My best friend cut me off for no reason: Advice?

My best friend has all of the sudden told me she no longer wants to be friends anymore…we have been friends for 10 years and I feel like this is coming out of no where…she didnt even give me any sort of reason why she is being like this…just compltetly cut me off and idk what to do or think…we were together literally every single day at my house…and now nothing

175 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My best friend cut me off for no reason: Advice?

You never know what people are going through. Don’t shut that door. I’ve come in and out of peoples lives at times. Friends that have come in and out of mine too. Let her know you love her and that it will never change.

3 Likes

Do you have a boyfriend??

18 Likes

What happened these past few weeks that you didn’t notice??

6 Likes

What did you do? Were yall arguing. ?

I had one of those too. I’m so sorry. It feels like a literal death.

6 Likes

Hold the door open for her

Sounds to me she’s with your ex possibly??. That’s the only reason I could think of

3 Likes

Just say sis whoever it is IDC and see what she do

1 Like

Speaking as someone that did this, there was a reason. There’s always a reason. People don’t just cut off people for no reason. I had been friends with her for 20 years… and she repeatedly kept violating my boundaries and finally one day I told her, “ if this gets said again I will have to end this relationship”

And she did. And I did. There was something, even if you didn’t notice or maybe forgot. We humans are relationship people. We seek that, and need it. If she cut off one after that long it was significant enough to end.

18 Likes

Does she have a boyfriend? New boyfriend? New friend she’s hanging out with?

If true friend she’ll be back maybe just going through something or just feels like she needs space. Give her time and don’t count her out.Jmo.

2 Likes

It’s not a nice feeling but happens
But there’s always a reason

3 Likes

She’s depressed. Doesn’t want you to see or know it so she’s stayin alone. She’s in pain

2 Likes

If you have a boyfriend she wants him,ijs :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Maybe she’s mentioned things in the past, but you didn’t realize how important they were at the time, and now she’s just had her final straw? You’d think she’d at least tell you why.

2 Likes

Sometimes people remove others from there life due to their own issues.

Either way, mourn your friendship ending, celebrate the good times, and move on!

6 Likes

There is most definitely a reason but maybe she doesn’t feel comfortable sharing it.

There is more to it and this could be her way of “trying” not to hurt you.

4 Likes

I have had to shut people out before but in time I have realized I was wrong and apologized for my actions and they have forgiven me.
Just keep her in ur thoughts and prayers and give it time :heart: Best wishes

1 Like

Girl 1 Day my Best Friend just stopped talking to me & blocked me on everything I literally have no idea why or for what…

1 Like

Been there. It sucks

1 Like

That sounds like a fake friend to me. She no longer “needs” you

1 Like

Just ask her tell her be honest!

Maybe she did you wrong and her conscience she can’t handle ?

4 Likes

Is there a man involved ?

9 Likes

It’s happened to me. Blind-sides you, for sure.

The best thing, go on with your life.

No RESPECT from her says volumes about how much she had vested in this friendship. Cut your losses.

You deserve better than that!!

Be at peace.

3 Likes

Do you have a boyfriend at all? I had a friend of almost a decade just stop talking to me suddenly cause she slept with my boyfriend at the time and didn’t have the guts to own up to it

6 Likes

She moved on… maybe you held her back… idk… but move on

I did that to my “best friend”. But she deserved it.

Forget about it! One day…

Then she was never your friend

2 Likes

Does she have a new boyfriend or girlfriend maybe they’re being controlling

3 Likes

Does she have a new man has anything changed recently message her from a new number tell her she owes you an explanation. I mean that long she is practically family.

Just move on honey…sometimes youl never know why…

2 Likes

Do y’all have a mutual friend that could be jealous of how close you and friend is, and want to destroy that. Somebody could be playing both of you check your friends

1 Like

Do u have a boyfriend or husband? That could be the reason… unfortunately

1 Like

I had a best friend of 20 years…she stopped out of no where and it’s been about 10 years since I’ve spoke to her. I miss her every day but it’s nothing we can do about it.

3 Likes

God tells us to remove things from our lives that are a drain on us. If you were literally with her every single day, you were the drain.

3 Likes

Had the same thing happen. I moved on because I deserve better.

3 Likes

Does she have a new relationship?

1 Like

Did y’all ever wonder if he did something to her

Sometimes ppl just grow apart

1 Like

If y’all are listening to one side it there’s something obviously something wrong

2 Likes

Show her who’s she’s gonna miss :woman_shrugging: she will come back and wen she does tell her what do you wan now . I mean you stoped talking to me now explain your self …

1 Like

There’s surely a reason for her actions but none of us are gonna know. I’d say either try to get ahold of her to work it out or move on and live your best life without her

4 Likes

Maybe she has some personal things she realized she needs to work on and doesn’t want it to affect you. I wouldn’t take it negatively. Let her know you’ll be there if she’s ever in need and leave it at that.

6 Likes

If she can throw it all away that easily then she was never your friend. She got whatever you were providing that she need from you and now will move onto someone else she can leach off of for whatever reason.

2 Likes

My dad completely has stopped talking to me. I don’t even know why.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I reached out to my ex best friend for small talk and was ignored. I got the hint and stopped caring. We we’re friends since middle school. She just got distant with me for no damn reason. It’s all good now. Because at the end of the day, I tried to be on terms with her.

She may be going through something within herself and distancing herself from people.

2 Likes

Take care of yourself. Accept it and move on.

I have three other sisters that haven’t talked to me in over 10 years. I don’t know why. We didn’t have a major blow up or anything. I’ve learned to accept it and just move on. I have my husband and my 4 kids and that’s all I need

1 Like

Same happened to me. It’s been since 2016 since I’ve seen her. Her loss. Not my problem

First off y’all have some terrible best friends id never think my best friend was banging my husband/boyfriend just because she stopped talking to me

Second Sarah Patey id sure be sitting on ur front porch until u gave me reason :joy:

1 Like

Ask mutual friends or her family if you know them if they have a clue.

You’re just going to have to accept that you may never know the reason and that’s okay. Someone who is willing to throw away a good friendship, isn’t worth being friends with. There may be a thousand things that happened over the course of 10 years but if she never said anything to you to try and address issues she had so that you guys could work on it together, she wasn’t committed to your friendship.

4 Likes

It’s sad people can’t communicate like adults, instead of cutting people off like school girls. You definitely deserve a conversation, to understand her actions. As hard as it is try to move on and surround yourself with people with love and appreciate you x

1 Like

Been there too…back off don’t contact her…make new friends…its very hurtful…

2 Likes

My cousin who was like a little sister to me, did the same… heartbreaking

1 Like

Find out. Could be something that needs attention. Maybe suicidal thoughts? I’m just speculating tho. Make sure it’s not that.

1 Like

There’s got to be a reason you don’t just stop hanging and being best friends with someone for no reason is there a man that can be controlling her,a new friend in her ear or getting her attention now,and or you possibly have a man she is interested in there could be lots of things ask her what’s up but that just goes to show what she’s really thought of y’alls relationship to not give you an explanation of why she has just cut you off like that maybe she’s done something she don’t think you would forgive her for no telling but like I said you just don’t ghost ppl for no reason especially if you hang with them every single day for 10 yrs there’s something to it good luck finding out and hopefully y’all mend it or find peace moving on not being friends anymore

5 Likes

You can’t force people to be your friend she’s obviously offended by something or is going through something you just have to accept it and move on. She has your number if she ever wants to reach back out

2 Likes

Every person is in your life for a season or the long haul. Some souls out grow friendships. There is no blame if your friend walked away. Each soul grows some together, some along side one another and some apart. Cherish the time you shared, feel no guilt, heal and keep moving forward. If you were connected soul to soul as friends you will reunite when the time comes to do so.

6 Likes

Could be a million things, do you have a man in the house? Maybe he’s made her uncomfortable. Maybe you’ve been doing something have you noticed her being off at any other point? You won’t ever know until she tells you

1 Like

If she just threw it all away like it was nothing, then she wasn’t a friend to begin with. Friends don’t do each other that way, especially best friends.

7 Likes

I had a friend that was making very bad choices in her life and with her kids. I tried to tell her nicely many times over the years and she still continued. She left her kid at home one day to run to the liquor store. Her kid was a year old then. Instead of ripping her down as a parent or a person I cut off the friendship completely. There is a lot more to how her drama drug my life down and I couldn’t do that anymore either. That is just my experience. Maybe it’s just time for a break?

This happened to me. Those saying there was a reason. Fault doesn’t always fall on the person left behind. Mental illness,drug abuse, and narcissist personality where someone makes themself out to be a victim definitely plays a factor. They start acting shady,gain a new circle of friends,find their next best friend and treat ex bf like garbage til they walk away and repeat the cycle . My advice. Walk away and don’t look back. This friend could be going down a dark path and you don’t need or want to walk that with them

2 Likes

Sometimes when people are just done they are done and don’t owe anyone an explanation… She could have problems with things she knows you don’t see as a problem.

You see it as no reason. She probably has her reasons and didn’t feel like talking with you about it would lead to anything but an argument and misunderstandings…

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve had that happen. Just leave it be and move on if you push her it will only hurt you more. Don’t waste anymore time on her.

1 Like

From the perspective of a friend that did the cutting off, without any warning, I’d bet that whatever her reasons, she doesn’t want to 1) cause a fight/argument 2) hurt your feelings.

A few years ago, I made the choice to cut off my best friend of almost 15 years. She was making choices regarding her children that I couldn’t support or condone, both of which she expected me to do without any question. In addition, she was constantly driving a wedge between my husband and I with comments about how I should expect him to act or what responsibilities to take.

My mind became a whole lot clearer when I cut her off and my life a whole lot less toxic.

I’m not saying this is your situation, but this friend began contacting my friends and family, trying to get in touch with me, completely unaware of all the personal issues she had that contributed. She was sure it was something wrong with ME.

I wouldn’t contact others. Give her the space she’s asking for, and maybe consider some self-reflection in the process to see if maybe there is major lifestyle choices and differences that are causing this divide.

7 Likes

People don’t cut people off for no reason. There’s either an undesirable behavior she can no longer deal with, or she has some shit going on behind the curtain that she hasn’t been telling you.

If you really can’t see how it could be anything you did, then there’s nothing left to do but grieve and move on.

Either way it was shitty to not give a reason.

Has to have a reason of some sort

2 Likes

I hate that people think that shits okay. Everything is just so temporary and who gives a fuck nowadays. Just not talking or being friends with someone out of nowhere and can’t even be a decent human being and at least tell you why…. People are shitty :confused: that’s why I’m so guarded nowadays

Try just parking yourself on her patio until she comes out! Tell her you are staying until she tells you what’s wrong! This worked for me several years ago and we’ve been friends since!!!

3 Likes

Had it done to me too a few years ago ,but wasn’t the 1st time , most definitely will be the last. That door is staying closed.

1 Like

In my opinion, as an adult we don’t need to be with a friend all day everyday. You grow and have responsibilities. If she was always at your house, she wasn’t living her own life.

3 Likes

That’s not a TRUE friend. I had what I THOUGHT was one of my bffs through high school and my 20s. I mean she did some fked up :poop: behind my back and I forgave her raggedy a. She moved out of state but we still stayed in touch. Then out of nowhere, she just stopped reaching out. I tried to contact her a couple times after that but no luck. Then after the last time I tried, I said to myself hold up! You ain’t do nothing to that raggedy heffa and you forgave all the :poop: she did to you. So I said :fu:t4: her and moved on with my life. I have a couple REAL bffs, she was just dead weight.

4 Likes

Something is going on

4 Likes

Give her time…I know it sucks and we want answers but maybe she stumbling across her answers she’s been praying for and may not know how to explain to you??? Take this time and focus on you, yours and your future etc. Try to find or get into something that YOU like, that makes YOU happy!
On the other hand, check on her. Make sure she’s not depressed or anything like that…there could be several reasons. Try to understand, what you can’t, give it to god, or time. Always hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

1 Like

There’s definitely a reason. And I’m not sure I’m buying you have no idea. If you haven’t reached out to her yet, and you feel this way you should. If you don’t get a response just let it be. You will find out in due time……

7 Likes

You could just say ti her that you dont know why she has ended your friendship after 10 years but if she ever needs a hand/help to give you a call and you will help her.

1 Like

I think it has to do with a male. I mean I could be wrong. But you never know. It’s happened to me before. We got along great. We were best friends for 30 years and just like that, she was gone. She never expressed if I was stepping over boundaries or anything like that. Maybe your friend has her own reasons that have nothing to do with you. It’s weird how these falling outs happen but they do. It’s been about 4 or 5 years and we still haven’t talked. Try to keep the door open for your friend but at the sametime don’t wait around either. Just live your life and wish her the best for her life. That’s all you can really do. Good luck!

4 Likes

Maybe she has a controlling bf pr something or maybe just wants time for herself but breaking up a friendship if that’s the case doesn’t make sense

1 Like

Do you have a BF, Husband or Father that hit on her? Could be so many things. Good luck on that one. I’m so sorry for you.

1 Like

is she seeing ur husband

3 Likes

Honestly I felt this to my core. My best friend of 8 years randomly stopped responding to me and then deleted me on everything with no reasoning. I’m 8 months pregnant and she was super excited and there for me until she cut me off in July. I’d say either pop up and get some answers or just focus on you and mourn the loss. The latter is what I’ve been doing and it sucks but it gets better

7 Likes

It really sucks for this to happen but don’t torture yourself over the possible reasonings. If you truly want to know approach her in person and ask to just get answers for closure.

1 Like

I imagine her being in a 6 years old mentality? Let her go. God won’t take something or someone away from you without giving you something better.

Maybe she’s depressed

1 Like

You were no longer useful to her…your purpose has been served. It’s her and not you. Let it go, leave it be. Wish her well and be on your way….sometimes there are no “answers” and is no closure. Know you were a good friend and move on….

6 Likes

Sometimes we just grow away from people. Like a job you outgrow.
Or one’s priorities change. You look at someone with new eyes and realize you don’t want to be there anymore.
It could even be religion, politics or a new relationship.

Hopefully ur dad’s not 46 lol

45 Likes

Girl if she cut you off then she was never your friend I have a best friend since 3rd grade and even when I’m moody bi polar or need alone time or all me time she is still there even when I hurt her or get her mad annoyed or feel appreciated move on their are better people out there with hearts

2 Likes

Maybe look at your actions? Just because you don’t know the reason, doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

5 Likes

Is she in an abusive relationship?

My friends baby daddy made her cut me off bc he was essentially threatened by my independence as a single mom & didn’t want me influencing her :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Do you have your man around her? Asking for a friend :joy:

7 Likes

…could she be into you?

1 Like

Maybe she just didn’t know how to tell you that y’all have been growing apart for a while???

1 Like

Shut the door…go forward…her loss…

1 Like