My 3 year old has COVID: What can I do to make her feel a little better?

2 drops of Oregino in apple juice.

What does her dr say 2 do

Get cough meds and try that

Don’t let her lay on her back

Definitely a pulse ox. Watch that O2!!

Have you tried vicks

Cool mist humidifier, rub vicks on the bottom of her feet

Be very careful if it dies not get better ER or your dr

The same things you would do with the flu

Gargling with salty water might ease the pain. Halls with honey & lemon as well.

Put vicks on the bottom of feet went socks on

My 9 year old just got over it… Luke warm baths or showers, if there is a fever involved… If not, the only thing that helped my baby girl was snuggles… Propped up, to help with the congestion and coughs… And lots of fluids and Popsicles

Good ol’ Vick’s might just do the trick!

Warm baths, Vicks vapor rub on chest, and bottom of feet with socks over.

Put a little honey on a spoon and have her eat it it will coat her throat

What did the doctor say

Hot steamy bathroom, cool mist humidifier, Vicks, warm water with honey

3 Likes

Lay her on her stomach, it helps the lungs expand.

Vitamin D C zinc honey lemon ginger tea a lot of water and electrolytes and just rest upright

You can always try a Vicks Warm Humidifier to help with the cough. Plenty of fluids. So Orange Juice, water, Sprite/Sierra Mist. Plenty of soup. If not homemade, I always recommend the Campbells Chunky Chicken Soup. Lukewarm wash cloth for face to help keep cool but not freeze her. Warm bath to shower. Not piping hot unless you want her to sit in the bathroom for steam purposes. toe socks always made me giggle but kept my feet warm. warm fuzzy blanket and favorite stuffed animal/toy. Oh and lots of cartoons. If she can’t eat the soup: dry toast, mashed potatoes, something bland but still good to eat. there were times I even moved the mattress to the living room or my bedroom so they weren’t sleeping with me but still in the same room to give them some comfort. and talk to the doc about any meds that will help that have pain reliever in it to help keep her more comfortable.

2 Likes

Vit c, d and zinc. Lots of water, rest.

Im a believer of vicks vapor rub, she wont like im sure but put tiny bits an rub on her lungs in back will help . I also think the honey an lemon is a great idea too, make it plenty sweet she may like it, should help calm the coughing, sure she is suffering with this, will pray she feels better soon. :pray:

1 Like

I am no 3 year old, but I took flu and cold to help with the symptoms. Bed rest and try carrying the tot, I would get winded by walking. sleeping of on the tummy helps.
If it not too cold out get take them outside for some sun and fresh air. My mood improved after being outside

See if you can get a nebulizer. My youngest daughter needed it for awhile and it helped her breathe better and it breaks up the mucus in the lungs. It also will help the cough. Also vicks works wonders to

11 Likes

Laying on her stomach on a pillow and you percuss her back for short perios will loosen uo congestion. I did this for my 43 year old daughter and she for me when we had covid.

11 Likes

You should bring her back to the dr. To make sure she isn’t or doesn’t have pneumonia…Notvtryingvto scare you but my boyfriend had clear lungs when he got diagnosed with covid then got pneumonia and died from it …Just trying to say things changed fast …Kids can’t explain their pain …I hope your child get well quickly

10 Likes

If you can get her to drink hot stuff like hot tea it will help a lot… I have covid atm and that’s what has helped me… also if you have an Amish heating pad warm it up and put it in her chest… will help break up the gunk in her lungs. Lots of soup and fluids but she probably won’t like to drink water or milk because those taste horrible with covid and least for me. Give her some Tylenol (for kids) will help if she has a headache. Also might be Good to get so
W vapor rub might help break some of the gunk up too

3 Likes

Steam showers several times a day. Sleep on tummy or side, and get her up and moving every 30 mins for 10 mins to help her lungs clear out. Tylenol worked best for me. I was using ibuprofen but that did nothing. Lots of fluids and rest. Sitting up is ideal but tummy is better than lying on your back. Prayers for your little one

Don’t give ibuprofen, tylenol only. Pineapple juice is good for lungs. Don’t let her sleep or lay on her back too long. Get her up moving around some every 20 to 30 minutes. When she is standing, you can pat her back pretty firmly for a minute or two all over where her lungs are to keep mucus moving. Drink lots of water and hot cocoa. :pray::heart::v:

You take your kid to the Dr she’ll not make it back… Use steaming steriods. Put a bucket of boiled water on the floor add baby Vicks and cover a blankie over her, join her too so she doesn’t get burned so she can inhale that steam. Give her kiddies cough syrup with zinc & vitamin C. But the best is steaming

HOW TO FIGHT COVID AT HOME

No one ever talks about how to fight Covid at home. I came down with Covid in November. I went to the hospital, running a fever of 103, a rapid heart beat, and other common symptoms that come with Covid. While I was there they treated me for the high fever, dehydration and pneumonia.
The doctor sent me home to fight Covid with two prescriptions - Azithromycin 250mg & Dexamethason 6mg. When the nurse came in to discharge me, I asked her, “What can I do to help fight this at home?” She said, “Sleep on your stomach at all times with Covid. If you can’t sleep on your stomach because of heath issues sleep on your side. Do not lay on your back no matter what because it smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in.
Set your clock every two hours while sleeping on your stomach, then get out of bed and walk for 15-30 min, no matter how tired or weak that you are. Also move your arms around frequently, it helps to open your lungs. Breathe in thru your nose, and out thru your mouth. This will help build up your lungs, plus help get rid of the Pneumonia or other fluid you may have.
When sitting in a recliner, sit up straight - do not lay back in the recliner, again this will smash your lungs. While watching TV - get up and walk during every commercial.
Eat at least 1 - 2 eggs a day, plus bananas, avocado and asparagus.These are good for Potassium. Drink Pedialyte, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero & Water with Electrolytes to prevent you from becoming dehydrated. Do not drink anything cold - have it at room temperature or warm it up. Water with lemon, and little honey, peppermint tea, apple cider are good suggestions for getting in fluids. No milk products, or pork. Vitamin’s D3, C, B, Zinc, Probiotic One-Day are good ideas. Tylenol for fever. Mucinex, or Mucinex DM for drainage, plus helps the cough. Pepcid helps for cramps in your legs. One baby aspirin everyday can help prevent getting a blood clot, which can occur from low activity. "

Drink a smoothie of blueberries, strawberries, bananas, honey, tea and a spoon or two of peanut butter.

We always hear of how Covid takes lives, but there isn’t a lot of information out there regarding how to fight Covid. I hope this helps you or someone you know, just as it has helped me.

Copy and paste please.

COVID causes lots of muscle pains not just a flu ache . Zinc boosts the bodies own immune system . Headache and weakness. Keep her hydrated and some people swear by tonic water but a kid won’t drink it unless you mix some drink mix in it . It has very low levels of quinine . Also acts like an antiviral .

Run a HOT HOT shower. If that means turning the water heater up for a few hours so be it. Turn the shower on and let it run a few mins and get the bathroom nice and full of steam. Take her in there and shut the door and let her breathe all that steam in. It’ll help losses all that gunk. If you have tools to help you clean her nasal cavities after the bathroom sesh would be the time to do them. Think about maybe adding some lavender to the shower to help calm her but just a bit. If it smells too strong it might make her cough worse. Offer her the brat diet. If she asks for anything else though give it to her. Try chicken noodle soup too. Get the stars kind and put it in a cup. The broth is what you want em to eat. The noodles and such are a bonus. Popsicles. Play doh. Coloring books. Lots and lots of cuddles. And when she’s laying on you firmly pat her back. Cool wash cloths. Tons of ice water too. Believe it or not that helps loosen the mucus too. Good luck sweetie.

Don’t tell her she has covid. She has probably heard of it and is sounds scary. Just tell her she has a cold and not to worry.

They are calling everything thing covid you need to take her to another doctor and make sure

Balsamic Honey with menthol and Eucalyptus:support the respirator system:also green tea :tea: with Eucalyptus .it will help her so much!!! Wal-green sell the honey… I gat a full supply and give some to my family. What really is wonderful is the EUCALYPTUS. Natural medicine!!! Hope she get well soon.

Drain her sinuses too check out YouTube for videos on how to

1 Like

Information just read I thought I would share:
Once you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 you are in no shape to “prepare for battle”. So prepare ahead of time.
Purchase the following items:
a pulse oximeter
Pepcid
Mucinex
Aspirin
Vitamin C,D, B
Food high in Potassium
Lemon
Ginger
Honey
Blueberries
Strawberries
Bananas
Eggs
Peanut butter
Please read below;
Maybe could help some people fighting covid at home .FYI: :point_down:t2:
This was shared on a Covid survivor group…
HOW TO FIGHT COVID AT HOME
No one ever talks about how to fight Covid at home. I came down with Covid in November. I went to the hospital, running a fever of 103, a rapid heart beat, and other common symptoms that come with Covid. While I was there they treated me for the high fever, dehydration and pneumonia.
The doctor sent me home to fight Covid with two prescriptions - Azithromycin 250mg & Dexamethason 6mg. When the nurse came in to discharge me, I asked her, “What can I do to help fight this at home?” She said, “Sleep on your stomach at all times with Covid. If you can’t sleep on your stomach because of heath issues sleep on your side. Do not lay on your back no matter what because it smashes your lungs and that will allow fluid to set in.
Set your clock every two hours while sleeping on your stomach, then get out of bed and walk for 15-30 min, no matter how tired or weak that you are. Also move your arms around frequently, it helps to open your lungs. Breathe in thru your nose, and out thru your mouth. This will help build up your lungs, plus help get rid of the Pneumonia or other fluid you may have.
When sitting in a recliner, sit up straight - do not lay back in the recliner, again this will smash your lungs. While watching TV - get up and walk during every commercial.
Eat at least 1 - 2 eggs a day, plus bananas, avocado and asparagus. These are good for Potassium. Drink Pedialyte, Gatorade Zero, Powerade Zero & Water with Electrolytes to prevent you from becoming dehydrated. Do not drink anything cold - have it at room temperature or warm it up. Water with lemon, and little honey, peppermint tea, apple cider are good suggestions for getting in fluids. No milk products, or pork. Vitamin’s D3, C, B, Zinc, Probiotic One-Day are good ideas. Tylenol for fever. Mucinex, or Mucinex DM for drainage, plus helps the cough. Pepcid helps for cramps in your legs. One baby aspirin everyday can help prevent getting a blood clot, which can occur from low activity. "
Drink a smoothie of blueberries, strawberries, bananas, honey, tea and a spoon or two of peanut butter.
We always hear of how Covid takes lives, but there isn’t a lot of information out there regarding how to fight Covid. I hope this helps you or someone you know, just as it has helped me.
Copy and paste please.

2 Likes

Popsicles helped our 4 year old

Demand that your Dr give therapeutic drugs…Hydroxycholorquine, Zinc, Etc.

Talk to her pediatric doctor

Praying for your little :angel: Jesus is the ultimate physician

1 Like

Hope she feels better soon. Praying for her

So sorry :pray: for y’all

Childrens cough suckers

Praying your precious 3 year old gets better soon :pray::pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Call a Doctor for advise

Prayers for you and your little ones

Keep her moving and don’t lay her on her back
lots and lots of fluids
Vitamin C and lots of OJ

Follow her doctors recommendations. Hope your baby feels better soon.

Talk to her doctor before you do anything!

Prayers for your precious baby…

1 Like

Prayers for her to get better.

Call doctor see what he revommends

I find liquorice sweets really help a cough, if they can bear the tastem

Lots of vitamin c when my nine year old had it lots of fluids and lots of mommy

A nurse told me to lay on your stomach not your back because it crushes the lungs and prolongs the cough. Also not to sit up to sleep.

Cough drops or logenzers with zink lots of fluids vitamin c

Make sure they rest, try to sleep on their stomach to help fluid from building up in the lungs.

Yes Shameka Glover I always put Vick’s on my feet r my kids and grandkids feet and put socks on them and keep them on I would put footed p j and sock and rub vicks on chest make sure u keep them cover up when u put vicks on

2 Likes

Have them walk around a bit even if their tired at least once every few hours.Raise their arms above their head 6-7times every 3 hours. Have their chest and head elevated at all times. Pat back just like burping baby to help keep things broke up. Alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen for fever. We found Vick’s helped us. Hot Shower just sitting in bathroom with running. Make sure not to over dress because of fever. These are just a few things we did.we also used Vick’s sinus spray But she is only 3 so that’s a NO. Most Importantly Follow your Dr. advice.KEEP CLOSE EYE ON HER AT ALL TIMES. AND REACH OUT TO HOSPITAL WITH QUESTIONS/CONCERNS. NO MATTER HOW SMALL. If fever stays high ,she has wheeze sound when breathing or gasping for breath(like when you been running) these are SURE signs time to go to hospital. Have someone stay in same room with her sothese changes will be noticed right away. Have a hospital of choice picked out just in case. I would advise a children’s hospital. Keep in touch with your Dr. if you don’t like their advice call another for second. Will be praying for you

It is a terrible time when your little is sick. Lots of cuddles and books or tv time. Best of luck and may she feel better soon.

Poor little sausage I hope she feels better very soon and you get some rest too Mum! X

1 Like

Vitamin c, d, and zinc I give my kiddo melatonin at night and vitamins to boost her immune system also hear elderberry works too

1 Like

When my daughter was very young she had bronchitis. Doctor prescribed 2 part lemon juice mixed with 1 part honey it worked for cough. She also had me turn the shower on and sit in bathroom with her turn water on hot and it makes lots of steam stay as long as you can. The laying on stomach cupping hands and her back loosen mucus move hands around as you do this. Now the last thing I pray healing for your daughter in Jesus name.

I would elevate her head and chest on a pillow to keep her from coughing. In her bed, put a pillow or two under her mattress to raise her head and chest. and perhaps use Vick’s Vaporub on her chest with a soft cloth on her chest. Keep her hydrated with water or popsicles. If she has a fever, she may like the cold of the popsicle. How about vitamin C in orange juice? Not too much because of the sugar content of orange juice. Try cranberry juice? I hope she recovers soon. Good luck!

What did her doctor recommend?

Please Lord help this mother and child as they go through this awful time of Covid!! I ask this in Jesus’ name!!

Pineapple juice ! ! !

1 Like

Call the Dr. Be/she is the best choice.:sparkling_heart:

Give her plenty of water. Keep mucus thin. Don’t break fever until it’s 102.9!!

Call your dr instead of relying on internet medical advice.

I’m praying for your family :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

May God help her in her time of need