My 2-month-old daughter will not stay asleep: Advice?

Have you tried a rocking bassinet?

1 Like

Bring her to the doctor. Check for ear infections.

1 Like

Try a bassinet or swing that vibrates :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

Babywearing during the day and cosleeping at night and nap time. It’ll get better but takes time and some babies need extra snuggles. Hang in there Mama!

3 Likes

Read babywise. Its amazing! Worked wonders for my son, my friends son, and my mom with her three (now big) littles.

Swaddle, you shirt her jammies so she smells you. But honesty she’s 2 months old. This is the no sleep parent hood sucks part. My cosleep for this reason. Also a pacifier rocking bassinet white noise they have the heated teddy bear with the hearts beat as well that might help best of luck call family or friends for backup

She just spent 9 months inside you!! It’s so normal for babies to not want to sleep alone!!

4 Likes

My son was like this I used his swing

1 Like

Swaddle.
Put baby in a bouncer or a swing.
My daughter was in a bouncer for about 4 months cause that is the only way she would really sleep.
Have her cuddle up with something that smells like you, or just something warm.
At 4 months I gave my daughter a blanket because it was so difficult to get her to sleep. Almost a year and she doesn’t sleep without it.
You should see her bed :joy::joy:

Take turns sleeping and ask her pediatrician about reflux meds

1 Like

Cry it out. My 2 1/2 year old goes to bed by herself now. I wish I sucked it up with my oldest daughter. It wasn’t until recently that I had to lay in there with her to fall asleep

4 Likes

Shes 2 months. It’s normal. Gonna have to ride it out. Start doing a relaxed schedule to help teach her when it’s time for sleep. We rocked my daughter until she was asleep and then put her in her crib. Worked like a charm for her. You’ll find something that works.

2 Likes

Mamaroo SAVED MY LIFE.

I have a soon to be 12m old who still does this. Some days are better then others. But after 4 kids I’ve learned to survive off a few hrs here and there of sleep. Sounds like your baby wants to co-sleep. Dad might have to couch it for awhile so y’all can get it together that way there is more room in the bed and you can put her in one of those body co-sleeping pillows so it barricades her from anyone rolling over on her. Also try and see if you have anyone you trust that might be able to come by in the day to play With her and hold her while you nap. So you can catch up on Zzzz.

2 Likes

My son was the exact same girl!! He is almost gonna be 3 months in a week. From gentle ease I switched his formula to the orange kind sensitive and sensitive to lactose it helped a lil but I brought him to the chiropractor it helped me a lot !! He is like a quiet new baby will sleep from 10 pm- 6 am and go back to sleep tell 9-10 am it was amazing I finally started getting sleep and he didn’t cry 24/7 anymore. I did that also with my second born also all three of my kids were colic. The chiro only thing that saved me.

Get one of these. Then you can keep ur arm in there with her and can’t roll over on her, and hopefully everyone can get some sleep.

4 Likes

My 7 week old sleeps 5-7 hours in swaddle me wraps. He likes his arms out so I wrap him just under the armpits.

I raised 7 babies my youngest is 45 you are going to have to let her cry it out and she will sleep babies no more then you think I let more than one of my kids cry it out they had there days and nite mixed up I put them in the baby bed and shut the door and trun up the TV and kept a check on them and they would sleep at nite and just nap during the day

4 Likes

What about one of the bears that mimics a heart beat? Also try the night time baby lotion & bath.
Gosh I hope you can figuer it out! I know what you’re going through. I have twins & in a week I had 2 hours sleep.

Seriously… not touching this

5 Likes

Wrap your used shirt around her mattress. with that being said babies should not be sleeping anywhere but flat in a crib/pack and play with nothing else in there with them

1 Like

Try lavender bath wash and shampoo even the vick bath wash works

And put pj on her and swaddle her and rock her she should fall asleep

BTW we have Co-slept with all 4 kids and transition them to toddler beds at about 18m- 2yrs old with no problem at all. The older 3 all sleep through the night now and stay in their beds all through the night. So it’s possible.

5 Likes

My son was like this as a baby. Have a look at dr ferber sleep method.

2 Likes

Velcro swaddles. they’re a lifesaver

1 Like

She is 2 months old, it’s perfectly natural.
2 month old babies should NEVER cry it out.

10 Likes

Get the little ones sleep programme and stick to it as much as possible for ay least two weeks

Dont listen to these people saying that teaching your child they cant rely on you when they need you is the way to go. The cry it out method is damaging to children. This is normal for an infant! Comfort your baby. Get a co sleeper, put it next to you. She may just sleep because you’re right there. She needs you now, she will outgrow it.

3 Likes

Put something next to her that you wear when she’s asleep this way she could smell you

1 Like

Try a fan something she can hear but that’s not music ? Lol well I wen sleeping with a fan on since forever and now my kids can’t sleep without it cuz they say it’s to quiet … ever since they was baby’s I sleep with it on low or medium

1 Like

I had this with my 2nd born son n he’s only just started sleeping with out us 2months is nothing she’s still tiny. I found with my other children if I didn’t disrupt them Thro the day wen ppl wanted to hold then they waited til they woke up instead of bein held al the tym it worked with all my 5 apart from my 2nd boy. He’s the only 1 that even now will kick off bout goin 2 his own bed. X

I also had a bassinet glider that help so much with my first and 3rd child for naps and night time sleeping. It’s let’s them lay comfortable with no problem and it glides back and forth. It was a heaven sent when I needed it.

She has been inside you for 9 months, I honestly believe that babies go through sepreation anxiety for a few months, it does get better and if you need to co-sleep do, you can do it safely they have side sleeper bassinets

2 Likes

Crying it out is cruel, a two month old is still small and getting accustomed to the outside world. A bath before bed + swaddling or a swing works just fine.
There would be times when my four month old would fight it before and still does so we just let him play until he’s actually tired and if he still fighting it he goes on his swing and he’s out in minutes i just let him sleep there for a bit until i get some sleep myself.

2 Likes

My son was like this after he came home from the nicu . Wouldn’t sleep at all unless it was with me . Finally I decided to buy a heartbeat machine , and hung it on the side of his crib and I slept with his blanket for a few nights so it smelled like me . Once I did that for a couple of night , when he was obviously exhausted , I put him in his crib , turned the heartbeat machine on , and laid his blanket under him (it had snaps on it that snapped to the bottom of his fitted sheet so he couldnt suffocate) . Also did it with his pajamas as well . It worked wonders .

My baby did this too I feel your pain!! I swaddle her really tight and rock her to sleep to white noise then put her down slowly and it works! Try the soother too. I also have to put a fuzzy blanket under her too :woman_shrugging:t2: good luck!!

I got a sound machine(or run YouTube bathtub filling) for my daughter when she was not sleeping at 2 mo and a vibrating swing to help during the day

I just transitioned my 4 month old to the nested bean line of swaadlers and sleep sacks. She literally sleeps 6-8hr stretches. They are a little pricy but sooooo worth it.

Swaddle,… keep a shirt you wore the day before close so she smells you…noise machine… newborn stimulation videos on YouTube…

2 Likes

I didnt sleep for the first 2 years!! My 3 year old still doesnt sleep soundly through the night. Some kids are just different. If you can take turns with your husband sleeping so you both atleast get a little sleep. Im a Sahm and my husband works so i just went sleep deprived for way too long. My lil guy would choke in his sleep and it was terrifying and he did it til he was 1 1/2 so i feel you on the sleep thing but you will get through it and when she is a teenager sleeping all day you will look back and realize you survived and should wake her up for all the trouble!

2 Likes

Nice bath before bed with some Johnson’s bed time baby lotion, works like a charm for my son. I lay with him rub it on his back arms and legs. Then I would swaddle him nurse him burp him and he would be out. I would keep him in my bed though and I would sleep with him. I didn’t have a partner when my son a nb so I let him sleep with me all the time. Also lavender oil is really good to help relax the body but 2 months old might be to young for that.

Bring the crib or playpen in your room, lay her right next to your bed. She’s 2mo it will pass.

Have you use a portable baby bed? It worked wonders for my granddaughter. I highly recommend it.

Put her bed in the middle of where you are, do not try and be quiet. Go about what you want to do talking to her as you do chores. My second was lonesome. She screamed in a quiet room. Loved the noise of TV and talking.

I feel for you. My son is 9 months old and still does this. I’ve been trying to transition him into his crib and he’s not having it. He’s up every hour/2 hours when I put him in his crib but if he sleeps with me he sleeps way better. Anyone have any tips/tricks to get him to sleep in his own bed threw the night?

I would try a tight tight tight swaddle. Also make a note of how she likes to stay comfortable. Mine only likes his hands up swaddled so I use the hands up swaddle me velcro swaddle. Mine also has reflux that we just got under control. It took a minute but he’s finally at the point where he’s basically sleeping all night without a feed and sleeps for his naps really well as long as I swaddle him right and tight (10.5 weeks)

Welcome to parent hood, where you will never sleep again!

Best advice SWADDLE SWADDLE SWADDLE

2 Likes

noise machine so.e of my nanny moms use

At 2 Months My Son Did The Same This I Started With His PlayPen Right By The Bed Then Moved Up To His Crib So He Knew His Momma Was Still Right By Him See If She Is Teething A Liddo

Welcome to parenthood and please dont ever let an infant “cry it out”. I mean babies this little hardly sleep more than a few hours at a time anyway. Mine literally slept in a car seat for the first 5 months.

2 Likes

Swaddle her in her blanket

Maybe a soother or nice warm bath before bed?

It’s just how it is with babies, sleep deprivation for parents! White noise machine, make sure to check with ped about reflux, fill her belly and give her a warm bath right at bedtime, swaddle, hold her if you have to. Whatever you can to get sleep, its survival mode. She will outgrow it, but you have to remain a team and get thru it. Its really really hard :sweat:

Welcome to motherhood. Your child is used to being in your belly of course she wants to be close. That’s all she’s used to.

3 Likes

Just sleep with her problem solved lol

3 Likes

I did assist in sleep training a 4mo old baby girl. She did great with crying out. of course feeding every 3hrs. j would check to make sure she was fine o. the monitor
its was hard tho. 1 week she was good with me.
parents started the weekend before.

2 Likes

Get a 4 in 1 rock and glide it is a life savor and take a blanket after bath and wrap her or use a sleep sack they also work l got my little one at 7 weeks old and he use to sleep in my arms until l put him down remember you had 3 trimesters so this one is called the 4th so bath baby with bed time lotion and put on pjs and put baby in sleep sack and rock baby to sleep do this for two weeks you are sleep training baby good luck momma and try to nap when baby does

Of all else fails sleep with him. You all need the rest and the baby will gradually outgrow the need.

but we danced cuddled read stories did tummytime.

Ava was sweetes little peanut

My youngest did this her doctor told me to let her cry it wont hurt her i did this for about a week and she finally stopped and slept in her own bed… i literally couldnt put her down. I hated it and i nvr let her cry more than 20 mins. It seems mean but as my dr said hes nvr lost a baby yet by letting them cry.

2 Likes

You could just hold her she’s still so little she needs to be held I would sit in our recliner and I’d take a nap with my son to get a little sleep most babies grow out of always needing held my son did that at two months old he’s now four months and only wants to sleep in his crib. You can also try letting her play on the floor more right before you put her to sleep tire her out or using a baby carrier so she can sleep and you can do things

Same thing with my almost 3 month old. He won’t sleep unless he’s in my arms. I think it’s because they feel safer next to their mom.

I’d say use a sound machine with white noise as it supposedly sounds like noises in the womb plus put a clean but worn shirt of yours next to her so she has your smell. Always worked for me. Good luck!!:pray:t3:

1 Like

Try a pediatric chiropractor! My son was the same way and the chiropractor helped so much!

This is very normal and I’ve seen lots of wonderful advice so all I’ve got is I hope you find what works. Best of luck to your family.

Does she have a pacifier? I would highly recommend getting one

My son was doing this for the first month, now I bath him before bed I use lavander shampoo and lotion. Than I swaddle him breast feed him, and he wont wake up like 4 hours later.

Welcome to motherhood, swaddle her and out she doesn’t like that leave her in PJs. She’s fresh outta a cramped place she is getting used to it as well. Patience and remaining calm is what you gotta do

2 Likes

Umm. Idk if it has bonded well and that may be the issue.

Did you take any medication while pregnant?

My daughter literally didn’t sleep till she was like 10 months … You guys gotta deal with it. Parenting is just hard! Little people … Little problems!

1 Like

My 3 month old sleeps right next to me. I’m a light sleeper and I have done this with all 4 of my kids.

My suggestion is get a co sleeper to attach to the bed. Sleep with your hand on her/his chest

SWADDLE HER!!! we have a colicky 7 week old and sleep was impossible until we started swaddling him with a swaddle blanket. Makes a huge difference. Also we play womb sounds (found on YouTube) and it calms him down in about twenty seconds.

sleep training is your teaching your baby how to fall asleep
not just crying it out.
Do what you like
but after they learn you put them in for nap an turn the music or machine on.they lay right down to sleep!

1 Like

Try a baby swing, we used it a bunch with my little one. Not as an overnight solution of course, but it soothed him and he slept better.

My daughter was the same way. I co-slept with my daughter if needed until she was about 6 month old with white noise in the background. We would feed her a big warm bottle before bed, wrap her in a swaddle, we tightly rolled up blankets in her crib to act as if I was holding her and put a fitted sheet over it. Put her in so the rolled blankets were firmly cradling her. She slept most of the time if we did this which helped so much!! She also had her crib in our bedroom which helped. Once she got a little older she realized we were right next to her. You can use lavender baby lotion/soap which also helps before bed. Don’t feel bad if you need to co sleep every now and then. I wouldn’t let her cry it out just yet, but that’s just me. Try giving her a warm bottle when she wakes up and lay her back down. You’re doing good mama! Best of luck with your LO💜

Warm bath and warm bottle to bed. It worked for mine, hope it works for your baby too :heart:

Try putting one of the shirts you have had on with her when she sleeps so she can smell your scent.

2 Likes

Sleep training coach.

My son is 19 months and doesn’t sleep through the night. It’s just gotten to the point where I can put him down to sleep without him waking up and screaming. When I lay him down and he starts to wake I pat his back and he’ll usually go back to sleep. I do that when ever he wakes during the night. Sometimes it helps, sometimes he wants the boob.

My son was like that bless your heart, we put him in a swing,

It’s frowned upon but I just let all my babies sleep on top of me until they grew out of that stage. I’m an extremely light sleeper and one little movement or noise would wake me up. I also slept in the bed with just baby and I and no heavy blankets.

3 Likes

This isnt normally suggested, but if she has good head control try laying her on her tummy, it’s the only way my daughters would sleep at that age. If that doesnt work, maybe invest in one of those baby sleepers that butts right up against the edge of your bed, since your bed isnt big enough to share.

1 Like

My boy slept with my t-shirt as a blanket he is nearly 2 an it’s like his comfy now won’t go nower without it the smell makes him.know he’s safe an I’m still around plus I sued to stick smooth on radio station that worked to for abit my son has co slept with me to but now sleeps in his own bed

A swing usually does the trick

Do you swaddle her? I used to swaddle my son in a receiving blanket as tight as I could get the blanket and i would put the end where he would be laying on top of it to keep him swaddled longer if he moved. Then I’d roll up another and tuck behind him and another an tuck in front of him but below his waist so there was no chance of him getting it in his face. I’d turn the bassinet on vibrate. That would work for a few hours. When he’d wake up, I’d feed him, change him, and do it all again. A schedule worked best for him.

2 Likes

My son was like that. So I would put him in carseat and drive around complex till he fell asleep. Then I would put his carseat in his crib and he never woke up. Lasted a couple weeks then he got used to being in crib and it was easy transition. Or a baby swing works wonders too.

Lay her on something that has your sent. And the secure to her bed we did this with our son he would go right to sleep. Good luck

I also would put him in his stroller walk till he went to sleep and would let him sleep there.

If you aren’t swaddling her I would give it a try. My son had a hard time staying asleep at all if he wasn’t swaddled.

Sounds like reflux or a milk protein allergy

1 Like

Co sleeping helps a whole lot. I,did this with all 5 of my kids. And I got some sleep during the night.

4 Likes

Try putting a piece of memory foam over the top of her crib mattress and put a fleece blanket on top of that. I did that for my son and he slept great after that.

Only way my kids would sleep was co-sleeping. Saved what sanity I had.

You may want to talk to her pediatrician.

1 Like

My son is nearly 6 months old and he still sleeps in my arms. We tried everything and nothing worked… and no one was sleeping. I swore I’d never co-sleep, but I’ve had to what my baby needed. My first child was nothing like this! :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I don’t give a fuck my 8 year old still sleeps with me always has always will!:family_woman_girl::sweat_smile::unamused:

They sell seats that are reclined and have battery to make the bed vibrate.

Swaddles! When my son was first born I though nahh I won’t need to do that. But he loved being swaddled with his hands out for the first 4 months. And on top of that I had a sound machine that plays white noise only. The sound is very similar to what it sounds like in the womb.

5 Likes