My aunt examines my baby when we go over: Advice?

My baby is a little over one. When I take her to her other side of the family, her aunt always examines her to see if she has bruises, her nails are clipped, anything in her ears…she has to be PERFECT. If there is a little bit of wax in the ear, she makes a huge fuss over it, or if there is a little red spot on the skin from crawling that usually immediately goes away, she always has to let everyone know and question what it is. I love my daughter and keep her clean, take great care of her, and knock on wood hasn’t had any major bruises yet…my daughter is still trying to walk, so some falls are going to happen, unfortunately. I never examined my nieces and nephews; I always felt like that is the parents’ job. Is it normal for the aunt to constantly look her over? I feel like when my baby gets older; she is going to think that something is wrong with herself. The aunt also examines my baby’s half-sibling and will take pictures if she finds any bruises. The aunt is also very negative about the outfit my baby’s sibling goes over in and is very critical all the time and talks bad about the mom in front of my child’s half-sibling. Am I overthinking this or is the aunt stinking her nose where it doesn’t belong? Should I tell her to stop messing with my child?

That’s a little strange to me and I probably would not visit that aunt anymore.

I mean sometimes bruises and bumps on kids are obvious and people are naturally going to notice them on a child but someone who is deliberately looking over and judging my kids body is a hell no for me. This sounds very creepy to me.

Did you ever ask her why she is examining your kids? Is it possible that she truly thinks you are abusing your child?

Same things with the clothes. There is a difference between not like the clothes you put your kids in and being neglectful with the clothes you put them in. Example I don’t like the color red on this child and sending your kid out in just a tshirt in the middle of the winter.

I honestly don’t get why you would allow someone else to exam and take pictures of your child’s body unless it was a medical professional. The kids are going to eventually pick up on how critical she is being with their bodies and they will eventually develop issues from it. I was be questioning the aunts motives and mental health if it were me.

You definitely need to tell her to back off or you won’t be seeing her anymore. I’ve never heard of anyone doing this??? That’s absolutely ridiculous, kids get bruises and bumps all the time just from doing daily things everyone does. Please tell her to leave your kids the hell alone because that is not normal.