My boyfriend and I non stop argue: Advice?

Also… if he’s working his butt off then you should be having dinner ready and catering to your man making the home life better. You shouldn’t be arguing with him about stupid crap. I know this from EXPERIENCE! When I was younger I was always insecure and always worried always nagging …I was such a cry baby. My ex didn’t help matter but point is we’re exes now and we were together 20 years always fighting about something stupid. We have 3 kids together. Now I’m with a man I click with… we both have issues from our past exes … we almost didn’t make it in the beginning, I realized I was starting to nag about dumb shit and he was stubborn and wasn’t as loving etc … hitting 5 years together in Sept, and things are better then ever. We now communicate, and compromise. We don’t argue or fight especially if it’s stupid. We joke and really enjoy time together better then ever now. That’s all it takes just stop being stupid and nagging. Men are simple. Feed them love them and have fun with them … and great sex is definitely very important lol

4 months in. It can only get worse. You are still supposed to be in the puppy love phase. Keep it moving now unless you are built for the nonsense getting worse. That’s a lot of drama for 4 months as a man I wouldn’t deal with arguing with a woman after 4 months in all reality you really don’t know each other. You know what each of you have been willing to tell. Sounds like you both have issues that will only come to light as time moves on. Don’t feel bad just chalk it up as a lesson learned to never move in or let someone move in in 4 months that’s kinda ridiculous and not what a adult man or woman should be doing to even put your kids that predicament that fast with someone you don’t really know.

3 Likes

Sounds like children having children that don’t know how to really be adults.

8 Likes

It’s that Tense and Messed up with a 4 month relationship???
Break it off now, things will just get worse💔

6 Likes

Red flags.
I left my fiance because every week was like this.
The signs are there he is cheating. My advice is cut your losses

3 Likes

If he’s brought up the guys at work say it’s easy to cheat…. He’s cheating!!! Arguing gaslighting on call… whatever he calls it. He’s got a side chick and u are a babysitter

3 Likes

Why do people put laughing emojis on posts like this? It’s rude and childish.

Politely pack his stuff and change the locks. 4 months and all this chaos? Nope this is neither healthy for you or your children.

8 Likes

Walk away easy pack his shit there’s always better somewhere what next hitting each other

I feel bad for your kids having such a careless mom who could invite a man and his 3 children into yours and their personal space especially after only how many months.

7 Likes

Combining two families after only 4 months together, is a recipe for disaster. I’m sorry to say that if you can’t get along now in the “honeymoon phase” you won’t last long. Also, think about the impact your fighting must have on all 6 kids involved. :broken_heart:

3 Likes

First of all…why TF would you combine families after 4 MONTHS?

8 Likes

I’m not sure why you would bring around a man near your kids after 4 months! Let alone move in together after 4 months. Tf is wrong with you?

10 Likes

Well the part of your complaint that made any sense, most of it was hard to follow, indicates he is not very happy with your relationship and is maybe staying out of convenience. You don’t sound at peace either. After only 4 months of being together you’re already fighting this much is a true sign it may not be meant to be. Life is short and you’re miserable so what is the point in prolonged misery for either of you. Sounds like you’re both playing games and need to grow up a bit :woman_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

Honey save yourself a lot of grief and dump this one, cause he already found someone else, I spent nine years with one and it was always my fault no matter what came up. He started all the arguments so he could leave, which he blamed me for :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:save yourself now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:it won’t be worth it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Leave now before you waste more than 4 months. There are others out there that won’t fight with you every day.

7 Likes

4 months only?? Yeah it’s just going to get worse…

8 Likes

First mistake was moving in with each other so fast with kids involved. There was no “getting to know everyone time”. My mom and stepdad knew they could never combine households. It just wouldn’t work. We still did things together as a family. I was five when they started dating when I was five. They didn’t move in together till I was 15, when I moved to my dads. My mom and step dad were together 37 years before he passed away three months after his best friend, my dad died. Point being, your relationship doesn’t have to fit the norm. It just has to work for your family and his.

8 Likes

4 months??? And three, we’ll really four, extra kids that it sounds like you’re raising while he works. Hell no! Kick him out. He’s making your life hell and that of your children too. He’s very immature.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine this is even a real post. Gosh I hope it’s not and this is a troll. If you, anonymous, are serious… I’ll play along. It sounds like you both need to see a therapist - separately - and call it quits on your 4 month relationship that you two dragged 6 children into. :flushed::eyes::grimacing::exploding_head::woman_facepalming:t3::melting_face: If you guys are barely holding it together now - why on earth would you think things will get better? You are STILL in the honeymoon phase. If this is as good as it gets for you - you are putting all those poor kids in a really unhealthy and vulnerable position.

10 Likes

4 months… Pack his shit and send him on his way and focus on your own kids and yourself…

If this is how it is at 4 months then you need to call it quits. You two don’t even really know each other, should still be in the honey moon phase, he’s bragging about being able to cheat, and your mad he’s working all the time? This is a recipe for disaster. Better to end it right now, then wait a year and have it be worse.

Plus, you have kids that your both making miserable by all the fighting. So what are they learning from you two? Not good for a blended family.

5 Likes

Wow 4 months and you moved in together. No way… and with kids that’s a mess waiting to happen.

6 Likes

Girl… you’re still in the first few months… This is why you don’t involve children in idiotic choices

9 Likes

Blended family’s are hard. Couples counseling may help. If you love him stick with him have his back if you don’t really love him cut your ties before the kids get attached

Um…it’s been four months…not four years.Your Lying to yourself there hun.You started your question off with ‘My boyfriend and I non stop argue’.
Your not only making you life difficult…but your making your kids lives difficult…which is WHAT is important here.Move on.

8 Likes

If this is how it is at 4 months it’s time to call it a quits.

5 Likes

Time to leave. If he were really interested and mature minded, he would be wanting to solve issues between you, rather than name call and lie to make everything your fault. This is a ‘child’s way’ to handle problems. Children don’t like confrontations so the put blame on others and lie to avoid confrontation. He is a child. There is a reason this guy was dumped before. You picked up someone else’s trash. Get rid of him. Look for some one who compliments your life by being a problem solver and helpful, not a braggart that threatens you with: oh I can cheat so easily on you if I wanted. If it were me, I’d tossed him out and told him, there you go, then! I did not take you to raise. I will go find me a real man! Lol

It’s only been 4 months, stop trying to play house with a stranger. Kick him out and move on.

10 Likes

Only 4 months and he’s living with you? He needs to move on. Your his baby sitter for the summer and that’s all it is. It will never get better.

19 Likes

You both met each other’s kids and live together after only four months?!! He’s a stranger to them and to you for crying out loud.

10 Likes

Dating is an interview. Turn yourself inward put a bubble around yourself and those kids, FOR LIFE, and get out of there. Kids are number 1. That is all.

6 Likes

Ok, so what’s the main cause of your fights then? Working too much? Not enough family time? Intimacy? Then ask your self who is initiating the arguments? Are you making sly remarks that upset him? Complaining the second he walks through the door? Kids make any relationship hard but constantly harping on your significant other isn’t going to make things easier

2 Likes

If y’all have only been together for 4 months and argue nonstop then y’all need to breakup and both of you need to grow-up before getting in another relationship!
I only had to read “My boyfriend and I argue nonstop and we’ve been together 4 months” to figure that out.

5 Likes

Gaslighting you… All those things he says u forget… Lies. Narc alert.

I feel bad for the children.

6 Likes

Moved in wayyyy too soon. :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

You doing all work . Move on . Out u go

4 months? Leave. It’s only gonna get worse & if it’s that bad? & his narcissistic take on “my buddy told me to cheat on you but I said no” bullshit. Hate to say but He’s prob cheating on you. Guys will say bits of truth between lies. As well as their energy will be completely different when you’re not anything like the girl he’s talking to . Nit picks you. Etc. & personally, I’m a mom of 2 , 8 year old & a 5 year old… I waited a year before I brought my children around. Because children get attached as well.

So maybe take this as a lesson. 4 months is too soon for moving in & playing family. There’s no bond there. You don’t see true colors until 1-4 years. Not months…

As well as you don’t know that man from a hill of beans to be around like that. Maybe it’s from my trauma I’ve had but I just don’t think that’s enough time to know ANYONE.

The first three months of any relationship are a facade. You guys are just now starting to show each other your true colors, and you’ve already moved him (and his kids!!!) in. If you guys are already fighting relentlessly, imagine what the rest of your lives will look like. You don’t want your children to think this is how relationships are. They’ll grow up to think that they can be treated the same. They deserve better.

2 Likes

Yall have no business living together. I can tell you that for a fact. You need to separate households. If you feel the relationship is worth still trying then go from there. But it sounds like it may be better for both if you to just move on. The next man that comes around do not bring around your kids for a long while.

1 Like

You’ve been together 4 months and already living together? With children all together too? Slow it down go back to basics. Move him out. Date him. If you still feel the same leave him.

3 Likes

End it! Fighting all the time is bad for the children! They will grow up doing the same thing!

2 Likes

Have you been together 4 months, known each other 4 months or lived together 4 months?
Start writing things down if he thinks you are forgetting stuff
Encourage him to write stuff down too .
What does he mean about you making it his fault? Are you blaming him for not knowing or remembering? You say you know you definitely don’t forget things or blame him for you forgetting things yet he obviously feels you forgot stuff. Rather than fight over who’s right just find a place where you can both write memos and important stuff down.
Why would his working every second weekend cause fights?
If he’s on call then he’s on call.
If he doesn’t get called he’s home with you all. If he does get called he goes. Nothing hard about that. No reason for him to find to fight about that as it’s just the nature of the job. Or are you the one complaining about him being on call. If he works nights then take the kids outside, do quiet time activities etc. Reinforce to all of them that it’s important he be able to sleep or rest just in case. Obviously he’d sleep Friday night unless he worked it, but he can rest here and there on his on call weekend. Not like you are planning activities or chores for him on those weekends.
I’m not getting a clear enough picture of what exactly your issues are. You don’t say what your age groups are.
It’s hard to integrate step kids into the mix on a full time basis. Even if you have known each other and dated for a long time. And once you move in together it’s hell for sometime lol. Think of it like a honeymoon stage with each individual and between themselves. The kids that don’t live there full time have even more insecurities. Everyone needs to find their place in the new family.
Blended families take time, work and compromise from everyone.
Cut some slack on the kid issue. Did you know he had kids and did you know you were getting them for the summer?

Learn to bite your tongue for a bit, it may feel like everyday there’s an argument even if it isn’t just because it’s so often. Try to avoid arguing or telling him he’s lying. That’s definitely not a great way to communicate in a disagreement. As soon as you tell someone they are lying they will be on the defensive and you can’t work through anything.
Not sure what all you say you are doing to push buttons but definitely try to cut that out and if you find you are doing it the apologize for it right away before the disagreement gets out of hand. Maybe he will be able to step back and apologize when he says something to deliberately push your buttons when he gets used to the new way to handle emotions.
I definitely would be apologizing for threatening to pack his stuff while he’s gone. Tell him emotions ran high but you don’t really mean it and you’d like to be able to give the relationship time to settle.

Honey, you both need to work together instead of at each other. Needless to say, you both knew of kids being involved. Also… don’t mother him. Talk this out with him and both of you listen :ear::ear: to what is being said.

Shouldn’t have so much issues after so little time. Move on.

1 Like

Moving in together with kids after only less than 4 months of dating. Theres your issue right there.

3 Likes

4 months… oh honey. Just walk away.

2 Likes

Get out. Next guy know him longer than 4 months and has no kids.

Its ok to argue but to argue that much says something is wrong. For him to keep bringing up past fights and those cards tells me that he has a problem of letting past arguments go. My ex was like that blame me for everything and nothing was his fault even when it was his fault. We argue atleast once a week and soon we just stopped talking to each other as when we talked it was arguing. After a while it gets tiring, so either go to couples therapy and work it out OR its time to think long term and break up as you dont want to argue like this every day. Sometimes admitting faults is best and owning up to them for him and you is best. Plus communication is also key.

Who let’s a man move in and live under the same roof as their children after only 3 months. You both NEED counseling! You don’t move strangers into your home with your kids! Like WOW!!!

1 Like

Seems like a transactional relationship

Why would you even make an effort to make it work. Think of yourself 5 years from now. Do you think you two will still be arguing all the time? No, it will never last that long. You both need to part ways now. It’s terrible for all of your kids.

4 months and you involve six kids and moved in together? That was good decision making

I’m going through it to and I wish I knew what to say I’m sorry

I would suggest living separately for the time being if possible. My boyfriend and I moved into together nine months of dating I got pregnant 2 months of being with him so we lived together the last few months of my pregnancy untill our daughter was 3 months we argued. I had a c-section so I couldn’t work for a while and then after that I had surgury on my foot, so he was stressed being the only one working and that’s mainly the reason we argued and I was dealing with ppd, we both decided it would be best for our relationship to live separately till I can start working again.