My 9-month-old is having trouble popping: Advice?

Lol mentally prepare yourself for the poop stuff of nightmares once it happens. Good luck.

2 Likes

Try baby suppository up her butt

4 Likes

For everyone who uses Mirilax or suggesting it I just wanted to put this out there.

My son was prescribed that for constipation and we found out it was the cause of severe night terrors for him. If your child ever seems to have a sudden fear of the dark or wakes up in a panic it’s because of the Mirilax. This is something that is researchable to as I found lots of information of other parents who had the same situation with Mirilax and their young children.

I’m not putting the stuff down just letting you know incase you have any issues like this you know why. I did switch to fiber gummies for my son and taking them nightly helped him produce a bm on a regular basis the next day. Sometimes it did require two gummies but it worked for him.
:wink:

3 Likes

are you bottle feeding or breast feeding? this might make a difference.

I always did a lot of dark karo syrup in apple juice. Then look out.

1 Like

Warm tap water with Karo syrup. Give her 4 ozs to drink.

Miralax is what the doctor gave my son and it works wonders

A little karo syrup in a bottle. Did it with my kids when they were younger.

Grapes always worked for my kids

Warm bath, helps to relax the muscles

prunes apple baby food it works

Liquid suppository always worked for my son.

We done apple juice for our son.

A little bit of warm coffee

Prune juice, warm baths as well

Apple juice. Sugar water. Lots of fruit

Mother’s Bliss constipation drops

Miralax is what they put ours on when she was really little.:woman_shrugging:t2:She is in her 20’s now.

Go to the ER now. She could have a blockage or something else. I WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL SEEN BY A DR. SHE NEEDS TO GO NOW!!!

1 Like

Dark Karo syrup warmed up in a bottle… works everytime

I used to do prune juice baby juice

Mineral Oil. Two teaspoons a day.

Prune juice ice pops, you will have to make them yourself. Works well

Give her a teaspoon of Castor oil

Dark Karo syrup in the bottle.

Try some kayro syrup in water

call the Dr…why come here

Kayro syrup works good in their bottle

Nutrilon omnea the green one !

We did apple juice for are daughter

She could eat some pop rocks :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Peas peas peas, pear juice.

Put a little cayro syrup in the bottle

Sorry but if my child hadn’t pooped in 5 days I’d be on the phone with the PED getting them seen ASAP, or at the ER with them.

My now 4 yr old has suffered with severe constipation since birth and we’ve always used these. They work almost immediately!

3 Likes

Both my kids had bad constipation…this is what 3 different pediatricians recommended to us! (Yes, I got 3 opinions!).
Works perfect and on very little time.
But be careful the first time you use it…there may be hard lump of poo come out and it will be kinda painful but it will make the baby feel better instantly.
I used it, then quickly put diaper back on and BOOM… it worked within 5 minutes.

A little Dark Karo syrup in the bottle always helped my kids

Call your pediatrician

Karo syrup and water

1 Like

Babylax from Walmart

White karo syrup, it works!

Light karo in her bottle.

Suppository, works fast

2 Likes

Karo syrup in some water…

I give my son probiotic powder in his drink in the mornings and he poops no problem a couple hours afterwards. He is a little over a year old 14months to be exact but the pediatrician informed me to give it to him the one I get is specifically for kids and over the counter.

If it is hurting really bad when she tries to go she could have an impact ion or something worse going on… after 5 days I would take her into the ER. If there is an impact ion it can turn to sepsis.

4 Likes

My sons having the same issue. He’s the same age. The Dr told me to give him a stool softener. I mix it in with his bottle once a day. It’s worked for us!

ER and they’ll prescribe her pooping meds. You’ve tried everything. 5 days is to long. They can give her a temp check with the butt thermometer. That might help.

I’m not a doctor just giving my experience. It was more of a diet change. Adding fiber and lots of water. But the quick solution was a suppository or miralax. The doctor prescribed it and worked well. Miralax takes like 24 hours and a suppository is like 10 min.

2 Likes

My son just had a constipation issue yesterday, although he didn’t go but almost a day without pooping. He’s a month old but what helped him poop was a warm bath then when we took him out we put a thermometer in his butt and rubbed his belly and pulled his legs to his belly and he was finally able to poop

1 Like

Our doctor had me use miralax, and had me use some Vaseline on a q-tip and apply some just inside their bottom, it helped the poop come out easier. Also, pear juice works wonders.

2 Likes

Dark Karo Syrup… sounds weird I know! I put 1-2 tablespoons in my daughters bottle and it helps every time !!!

7 Likes

Children’s glyserine suppositories they do help. Their uncomfortable for a moment if that doesn’t work consult a physician but they will give relief.

Restoralax! My son is 3 and we’ve had this issue with him since he was a baby!

Try Senekot it’s an all natural oral relief for constipation. Dr had me give it to my son daily for his constipation

constipation ease!!! its a lifesaver and ita natural

Brown sugar in warm water helps :blush:
Coloxyl drops are also good

Gas relief drops actually cause constipation. It says it on the box. Our doc has us give our daughter dark karo and its works everytime

Glycerin suppositories. Work like magic. You can get them over the counter at Walmart. Less then 5$. Keep them in fridge for future use. Probably only need 1/2 of one to get her movement started.

3 Likes

Glycerin Suppositories. You can get almost anywhere. Most grocery stores or pharmacies carry them.

Ask your pharmacist they have just as much knowledge as a doctor and don’t mind talking to people, they are also available weekends.

My little one had the same thing and her doctor told me to give her miralax

1 Like

My grandbaby Dr told me to Miralax and it worked for her!! One cap full

Could be impacted. Use a rectal thermometer gently and it should help to release the poop.

Dark corn syrup always worked for my son. He’s 14 now.:two_hearts:

1 Like

Does she drink formula or breast milk? If it’s formula, try one without iron like Gentlease. Iron can make some babies constipated.

Miralax… no im not crazy… my daughter was born with ibs… miralax was a prescription before it hit the shelves… i’d mix with apple juice… get her to her pedi and then a gastro… just a suggestion… she was about 4 when she was moved to miralax

1 Like

I second Glycerin suppositories. Mine had vowel issues as an infant. Used them a few times for her.

2 Likes

Both of my kids had Miralax a couple times a week when they were babies. They’re 11 and 7 now though. Lol

I babysat for 35 yrs.best thing is dark karo syrup in bottle of formula once a day

1 Like

Take a rectal temperature to stimulate bowl movement

I used apple juice and it did wonders!

I will take her to the ER just to be on the safe side

1 Like

Take the thing you get boogers out with put baby soap and Luke warm water and use it like an inama

1 Like

Pure orange juice worked for my little one many years ago now though.

Try taking her to a chiropractor.

Miralax. We give it daily. It’s been a lifesaver.

1 Like

try to give her a ripe papaya, or sweet potato.

I put karo syrup in their bottle not alot but it really helps

1 Like

Apple juice helps too! And green veggies

Apple juice always helped my babies

Everynight put 2 tablespoons of benefiber and a teaspoon of prune concentrate.

banana will make the poop harder,give her papaya. .

Shredded wheat😉 works good if they eat it every sonoften

Also we do 2 oz of apple prune juice too

Warm peppermint water

Rectal temp to start the poop flow or suppository

Banana are good solution and gripe water

Feed him some cream corn that will do it

Take her to her don’t wait

Yes on the dark Karo syrup cheapest easiest route

There are many prescription and over-the-counter laxatives available to treat constipation. One of these options is mineral oil. Mineral oil is a lubricant laxative. It’s been used for many years to make it easier to have a bowel movement, and is generally considered safe and effective.
mix it in her bottle

Karo syrup in her milk

1 Like

Hey mamas. Check out Not your average mom group​:metal: it’s a mom group for any kind of mom. Lots of fun, love and good advice in there :purple_heart::purple_heart:

If it’s been 5 days there’s most likely as hard mass at the end that they cannot pass. After trying pear juice and all the other things, I have to resort to Suppositories. It made her super uncomfortable but it got the job done. Then (not sure on age) we got osmilax. It helps with consipation and contains fiber for good poos. See the chemist and they will advise on the best procedure for their age. Better out now then leaving it to get worse and back up. Make sure they are having plenty of water. (Warning also it can continue after for a while so keep to fruit veg and good fibre foods and not too much dairy or breads) wish you and your little one the best x

Infant’s friend. Best stuff ever!

Warm sugar water worked every time for mine

I used to have to lay them on their back, and push their legs (knees) up, and help them push it out. But I would rub vaseline around their bottom and it comes out so much easier.

When this happens we undo babies diaper, push their knees up and in, and rub around the tail bone. When they start pushing I help them by pushing their knees into their abdomen. When I see it trying to push through I keep going and sometimes help it out with my finger. When done I then scrub my hands for like five minutes.

1 Like

Put the baby in white and plan to go out somewhere nice

1 Like