My 4 year old is being bullied and left out, what can I do?

Oh my god. This breaks my heart. It’s one of my fears as a parent with a child in school. I can’t believe that the other staff members watch this happening and don’t do anything. I have no idea how I would handle this, but I’d definitely be raising hell!!

I would speak to the teacher immediately…There must be some reason for it…Were these children there before? Have they been there for several years now? Sometimes when a new person arrives they are the outsider…but it is up to the teacher to make sure that all are included…What kind of a pre-school is it? I used to be a Montessori teacher and that sort of thing would never have been allowed because in a Montessori school children would be working on activities that had been introduced to them by the teacher…so they all would be busy…and recess time they would all be supervised as well…I cannot remember any of the children I had in my classes that ever had that problem with the exception of one and she was bothering a boy who was autistic and he did not like her after that…She pretended she did not bother him…but I knew better…and her grandmother had custody of her because she was not allowed in public school because she had problems with other children…She was told that if she bothered Billy again she would also have to leave…A Montessori School must be a school free from situations where children cannot learn because of problems with other children…She was never allowed to be alone. I felt sorry for her because she had a rough start to life and that is why grandmother had custody…but all children need to feel safe in a classroom…

Pull her out and change pre schools as teachers should have seen what’s going on by now they seem not to care

Transfer! If it hasn’t changed and teacher aren’t noticing or have and aren’t doing anything about it then save her the hurt and transfer her ! :pleading_face:

Talk to the teacher, In Pre-K the teacher should be putting them in groups to play, then they switch it up so all the kids get to play with eachother & get to know eachother.

Kids refusing to play with yours isn’t bullying and it may hurt but no kid has to play with yours. Just like you don’t have to hang with people you don’t like on your down time either. Recess is the kids version of a break.

The teacher should be able to match a couple of kids with her. Put the kids in groups and pay special attention to who she’s with. I was a ghost at school. Nobody hung with me. They didn’t pick on me but they ignored me like I wasn’t there.
But I found a couple of girls like me and hung around them.
Contended me enough.

have you ever thought there might be a reason the kids don’t want to play with your kid? Like maybe your kid is mean or don’t wanna share or tries to boss the other kids? I’ve definitely seen this exact case. A few times. So u really need to speak to the teacher and find out what’s going on …

Speak to the teacher and the ones that are around at recess to see if you can get a different view of what is going on!!

Maybe your child is in the wrong ever thought of that? Kids lie dude

The teachers are just as bad as the students in some cases… I can attest to that.

Teach him kick boxing n rock then mfers

Talk to teacher, if the situation don’t change, change classes

1 Like

Change her school straight away .

Put your kid in mma and let her whoop their ass haha

Just remember God works in mysterious ways :rofl::joy::rofl:.

Definitely homeschool. Kindness and inclusiveness is still a rare thing parents are teaching their kids. Maybe our grand children will have better luck but for now… fuck dem kids.

Have her do her own thing and be awesome and when someone wants to join in just let in one or two and lock the rest out.

A school dat condones bullying should lose their licence for an amount of time untill they get the message. However whomever is responsible for this 4 year old to integrate and be excepted in a class, should be spoken to first and check facts and circumstances. If things don’t change …my opinion is “name and shame”. In the meantime yes, I would look for another school, but also get her tested. Maybe she fits better in a different kind of school like Rudolf Steiner or Nature Schools? Not all of us are made for the same schools.

Oh gosh this post makes me so sad :sob: :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Get her out of there

Emily kids are so mean :sob:

Don’t waste time! Transfer asap!

Makes my heart hurt for her

Teach him how to fight

There’s probably a reason. Is your kid smelly, fat, annoying, stupid, rude, or undesirable to be around in anyway? If so the other kids will be rude because they haven’t learned corrective behaviors yet. They aren’t walking up to each other and being like, “I used to be fat, but I found that people didn’t like me because I looked different than them, so I lost the weight, and now I look like them and they like me. I know it sounds weird, but its how people are, sometimes you have to make sacrifices to fit in. Though I’ll be honest, I much prefer eating what I want than hanging out with these ass holes.” They’re just going to call you fat and tell you that you’re stupid and to go eat a bag of dicks.

Take that kid out of school and homeschool. School isnt a place for smart people. It’s nothing more than a stupid popularity contest or I’d be talking with some parents. I can’t slap they’re kids but I sure as hell can knock them on their ass. They deserve for being pieces of shit and raising pieces if shit

Teacher then talk to the class

1 Like

Teach her Ho’oponopono💞

Send her to Cobra Kai.

Awe, my heart goes out to her :two_hearts::two_hearts::sob:

Visit the school and volunteer

The poor little sweetheart I hope she gets some friends soon

5 Likes

Take some cupcakes to the kids class.

2 Likes

Talk to the teacher.

2 Likes

My husband and I were both bullied terribly, and that was definitely a major factor in our decision to homeschool. It wasn’t the only reason, but it definitely came into play.

Talk with teacher. At this age teacher should be encouraging children to play together. Helping them include each other.

Talk with the teachers.

Maybe talk to other parents to see if they can talk to their kids

Kids are mean. Always. Always. Always. Can’t change everyone’s kids. That’s why I homeschool my kids and have enough of them so they can be friends among themselves lol.

This happens everywhere I went through it to just give it a little time and hopefully she makes freands no matter what school she goes to it happens in every school

Host a play date with some of the kids and parents. Help her make friends :slightly_smiling_face: Show her as much as you can how it’s done.

I work at a pre-school and we always try to encourage the kids to play together. And, if we saw a child always sitting alone on a bench - we would make it a point to watch & figure out what was going on. I would encourage u to partner with the teacher & see if she can give you some insight before you switch schools. The teacher would definitely want to help bc no one likes to see that in their classroom - at any age! If after that, things don’t improve or you are not happy with how the teacher is handling things - then move ur child to
Another school.

I would plan a day to go to school with your daughter for the day or even a couple hours.

Kids that young need the socialization of school so you need the teacher and maybe other parents involved. Have the teacher try to verify which kids are bullying her by monitoring them at play every day. Then talk to the parents as a whole instead of individualy. The goal is to not to make them mad-you need their help. If you catch a child bullying take them out of play time and tell this will happen every time they are caught bullying. If the parents ask why, tell them and have them address the problem at home. If it continues to happen then they need to find another school for their little bully. I was bullied at school from the first grade all the way through high school.No child deserves to be treated like that. It does effect them for the rest of their life. They lose confidence in themselves and sometimes they never get it back.

i would arrange with the teacher to sit in on the class and possibly give lessons to the class about this problem. take to the source, stomp that snake til its gone, okay.

I understand that your natural instinct as a mother is to bei protect your child but do realise that she has to eventually face this big bad world. Speak to the teacher…the teacher should speak to the children in a playway manner. mentally and emotionally enable your daughter to stand her ground and fight be her biggest support and backbone but don’t do it for her. This experience will make you and her extremely strong.

Address the school. They legally have to provide a safe, secure learning enviroment… that includes teaching the other kids that your daughter is to be included…that is their job.
:pray::purple_heart::mask:

I would definitely talk to the teacher first but I wouldn’t anticipate them doing anything. Most schools have a “zero tolerance” policy but when you actually go to them and tell them you are being bullied or that your child is being bullied, they’ll tell you “it’s out of our hands.” That happened to my niece. Her and her friends were being bullied, she went to the school multiple times, her mom went to the school and they didn’t do anything even though there was an abundance of proof. The bullies received nothing but a slap on the wrist. My niece is now being home-schooled and is flourishing. Unfortunately, her friend committed suicide. I’m not saying this will happen to your child but just be prepared for the school to not do anything. I was bullied as a kid and often tried to conform to the cliques around me to try to fit in and that is one of my biggest regrets. Encourage your daughter to be herself and keep trying to make friends. Eventually, she will find her own group of people who will accept her with open arms. In the meantime, maybe see if there are other parents in the area that have kids around her age and try to set up play dates outside of school. Depending on where you live, she might find friends that way that don’t attend her school. Keep your head up! I’ll be keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

Talk to the teacher and give things an opportunity to get better, but also use this time to teach your daughter that not everyone is going to like her or be her friend. Granted, that’s no excuse for them to be mean, and that’s where the teacher can step in, but dont make the teacher force kids to be friends with her either. Kids are mean as hell these days and a big reason is because they dont watch their kids and let iPads do the babysitting for them.

But also, I would ask the teacher to observe your kids social behavior and look out for signs of social awkwardness. A lot of times kids express stuff or socialize a certain way because of their home life or a psychological issue.

1 Like