My boyfriend finds it disturbing that my 6-year-old son still co-sleeps with me: Thoughts?

I think the boyfriend is disgusting and needs to go! No man will ever tell me that its gross my 16 year old son was super sick one time from the flu and crawled at the foot of my bed and my husband goes aww he needs his mommy! You do whatever you want and dont ever let any man make you feel bad for doing what your comfortable with :heart:

They should have their own beds. But if he walks away so easily something else is the problem and it’s not your child.

Your son should have his own room and bed, he need’s his own space and so do you.

My daughter is 6 and cosleeps with me.
My son is 4 and never has.

Not a single person has a right to tell you it’s wrong and put you down for it. Only person that needs to be kicked out that bed is the boyfriend. :roll_eyes:

I try making my children sleep alone asap. But my 2 yr old son still sneaks to my bed daily and I don’t make him go back to his.
Regardless of your son being in bed with you… if that “man” had the nerve to make fun of you or your child especially… that’s not someone you need in your life and definitely not someone to put in your childrens life. Eventually it would have just led up to you and your son being mentally and emotionally abused with the rude comments. It may have seemed small now but it is enough to say f that man and let him stay gone!

I agree that fora time it is ok and if they have a bad night then yes however no one should make fun of you or your child. your boyfriend sounds like a jerk. i would recommended dumping him ASAP and yes to moving your child to a big boy bed. You want your son to grow and have an independence from you . It is healthier for both of you .

I think your boyfriend has a lack of understanding regarding co sleeping. Maybe if he was a father himself or had a lot more to do with your son from a much younger age, he would understand it more. It doesn’t excuse what he is saying or how he’s behaving. But if he’s never been exposed to that kind of environment or situation, he won’t know anything about it. Don’t force your son out just to please your boyfriend. If you feel ready that he needs to be in his own bed then do it. But don’t do it for the boyfriend. Tell the boyfriend to sleep on the couch if it bothers him that much :joy: or better yet, dump him.

In my personal opinion, I don’t think it’s disgusting or disturbing to have your son sleep in the same bed as you. My son is two going on three and he sleeps in the same bed as I do. My partner didn’t like it, but it’s a close bond that he and I have. Boys are always closer to their own mother and if it comforts him and you, that’s ok. Maybe, you can try having him try to sleep in his own bed every so often, as I do with my kid. To kinda start breaking that habit, since he is getting older. As far as your boyfriend, he is rude and not understanding. I think if he would’ve spoken with you about this matter as a mature adult something could’ve been done about it. You and your son are way better off with out him. You do what is best for your kid and yourself. He’s a growing boy and will eventually need his own space and bed.

My question is. Why do you feel comfortable with a man of 8 months in the bed with your child?? Or is the boyfriend on the couch??

I can’t even believe that you would allow somebody to be under same roof as you who talk to you and your child like that. Shame on you for picking a man over your kid. Get rid of him. How dare you let your child see somebody talk to you like that

Don’t choose this guy over your child. Tell him to get out. My son was 7 but still often sleeps with my husband and me (he’s 8 now). All 3 of my boys prefer to sleep with us and we never say no. If this guy doesbt understand that you put your child before him, then he needs to leave…especially if he calls it “disgusting” and makes your son feel bad about it. What a dick.

I don’t find it disturbing but adults need their own personal space. Especially with their partners. That can’t happen when you still bed share with your kid. But you’re the mother so it’s solely your decision when you feel like putting your kid in his own bed. You just can’t expect your boyfriend or any future partners to be okay with it too. They’re allowed their own feelings and concerns. Just like you.

You don’t need to be questioning your patenting style and what works for you and your son… but start questioning your relationship with a guy that is calling your mother son bond as “disgusting” and “making fun of you and your son”
Thats horrible, disrespectful and manipulitive.
If he were a man he would sit down and discuss options and changes that you can work on together as a family to benefit everyone… He moved himself into yours and your sons home, that’s your sons home 1st and always will be and He sounds like he is lacking alot of maturity and understanding when moving into a child home and safe place.

My kids have never slept in bed with me, but that doesn’t make it wrong for other people to co sleep. Is the child in the bed with you and the guy that just moved in?

We have a 5 and 3 year old who both sleep in the bed with me lol, dad literally sleeps in the guest room cause it’s too hot for his us 3 lmfao. Hes an amazing sport. When we joke about it I tell him they wont be my little boys forever. I’m sorry anyone’s making you feel uncomfortable that’s his own desires coming out in a crap way making fun of you. Do you and care for that baby :orange_heart:

Well i have a 4 yr old and a 7mth old and they have never slept w me,not bc i dont want them to but i like having my space and id be afraid of rolling over on them specially when their little, and i want them to be able to sleep in their own rooms! But thats my view everyones different thou

I’d sparta kick his (the boyfriend) ass straight to the curb. See, what we ain’t gonna do is act immature over my relationship with my kids. Period.

Another reason why I remain a single mother no one will ever tell me how to raise my boys not only that but there is no room left for anyone in our king size bed as my 10 and 8 year old still sleep with me every night :grin: my reasons are mine and my boys alone and I don’t need nor with I ever “explain” it to anyone…don’t like it? Not my problem thankfully :heart_eyes:

I coslept with my son until puberty hit. There’s nothing wrong with a momma cuddling her babe. But there is a line I guess if your looking at having a man over-lol…the 3 might seem odd, since he isn’t dad.

Hey my 8 year old sleeps with me occasionally. Not disturbing at all. Why would he say disturbing that’s weird to me

I wouldn’t say it’s disgusting but just my personal opinion there’s a time and a place where a couple needs to be a couple and that doesn’t involve your child sleep in the bed how can you spend any quality time with your significant other if there’s always a child right there I didn’t go sleep I didn’t get my child started in sleeping in my bed don’t plan to start with any of them my bed is my bed and their bed is their bed and that’s how it’s going to be I’ve never liked cosleeping.

I’ve Co slept with all my kids to varying degrees. But they all were in their own beds full time by 2/3.
Thats not to say its wrong to Co sleep longer but you do have to consider the affect on your own relationship.
Also, is your son now sharing a bed with both you and your new partner?
I could see how this could be uncomfortable for your partner…
It’s really about what works for the 3 of you… Everyone’s situation will be different.

Both of my kids co sleep with me and have since each were 6 months old. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. They can sleep in my bed as long as they want. Me however would not let them sleep in bed with me and another guy that wasn’t their dad. But that’s just my opinion . And if he left you for that … he’s not the one

At what age do you leave the mf and walk away and find a real man.

You’re mom. You do wtf you want for however long! I’m not saying sleep w your son till he’s 18… but don’t ever let a man come between you and your children.

FUCK. NO.

It’s disgusting that your boyfriend thinks like that and I guess it’s only cos he wants to have you in bed with him.
My 10 and 11 year old sons sleep in my bed when my hubby flies out for work and we will stop whenever we stop. It’s not every night though.
It’s sad that your boyfriend has to poke fun and be disrespectful about it to you instead of communicating his concerns properly.

Your bf probably feels uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed with a child that isn’t his. Plus you can’t exactly have adult fun with a kid in the bed that’s just wrong.

What’d you do tell him he can move in and play house but he’s gotta have his own room bc your son has the bed?

Suggest boyfriend is weird not you.
My son at age 4-6 slept in my bed from time to time. Boyfriend also got mad. Silly. Dont worry about it. Tell him to just hush.

Also how would your child’s father feel about your SO sleeping in the same bed as you and your bf? Maybe your child doesn’t have a father so I’m sorry if that’s the case but I wouldn’t be comfortable if that was my son with someone I’d only been dating for 8 months.

1 Like

Red flag. Leave him before he starts trying to control everything else in your life.

Disgusting and disturbing is a poor choice of words. Did the bf know you were still co sleeping with your son prior to move in ?

You have a cheap boyfriend. Your son is only 6. Let him sleep next to you until he is 8 years old. Then on his own, he will want some independence.

Why do things to make changes in your son’s life. PUT YOUR SON FIRST. My son slept with me till age 12. He has 7 open heart surgeries an was afraid to be by himself at night. Drs saw nothing wrong with it all. Sounds like you didn’t know your boyfriend very well before moving him in. The couch or out the door.

With you, no? But with your partner definitely not. But your kid always comes first so I’d be getting him sat down and laying some ground rules in place but I defo don’t agree with your son sharing a bed with a man you’ve known less than a year x

Ummm your boyfriend of 8 months needs to learn his place. I wouldn’t have introduced someone to my kids until Ive dated them for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS . Hes already moved in and living with you. He has absolutely no say whatsoever. Thats your baby and your child comes first mama ! Why are you letting someone youve known a little over 6 months hurt you ? Hes making fun of your son ! Hurting him as well ! Id tell him heres the couch and if he continued hurting mine or my child’s feelings he’d be shown the door.

The boyfriend has no right to your bed but the child does!!

My son sleeps w me
He is jealous big red flag
As long as you don’t make your son sleep w both of you.

My boys sleep in their own beds. But they know that if they get scared they can come crawl in bed with me and their dad

The way your boyfriend is handling the situation is wrong. His feelings are valid, but the way he is expressing those feelings is very wrong and I wouldn’t date him anymore for that reason.

Its completely fine and your son is little. Find a new boyfriend because he has strange jealousy issues.

Sounds to me like you need a new boyfriend. No man especially when it’s not the father’s to make you choose between the two.

Boyfriend just wants your son out of the bed so he can have sexy time with you … Nothing is wrong with it ! Both of my girls sleep with me … the oldest is 12… Put your son first !

Tell him to bite it. My 9 YO (will be 10 in Feb) still sleeps in my bed. I won’t get any sleep if hes not in my room. My husband works 3rd shift and both of my kids are in my room because their rooms are on the other end of the house (and are also the coldest 2 in the house).

1 Like

So u yo man and yo son umm big as prob where is his independence where is your relationship going its not going anywhere

He didn’t need to be so rude about his problem. But quite honestly, since we are sharing opinions, I don’t think a 6yr old needs to spend every waking moment with their parent. Including sleeping arrangements.
I can only imagine the trauma caused when almost losing your lives together. But still. You cannot let that hold you back, or your child, or they will forever be paralyzed by it, causing further traumas later in life.
This might cause “mommy issues”
This could cause a stunt in mental growth. And even cause problems with relationships he has in the future. And I don’t mean friendships.
Your bed is where you should be bonding with your partner.
Not a child anymore.

not arguing with any other commenter, just sharing my personal views, as asked by the page

Personally I have no problem with it if it’s you or his dad. But your boyfriend is a little weird. I would have switched him before the man moved in with you guys

So hes a bully. Sounds like. All that matters is how you feel about it. Hes the new one coming in. You guys shouldn’t change your life for him. If you’re fine with it then good riddens to the boyfriend

I get it. It’s not normal for that long. Maybe here and there but not as the norm. He’ll end up with a complex or mighty dependent on any women that lets him close

My kid sleeps in my bed and has since he was 2 months old. Do I regret it? Hell no bc I know he is safe. He has a toddler bed and crib but it scares him bc he has to be touching me for comfort. It’s not disgusting when you’re a mother. Men have no understanding of what its like to be a mom nor do they understand the bond certain things stimulate. I get that there is a new man in the picture but if it were me, my kid will always come before anyone.

Well my son is 11 and still sleeps with me. I hate when people judge unfairly when they didnt walk in our shoes. I’m still single cuz men suck. Tried the boyfriend thing… ended up getting beat down in a dv situation with a narcissist. Glad to be back in my bed with my son honestly.- not in a creepy way!!! Lol

My son is 11 and is currently snoring next to me and I’m sure my other two will join us through the night. Your bf sounds like a dick

My boys sometimes still climb in the bed with me. If it’s storming my youngest (11) because he’s scared of the dark, and my oldest (13) will find his way to my bed if he’s had a bad day at school. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with co-sleeping.

I can see why it creeps him out, I know it comforts you both but you should have transitioned him to his own bed before moving the boyfriend in, he’s adjusting to having a kid in his life full time and why would he want him in the bed y’all share? It’s got to be awkward for him.

By the way all you ppl being judgy torwards this man…hes not the kids dad. You would be comfortable letting a man sleep next to your 6 yro son every night?!? I’m sorry but I wouldn’t make my child sleep next to MY bf til he wanted to and was close and wanted affection from him. Lots of you are thinking one sided

1 Like

I def would not call it disgusting!! I can see why he would maybe roll his eyes. 6 is a little old unless they have a nightmare or somethin u kno…

I think if ur not ready to letvhim sleep alone then dont .What i find disturbing is that he moved in within what 4 months of knowing u.Funny how guys think that it’s easy for a mother to just give up the comfort zone she has with her kid. .so he could be babied by u.Tell him to sleep alone .If it u had a daughter then i would say its disturbing.But u do want to slowly get him to sleep alone maybe once a week n then once he gets used to it then go for 2 night a week n so on.Ps.ur boyfriend is only making fun of u so u could get mad n through ur son out .Dont let him get in ur head .If he loves u he’ll understand ur situation if he dont then he’s not the right guy for u.

Sounds like your bf needs to go. =p If he thinks it’s disgusting that you allow your child to sleep with you, then he needs to go. He could have kindly asked you to start making him sleep by himself instead of belittling you and your child. You let it continue, your relationship might be strand. It’s better to ripe off the band-aid now.

Honestly I have to say when I was single my daughter slept with me till she was 4. As soon as I met my now husband I didn’t let her sleep with us. I dont think you should have your son sleeping with you if your boyfriend is in the bed. And when will you and your boyfriend have alone time. Just slowly start taking your son to his bed when he falls asleep.

My son is 11 and still crawls in bed with me while my boyfriend of 9 years is in the same bed. The difference is my bf thinks of my son as his

All my kids slept with me and now my grandkids sleep with me whats wrong with that he wants sex thats why he’s complaining be REAL

My daughter slept with me til she was 5, and decided on her own to sleep in her big girl bed my son is now 4 and sleeps with me. When hes ready, he will go to his room too. When you blink, they’re grown. Use the time you have with your child wisely. Love them selfishly. You never know if God needs them home

Your boyfriend needs to shove it. He’s only been around 8 months, he’s replaceable. Your son is not. My son still sleeps with me at 7.

1 Like

Your boyfriend, regardless if he moved in, is the guest in your home. Don’t let the boyfriend tell you any different when he’s not the one that’s parenting your own child. If your boyfriend has a problem and wants to talk shit about anything, tell him to kick rocks!

Well for starters you’ve only been dating 8 months, and he’s making fun of you and your son cosleeping? If that was me he can take his stuff and go :wave:t3: and he says it’s disgusting? There’s nothing disgusting about sleeping in the same bed with your children. Now if y’all were dating for a couple years, getting serious then I’d say it’s time for your son to sleep in his own bed as he is getting older as well. If I had been dating a guy for 8 months and my 6 year old has been cosleeping with me I wouldn’t allow that man in my bed with my son there but I also wouldn’t consider letting a bf move in with me that fast either :woman_shrugging:t2:
To answer your questions…it’s not disturbing that’s your child not his so probably why he’s acting immature. I wouldn’t let my child sleep with my SO of 8 months either…

Fuck that guy. My son is almost 7 and he still sleeps with me. The only time he slept by himself was for about a year when he was potty training at around 3 years old.

First of all if he didnt marry you he shouldnt be sleeping with u and ur son. Ur son is more important. Kick him out next time he makes fun of ur son, that is being a bully, not a step dad. Ur son can sleep in ur bed until he is ready to move to his own bed, he will let u know.

I just want to no how do you expect to enjoy each other with your kid laying in bed with you and your boy friend

Ehh, all these people telling you to ditch the bf bc he wants to sleep with his gf? Come on. My kids have slept by themselves since they were babies. It’s healthy for children to have their independence…

1 Like

Just putting this out there. But if a dad did this. Wed be saying that’s gross and nasty. So I see his point

The fact that he “made fun” of your child as well as you is your first red flag. You are not in the wrong at all​:heart::heart:

As long as you are not engaging in inappropriate behavior then whenever you and your child feel like it. Whatever. Anyone biological parent or not has a problem with it and makes fun of it of finds it disturbing has mental problems. Eff that. Both me and my oldest son almost died during birth and my youngest died twice during his csection they are my angels. And fuck anyone who tells me anything or feels anything weird about how my relationship is With them. Don’t like it kick rocks. Its not open for discussion either. Cause I’d rather be without the company of man then to be in the company of anyone who has any sort of opinion about me as a mom or my childs dependency on me. I hope you stand your ground in this situation and throughout your life. :purple_heart:

Simple. Get rid of the boyfriend!

1 Like

God bless you sweetheart if he wants to sleep with you let him they’ll be gone before you know it he’ll be a grown man

1 Like

I do not regret letting my Littels sleep with me , I sure miss those days.

Please tell this dude to kick rocks!! He is talking trash about ur son to ur face!! And ur sons face!!!

1 Like

He makes fun of you… and a little boy? He has to go…

Tell him to mind his business :woman_shrugging:t4: my 5 yo boy sometimes cosleeps and my 1 yo girl often cosleeps. They sleep much better knowing mom is so close

Take care of your son 1st…

Omg really. This was ur sons bed first so he can sleep in the damn couch if he don’t like it

My son is four n still crawls into bed with me

He needs to be in his own bed.

Need to start letting him try to sleep in his room but it takes time.

Hes the problem not your son

1 Like

Sounds like you need to get rid of the boyfriend

I’ve got a 5 year old girl who sleeps with me .Tonight sges at her grans yet I still get no peace cos I’m currently lying in bed watching corra and my 18 year old 6ft 5 son has jumped in :joy: x

Im 26 and still love sleeping in bed with my mom🤷‍♀️ fuck him, your son is your everything and if it bothers a man in anyway, he isnt the one🤟

I think your Boyfriend needs to go

He has a problem not you or your son

He should be in his own bedroom.

Your child, your bed, do what the fuck you want

Tell him to fuck off

Bye to the boyfriend :wave:t2:

Get ready of boy friend

Listen to all us please! Dump the dude!!

2 Likes

Kick him the fuck out

1 Like

Kick ass to curb fuck him

Tasha Koroneos Tajana Kondic Sonja Karovski

My 9 year old son still sleeps with me!

Omg how do you women have boyfriends and husbands??? Your sons especially will never have normal relationships with a women and neither will you with a man!!! This is not normal!! I would NEVER let a man non related sleep next to MY CHILD just because I want to sleep with them.

1 Like

I get it bcus I’m a single Mom of four boys… It’s just us, so I don’t mind & have become accustomed to my boys sleeping in my bed… I tried having a relationship& he moved in, so my boys started sleeping in their own beds… It wasn’t a problem. For him to say you’re weird or gross for your son sleeping in your bed… No. He’s a little boy. The guy sounds like a complete douche… A very disrespectful one at that. You do what you feel is right. That’s your baby… He will always be there… These guys come & go.

This is stupid girl he moved in fast and he complaining about your kids ooooooo you stupid that all I have to say. Get yourself together first before getting idiot bfs