My baby has two possible fathers: How do I tell them?

Do I tell my fwb he could be the father of this child?? I have been sleeping with a guy for a couple of weeks, been with another guy off and on for a while. I guess my birth control failed, and now I’m pregnant. Do I tell them both? Wait till it’s born? Just tell one? I don’t know what to do at this point.

79 Likes

If it were me I would tell them both, making it clear you do not know which is the father. Both deserve the opportunity to prepare for the possibility of fatherhood.

I would tell them both. If they want a DNA then wait until baby is born and arrange it with them. Its better to be up front now about it then keep it secret. It can cause problems in the long run.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-baby-has-two-possible-fathers-how-do-i-tell-them/9952

Be up front and honest. You need a DNA test.

8 Likes

Tell them and be honest.

4 Likes

They both deserve to know especially if you don’t know which one could be the father. But if you’re going to wait at all I’d at least wait until the danger months are up :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Tell them both. It’d be best to just tell the truth.

2 Likes

My first question would be “do they know about each other?” If so, that would be a lot easier. One way or another, I would just be open and honest with both. Especially if you’re just sleeping with them and not actually in a relationship with either.

7 Likes

It’s really all in what you think your future looks like. Does it contain either one of them?

Tell both ASAP, and the dna test will prove which one is the father !

5 Likes

If your not honest about it, it WILL catch up to you.

17 Likes

If you were only sleeping with a guy for a couple of weeks, I would suspect he would be the Father. I would tell them both, and get DNA tests as soon as the baby is born.

Pick your favourite one and tell him

45 Likes

The same way you let us know

2 Likes

Be honest so you don’t have to worry about it. They deserve to know the truth.

1 Like

Hopefully you can figure out with conception date but that’s not fulproof

1 Like

My advice would be to be honest and tell them both and go from there.

2 Likes

Tell them both… and then get a dna test. This way you are honest and open from the jump

6 Likes

One of many reasons why DNA test should be compulsory at birth.

9 Likes

Tell BOTH men that you are pregnant and let them know that it’s a POSSIBILITY that one of them could be the father. Then do the DNA test when the baby is born.

2 Likes

Honesty tell them the truth you will feel better when you do. I have numerous father figures. So the child or children should have positive Male role models to look up

If you have made the choice to keep the baby Can u try and work out who the father is by how far along you are if u can’t and have a good relationship with the two man ( as In able to sit and talk to them ) You need to have an honest chat with both and say your pregnant and will need a DNA test once bubs is born and go from there
I hope all works out for you in the end

Tell them both. There’s a dna test you can do now at like 8 weeks pregnant and it’s just a blood sample from you and the fathers. It’s about 2k but i believe they do payment plans

Be honest with both of them

1 Like

Honesty is always the best policy…just be open with them it will all work out in the end best of luck

1 Like

Be honest and tell both

You guess your birth control failed. Lol. Honey it did. And better tell them both.

1 Like

Ummm yes tell both and then as soon as baby is born do a dna test i honestly wouldnt do the dna test they offer before birth

Tell them they deserve to know.

1 Like

You tell them both. You wouldn’t want to find out after the baby is born, it’s not fair to do to them.

2 Likes

Honesty is always the best answer. Be upfront. Wait till your out of the danger zone though. They literally sell DNA test on Amazon.

1 Like

I would tell them both but also try and find out the day you conceived. It would be around 2-3 weeks after your last period. I would let whichever one that fits the time frame know it’s a better chance that it’s his

No birth control is 100% effective

I would be honest with them both and let them know the situation. They both have a right to know

4 Likes

Unless you were exclusively with one person the. Youve done nothing wrong. Tell them both that your BC failed you are now pregnant, what you intend to do with the pregnancy and that as soon as you can you will do a DNA test.

4 Likes

You’re an adult. Tell them both. Just be honest.

5 Likes

In my opinion you should not keep secrets tell the truth up front because it could backfire on you so I would tell him both

Find out how many weeks you are first. And talk with an OB. Might be a better option.

3 Likes

Yes tell them both. Do not do 5he DNA test until baby is born. The other DNA tests are not safe (as I’ve been told) its alright things happen. Birth control fails. It’s not 100% effective.

Tell both but this will be hard since you don’t know who to have with you cause if one gets attached and it’s not his see if you can do amniocentesis DNA :dna:

I would tell them both

1 Like

Tell them both, when baby’s born do DNA. Who’s the daddy reveal. The next big thing

2 Likes

Go to the doctor and get a blood test. The hormone levels will tell you more accurately how far along you are and then you may know better which one. If not then yes, best to just tell them and get it over with.

2 Likes

Tell them both. Be honest that you aren’t sure who the father is. Tell them you’ll get a paternity test done once the baby is here. It’s gonna suck but in the long run being honest is what is best for everyone.

I’m impressed no one is judging and being an asshole to her. You go mommas

Lol it was time to go home

If you’re keeping it better tell both. If not take care of it. And use condoms.

1 Like

Your pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period. If you have slept with both of them since your last period you won’t know either way. If you have had a full proper period in between it’s the one you have been with.

I was thinking about staying like this with men
But the alternative is to have hoes in different area codes .
I may consider rhat
(And I’m joking I don’t think it’s bad my daughter savannah was 2 guys had fwb completely separate but during a hard time I went abd got drunk with my hoes a month apart. SO IM DEFINITELY not judging
I’ve been being silly all day

Both and do DNA as soon as your cam the father deserves a right to know their child

If you have been with both tell both and be honest with both about the situation. Get a DNA test when baby is born

1 Like

some will disagree but I would tell the fwb it could be his. He knows you are with other guys already you can get an amniocentesis and get the dna from there as well if the child has problems

2 Likes

Tell them both that way they can choose to be involved until the DNA test is done

1 Like

What happened with my daughter
When I text my friend (I was drinking he was getting high( I said u did use that condom right as I was looking at a positive preg test

He replied "no but that’s OK It all went on the bed anyway "
I could throat punched him thru the phone

So I didn’t even think about the possibility that was the month before- pull out situation
(I was going through hell and when able to I ran and did what I couldto not think not deal )… judge me I don’t care)
so I never considered the possibility of it notbeinghis. I was so pissed that he had d ’ decided not to use a condom bc I was drunk he wasn’t. So when DNA test came it wasn’t his I was like look I’m sorry but this is your fault)

But if not that

I’d have told both

You need to be honest bc if not it will backfire

Of course you tell them… why would you not? They have a right to know and so does your child.

1 Like

I was in a similar situation, and told both. I also “knew” already, but doubted myself. A 3D ultrasound around 32 weeks made it apparent who the actual father was, and then DNA testing once baby was here.

Tell them both and then get a DNA test done as soon as the baby is born.

Do not force the fathers to stay or buy anything. Until they know for sure the baby is theirs they can do whatever they want. When you do a DNA test and know who the father is get Child Support.

You are not the baby daddy

2 Likes

I guess I’m confused, you’ve been seeing one guy for awhile and only seeing the other guy for 2 weeks? If so it’s the first guy’s baby. It takes about 21 days from the date you get pregnant for the test to show positive. Good luck

3 Likes

Watching judge lake I’d say best & easiest thing to do is come 100% clean to both. Tell them you don’t know. It’s not like you were in a relationship with one & were cheating, at least. Unless they look completely different then wait & see JK!!! I’M TOTALLY JK

2 Likes

Don’t do anything til you get your own life figured out.

5 Likes

I’d definitely tell them both so they’re not blindsided when the baby arrives and you ask them for DNA tests

3 Likes

Tell them both and then test when the baby is born.

2 Likes

If you’ve only been seeing FWB guy for 2 weeks it’s the other guys baby who you’ve been with a while. After sex and that’s if you conceived during ovulation it takes about 2 weeks for a positive test.
Either way tell them both

2 Likes

If it were me I’d tell them both. It’s better to be honest. If you’re not then they’ll think you’re lying or trying to be shady. Being honest is always the best.

2 Likes

Okay… Here’s a shady bitch idea. I don’t like being a shady bitch… But I’m quite good at it.

Anyway… Call things off with the first guy. Tell him you had been seeing someone and you just learned some things and you need some time to figure things out. If y’all have a connection, hell still be around in a month when you call him and ask him to meet you for lunch or something at a neutral place.

Meet him… And fudge the timeline to to your benefit. Explain about your friends with benefits situation… But then things were “getting heavy”… And you met him and things just felt good… So you needed figure some shit out. And then the (shocker) “oh no… I was late for my period” speech.

Then… You tell him that you just thought he should know and if he’d be willing to take a paternity test. Men are going to want to know if it’s their baby… So he’ll say yes. And so will FWB dude. And yes… It’s shady as fuck… But you know what it does? It allows you to live openly and honestly and enjoy your pregnancy… Because that’s a powerfully emotional time in your life. You might be moving the timeline a little… But at least the truth will be kinda out there (as long as there isn’t a third) and you can maybe at least salvage a friendship you might need if you’re going to coparent with this person. Good luck. Make better choices.

What you do is act like a grown ass woman and tell both of them before the baby is born then when you offer them a dna test

Tell them both. Get a DNA test.

Tell them both, get ready to be called names of all kinds and keep you’re damn legs closed

Flo tracker app if u know your cycle it will tell you day/week of implantation.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-baby-has-two-possible-fathers-how-do-i-tell-them/9952

Tell em both dude. They’ll want a paternity test which is to be expected and than they’ll either stay around or leave you both.

1 Like

Be open and honest with both of them and do a paternity test after the baby is born. Good luck!

6 Likes

Honesty always, and you can make clear you don’t care who it is or if they plan on being around but they have a right to know, and your child most of all deserves to know the truth when the time comes no matter if he is a part of his life or not, lies will only hurt you and your child’s relationship and that’s who matters most in ur kids situation

2 Likes

You can get a dna test while you’re pregnant and it’s non invasive ( meaning it won’t harm the baby ) . I’d tell both now .

1 Like

You say the following I slept with you and other guy around the same time and I don’t know who is the father so we need a DNA test done to be 100% sure. I can find out as early as 10 weeks into pregnancy by getting my blood drawn at a place that does DNA testing so we can find out who the baby’s father is before birth. I am sorry I put you through this.

13 Likes

I had a horrible experience, but you do need to tell them both. As soon as I found out how far along I was, I knew who the father was bc there was a couple months in between them.

Honesty always tell them both

I had this same problem and I honestly told them both one wanted him the other didnt but in the end the dad still stepped up after the paternity test I wish you luck girl just be honest

You need to tell both of them the truth. That they both are possibly the father. That way nobody gets their hopes up thinking they will be a daddy when it could be the other way around. I would still get DNA after baby is born to be 100%. But do not keep this baby a secret. Both men deserve to know.

1 Like

Tell them both
Honesty is the best policy

You have to tell them both, you can’t be dishonest and have any expectation of a decent relationship with either one unless your honest

2 Likes

Regardless, this is no longer about your wants, You just need to be honest with them both. Then once the child is born, have a DNA test done. (You could also have it done during pregnancy if you dont want to wait though).

3 Likes

Tell both of them. Honest is your best policy. And that you are :100:% willing to do a DNA. Weather are not they stick around. Wish you the best

3 Likes

Honesty is always the right way

1 Like

I’m in this exact situation but one potential father is my ex and a one night stand. Telling them both was one of the most stressful experiences of my entire life but keeping it from them was going to tear me apart from the inside. It wouldn’t have been healthy.
Be honest with them, there is only going to he 2 possible outcomes. They may want it or they may not. You owe it to yourself and the child :relaxed:

2 Likes
  1. stop being like that
  2. tell them both of the possibility
  3. DNA test
2 Likes

I had a similar situation and honesty is key . Tell them both . Relax . Wait till the baby is born and take a DNA test .

If you decide to tell them, just let them know you were on birth control so they know you were on something to prevent something like this, and tell them obviously it has failed. Tell them one at a time that it’s possible they could be the father? See their reaction and talk about it if they are willing to. And then go from there?

1 Like

I’d tell them both asap. You don’t want to keep it from one and they turn out to be the dad. Good luck.

I would tell them both. I had a bf that went to jail and 3 weeks later i had a one time thing. I ended up pregnant but when i got an ultrasound i knew my bf was the dad. No matter what it is just better to be honest. Its about ur baby now and it deserves to know.

Where dose this shit come from fml lmao

They both need to know since it,could be either of them…

Tell them both about the pregnancy and the other guy/potential other father.

4 Likes

Is Jerry springer still on air? That’s definitely what I would do. Honesty 100% every time

4 Likes

Don’t wait like I did. I had this same thing happen. The one stuck with me signed birth certificate now we’re in a bad custody battle and the dna was negative and she’s not his and her bio dad can’t even see her now . I regret it and wish I would’ve told them both from the beginning

5 Likes

I told both my fwb and my guy I was with and it turned into a mess for awhile but it all balanced out. Just be honest. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad. Things happen and they don’t know your life or situation

God help you to make the best decision for you and your baby.Talk to someone you trust

1 Like