My 19-year-old son made a tinder and I am not sure it's a good idea: Advice?

He’s an adult he can make up his own mind on what he wants to do he has to learn things if it’s in a good way or a bad way that’s how we all learn so you should take a step back and let him live and do what he pleases.

That site is for hooking up only basically. Girls and guys both intended to hook up and then not hang again

I met my husband online on meetme.com (myyearbook) . I was 17 at the time wen i met him. He willingly gave my aunt his address and phone number. He spent a few weeks coming to my house first before i went anywhere with him. We hav been together 5 years with 2 children.

He’s grown. Leave it alone.

As a 41 year old I met my husband on zoosk. I was lucky enough to have a friend who worked at the police department and I had her pull up background check on every guy I met online.

He is 19 , I’m happy to hear he keeps you updated on his social life and all but . He is 19 , he is young man now . Give wise advice about being safe when meeting up with new people and not to share his personal address and stuff but it is up to him if he wants to try this app out or any other App or dating page .

As long as he’s careful then he should be fine. My son’s are 20 & 18 and that’s a good way to meet girls nowadays

2 Likes

I met my husband online and have been married for 15 years. With that being said, teach him about safety, red flags, etc. That way he can be prepared if he does encounter a wack job

1 Like

As the mother of a 21 year old the best advice I can give is. Stay out of his dating life until he comes to you and asks you for your help. Let him do his own dating. Be thankful he is open with you. honestly with social media Tinder is no worse than the things going on Instagram and Facebook on Tinder they are just more direct. My daughter calls and asks me for advice often which is so great and I have a strict I only offer advice if she directly asks me for it.

Tell your son women LOVE to eat! Ask him what his favorite food is. If he says Mexican send him to the nearest Mexican restaurant and tell him to talk to the girl eating alone. Offer to join her, pay for her meal… this works at any kind of restaurant. Girls LOVE to be fed!

He’s grown honey… part of being an adult is making your own decisions. My son is 23… I don’t pry into his personal affairs. Buy him some prophylactics and pray he uses them

Just tell him to be very picky ,use common sense and always meet the girl the first few dates at a public place till he gets to know her better. Met my hunny on a dating sight. Went out with a few nice men. Met a few weirdos. Briefly chatted with a few suck people, very briefly. Dating sights are just like any other venue of dating the person just has to use common sense and don’t go out with someone if it feels wrong.

You can offer him your opinion and your advice and pray he takes it but hes an adult now mom hes 19 he has to make his own Choices/mistakes all you can do is be there . I mean I’d stalk my kid but in crazy lol

He’s over 18. Let him live his life or you’ll drive him away because no one likes a controlling mother.
If you’ve taught him good morals you should have that trust that he treats women the way they should be, and finds a girl that is respectful back. On the other hand. Those “dates” aren’t the dates you think they are.

Tinder is basically ‘find a fuck buddy’ it isn’t really for serious relationship meeting

1 Like

Those dating sites are dangerous and trashy I have heard.

1 Like

Any site but Tinder!!!

I met my husband on match.com for $39.95…we’ve been together for 10 yrs and married for 8 yrs…I’m sure your son is very responsible and has done his research on these dating apps…so let him spread his wings …he’s an adult and wants to date…so let him…most of these sites have rules and are safe and if anyone breaks the rules they will cancel their account and the police will be contacted in their city…besides he’s only 19 and I’m sure he’s not looking for anything to serious right now…let him have some fun!!!

Ya son is a ho lol. Bless em!

I think hes a semi adult and as your mom you should support him. Most kids dont tell their parents at all so he trusted you now trust him

Met my husband on tinder. There’s a lot of crazies on there but you can usually weed them out. BEST decision ever was to have a 2/3 week phone conversation with this man then have a three day “first date”. Met my best friend & honestly, my other half. We have an almost 5 year old and twins due on Valentine’s Day!

19 Likes

I met my husband on an app called MeetMe when I was 20 and he was 21. We lived almost two hours apart in small towns in southwest Kansas. It’s probable that I watched him play football and we just never knew it (our high schools played each other). We each lived in our small towns our whole lives and we already knew the people in our towns. Our only hope to meet new people was online. It worked out beautifully. We got married in October, have a three-year-old son, and just celebrated four years together this week. Sure, our relationship has been unconventional, but I love it - it’s ours. Let your son do his thing and butt out. Encourage him to be safe and smart when meeting girls, if it gets to that, but don’t ever try to dissuade him. He’s 19 and can do what he wants.

2 Likes

Live and learn. All you can do is pray for him and keep giving him motherly advice. It sound like he’s pretty open with you. Just warn him of all potential internet harm. I’m sure y’all will have several good laughs over the course of his dating years. Be there for support because we all know at 19 our parents didn’t know squat :joy:

1 Like

Personally, I think he’s 19 and can meet women wherever he wants 🤷
Tell him to join plenty of fish, he’ll meet some great fishing buddies on that one :+1::joy:

3 Likes

I mean, he’s 19, sooooo

20 Likes

Just following for the rest of the comments :joy:

6 Likes

19 seems old enough to make that decision on his own haha

8 Likes

Met my man 2 and a half year ago on a dating app! Now we have a beautiful daughter and possibly getting engaged this Christmas :relaxed:

My husband found me on here after he moved to Illinois from Arizona. My ex had shown my husband a picture of me and then my husband found me on Facebook and started messaging me, inviting me to come and hang out so I had him come to me and we met and have been together since just had our daughter the 10th and have been married for almost 3 years now

He’s 19. Therefore it’s his choice and you really don’t have a say in what he does, you can give him advice but that’s about it.

2 Likes

I met my husband on MeetMe. Best decision I ever made.

just warn him of dangers & tell him good luck

My best friend met the love of MY life on Tinder. Sounds weird I know, but that’s how it went down😂

I think that the fact that your son was excited to tell you that he joined tinder is amazing kudos MOM because I can only hope my boy grows up and wants to be that open with me and to answer your question… Everyone uses dating sites and he might find out exactly what he is not looking for so that way he can find the one he is… good judgement and being a gentleman will go a long way!

9 Likes

That’s how I met my husband :woman_shrugging:

He’s 19 years old, he can make his own decisions about who he dates. 🤷

3 Likes

If he wants your advice no matter how old he is give it to him! Tell him to be careful!

1 Like

He has to make his own decisions at some point. He has to live and learn like everyone else. You can give your opinion but hes gonna do as he wishes.

He is a adult and if he thinks it’s a good idea maybe it is. I met my husband online and we been together for years.

Just watch out with those date site’s. Alot of them are WEB OF LIES

He is 19 :unamused: he isn’t a child. It’s the appropriate time to let him figure life out and start testing out different dating avenues.
You don’t want to hover or control too much because then he may totally block you out of what is going on in his life.
My mom’s not a terrible hoverer but she is super opinionated so I had to keep her away from my relationships so I could clearly asses them. She and my older sister didn’t meet my husband until after we got engaged because they both have a history of being too meddlesome.

Wow! He must have really trusted you to tell you he has a tinder. I’d say let him be just ask about it from time to time to make sure he’s okay. Know tons of girls who used tinder just to catfish or just get free food/money. But other than that there are girls who are nice.

Met my fiancé on there and we have one kid and another on the way :relaxed::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Tinder is for straight up banging. He needs to join plenty of fish or something similar for girlfriend material. Met my husband on POF

The fact that he’s 19 and ran home to tell you he made a tinder says enough. You shouldn’t be that involved in his dating life he’s a grown man. Time to cut the cord.

17 Likes

Hes 19 and can make his own choices. This is where you decide to be kind and keep the relationship with him or begin to build a wedge by hating on his choices that really aren’t that negative.

Everyone has tinder… If u want to give him some good advice I’d personally ask him to check people out on Facebook before there date… Make sure there the age they say they are etc… He will be fine he’s 19…xx

1 Like

He could have hide it from you but he didn’t that just shows you raised a great young man for him to come and tell you way to go ma’am… Good luck finding the right woman young man you got a great head on your shoulders you got a job and a great mom it sounds like.

You don’t have to blast his business thats alot of the time why kids dont tell their parents anything. Hes 19 leave him alone.

1 Like

I dont blaim you for being frightened espeally in this day and age.

If you explain to him to be carefull nd worn him about dangers im sure he will be fine.

1 Like

I don’t want to be negative, but your sons dating life should just be your son’s dating life. His dating life definitely shouldn`t be you and your sons dating life…

I worry if you try too hard to control who he sees or doesn`t see that he will lash out and begin dating very alarming people to try to make you back off.

Tinder is much better than Grindr, and much better than the old craigslist classifieds. Let your son experience this world on his own, and trust that the skills you used to raise him will come through in his dating life.

If you raised a gentleman, you will have no worries. Plus… hes communicating with you all on his own. Don’t push him into such a state that he stops talking to you.

Trust in your son, and let the rest follow.

1 Like

At 19, yes he’s legally able to make his own decisions, but he’s not a “grown ass man” it’s good he made u aware of it, at his age just give him advice and remind him of potential risks, and if he could tell you if he’s deciding to go out of town to give you details of who he is meeting just for safety.

He’s 19. Let him explore. Don’t get involved in his dating life.

I think you should stay out of it. He’s 19 he needs to make his own decisions and learn. The only thing I’d tell him is to be cautious using ANY dating app and to be sure if he and his date end up having sex that it is responsible. That’s all as a mom we all worry and that’s okay but it’s not okay to be really involved in our adult children’s dating life. Let him learn mama

Hes 19 hes old enough to decide how he wants to meet girls and dont mean to be rude but you sound like you will chase away anyone you dont like so dont really see a problem

the most you can really do at this point is tell him to wear condoms. dating is just a normal part of life.

I met my patner off 6 years on a dating site called tagged hes 19 I’d let him make his own decision but surrport him x

I would stay out of it. He is a grown adult … time for Mommy to step out of the dating aspect of his life before you wind up being “that” mother in law to some poor girl lol :joy:

2 Likes

Unfortunately at 19 there’s not much you can do only be there for him and talk openly about it

Hes 19 he should be aware of what can happen on can happen on sites like that and he probably doesnt care what his mom thinks about it

Some of the hottest steamiest relationships happen at church.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter what us or you think. He is a legal adult :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

He’s a grown ass man. Cut the cord.

1 Like

19 yrs old. Time for him to live his life his way. Not a baby anymore …

1 Like

He’s 19 nothing you can do

He is an adult. Just tell him to be safe and I don’t just mean protection. Lmfao.

Like I said on all of your other posts on every other page: He’s an adult. Stop meddling.

I think he’s a grown up

1 Like

What can you do lmao

Just tell him to be careful

That’s how I met my husband, on tinder so :woman_shrugging:

Ive been on meet me for over yr now and been scammed 10 times by these no gooded bitches