My baby has two possible fathers: How do I tell them?

Just get it all out in the open. Tell them both. It’s never good to hide stuff. No one’s perfect. It may be hard to do, but once you do it you’ll feel so much better and will be able to focus on the pregnancy, instead of the situation at hand. It’ll be better for the baby.

Tell both! Bc at the end of the day, YOUR CHILD deserves to know!

5 Likes

Tell them both. You all can do a paternity test… They can swab or blood the dads… Then when baby is born test asap and then send it off. And results in like a week. Id be honest so they both can have choice to be there when born

2 Likes

It’s always better to be upfront and honest from the beginning.

1 Like

OMG! What is this world coming to? What ever happened to dating one person at a time for a while before just jumping in the sack with them much less multiple partners all at or around the same time! That goes for fellas too. You might want to ask them after you let them all know, cuz curious minds wants know…what order did they fall into. Hope everyone’s been tested???

13 Likes

I wouldn’t tell anybody until you know the pregnancy has made it past the miscarriage phase. Then tell both they will need to be tested to find the right dad.

4 Likes

Tell them, the same exact way you just told us.

Matter of fact. It is what it is. Nothing can be done until the baby is born anyways.

*However, if you feel that either of them may dip out before the baby is born … go purchase TWO (2) Test Kits NOW!

Go visit or invite them over … and on the DL, take those swabs (most likely totally illegal) and get that DNA :dna:

Or … brush their hair. :wink:

Completely legal.

“Then” tell them, and ask for a DNA at the time of Birth.

Be honest and tell them both. Once baby is born, have a DNA done. Give them a choice, dont make the choice for them. Its always best to be honest.

20 Likes

Tell them both just be honest. They will more likely be okay with it

Tell them both. But make sure they know that the baby could also be someone else.

1 Like

I put them in a group chat and say “ congrats one of y’all is a daddy and see who steps up, I was in this situation 2 years ago, told the one I though was dad and then after my daughter was born he went behind my back ( we didn’t want to) and did a dna test, he wasn’t the dad and I told the other guy and first thing he said was “ I’m signing my rights away” so tell them both or it could end up so bad in the future, my daughter is now 2 and the man I married isn’t her bio dad but loves her like he is

2 Likes

Honesty is the best policy. Tell them both.

Just wait after miscarriage after 20 weeks

1 Like

Definitely be upfront and honest. That’s the best way to go. You’d definitely want the daddy around especially if he’s down for it. But if you wait till later in your pregnancy, or after the baby is born, to tell them that one of them is the father, then it could put them into “shock” or really surprised and it may turn ugly. So being upfront is the best way to go. It’ll be scary at first, but once you get it over with, you’ll feel alot better :two_hearts:

First thing I would do is air my dirty laundry on Facebook

3 Likes

I had the same problem and I told both and was honest

2 Likes

Be upfront. Might not be easy but most of life isn’t.

I’d wait honestly but do what feels right.

Start counting dates

Well I mean they will notice soon so it’s best to tell them both straight away it also gives them the opportunity to figure out if they want to be in the child’s life before the DNA test or wait till the DNA test to avoid getting invested in a child that’s not theirs, when you get the scans especially dating scans you get a rough idea of when bubs was conceived which may help determine who the father is. Wishing you the best :star:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-baby-has-two-possible-fathers-how-do-i-tell-them/9952

Tell them both I had three possible for my son I told all of them the truth and we would have done a DNA test when he was born but there was no need since he came out looking like his daddy plus 2 we’re white 1 was white/black and my son came out light brown

6 Likes

I just lived this. I was the baby in question. 45 years later the truth came out. TELL THEM BOTH. GET PATERNITY TESTING. Most importantly put that child’s father on the birth certificate! No one benefits from guessing.

16 Likes

Let them both know the possibility and that they can get DNA testing done after baby is born. I went through the same thing,no judging just do what is right for you and your baby :heart:

1 Like

I went through a similar situation of being with a guy for awhile and then we broke up. One week later I hooked up with a guy. I got pregnant but I was honest with them both. The date the doctor gave me was accurate with the one night stand but I thought there’s no way and that my ex had to have been the baby’s dad since we did it 3x a day no pulling out and the other guy was literally one night stand.

Be prepared for neither one of them wanting to be involved and because of that they might take awhile to be involved once whoever knows they are a dad. You’ll go nine months pregnant preparing to be a mother but none of those two will know if they are a dad or not and won’t be preparing for it… they’ll be waiting on a answer and most likely in and out emotionally.

Try your best to remain independent and keep to yourself to prevent added stress that might strain the relationships you have with them because once you know you want to have known you maintained the situation and they’ll feel more comfortable to come around quicker if you have kept the peace and not make them miserable in the process.

At the end of the day I knew I laid in the bed so I made it. I did not follow any of this advice I just gave you and it caused me to have my baby daddy not be around for 11 months of my sons life because how I acted when I was pregnant. I had hated what I caused to myself and my child. I missed out on sweet moments that are meant to be shared with someone that should be there and love you during the hardest part of your life. And not only that I had to be knocked out during my c section and I missed the moment my boy was born. But after all of it was over with I never cared who the dad was. I just knew I would be a mom regardless of who was in his life or not.

Best of luck mama. Hope this helps

17 Likes

1 off and on
1 fwb
:woman_shrugging:t2: tell em both…not like either one will be offended. (Hopefully)

2 Likes

Be honest with both… the truth always comes out

4 Likes

Calculate ur conception date and tell which ever guy it lines up with if its smack in the middle or both then tell both

2 Likes

Wait 9 months and see who it looks like, if you can’t tell go on Maury😀.

JK, let them both know.

17 Likes

The issue here is who is going to support this child? Legally the biological father takes on that responsibility until that child reaches either 18 or in the case of disability, longer, unless the other chooses to take on that role. Either way - both should be told, now. It takes two to make a baby and two to raise it. Possibly you are unwilling to do this because you were unfaithful to both? Its not only the birth control that failed - so did self-control.

1 Like

Tell them both be honest about everything

Just be honest, with them both.

I think you should tell them both.

Hmmm. That’s not the question I have here. :confused:

Tell the truth! Don’t wait

What kind of water do you drink?

I had to pay 30k to try to have one :sob:

4 Likes

hope u stop doing that

2 Likes

Cross your damn legs for a while you idiot !!!

I would shut my legs​:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:
Just saying.

13 Likes

Tell both the truth give them the chance to b involved during pregnancy do a DNA when child is born

1 Like

Your baby doesn’t have 2 possible fathers. Your nanybhas one father only, you just dont know who it it

2 Likes

Just tell then you were hoeing and you gonna need their DNA so you know which one you stuck with for the next 18 years :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

11 Likes

So do either of them know that u were sleeping w someone else too? I’d start there if so. If not, go to who you think the babys dad is more than likely. I think you can get a DNA test now while baby is still in utero. My daughter looked just like my ex husband on the 3D ultrasound. MAYBE your baby will look just like his or her daddy. I mean identical!!! Good luck girl.

1 Like

I would peep them both out, and pick the best one. :woozy_face:

6 Likes

OMGOSH are you kidding me? Sex is no longer about love, intimacy, growing your family, being in a committed relationship, etc. It’s become an act of scratching an itch. A different guy every week or month. In the future, how will you explain this to your child? I do not personally believe in abortion. Come on, this is 2021, there are many types of birth control, and in most states the morning after pill is very low cost. That is compared to the cost of getting rid of STDs.
Your mother should glue your azz to a chair and force you to binge watch Maury for at least 48 hours.

11 Likes

Tell them both and get a DNA test when the baby is born. It would suck if they missed out on the pregnancy and birth because you werent sure who the father is.

3 Likes

I would tell them both. Let them both be prepared and once the babes is born get there DNA done. Shit happens. People make mistakes. Just own up to it and be the bigger person in this situation. It will be hard but in the end it will all work out.

Yes tell them both. They both deserve to know that they potentially have a child on the way. When the child is born get a dna test and go from there. But they deserve to know and they deserve to know now not when the baby is born.

6 Likes

Honestly , your body your choice . Tell the one who you feel will be the better father , and take this secret to your grave girl . Do whats best for your baby and you .

7 Likes

Be honest from the start. Explain that you don’t want either of them to play a part until DNA is done.

3 Likes

Helen Seleim And I hope you do shut them. No one needs you to reproduce with that attitude🤢

1 Like

Tell them both and give them both an option. If they can be civil they both can go to appointments and such or they can take turns. One goes one day and the other goes to the next. Which ever one has been there the most could be the one you have in the delivery room with you cause that just goes to show he will be more involved even if its not his. Then when the baby is born do a DNA test. Communication is key. Remind them that as well. But most likely it is not the FWB. But ive been wrong before so.

1 Like

If you are sleeping with more than 1 guy they should be using protection to prevent STDs.

1 Like

Stop sleeping with every Tom Dick or Harry

6 Likes

Maybe you should invite them both of for a very stiff drink and let it go from there :wink:

3 Likes

Yikes… you got yourself in a pickle.

I’m not going to tell you that you shouldn’t be having sex with two different guys Bc there is no point, whats done is done and guys do it all the time (no double standards here). Although it wouldn’t be what I choose to do personally, I say you go girl! But now you have a problem. You made big girl decisions and now you have to follow through with big girl responsibilities. And that starts by having a talk with each of them… the sooner the better. Both have a right to know and the right to make their own decisions about how they would like to proceed.
Best of luck… I don’t envy you.

12 Likes

Tell both. They knew it was possible to get pregnant if they had sex 🤷

1 Like

I feel it’s only right to tell them both

Some of you women are PATHETIC. its nobody’s business how many people this woman slept with ARE YOU HER MAMA? She asked for advice not for people to “assume” she’s having an abortion or “assume” she’s sleeping with a bunch of men. Fuck y’all thats why i can’t be friends with females cause I would have done beat some of y’all ass. Y’all will hide behind that screen and criticize but wouldn’t do that type of shit to someone’s face. I said what I said fuck it 🤷🏻‍♀🤷🏻‍♀

Ask yourself this would I rather tell both of them now and sort it out and figure it out now or have to explain this to your child later down the road? I would tell them both and do DNA as soon as possible.

She didn’t ask for judgment tho

9 Likes

I had this something happened to me to me when I was with a guy and then we broke up snd got this other guy right Away I got pregnant :pregnant_woman: I wasn’t sure who the father could be, so o told them that I was t sure who the father was the first guy took the dna test he wasn’t the father then the guy I was at the time took dna test snd he was the dad. Good luck jus bs honest with them

1 Like

Yes you need to tell them both

Do what you do but birth control doesn’t stop STDs. If you are sleeping with multiple people you should invest in condoms as well.

1 Like

Be 100% truthful with the doctor and they will most likely be able to tell you when you conceived. On the safe side, I’d still tell both guys. And they have home dna test.

For all you ladies telling her “shouldn’t sleep around blah blah blah” well yeah, that’s ideal but too late now and don’t think any of your unnecessary comments are good for the baby so stfu.

13 Likes

You are in an unfortunate predicament. But, you should be honest. Keep your integrity. If you try to hide it, the truth will come out and if you puck who you think is the father and the child looks nothing like him, or anyone in his family, you will have ruined many relationships, including the your child. And, you will be called and labelled all sorts of derogatory things. You don’t need that along with everything else. It will be difficult, and maybe embarrassing, but in the long run, you will feel better. You will have kept true and not continuously worrying that your secret will be found out. Have a dna test after the baby is born. Sending you love and strength. Good luck with whatever you decide. (((HUGS))).

Not people shaming when this mother simply asked for advise? I only commented because I wanted to say I hope you have a blessed pregnancy.
And to the little miss perfects. Her sleeping with who she wants is far less tragic than you guys being judgmental cunts.
Fight the fucking patriarchy ladies! :fist:t3:

Oof, this is quite a conundrum.

You need to tell both. Big girl choices means big girls situations with big girl decisions/consequences.

You need to explain to both that there is someone else that could potentially be the father. If you let both get involved you need to be prepared for the pain one is going to feel when he finds out he isn’t the father. You also need to be prepared for the possibility that neither will care or want this child.
Offer to them the choice of doing DNA when the baby is born, but don’t force them.

To be honest, to save someone being hurt, I would do the pregnancy and birth alone. I wouldn’t let them come to appointments or the birth - just because I wouldn’t want to hurt someone. Don’t let them both get invested. Then when the baby is born do dna immediately, or if the men want to, so the father can bond with his baby.

4 Likes

Love all these judgy women in here. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This happened to me somewhat, just tell both men and get a paternity test done after birth.

2 Likes

Lord have mercy. Its not like she was married. She didn’t have an affair. She didn’t cheat. She was literally being her own person and to all you “women” on here bashing her. Lmfao. Quit acting like you’re some innocent angels. Its few and far between that we only have one sexual partner in our lifetime these days. Grow up. Accept the fact we live in the real world not a fairy tale and quit making her feel bad.

To the soon to be momma, I personally would wait until you get a conception date from the doctor. I wouldn’t want to possibly get the hopes up of two different men in the aspect of becoming a father. With the DOC you can have a more accurate time frame of when you conceived little babe. Id also get a DNA test done ASAP just to be on the safest side of this. And as always good luck momma!

23 Likes

I would more worried about std since no condoms were evidently worn then there wouldn’t have been this situation

2 Likes

Why mess up your child just because you messed up? I am a grown woman now but was put thru that he’ll as a child. To this day I don’t know my dad or what part he could have played in my life.

2 Likes

The guy u have been with off and on for a while, is he believing that you and he were a couple? Cause that could be bad. But yes it will make u look bad because 1 of them wasnt enough but if it’s just 2 non committed relationships then absolutely tell them both it may ruin both of your relationships but you may actually get a family situation out of either one if that’s what your looking for. Either way u need to tell them because it’s not about you it’s about your baby having a father. Good luck

Personally I’d get an abortion and have a baby when I’m in a stable relationship.

5 Likes

umm gee not to be an asshole BUT wtf are you cheating for? You deserve whatever kind of shit BOTH those innocent men hand you! Shame on you! Had you kept your legs shut for the ‘other guy’ gee you wouldnt have this problem now would you! not one bit of sympathy for you and ALL sympathy for that poor innocent unborn baby! Grow up! AND YES TELL BOTH!!

Stop sleeping around problem solved. Tell them both and I pray you get kicked to the curb

7 Likes

Not today Satan. SMH

Tell both. Be honest the whole time. It happens BC fails and they did wear protection either. Do a DNA test when the baby is born. Good luck!

3 Likes

Man a lot of people on here are just jerks. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I would try to line up dates of sex vs when you ovulated as best as possible. Then once baby is born paternity test the one closest to date of ovulation that you had sex with.

2 Likes

Be honest and tell them both. Once baby is born get a paternity test and see which is the father and go from there

1 Like

Just what is FWB?? I wouldn’t say anything. Until you deliver, then have everyone do a DNA test

Found out the conception date dear and that should give you a better clue as to whose it is. If you’re not 100% sure after that sit them both down for an adult talk and get DNA test. Best wishes dear :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I would tell both up front and be honest. If you weren’t in a relationship or hiding them from each other and just living life then it shouldn’t be a huge problem. Let them decide if they want to stick around and find out for sure when the baby is born. Of course you risk them both walking away but after that baby is born you can determine paternity and do what you have too. There’s nothing like making a man believe he’s the father when he’s not only for him and the child to find out down the road and be hurt and angry then. Honesty is the best policy.

Ugh sadly been there. Dumb on my part. Woman up! I told both because they should/ deserve to know. It ruined my relationship.

2 Likes

Good luck with your baby​:cherry_blossom::hibiscus::sunflower:

If you haven’t gotten pregnant from the guy you been messin with awhile it’s safe to assume it’s the new guy

4 Likes

Honesty is the best policy tell them both it will make you feel better knowing you told them both

1 Like

Just tell the TRUTH and get a DNA test on at least one of them. 🤦🤦 So you can rule one out as long as it’s between just the two you only need one to consent to a paternity test.

Was in the same position with my oldest. I told both of them that I wasn’t sure which was the father but they never knew who each other was I only told them that someone else could possibly be. Don’t accept any support from either one until you’re sure. But telling them both is the right thing to do. To the women on here who are being bitches you should be ashamed of yourselves. :roll_eyes:

Legally, you are responsible to tell BOTH men and have them DNA tested when the baby is born.

I’d do the responsible thing . You know what to do.

Tell both do dna test to find out for sure

Tell the truth and get a DNA test.

You have to tell both. It’s the right thing to do.

Tell them both and fully explain the situation and let them know you can get a DNA test after the birth. Its not that big of a deal. You’ll be just fine and so will they I’m sure. And dont worry about the ppl being jerks on here.

I was in a similar situation. I told all that were involved as soon as I found out I was pregnant. That way, they could come to terms with the possibility.

You can get a prenatal DNA test done, it is costly but maybe worth it so you have the answers you need before the baby is born.

You need to talk to both of them about the situation and when baby is born, do a DNA test. It’ll only take one to rule out one or the other. I’d also be prepared for them to assume that there could be another person involved besides the 2 of them.

1 Like