My 9-month-old is having trouble popping: Advice?

Broccoli! Mine used to get backed up and of prune juice or the mommy’s bliss constipation ease did t work then I gave her broccoli and by the next morning she pooped. Also if they think it’s needed or if ur really concerned they might give her a suppository to help her out

Put vaseline on the tip just insert it a short way

1 Like

Karo syrup put some in a bottle with formula and it will soften and easier to come out.

2 Likes

Massage her abdomen, do not wait so long next time

Glycerin suppositories
We would make some very weak diluted tea (lightly sweetened) a tea that a baby could drink and add some olive oil (1 or 2 teaspoons) and feed it in bottle… that worked!

My daughter stayed constipated the first year of her life😢 I changed formula used prune juice,apple juice. The doc told me to use suppositories to help her go and that worked. I felt so bad having to do it but it was the only thing that helped

Give her a suppository. If u can’t find the baby ones just cut one in half.

Prune juice or with orange juice mixed

Pedi lax glycerol suppository really works in minutea

Raw carrots, or scrambled eggs or applesauce

After a teaspoon you could do the white Karo or dark and that will work

Liquid suppositories are the only thing that worked for my son at that age.

Peppermint essential oil(diluted with coconut or another carrier oil) on her tummy in a clockwise motion and then put a few drops in the toilet as she sits. It helps her relax and works like a charm!

Not sure if she’s old enough but my nephew would eat a bout 1/2 to 1 cup of popcorn at nite and the next morning! Poop!

pear smashes like applesauce

I think the best thing to do is to just ask the baby’s doctor

1 Like

Brown sugar and water

Pear juice always works

1 Like

Karo syrup. Give a spoonful. And then add a spoonful to bottle until relieved.

2 Likes

Pear juice worked best for my son.

Papaya works wonders. It helps with my son whenever he can’t poop.

Do not try any essential oils they are not fda approved, have you tried other fruits like pears or plums !

Prune juice might help.

1 Like

Apple sauce works great for my son

Prune juice, Jar baby food prunes and if she has teeth then some real/dried prunes cut up. Put some prune juice in her bottles with formula or Brest milk, if she drinks out a sippy cup do the same if she ends up not liking the taste then just do it with water or make popsicles and keep doing this till she poops then keep it up after just start decreasing the amount you giver her, warm bathed every night. After bath do the bicycle moves. I have 4 kids and we had to do this with my daughter. It worked wonder and it’s natural also contact you dr. Hopefully this helps. It’s hard when your little ones can’t poop. Oh also give her prune juice once in a while so it will keep her regular.

1 Like

Warm water with Karo syrup in it

2 Likes

Prune juice helps. Also, soaking in a baking soda bath will soften. (20 minutes is usually good.

1 Like

1 oz apple juice in 1oz water. Give 2-3 times a day till it passes. My pediatrician told me this trick with my oldest and it worked phenomenally.

This worked for my girl, and apple juice, she was impacted in her upper intestine from bananas believe it or not…

Could be the formula I had to change my daughter for the same reason to enfimal reg

My daughter has hard time pooping as well. She’s 4 years old. She takes lactulose to soften her stools.

Sometimes I’ll hold my son’s legs back, like knees to his chest, as if he’s squatting…I do this while he’s usually straining already, and he’ll push down with his legs and I’ll pull them back (think of labor :joy:) and that helps. Otherwise, you may want to try the Frida Windy. I’ve noticed that since my son is eating more food, his poop is beginning to become more solid.

Warm up the prune juice, always works for us when its warm…

Has anyone thought about a child enemma…

We gave ours almond milk and it helps

2 teaspoons brown sugar in warm water after each meal will sort the problem out if it’s small baby half the sugar in warm water before and after a feed it might take about 6 hours to wofk

Teaspoon of mineral oil

1 Like

Rectal thermometer with lube, and circles. It always did the trick with my babies

I’ve learned making sure we alternate milk and juice helps prevent the problem. Our dr also prescribed something when they were young

Thermometer and vaseline…legs up

You can use Miralax its doc recommended its tasteless can mix with water or juice

3 Likes

Glycerin suppositories. Can get them over the counter. Talk to the pharmacist and know the childs exact weight for dosage. Works in about 10-15 minutes. Had to do this for my youngest a few times.

My granddaughter visiting nurse told us when she was having that issue half to full teaspoon of light Karo syrup and it worked quickly just once a day in her bottle and adapt how much you give her

Glycerin suppositories… they work within minutes on my little one… just have plenty of diapers and wipes ready

I use to give my children about 100ml boiled water with spoonful of brown sugar it worked goodluck

1 Like

If those things don’t work you best see a doctor as it could be serious.

I’d just use a glycerin suppository :woman_shrugging:t3: quick and easy.

My pediatrician suggested apple juices it pulls water into the colon. Also, if the baby is breastfed, make sure you are drinking enough water. I bought toddler apple juice with a much lower sugar content. That was my main concern with juice.

Apple juice works too

Try bAking soda raisins apple juice

Have you tried apple juice? It worked wonders for my baby

I would rub the tummy clock wise for a few minutes, then take a qtip with coconut oil on it and insert just the tip in to their bum and go in a small circle to kind of stimulat and lub it up then do bicycle legs and boom we had pooh. It always works for my kids

1 Like

Yea we had to use suppository
Change the milk

1 oz Apple juice mixed with 1 oz water in a bottle twice a day until she’s regular again :blush: hope this helps

Tbsp of dark kayro syrup in a four oz warm bottle of milk/formula. It works.

Suppositories, if tall wait any longer her poop could get impacted and hurt more

I used to rub their feet and give them warm baths. A warm bath helps relax the body; let hang out in the water and play. Maybe even do a few warm baths a day if it helps relax her.

My daughter 3 now still has issues pooping it started when she was around 1, we’ve been to a gastro shes fine we did what everyone said prunes juices the glycerin suppositories, fleet ones , not a damn thing worked until another mommy told me about epsom salt put some in their bath she said 1/2 cup let them soak for 15 min no longer because it can dehydrate them just give lots of water juices afterwards and it worked for us :woman_shrugging: my daughter is now on pedialax I recommend those if problems persist later in years because I think its gor 2+ years but obviously consult dr before trying Epsom salt as I did and got the ok

Our dr suggested we use 1/2 tsp restorolax in her water. Both my girls had issues, but more so with my youngest because she was not exclusively breastfed. The amount of iron in the formula was the culprit for this issue.

My son had the same issue pediatrition told me to fill his lil bath tub with warm water and let him lay/sit in it he will poop in there but ur bby will thank u. Also he said to put some miralax in his milk once every other day half a a cap. Helped him. We also had to change his formula but thts up to ur pediatrition

There is a raspberry mineral oil you can by at the drug store. Works like a charm

Apple juice for a 9 month old prob 4-6 oz not watered down or if you can get her to drink karo syrup 2oz karo to 4 oz warm water

There is a liquid pedia lax for babies you can get at Wal-Mart. I had a newborn that didn’t know how to :poop: pediatrician had us use it.

Coloxyl drops in her drink. A couple of drops might help. I used it for my kids when they were little and found it helped lots.

I second Sara Ashley or I used a little sugar water. You can buy lactulose from a chemist as well xx

Use some freshly squeezed orange juice

Glycerin suppositories all the way. It was what the pediatrician’s office recommended for his constipation. It always worked and as long as we didnt let him go more than 2 days without pooping, he didnt have any discomfort from it. It works best if you insert it and hold it while it melts.

14 Likes

Go to Walmart and get some glycerin suppositories. Gently insert and allow it time to melt should work . My son was always constipated as an infant and these worked the best and there safe to use no chemicals just glycerin

12 Likes

A teaspoon of light kero syrup once or twice a day in her bottle will help. We had the same problem with my middle daughter. Her pediatrician from children’s hospital suggested trying it to give her relief. We also did the liquid glycerin suppositories to help clear her out and continued the kero syrup to keep things moving. Aftet you put the suppositories in
Make sure she’s in a position that will allow things to move freely. Good luck.

2 Likes

My daughter has had chronic constipation since infancy. She is now 6. She takes an adult dosage of miralax daily. They might prescribe it for you. It works great and not harsh like stool softeners. No taste and melts right into juice or milk.

2 Likes

You really should discuss it with the doctor/nurse in call or pediatrician’s office. They’ll have the safest, wisest suggestions for you.

1 Like

Don’t do anything until your baby is seen by a doctor. Go to ER or an Urgent Care Center instead of waiting for an appointment

6 Likes

Definitely the glycerin suppositories, and I’m pretty sure they have them for children. With them being so young it cut it in half and try it first. But if this doesn’t work rather soon I’d be going to the er or another urgent care place

1 Like

I don’t think ild wait for the pediatrician… When it comes to the bodies natural functions tgings can get bad for a baby pretty quick… I would’ve made a trip to the ER

3 Likes

Try Mira Lax…my grandson was like this and they put him on Mira Lax and it worked great.We was told to use one teaspoon in a bottle of formula ,water ,juice… whatever he was drinking.

2 Likes

It has been many years since my babies were small but at that time their doctor suggested a warm salt water enema. 5 days is a long time. Or take her to the ER.

1 Like

Mommy Bliss Constipation Ease, it is for 6 month+ and is over the counter. Its is the only thing I know of for that young besides what you have already used.

ER
If the suppostories don’t work
A lil warm NOT HOT room temp.water with a tiny bit of dark Caro syrup in it.get the Dark colored one not the light colored.Praying relief for you and baby

3 Likes

Glycerin suppositories. Used them on my daughter recommended by my doc. Make sure you get children’s. Very easy just incert and move in and out wait a few minutes and do it again. It really works. Good luck

Suppositories work well. Fruit as well but my go to item for my kids and now grandkids were teddy graham’s. They love them and it works quite well.

I always used some karo syrup in the baba. . some formulas with iron can be very constipating . use a tsp of karo syrup in the bottle . depending on the age apple juice helps dont dilute it . use the baby apple juice .baby is probably very uncomfortable so wont really want to eat .

Miralax worked amazing for my 6 month old

Apple juice with kayro and a nice warm bath. Let her play as long as she wants. It sometimes relaxes things.

2 Likes

When my son had this issue the doc told me to mix one teaspoon milk of magnesium and one tsp mineral oil. Worked.

You also need to change her formula. Nutramigen does wonders for this

Is your baby still on formula? If so, they are probably getting too much iron which causes constipation. Try to fix the cause instead of pacifying the symptoms. When we are pregnant and on prenatal vitamins they make you take ferrous sulfate together to avoid constipation. This is caused from the excess iron.

1 Like

If the appointment is still days away I would take her to the ER or urgent care
But I guess that’s just me.

My daughter is 26 and has had constipation her whole life, and shes always eaten vegetables.

Doctor, I have experienced this and had to have surgery. It was so painful it also blocks the bladder.

They have stuff for children who are constipated at the store.

Put a cap full of Karo syrup in her bottle/or sippy. It usually works for my son.

1 Like

One of my friends did castor oil with one of her kiddos that had this problem.

Fruit!! Cut up a whole ass watermelon and let the kid go to town… grapes are good too but any fruit really. Strawberries, kiwi, melons, apples… And go over board. 5 different fruits in a row. It will loosen right up. When my daughter gets constipated like that and I notice it’s been a few days. Kill it with the fruit. Only solid thing she has till she goes is like a oatmeal. Crackers. Wholegrain toast. Stuff like that… . half a day of fruit and you’ll be good to go … literally :rofl:

Applesauce always made all our LO’s have to go.

Apple juice mixed with a spoon of kero syrup. I had to do this with my oldest because of the iron in his formula

My daughter’s doc said to mix miralax into apple juice. It helped.

Call ask a nurse instead of waiting. 5 days is a long time for a little one.

1 Like

I have 5 kids 11 grandkids apple juice worked for all of them it’s the iron in the formula that does it.

Old remedy…castor oil on their belly button. Just put some on cotton ball and tape over belly button…works!

Karo an water 2 oz water an a teaspoon of karo I have done this with all my kids an grandkids

4 Likes