My 19-year-old son made a tinder and I am not sure it's a good idea: Advice?

I met my husband on tinder! :raising_hand_woman:t3: five years ago

1 Like

As I replied to a comment above: my daughter met her husband of 12 years from a dating site. Now have 3 beautiful children and very happy.
That being said…
When she told me what she was doing I was very afraid! I absolutely understand.
All you can do though is have a talk to him about safety. Not all of these dates end up happily ever after…she met a few frogs before she found her prince. Never any safety issues THANK GOD! But better safe than sorry.
Also he is younger than my daughter was… Not sure Tinder the best option but what can you do?

You can get cream for that

Um hes 19… Time to rip him off the boob!

5 Likes

I stopped reading at “my son is 19 and has a tinder and i dont think its a good idea” HES 19! Sorry mama but hes a big boy now and has a right to do what he pleases. 🤷🤦

8 Likes

He’s 19 lol he isn’t a baby anymore.

3 Likes

I think once they hit that legal age of taking care of themselves, just hope you raised a good son. He not a baby no more, same with girls!

1 Like

Is this a serious question? Of course a 19 year old can be on tinder…

5 Likes

Hes 19 years old… his personal life is only his business.

2 Likes

Hes 19 doll. Let go some.

4 Likes

Unfortunately at 19 you not thinking it’s a good idea is irrelevant. Besides in this day and age with our hectic lifestyles, sometimes online is the easiest way to meet people

2 Likes

I think if he opened the door to conversation with you, you can voice your opinion. But ultimately he is an adult and will make his own decision in the end. I don’t believe that once your child turns a legal age you have to stop speaking words of wisdom to your child, however you can’t dictate what he does now.

5 Likes

Its how saying goes for people his age. Let him be grown and make adult decisions. Its just dating, its not like he’s searching for a life partner.

I think he’s 19 and it’s not your place to condone. If you’ve raised him well he make good choices in his life. Let the guy spread his wings, someday you get an amazing DIL

3 Likes

He’s 19. Who cares!!! :woman_shrugging:t2: I tinkered with online crap when I was around that age (never anything serious, even so whatever. I was 19) haha.

1 Like

Ignore all the women reminding you that he’s 19 and not a baby anymore! That’s still your baby and you have every right to worry about anything you want when it comes to your kids even after they’re grown up.

4 Likes

I think you should probably head to reddit and read some JustNoMIL stories and make sure you’re not like one of those.

He’s 19 he’s an adult that makes his own decisions. He’s going to date, and dating online is how people do it now.

If you dont want to be boxed out then release your need tor control over his life

4 Likes

Pshhhh… let him be a wild stallion

Ok so in a way I can see i would be bothered if my son ever went on tinder because well most of the time it’s a booty call site but…at 19 there’s not much I could do but tell him to wrap it up :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s ok. He has to try it or he will continue to want it.

Well, he is an adult

He’s 19, so this isn’t your decision. Your opinion is irrelevant as it is his life.

2 Likes

Buy him a pack of condoms and a pamphlet on stds and let that be that.

4 Likes

I met my partner, the love of my life and father of my daughter, online via Facebook.

Tell him “I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Give him your reasons and then drop it. He’s 19. I work with kids his age everyday and it’s actually the older ones that usually have tender lol apparently tender is “dead” according to them though :joy: I wouldn’t put to much thought into it.

1 Like

I don’t really understand the question… unless you’re the ultra helicopter mom. Let the boy be. But I’m guessing if you’re questioning this behavior, you do a lot for him. Let him figure somethings out.

Buy him condoms he is passed 18… Should of had this talk a long time ago…

He’s 19 he’s gonna explore his options on dating whether dating apps or meeting someone in person. The best thing you can do is just tell him to be cautious and careful about who he meets on there. At the end of the day though he is an adult and he’ll make his own decisions you just gotta be there for him.

He’s 19. Leave him alone.

1 Like

Lmao he is 19 and wants to meet girls. This is 100% fine. Just as long as he is being careful. Hes grown

He’s 19 and that’s how people meet and date

as a mother i completely understand your concerns but you can’t really control that. just remind him to make smart choices :upside_down_face: good luck mama !

Well he’s 19. Not saying it’s a great idea but there’s not a while lot you can do about it. He’s probably not gonna find anything meaningful on there. And since he lives at home it’s not like he’s gonna bring many of those girls around. It’s basically a hookup site so once they find out he doesn’t have his own place they’ll lose interest.

Make sure he wraps his willy and let him get to it. As long as hes safe and treats these girls with respect, I dont see the issue.

Let him do it ( he needs to be independent and able to explore the now a days dating world), always meet in public places even when he’s with a female and yes talk about protection just in case things may arise. As a mom you will always be on edge about it but educating him about dating and sex will help you a little bit.

As a 27 yr old remembering when I was 19 even 24. When my mom showed interest in what I was doing, (and wasnt condescending I gave her more details of what happened. Just fyi

1 Like

I mean he is an adult… Just remind him on how to be safe with it. Tell him not to send nude pictures to women. Remind him to respect it if he gets rejected. If you try to stop it, hell just hide it from you or lie about it. Let him have his fun but make sure he’s safe. And tell him to always meet somewhere public like coffee or the mall and to bring a friend with him just in case things go downhill. Have him call or text when he gets where he’s going and when he heads back home just in case.

1 Like

He’s a grown mind your business.

3 Likes

He’s 19, he’s an adult, leave him alone.

He’s 19, just hope he learned what he needed to about safe sex and consequences.

I ALWAYS dated outside my zip code so if we broke up, I wouldn’t have to see them everyday . :sweat_smile::laughing:

2 Likes

It’s a good thing he’s 19 and can make his own decisions

3 Likes

He’s 19. Mama bear is always on high alert, but you can’t fix everything. Make sure he’s being safe and just let him do his own thing.

2 Likes

Churches are good safe places

He is 19 he should already know how to take safety precautions etc. let him be the young adult he is out trying to be.

1 Like

I think the most awesome thing about this is he told you and asked your thoughts :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Communicate in a nice, calm, unemotional way how it makes you feel and address any major concerns. Ultimately, he needs support even if you dont agree 100%. Maybe try helping him by looking at pics and profiles if he’s willing. Maybe get involved in a church or community center. Even if you aren’t religious churches tend to have other activities going on during the week.

It’s time to “Cut the cord”. If he is safe and smart, he knows what he is doing. Got to let them make their own mistakes or they will never learn.

1 Like

He’s 19. If you’ve raised him to treat women well and to show respect, he’ll be fine.

1 Like

He told you that is a plus. So a box of condoms and info on STD’s would be beneficial. If he still lives at home doubt to much will happen. My son met one that turned out to be totally weird so he might need to talk to you if that happens or just in general. Keep your mind open so he feels safe to tell you or ask you for your thoughts. I am guessing you are a single mom? If you are it is hard but you can do it.

2 Likes

Yes it is fine he is 19 the only thing control you have on his dating now is who he bring to your house other than that her can see who ever where ever.

sorry your boy want to have sex hes 19 give him a break and stress safe sex

Believe that he finds the right girl on his own without the aid of Tinder and deletes the account. Believe it. Pray about it. Have faith.

1 Like

Make sure he has condoms and use std stats to emphasize the importance of protection. Also remind him about getting a girl pregnant. Also remind him to be respectful of these ladies and that he is also responsible for contraception.

1 Like

Hes 19 nothing u can do except kick him out of house and u set the rules but hes 19 of he making his own money and doing things for himself u should shut up

3 Likes

He’s 19, I don’t think you get to control this.

1 Like

He’s grown, leave him.

1 Like

My brother met a girl on tinder in 2017, they’re now married and have a baby together and he gained 2 bonus kids!!

1 Like

I think he is 19 years old! He is aloud to go out and meet girls and have fun that’s what being a teenager that age is all about and in this day in age online dating is all the rage. Leave him alone and give him space. My God! There are men and women over in war at this age and you are worried about a tinder?? Give me a break

2 Likes

He is an adult not a child anymore

3 Likes

Not your business mama!! He’s a grown man who’s obviously trying to get laid hence the tinder app.

3 Likes

It may be your place to counsel him on the dangers being safe (that should have been addressed A LONG TIME AGO).
But he’s 19. He’s legally an adult and honestly there’s not much you can do without being way too overbearing.

Hes grown. Not your choice anymore. If thats where he wants to meet people, its his choice.

2 Likes

He’s a grown ass man :roll_eyes:

Met my fiancé on tinder :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I met my husband on a dating site married 7 years this year have 3 lovely kids absolutely 100% happy x

2 Likes

I met my husband on Tinder. Hes a godsend. Not everyone on there is looking for just a hook up!

2 Likes

My daughter just married the love of her life on November 9th and they met on Tinder about 3 0r 4 years ago

2 Likes

That would be over stepping. Let him be an adult!

1 Like

Not your business! You should be confident you taught him well at this stage and stay completely out of his “private” life as you more than likely keep him out of yours.

He’s a adult let him be.

He’s 19 no stopping him :joy: just safe sex talks

1 Like

Who cares let him do what he wanta

He’s 19. Cut the umbilical cord already.

4 Likes

I met my now fiance on tinder. We are going on 2 years! Best thing i ever did❤

1 Like

Just tell him to be safe. He’s 19. :woman_shrugging:t6:

1 Like

I think it’s none of your business. He’s an adult. Don’t be a harpy to anyone he brings home either. You’re waving all sorts of red flags here.

He’s 19, unfortunately he’s an adult and can do whatever. You as a parent though can give him a talk just saying yo be careful, but either way he is going to what he is going to do

:woman_facepalming: I have a Tinder account. Go make yourself one to see what it’s all about.

As long as you have taught him good values he should be ok. It isn’t something I’d do but then i don’t bother in person either. Good luck to your son. There’s a lot of exploring to do.

My daughter met her fiance on Tinder. He’s a great guy for her after so many bad ones she met .

Meeting people like this is the norm now. Make sure he is aware of danger. Girls can be dangerous too. Only meet in public places etc

I mean he’s 19 so you can’t tell him not 2 :woman_shrugging:

Hes 19. Let him fuck the tinder ladies. Buy him some condoms so you dont become grandma :joy:

Maybe suggest he start going to Church where I’m sure there are many nice single girls? Otherwise, just forget about it. He’s going to do what he wants to do and you never know, he might meet a nice girl on Tinder.

Hes 19… I have a 19 yr old son myself, and a 22 yr old daughter. I would not like it if either was on Tinder, but the fact that he trusts you enough to share that stuff with you is all that really matters:) As I’ve entered the phase of “parenting” my adult kiddos my greatest pride is that they confide in me and share the business they never would have before! Even ask for my advice.:flushed: Sometimes I wish they didn’t share as much!:wink::blush: You’re doing something right. It will all be fine mama!:kissing_heart::heart:

6 Likes

I met both my husbands on dating apps. First marriage lasted 12 yrs. Currently been remarried again for 3 yrs. Plus he’s 19… Not much u can do but remind him about safety

I have a 28 year old son and 24 year old son and if I were to say a darn word about any of that even at 19 years old I would have been told it was not my business appreciate the concern but it’s their life I guess the concern as a mother myself however I met my husband on match.com and we’ve been happily married for 8 years after 4 months of knowing each other it does work sometimes you just have to have faith in your child to make the proper decisions God bless and good luck be careful you don’t push your child away

He’s 19. Give him advice but let him make his own decisions. He trusts you enough to tell you, so trust him too :heart:

8 Likes

I don’t think he was asking permission.

3 Likes

He’s an adult… even if he was 21 and meets girls at a bar you still wont know if they are telling the truth about themselves, just like online dating

9 Likes

This one is tough because, I have a son who net his now wife on tinder and they are expecting their first child, she is an amazing young woman and my son couldn’t be happier, my son of course was a bit older,but their secret is safe., you never know, I personally wouldn’t have wanted this , but the results were unexpected for him , I couldn’t be prouder of my daughter in law,

2 Likes

He’s 19. Not much you can do but pray.

3 Likes

I did the same thing at age 23 when I lived in a small town as well… If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have met my husband who lived an hour away at the time :blush:

2 Likes

Coming from a very horrible experience and I am an adult it’s not a good idea. You have no clue who they really are and they wont tell you the bad things. Just have to be really careful out there in cyberspace. It can go either way but I’m not a fan of the online dating thing.

Nothing wrong with it. Yes you have to weed out some trashy people that want flings. But sometimes someone good comes along. I met mine on Meet Me when I was 22 and together 5 years later. I blocked every freak that sent me willy picks or dtf messages. But in this day and age that’s how people meet up. Bars just don’t have alot of young folk in small towns. Plus if he is 19 he is an adult. So no you can’t pull the plug. Just try to educate him so he doesn’t end up with a sleaze bag with STDs. :joy::love_you_gesture:

Mine created one at 18 when he left for college. He got rid of it less than 2 months later. He told us when he created it and he told us when he took it down. We never said a word even though we really really wanted to. Some things just need to be learned on their own. Interfering sometimes drives them in the direction you don’t want them to go.

A great place to meet someone is At Church

He’s 19 years old let him be an adult!?

He’s 19 stay out of it. Otherwise he is likely to exclude you more. Sorry mom.

He’s fucking 19 so let him do as he pleas3s. Lol