convenience store parking lot. Father pitched a fit, forced me to choose between them. I did. 40 years later we’re still honey mooning. Time for you to sit back and enjoy the man you raised.

1 Like

He’s an adult, capable of making his iwn decisions. He definitely isn’t going to get laid if you’re breathing down his neck like this

3 Likes

It’s none of your business

1 Like

I know you dont want him to ruin his life making a bad decision, but hes an adult and you need to let him have one.

1 Like

I think hes an adult not a kid so no advice needed other than let your adult son make his own choices he isn’t a baby anymore.

3 Likes

Your 19 year old is an adult and no longer your decision

1 Like

I’m 20 and I dated off tinder for a little while. The best thing to do is tell him to be cautious ! You can meet some great people and you can also meet some not so great ones.

When I went out I’d always tell someone :

1. Where I was going
  2. The name of the person
  3. Their phone number
  4. When I got home, that I was safe.

It may be good for him, just remind him to be safe about it!!

8 Likes

He’s an adult. His call. Sorry mama

1 Like

https://www.condomania.com/1000-bulk-rough-rider-studded-condoms.html

1 Like

Online dating is such a big thing now, I met my current partner online (he lived in California and I lived in Indiana) we both made sure we got to know each other video chat and everything before we actually met in person. It’s just as scary for guys as it is girls because unless you have proof you never know who you’re talking to (even then they can lie) just tell him to be careful and to meet in public places and not post pictures of anywhere that can tip off where he lives and what not. Also if he has Snapchat to turn off his location on there :wink:

4 Likes

Hes an adult. Let him find a partner however he wants.

2 Likes

Voice your concerns then let it go he’s an adult now

1 Like

Hey Ma…back off a bit & let him put his dick in it. :woman_shrugging::joy:

9 Likes

Be supportive, that’s all you can do when their an adult :heart:

2 Likes

He’s 19yo. Leave him alone. Stop meddling.

4 Likes

Be happy your adult son still wants to share his personal life with you! Joining a dating site is fine. Just make sure he knows how many scammers are out there and if he meets someone in person do it in the day light in a public place!

8 Likes

I met my husband there.

1 Like

hes old enough to go to war for his country he can do as he pleases you can mother an adult by conversating about what’s best bun nothing else you can do

1 Like

I think he’s 19 … not your business.

4 Likes

Eh. He’s an adult and meeting people online is pretty normal these days. As long as he’s safe, I wouldn’t stress.

1 Like

He’s 19 so you should likely give him some space to live his own life.

I met a guy when I was 19 on match.com. I’m 37 now. We’ve been married for 15 years and have two kids.

2 Likes

Hes 19…get off his ass

He’s an adult. Let it go.

Buy him some condoms for Christmas as a gag gift and say be smart?! He is 19… let him have some fun while he is young

4 Likes

Meet girls at church or activites you like. That way you both like the same thing.

2 Likes

My son met his wife on there and they are havin twins. Its not always bad.

2 Likes

I met my husband on a dating site. Tinder didn’t exist so I’m not too familiar with it, but nothing wrong with online dating

Ok yall maybe she doesn’t really know what tinder is. I don’t think she’s saying it’s a whore shop. Maybe just other options that she’d know more about. Maybe they’re close. Maybe he’s looking for a serious relationship not a fling. And you don’t get to know who you’re really meeting on tinder you could meet a killer. Stop assuming she’s trying to control him. She’s his mom and will always care

Thos post makes me curious to how sheltered you have him…His social media including dating sites arent your business (unless he makes them??). Trust that you raised him well enough to have good judgement and to be safe.

I met my husband years ago online and we are very happy with a 6 month old. Online is 75% how people meet in 2019.

3 Likes

Butt out, Mom. He’s 19… legally an adult… he can vote and die for his country… this is something he doesn’t need mom holding his hand on.

1 Like

He’s 19. Have an opinion, have your worries. But it is not your decision in any way. And really not even your business.

3 Likes

He will learn as he goes.

He’s 19 leave him be when it comes to dating, hopefully you taught him about always meeting in a public place and about just being safe in general.

1 Like

I met my fiancé on tinder! We have been together for 2 years, bought a house and planning a baby!! I say good luck to him!

2 Likes

He’s 19 it’s none of your business where he meets women honestly

4 Likes

Hes an adult and it’s his choice now

He’s an adult. Talk to him about protecting himself regardless of what his date says.

He’s 19, damn. Are you gonna suck his dick mom?!

I mean, he’s an adult, so as rough as this is going to sound, it doesnt really matter if you think it’s a good idea. I met my husband on okcupid, which is a website for the same thing (it was before dating apps were around). We have been together 8 years, known eachother for 9 years, and have a baby.

Idk hes 19 I think just let him try it lol

I used tinder :joy: as long as he’s sexually safe. Aware of his surroundings and possessions. He’s an adult let him make how choices

3 Likes

It gets a bad rap but there’s nothing wrong with Tinder. I met my boyfriend there and we’ve been together 2 1/2 years with a baby on the way

3 Likes

Sorry, but not your bussiness. Aside from that, do you know any woman with daughters? You do knkw tinder is not for meeting the love of your life… Right?

2 Likes

He’s a normal 19 year old it’s completely normal who cares at least he told you :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

He is an adult, I know you worry about him and want to keep him safe, but he is an adult and is going to make his own decisions most of which you’ll have no say in. It’s hard mama, we know but all you can do now is stand beside your son and support his decisions even if you don’t like them

1 Like

Well he’s an adult and can do whatever he pleases sooo what you have to say about what he does in his personal life isn’t gonna matter nor is it your business.

3 Likes

I met my husband on okcupid, been together 6 years and currently pregnant with our second child. He’s an adult, he can mert girls however he chooses. It’s not that bad

2 Likes

I met my boyfriend on a similar app…meetme…and we have been together for almost 5 years and have a 3 year old together. We are 34 and 41 however…online dating is a crap shoot…but sometimes you get lucky…let him be. He’s an adult and able to make his own decisions

Tell him to go to church. That’s where I found mine!

6 Likes

How about he’s 19 so cut the cord

4 Likes

He’s 19… he’s an adult… not really your concern unless he is tryiiikng to make kids. Just tell him to use a condom and to not bring so many girls to the house.

2 Likes

Once again, some of you are missing the point and are quick to point out facts that are obvious.:roll_eyes: Online dating is dangerous. She’s concerened. Yes, he’s obviously an adult but we never stop being parents. She isn’t trying to control him. She’s asking for not only advice for other places to meet people but probably online dating safety. What happened to helping people, lifting them up from their posts instead of bashing and ridiculing? Yes, they are asking for input but not to be called names, judged or to feel bad for the feelings they have a right to feel. Smh.

17 Likes

He’s going to do what he wants anyway but I would remind him that sometimes meet ups are set ups and he could be robbed or hurt and other people may be there or show up. Ask him to consider meeting in public at least at first but if he won’t there’s not much you can do.

2 Likes

Pretty normal behavior for a 19 year old. Remind him to be safe, that’s all you really can do

Just give him the heads up to see some identification before doing anything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but other then that meet in public places :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s time to cut the cord, he’s 19. Just tell him to be careful because there’s a lot of nuts out there. But please know this, no boy wants him mom’s help trying to get laid.

4 Likes

I think your son is 19. Mind ya business. All yall boomers were on EHarmonyand Yahoo Chat rooms at one point.

8 Likes

I met my husband on meetme going on 10 years married 5. Sometimes there is that one out there. And also hes 19 I know your worried but I’m sure if there is any problems he will come to you. Just trust him mama

3 Likes

I met my husband on Tinder 🤷🏻 we both live in smalls towns but that didn’t stop us from meeting. Now here we are over 2 years together and have a beautiful family of our own. Let him be an adult and live his own life. You can’t stop him from making mistakes

5 Likes

He is 19 years old- it isn’t your business unfortunately. He can make his own decisions, I am sure you raised him well enough be a good judge of character. I would not give your opinion on the matter unless he asks either.

2 Likes

Talk to him about protection other then that you really can’t do much.

I met my husband through facebook lol

1 Like

Sorry momma, he’s 19…
My love DMd me via Facebook , no regrets lol

He’s 19 :woman_shrugging:t2: there’s nothing you can do about it

You have no say. He’s 19🤷‍♀️

I think he’s 19 and his sex life is his business as long as he’s safe.

2 Likes