My boyfriend becomes abusive when he drinks: What should I do?

Bye :wave:t5: see ya later. Find a new bf. My best friend and her bf have been together for 3 years. && since the day they met, every time they get drunk, he hits on her, forgets sheā€™s already his and hits on her more, or
Hypes her up so disgustingly I canā€™t stand it.

Find a new bf

Kick his ass to the curb. If he isnt willing to go cold fucking turkey and give it up to keep you then kick his ass to the curb before he loses control and you lose your life

Run yesterdayā€¦they will never changeā€¦it will get worse

Itā€™s a game to him.
Heā€™s a narcissist ā€¦you are being gaslighted. YOU ARE RIGHT about all your fears!
Trust your gutā€¦trust your eyes and your ears

You and your kids deserve better.
Do not settle for this bullshitā€¦its not ok

Leave the putzā€¦
he will cryā€¦he will try to manipulate you, even try to buy you giftsā€¦profess his undying love and maybe even get scary crazy threatening you.

But pleaseā€¦
Be safe & leave :heart:

1 Like

And always remember a drunk manā€™s talk is a sober manā€™s thought! Leave him periodā€¦

Run as far and as fast as you can. it only get worse

Been there ! Move out leave asap

I would leave. I was in a similar situation. I woke up one morning and when I got my daughter out of her crib, I found a bottle cap in her crib. I ran and so should you.

If your man is abusive get out be
For it gets worse and if you stay
It will get worse

Iā€™ve been where you are it honestly never gets better everytime he drinks you would feel like youā€™re walking on egg shells its not good for youā€™re health I left after 2 toxic years I even tried talking to him when he was sober he fully understood what he was doing but he couldnā€™t control it because he was an alcoholic he would start at 8am some mornings and all day Iā€™d be on edge you need to leave him and get yourself right and happy again

You definitely need to get out of there. Reach out to your own family for support, and there are lots of womenā€™s groups that can help support you in getting out of there. Sometimes making it happen is easier said then done when you are by yourself. But it is possible. My heart goes out to you xo be safe

U should leave but itā€™s obvious that ur not so have a bat or something near maybe some mace and when he starts drinking use themā€¦either heā€™ll stop drinking or heā€™ll leave u

I was in the same situation girl. 4 years after leaving Iā€™m with a man who would never hurt me. Physically or mentally. He loves my kids like theyā€™re his own. And when I was with my ex I never thought I would be here. So I know what youā€™re going through and how it feels. But I promise one day you will be happier. And the sooner you leave the sooner you can get to that. Be safe, girl!

Can we stop with these questions please. Instead of posting to Facebook about ā€œmy man hits me what do I doā€¦ā€ find someone in your family you can trust to help you. If you canā€™t find someone to talk to and get help in your family or friends, what is a bunch of random people going to do to help you. And yes Iā€™ve felt with abusing family members or boyfriend and yes itā€™s very difficult to get away but going to social media for help isnā€™t going to actually help you.

2 Likes

Alcohol is just bringing down his defenses and showing his true colors. PLEASE LEAVE THAT RELATIONSHIP

1 Like

Set up some nanny cams that he isnā€™t aware of, record him a couple times then show him and tell him if he doesnā€™t quit and or get help, then he will find himself all alone. If he doesnā€™t show any kind of abusive behavior when he doesnā€™t drink, then you have a chance. I know people who quit drinking because of this type of behavior, but if he is abusive in any way when he isnā€™t intoxicated, you need to pack up and leave when heā€™s not around. Get a girlfriend you can trust to help you.

Drinking lowers inhabitions. If he slanders you when drunk he is saying what he really thinks. There is no good side to this. Cut your losses and leave.

2 Likes

get out of that mess before you get badly hurt he is not worth having you

Bash him on hand with a damn cast iron skillet. Now when he wakes up and say my hand hurts say I know I just over reacted when you hit with it so do t make the mistake again or next time Iā€™m going to break it!!! If you let there be a next time sis! :woman_shrugging:t4:

Find a new man that worships the ground u walk
Way better than dealing with that

Every woman on this thread is telling you to leave! Run donā€™t walk and donā€™t tell him nothing until you have all your ducks lined in a row and after youā€™ve left! He could harm you in his abusive fitā€¦

2 Likes

Leave the relationship until he gets helpā€¦ or forever

1 Like

11 years. I made this excuse for eleven years. Each time his physical abuse became worse than the last. This is what i knowā€¦he KNOWS what he is capable of when he drinks. He KNOWS from past situations he hurts you. And yet he still chooses to drink. Who is more important? Definitely not u. I literally just put mine in jail xmas eve and finally put an end to this. I made excuse after excuse cuz things r great when hes sober. But he knows who he turns into when he drinks. I had to stop it bfr he killed me.

Alcohol isnā€™t the problem, he is. Itā€™s him that you donā€™t want in your home, youā€™re just blaming the alcohol because youā€™re in denial or because youā€™ve created excuses on his behalf

Every moment is the best or the worst. Not worth it. Find a normal person and a person that makes u better. Dont end up dead!

From someone whose had an alcoholic parent that was abusive, get out. Leave as soon as you can. I was 3 when my parents divorced. I still can remember my mother being beaten. If you think it doesnā€™t matter to your child, think on that. Get away from this man. If you have children together, do what you can to get your babies away from him. But do not tell them bad about their father and pray for him that he wakes up one day.

Get the hell away from him before he injured you!

My mom went through this. My dad almost killed her multiple times. She got out. You can too. It was mentally and emotionally and physically damaging for me and my siblings as well. Please donā€™t do this to your kids. Iā€™ll never be right.

2 Likes

This is a dumb question no offense but why do u need people on here to tell u what to do u already knowā€¦leave

4 Likes

RUN, and Do it NOW!!!
He will not change, only get worse. Trust me, Iā€™ve lived it. (more than once)

1 Like

Go find a real man and leave the looser. :woman_shrugging:t3: Before the next question you post is how to leave an abusive spouse.

1 Like

you have to ask leave pack up dont look back block him on social media and phone calls and texts keep a low profile so he dont find u

1 Like

Tell him no alchohol allowed or hes gone :woman_shrugging: dont give him any other option.

My ex was like that it started with only when he was drinking then it switched to all the time and as well as cheating

Run dont walk leave no one deserves that . Please know your worth being single is better the being beat onā€¦

Leave. Leave swiftly and donā€™t look back! You can not repair this!

Leave before itā€™s too late. He doesnā€™t see an issue and therefore wonā€™t change. It will only get worse. I know itā€™s easier said than done. Iā€™m sure you love him. Iā€™m sure heā€™s probably made your second guess yourself and the situation. Iā€™ve been there and understand. But itā€™s not worth it. The way heā€™s treating you is not love. you deserve better than that. Good luck :heart:

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over & over & expecting different results

Drunk words are a sober manā€™s thoughts.

1 Like

It WILL get worseā€¦Leave now.

If he wonā€™t quit drinking itā€™s time to leave.

Girl get out while you can :speaking_head::speaking_head: RUN . Itā€™s only going to get worse

Hes gaslighting you for his own shitty behaviour. Get the fuck away from him. You deserve better than him.

Run donā€™t walk. It will only get worse. As Dr Laura says, is this what you want between now and dead?

Leave him. Had a bf that was the same way. I eventually kicked his ass then left him

Only problem is him. I know people who drink every day and theyā€™re not mean at all (not thatā€™s a way of life). Thereā€™s men in my family who are like that and NOTHING changes. My aunt told one girl that she was stupid for staying. Thereā€™s good men out there and if he wonā€™t quit drinking so he stops beating on you then he doesnā€™t care. Alcohol will always come before you and if you have kids then you need to put them first and stop letting them see that this is okay. You deserve better.

Duhā€¦ No more drinking

I would kick his ass to the curb!!

My best advise would be do some reading on alcoholism and how it effects family & friends. No it dosent mean what he is saying is how he really feels. Alcolisim is very really and once it has control over someone, they no longer have control. Unfortunately unless they donā€™t see they need help. There is no helping them. You can force someone to become clean. Thereā€™s 2 types of alcoholics. The mean alcoholic and the class Clown happy go lucky alcoholic. Ones that turn mean can also become abusive. I would say if he is not willing to get help as there is help out there. Then leave. If he is then stand by his side as its not a easy road to become sober and deal with there emotions. Thereā€™s like 7 stages they will go threw when they do sober up and itā€™s not easy but worth it in the end if you both truly love each other.

Thatā€™s a hard no!! Get yourself out of that and donā€™t look back, get yourself into counseling to recognize & work on the reasons you chose a man like that and put up with that so you donā€™t end up in this situation again.

1 Like

This is only going to escalate, leave him ASAP.

You can tell him itā€™s you or the alcohol all day long but if heā€™s a true alcoholic he will say he doesnā€™t have a problem and can stop whenever he wants. Then he will quit just long enough for some steam to blow over. A week maybe even two to prove he ā€œchooses youā€. After the 2 weeks he will pick it back up while promising you this time will be different. He wonā€™t drink as much, he wonā€™t let himself get to ā€œthat pointā€, he will drink a different kind thatā€™s not as strong, and I could give you a thousand more excuses. In the end, nothing will truly ever change and this cycle will just continue on repeat as long as yā€™all are together. If you donā€™t wish to spend the rest of your life this way, the only choice you have is to go. As much as it hurts, you can not save someone else from their demons and force them to change. Only they can do that, and the few that beat addiction have to typically hit rock bottom first. I wish I didnā€™t know all of this too well, but I unfortunately I do.

LEAVE RIGHT NOWā€¦I dated my ex and knew he was like that (just like that). I still married him and it took me 9 yrs and being scared he was going to kill to leave. I got to the point death was better than staying! AGAIN PLEASE GET OUT NOW

get rid of the alcohol if he leaves because of that good riddance. Alcohol would be more important to him then you are.

Get rid of himā€¦ now before it gets worse. They NEVER change.

LEAVE.
As soon as you can. Make a plan, decide on a day. Get a restraining order. Leave.

I did this same crap for 6 years. Its not.just affecting you, but your kids too. I left 11 years ago. Not sure Iā€™d be alive today if I hadnā€™t-nor my kids!

1 Like

I work at a domestic violence shelter,i hear this multiple times daily, today i worked to help a woman who had her entire orbital socket fractured on new years. She cant get help from family or friends because she has promised to leave him so many times. She has been in our shelter countless times. This time he beat her and then their 4year old daughter (breaking her arm), the daughter begged her to take her to our place because she is safe and warm here and daddy cant come here. Leave him, there is no two ways about it. You are worth more than his low opinion of you. If you truly love something you cherish it you dont destroy it. Do not allow yourself to be treated this way.

1 Like

LEAVE. Do not hesitate. This is not normal, not healthy, and will only get worse. Get out now!

1 Like

GTFO right now, and donā€™t even think about looking back.

1 Like

Donā€™t date him anymore.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re dealing with this but you have to run! This will not get better it will get worse and you need to protect yourself from this abuse. drunk or not this is who he really is because a real man wouldnā€™t ever do this

1 Like

Next time he gets like that call the police ask them to keep you anonymous (if that makes you more comfortable) and then tell them he needs to go to detox. Say a neighbor called and maybe that will be a wake up call for him

Yes I have, 10 years. They wonā€™t stop till THEY realize THEY have a problem. Thereā€™s nothing you can do but ask them to get help. I eventually left after ten years of marriage and it took him another 5 after I said you canā€™t see your son anymore till you get help.

Fling him to fk (excuse my language ) no one deserves to be treated that way and him drinking and doing it is just an excuse and then tries to turn it round in to u Iā€™m sorry but I would smack him in the teeth and throw him out

Get sober or iam out

Leave or see if he will switch to weed he sounds like he needs a cool down not liquor

Kick this moron to the curbā€¦

Itā€™s only gonna get worse. My grandpa is an alcoholic and trust me you donā€™t want to go through this your whole lifeā€¦
Itā€™s bad and itā€™s heartbreaking. And it hurts everyone around you.

1 Like

Tell him he either stops period or gets out and if does neither pack your shit and leave ā€¦ dont wait until itā€™s to late and something happens to you or one of the kids there are shelters that will take you in if you have no place to go until you get one to help keep you safe

Leave him you deserve better x

Just go fast and far as you can call cops whenever you need too. Get restraining order He canā€™t be a dad till he can control himself

RUN NOW, if he is a boyfriend. It is heartbreaking. It continues into marriage and it gets much, much worse.

GET OUT NOW !!!

Leave him. It wonā€™t change

LEAVE! It doesnā€™t seem like a big deal once heā€™s sober and things calm down, but the anxiety waiting for the next episode isnā€™t worth it. If you have kids donā€™t make his misery theirs, trust me they know and here everything. Think about your kids they deserve better than walking on eggshells, waiting and wondering when daddy will blow up again. Itā€™s your job to protect them from his nastiness and it will make its mark on your kids.

You do the same to him and beat the sh$t out of him!

1 Like

It amazes me how anyone could ask for advice on a situation like this. I pretty obvious get a restraining order and move out please before he seriously injures u.

You need to get out. He isnā€™t going to see where his problem lands him until something opens his eyes.

Start taking him to AA classes an go along with him to show your support in his recovery

Get out. I had an ex like that and he tried to kill me twice. He was the sweetest guy when he was sober, and no I wasnā€™t perfect, but didnā€™t deserve that. Seriously, get out before itā€™s too late

Get out if he is that way leave an dont go back he will say im better i wont do it again ALL LIES belive me

Leave him, immediately. I know from personal experience that the situation wonā€™t get better.

I would leave cause itā€™s not gonna get better

Imma be the opposite of every one thats telling you to leaveā€¦stay, start drinking with him if he becomes abusive physically it wont hurt so much till the next dayā€¦ any abuse mentally youā€™ll forget in the morningā€¦šŸ¤· I mean seriously if you gotta ask the internet.

5 Likes

Say GOODBYE.
You say here yourself that you are being abused. There is not 1 good reason for a person to stay in this type of relationship. NOT ONE!
Take care of yourself. Because he is definitely not going to.

Sounds to me you know exactly what to do! Leave him and never look back.

1 Like

As a child who had to see their own parents go through this situation, leave him. It will not get better it will only get worse.

LEAVE it almost NEVER gets better and almost always gets WORSEā€¦ EITHER way NOT worth risking your LIFEā€¦ TOO many woman have been BURIED or BRUTALLY attacked. STAY SAFE, and yes PRAY for him.

1 Like

run I lived that life everything was my fault whatever he was doing I was accused of great I didnā€™t drink with him he died 2009 alcoholic liver disease

1 Like

He either needs to have a wake up call or you need to leave. He CAN change but he has to want to. My husband was an ASSHOLE when he drank and he was always drunk if he wasnā€™t at work. I walked away from our marriage and he opened his eyes. Took a month. We just celebrated 11 years in October. He has to want to change.

Leave
If he canā€™t honor your wishes & cant handle his liquor - leave

Give him an ultimatum. Either alcohol or you . Itā€™s THAT simple

1 Like

Get away while you can. I was married to a man just like this. We were together for 7 years and I could count on 1 hand the sober days he had and thats because of sickness. Itā€™s not worth it

Throw the whole boyfriend away!

What should you do? Weā€™ll leave, duh.

Get him out! Call the law if you have to.

1 Like

Maybe next time you wonā€™t be alive to ask for adviceā€¦THINK ABOUT THAT!

Throw his butt to the curb. One they hit or hurt you, thatā€™s a deal breaker! Time to get the trash out of your home.

2 Likes

They never change I got out before he killed me.It only gets worse

1 Like

Leave ASAP! If he does it when heā€™s drinking, pretty soon heā€™ll start when heā€™s not drinking. No one should ever have to go through the abuse.

2 Likes

Good luck lived w 2 of what you just explained leave and get out while you can.ļæ¼

1 Like

You should leave.
I was in an abusive relationship in the past.
He used to say those same things. They are just excuses. His actions are HIS fault. Nobody elseā€™s.
My new guyā€¦ Iā€™ve given him plenty of reasons to knock me out tbh but heā€™s never put his hands on me bc he knows that itā€™s WRONG.
You deserve better. Leave him before its too late.
Heā€™s not going to change.