My aunt examines my baby when we visit: Advice?

Holy shit. That is so controlling. My daughter is 16 months and is constantly covered in bruises and cuts, NONE are inflicted by anything other than her learning new things (some from the cats admittedly). If anyone even remotely tried to assume it was from abuse, they wouldn’t be allowed around my kid.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I would be telling her straight up to mine her own fkn business and if she doesn’t like it tough shit it’s your child not hers and she had absolutely no right in doing this to anyone else’s children , I wouldn’t be taking my child anywhere near her she sounds like a crackpot

Your not the one who needs to feel like a bad mum, she needs help, who do she think she is the cheeky mare, shes got no business going near your child,you seriously needs to rip her a new asshole and put her in her place.

Definitely bring it up, however keep in mind the approach will probably need to be delicate as you may not know why she’s doing this. Is she doing this for nefarious reasons or has someone hurt her or someone else.
I’d definitely bring it up but maybe in a relaxed tone not accusing tone at first. Get her talking then go from there. Make sure to let her know how you feel and she acknowledges that your daughter hasn’t shown a condition of true concern.
I’d also make sure to let her know that if she ever feels like she needs to address you of a concern regarding safety that she can approach you of it…as a suggestion.

1 Like

She is overstepping.

Aunt needs put in her place then you need to distance yourself&baby from her for awhile…

1 Like

Start examining her for bruises. When she has a problem with it tell her what you do to my kid I do to you.

I’d refrain from bringing my child around anyone that acts like that

1 Like

Avoid that aunt at all cost - even if it means missing family functions! She’s looking for a reason to start crap and one bruise will be a cps call waiting to happen.

I read so many posts like this and just don’t understand. I’m genuinely curious so someone please help me. With all of the current “cancel culture” how do so many moms allow so much toxicity in thier children’s lives, as well as their own? I was a young mom and my oldest is 26 but I’m only 42… Have things really changed that much that some kind of relation means we HAVE to accept and allow toxic people in our children’s lives?

Doesn’t sound like the Aunts home is a loving environment and personally I wouldn’t bring my littles around her. She sounds like a person looking for drama.

1 Like

I wouldn’t bring my child to see the aunt. She’s the type of person that will call CPS on you. You need to steer clear of her

5 Likes

Time to tell the Aunt to fuck off :roll_eyes:

I wouldn’t bring my child over to see her. she needs to mind her own business!

1 Like

Keep your baby away from her

1 Like

Send this too your Aunt. Kindly explain her actions are bizarre and never return.

1 Like

Start examining her butt and when she ask why tell her she seems a little butt hurt and that you were looking for the stick

7 Likes

Steer clear of her she’s bad news just by reading that

2 Likes

Why is this person in ur life?? She sounds miserable and crazy who the hell does that unless there is a reason that ur not saying I would keep my children away from this mentally unstable person family or not!!

Avoid her sounds toxic to me. If she questions why you haven’t seen her tell her how you feel

I’d stop taking her over there. Toxic *as people like that don’t need to be in your life.

It sounds like she’s gearing up to start a CPS case with you. Even if you do nothing wrong with your child, those cases can be extremely painful and hard to get away from. I would let her know that it’s unacceptable, and I wouldn’t bring my baby around her anymore.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t let that witch around mine

Yes that is signs of a very very toxic person

It’s your baby.The said aunt is oversmart and searching for the reason to let you down.keep distance with those type of person if not possible say directly u dont like her words.

Sounds like someone that would call DHR (called CPS other places) on someone for no reason at all and lie on a good parent. I would steer clear.

Something is very wrong with this. Perhaps she suffers an illness or childhood trauma. Either way this would be unacceptable behavior for me
It’s ok to have boundaries. Be sure to stand your ground, if it makes u uncomfortable it’s a no.

Dont let her around your kids anymore. She can be trying to get your kids taken away and placed with her. Sounds like she’s trying to get CPS involved…

2 Likes

I would legitimately never go over there again, it sounds like she’s looking for reasons to try to get your kids taken from you.

It sounds like she is trying to make a case for child protective services, I would stay away from her because honestly she sounds insane

1 Like

Definitely sounds like she’s trying to catch you doing something, I would definitely stay afar because that sounds suspicious.

Stop taking your kids there period

2 Likes

Stop letting her see the kids! I had an aunt like this, she threatened to call cps over a couple of mosquito bites. We stopped letting her see our son. She always had something negative to say

1 Like

You’re better than me. I would’ve cussed her ALL THE WAY out and my kids wouldn’t be allowed around her. Sorry, NOT sorry.

2 Likes

Why are you continuing to allow it. I would tell her to “Keep your nose on you own face hoe” lol

3 Likes

I’d stay away from her sounds like she will start something if she wants too. keep your distance :grimacing:

4 Likes

I just wouldn’t go see her. Stuff that! How dare she. If anyone did this to my baby I’d feel so judged as a parent and tell them to mind their own business! Bloody nutcase!

2 Likes

Ur aunt sounds like she has control issue

1 Like

Well now you’re kinda in a hole with it. You should’ve stopped it right away. She’s looking for anything to possibly accuse you of something and you obviously know this. Now if you decide to keep the child away this nutcase is gonna think you’re trying to hid something. Same if you tell her off. You’re better off staying clear. And on another note if she’s talking bad about the other baby mom or whatever ever, she’s talking bad about you behind your back to anyone who will listen to her. You better be careful with this one.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go back. I would stop going to see your aunts. It sounds like she’s finding a reason to call CPS on you. And get your kids taken away. I never look at my neices or nephews like that. Never. This is NOT normal. I would stop going over there.

7 Likes

Aunt needs to mind her damn business! U don’t need to go there! Your kid doesn’t need to be around that aunt. No love lost.

Sounds like she thinks you abuse and/or neglect your kids.

Not saying you do but that’s the feel I’d get about all that and let me tell you

I would not be a kind niece with that behavior.

4 Likes

I wouldnt want to be any where near that.
It honestly sounds like she expects to find something wrong. And takes pics so she can try make a claim about abuse or neglect.
I sure as hell wouldnt be the nicest niece about that

4 Likes

The fact that you have to ask if your aunts behavior is appropriate is beyond me. You need a back bone and tell her to kick rocks. If she really felt your daughter was in any kind of danger, abuse, or neglect then she would have reported it a long time ago.

5 Likes

I didn’t even have to finish this article because it is none of her effing business. Put your damn foot down! Period!
Let that shit happen to me and they’ll know really quick where the door is.

I would quit taking my kid around her. If/when she asks why- tell her you refuse to bring your child around her again until she sends you an autographed copy of her peer reviewed, best-selling parenting book. See what she says then. She is the expert, after all.

4 Likes

Don’t go to her tell her why

1 Like

Don’t let her near your daughter !

1 Like

NO it’s not “normal” for your baby’s aunt to “examine” your child.
WHY have you allowed this behavior?!
That is one sick individual you’re allowing to be around your child.
As for your child’s half sibling, if I were that child’s mother, I’d be absolutely LIVID if I knew that someone was inspecting my child AND taking pictures of my child without my permission.
You need to keep your child and your child’s half sibling far away from that weirdo.
Who knows what is going through such a devious mind?

9 Likes

I wouldn’t put up with that.

Why are you even dealing with this? Tell her to stop being a weird btc or you and your kids won’t be coming back around. It’ll turn into a CPS case over a scraped knee if you don’t stop allowing this behavior. None of that is normal. That’s not only disrespectful but weird. Put your aunt in her place!

She wouldn’t see my kids ever. Ain’t no way I’m gonna have someone imply I’m a bad parent- and that is what she’s doing. Blood or not- toxic is toxic and she needs to go.

I would stop going around her bc she sounds creepy as hell.

2 Likes

I have an aunt that behaves this way.

This is why I haven’t seen her in almost 10 years.

3 Likes

Yeah I’d keep my daughter far away from that nut. If you don’t put her in her place firm, it won’t stop , it’ll only get worse

I wouldn’t let my kids be around her if it was me. Sounds extremely weird and creepy. We had a daycare manager that did things like this and would constantly call CPS on parents for normal things. I personally would refuse to let someone like that around my kids.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s obsessive behavior, honestly. Definitely stay away, and inform the half-sibling’s mom of the way the aunt speaks about her, if she doesn’t already know. She sounds crazy, and while I know it’s an extreme, I’ve seen people like this who were actually trying to take the kids all along.

1 Like

Wow!!! My kids always get bruises on their legs from playing…good job she isn’t my aunt I’d of been reported. Kids get full of bruises growing up!! X

She could have been abused and is just trying to keep an eye out so other kids don’t go through what she did. Not saying I agree with what she’s doing but just giving you a different perspective :woman_shrugging:t3:

Thats child abuse on its own! Very strange that u let this happen :grimacing: and u continue to return to this behaviour! Their is def a bigger picture here

3 Likes

Tell her to mind her own buisness

I would consider cutting her out of you and your child’s life or at the very least set strict boundaries and document in detail anytime she does this. It seems as if she’s trying to build a case of abuse against you.

3 Likes

Your aunt is TOXIC! GET AWAY!

1 Like

I would warn that Aunt that If She does not stop her outraged behaviour that She will never ever see my kid & me again.

2 Likes

Auntie need to mind her business and quit being messy

1 Like

Omg, the aunt needs to get a life

2 Likes

That’s just a way to control what you are doing with your own child. Stop that now before it gets worse

2 Likes

I feel like she may try to kid your kids taken away

1 Like

And that’s why I don’t kike taking my babies with their dad at his side of the family because either his mom or one of the sisters or even him start questioning me

Easiest way to stop that is tell her to f off, probably won’t happen again after that :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Ummm no not normal at all. I don’t know anyone who does that.

You shouldn’t let her near any of the kids ever. She’s taking picks for evidence. Likely so she can inform cps. Don’t allow visits any more

6 Likes

I would have put a stop to that immediately.

4 Likes

You are your child’s advocate. If you don’t want her doing it then tell her!

2 Likes

Wtaf?
I would have confronted her the very first time she tried that

2 Likes

I dont know why this is even a question?! Seriously if someone even thought about looking over my kid I’d slap the hell out of them and say are you a perfect mother. Absolutely not mind your damn business! I’d also not be going back around that crazy!

Uhm stay away from her?? She’s going to try and get your kids taken for any little thing
Tell her to worry about herself

3 Likes

Absolutely shocking, you don’t want to be around such negativity. She’s a trouble maker!!!

2 Likes

i would tell her where to go your the mum

I would tell her it is not acceptable to examine your children. I would also be very concerned about her photography of your child. I am guessing parts of these photos are undressed. I would just tell her that you are not comfortable with her closely examing your child naked. If she has concerns, provide her the direction to call social services, but otherwise back off. I would cut all ties.

This is so odd to me and I would not be visiting anymore

I. Would distance myself and my children from her to me it sounds like she’s trying to get enough to take your child and she should never speak on the other baby’s mom not in front of the baby or behind anyone’s back. She sounds super messy and really needs to clean her act up

1 Like

This is NOT normal and needs to be stopped immediately. Have you asked her why she does this? Does she think you’re not capable of taking care of your children? Personally, I would find this extremely insulting to you. And to do it right in front of you and not even try to hide it? That’s audacity…Hell no. She either stops, or she won’t be seeing them any longer. I dont know why she would even think that is OK to do. Stand your ground with her and tell her the next time she inspects your child and/or takes pictures of anything on her undressed, you will turn her in to the police for having them on her phone without permission. And! I would tell her now would be a GREAT TIME to delete any pictures on her phone of your kids undressed and to do so immediately while you’re standing over her. She will get the picture then, real quick.

She sounds super shady. If she’s documenting it, as a parent, I’d be terrified of her trying to build a case to have my kids taken away. Be adamant that she deletes all photos of your children off her phone. And stand up for your kiddos. They deserve to be left alone and not manhandled and undressed every time they go over there. Whenever you’re there, stick closely to your kiddos, so she doesn’t have the chance to try it if you’re out of the room. I wouldn’t trust her as far as I could throw her.

1 Like

I would firstly tell her to stop examining your child,ask her why she feels the need to do this and if she doesn’t stop…cut her off completely. Xbe open and honest

4 Likes

This is the type of woman who is looking for something to hotline you over. Get away from her!

No that’s is NOT normal at all. Stay away from her!

1 Like

She is definitely overstepping boundaries. You need to put a stop
to this.

1 Like

Definitely overstepping. Speak up. This is your child. Not hers. Disgusting behavior!

No. Not normal. She wouldn’t be around my kid anymore.

1 Like

This is not normal. I would forward her this thread to read. Be blatant with her. She’s way overstepping and if I was you I’d be highly offended

2 Likes

If that was me I would ask her what is the reason for the checking is she doubting me and father of baby parenting. Also tell her how you feel you are the mother and gave every right to say please. Dnt touch my child who r u to examine my baby. If it ws me I would. And if baby father does not like it stay home snt go or ur babybhave him go alone stand up for urself u live ur child and only u and father knows best other family members need to leave u guys to raise ur child. Just my thoughts

1 Like

Stop hanging out with her… taking pictures of someone else’s kids??? What does she think she’ll do with the pictures?? Show CPS? I’d never allow such a person to be around me or my kids. Family or not.

3 Likes

Just ask her who she thinks she is and tell her to stop.

1 Like

Be careful cause she gonna try n get kids taken away from yall!

2 Likes

Ask her if she wants to find out what a real bruise looks like and then sock her in the eye :rofl:

11 Likes

This is NOT normal at all. There are so many red flags that I want to point out about this, but I don’t want to be typing forever. Do not hang out with her and have her delete the photos that she’s taken of your children immediately.

2 Likes

She’s bad juju. She sounds like the kind of lady who will call cps. I kindly ask her to mind her own business it’s your child

1 Like

Not normal at all. Very strange

2 Likes

She’s toxic,tell her to back off for your child sake. That’s not normal!!

1 Like

I think she’s a whacko
Keep the kids away from
Her

2 Likes