My boyfriend is mad I want to start working out: Thoughts?

Exercise, sleeping regular hours, eating balanced meals help when you have depression

1 Like

Leave him. Fuck that insecure bullshit. You deserve better.

That is very toxic and manipulative! It will only get worse girl put your foot down hes not only messing with your physical health but your mental health!

3 Likes

Do what you need to do for you no one else , and he should be your number one supporter more than anything

Just work out and dont mention it to him that’s what I do , you need to put yourself first which I’m learning to do

If wrkin out helps u then do it for u and only if he feels ur doing it for different reasons then hes got issues.but do it for you and ur piece of mind in feeling better bout your self

1 Like

This is one of the stigmas behind mental issues that it “is all in our head”…that mind set HAS GOT TO STOP…how many real, really bad things has that mindset been linked to in the past…i.e. suicides, all because ppl are told it’s all in our head…
To me, it sounds like he wants control over you and this is one one he can keep it…
I am sorry if I am coming across as “passionate” but I have been treated like this throughout my life and it is NOT just in my head…it is as real as if I had diabetes or any other illness…Please do NOT let him do this to you…you do whatever you have to do for Yourself to help you feel better…God Bless…:heart:

6 Likes

He should be encouraging you nothing less!

My bf encourages me to work out because it feels good to lose weight. I went with him for a while but it hurts my leg because my knee hurts.

Cardio in particular is a great tool for anxiety. But you need help now and meds can be that help while you work through other things that take more time. Do what’s best for YOU. You can’t be the best momma if your struggling.

2 Likes

Honestly, he really should understand that exercising is for staying active, its too be happy, it boosts your mood, show him research that proves that. Besides, who keeps a person from exercising??

I’m so sorry your beau is lacking compassion. Be very careful and listen to your intuition with him , and trust your gut . My warning bells go off inside after reading that post .

3 Likes

There is some kind of issue going on and I think you should get to the bottom of it. Why is he so insecure?

Insecure selfish man. Do what you need to do for you. A man that truly cared about you would want you to feel your best. This man isnt treating you like a human being.

2 Likes

Hey . if you wanna work out do it . he sounds very controlling and manipulative . if there aint a ring on your finger live life as you see fit if he dont like it dont let the hit him where the good lord split him on the way out sounds possesive and jealous . which =major issues run forest

1 Like

My daughter is 41 yrs old and does CrossFit 3 times a week, she no longer has anxiety nor depression… I say go for it and show him a better improved you… he might like it!

2 Likes

Sounds like the boyfriend needs to see the Dr.

You need to Workout for you.
This Guy seems very insecure and controlling.No one deserves to be treated that way.You don’t put your Foot down His behavior may escalate to verbal and physical abuse.You have the right to feel good about yourself.Personally I would leave the Guy and not look back.

1 Like

If he’s not supporting you,get out QUICK.

2 Likes

I’m sure you already know the answer. It’s not rocket science. He’s insecure and because of your depression, he is dragging you with him…seems like you’re looking for affirmation to what you already know. Good luck to you.

He should want a hot momma! Do it for you and no one else. He needs to get over it. Just saying. My husband loves for me to work out.

Sounds like he’s the one with issues. He should realize that you want to take care of yourself and the baby, not impress other people (men).

Your partner should be a source of support. You need to work out and not feel bad about doing what you need to for you to be a good Mom or just for yourself. Imagine if you saw one of your kids asking this question.
Your boyfriend is insecure and he has some work he needs to do on himself.

4 Likes

Definitely work out. 1 Taking care of yourself allows you to better take care of your family
2 Talk to your Dr about your meds.
I agree with some of the others. His attitude sounds like a control issue. I hope the two of you can work this out

Make yourself happy first before your boyfriend he’ll get over it

1 Like

Why would he be mad,at that. If you want to work out that is your business. You don’t need his permission.

Anyone who is not supportive of you doing something for yourself your health and happiness should be ashamed of themselves. Tell him that his insecurities are his to deal with and to stop projecting onto you. You need to remember that only you can let someone hold you back and you are the one who trains people how they can treat you, don’t put the key to your happiness in anyone else’s pocket.

1 Like

you know do what you feels best for you if u want to work out dont let the man controll you and i am jusy the same anxious about hoe i look but i dont do it to impress other people than myself xx

I agree with Jennifer H
So be aware of the situation did you ask him to come with and work out as well. As for the Dr make sure you go this is not only about physical but your over all mental health be true to yourself and just do you.

Why is he your boyfriend and not your husband this is your first mistake and him telling you what to do is your second

1 Like

Why would he be mad that you want a healthy body?

Not friends do not tell you what to do. Do not be mean but tell him nicely you still are free to do what you want.

Sorry but just from reading your story it sounds like you have those issues because of this guy your with, omg sorry but you need to start over without him.

What ? That makes NO sense. Working out is healthy for mommas mind and body. What’s he concerned about :woman_shrugging:t2:?

You have to do what makes you feel better about your self and maybe once he sees how happy you are and feeling better he will support you and :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::sake::heartbeat: you even more

You need a more supportive boyfriend.

2 Likes

Do it! Your doing it for you not him!

Insecure…do u!! Always choose u!!

It’s not about him he will be ok. Put God first then SELF​:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

give in to this…whats next???

1 Like

Tell your boyfriend to go kick rocks and do what You need to be your best you.

Do what you gotta do. He sounds controlling.

Take care of you. You know what you need and he will have to deal with it

Ignore him. See your Dr and work out.

Ditto what everyone else is saying

Go workout. Hes insecure. Do what makes you feel good.

Do what you think you need to do for YOU!!

You need to lose about 200 lbs really quick…the boyfriend. Do what makes YOU happy… if that is getting yourself back in good shape to be healthy and boost your confidence then he should be supportive…

1 Like

Remember the old saying," If you don’t love yourself, how do you expect someone else too. You need to do the things that make you happy. Your happiness dose not come from anyone but you. You have to get your body and mind healthy, so you can take care of your family. Your boy friend is trying to keep you unhealthy so you will stay with him. But it is not about him. It is about your health. And slot of medication is not always the answer. You need to talk to God and do you.

Sorry but that is a form on mental abuse used to control what you do and I would tell him that. Don’t pack your bag and go on his guilt trips. Go work out. Enjoy your life. Most women including myself have been with a man who tries this. Don’t give in because it only gets worse. He should be encouraging you to do whatever makes you feel better. He’s selfish. I got rid of my first husband for this erratic behavior. My husband now would support whatever I wanted to do.

3 Likes

dump the bum and get child support from him

What a selfish dude :woman_facepalming:t2:
Work that weight off, be happy and then go throw it back for a man who appreciates you :speaking_head::speaking_head:

That’s his own insecurities let him go that’s toxic asf :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Research narcissistic personality disorder!

He’s jealous and insecure!

1 Like

He sounds narcissistic and insecure. It seems his security is dependent upon your insecurity. That is toxicity and dangerous for your mental health. You should run fast and hard.

GET RID OF YOUR BOYFRIEND first of all…second…you know your body and mental state nobody has the right to tell you what you can and can not do to make yourself feel better…if you wanna workout then girl go work out…if you wanna talk to your doctor then go see your doctor…YOU DO WHATS BEST FOR YOU AND SCREW WHAT OTHERS THINK!!!

1 Like

Take care of yourself that is always a good thing. Maybe a fear on his part there? Not supporting you being healthy is not healthy

That’s odd don’t let him stop u. Tell him it’s good for your health that’s what you’re focused on not finding another Man. Also maybe he would like to join u. U both can get healthier together!!

Give him his walking papers…

What he’s doing is a form of domestic abuse…
You have to set boundaries and be clear about them. Your health is important for you and your family and people who love you want you to be healthy. If he is willing to seek therapy then go to couple’s counseling. If he’s not, these problems are only going to grow with time and you need to rethink your relationship. Here is a link to some resources and information. Power and Control – YWCA Spokane

13 Likes

Ok but why would you have to ask permission to workout? I mean you don’t need a gym,Go outside jog, run, walk there’s also youtube at home workouts videos :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Take care of you for your children. Your boyfriend is obviously not a doctor so…no, I wouldn’t pay any attention to what he has to say. My husband would never tell me not to workout or go to the dr if I felt I needed to. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life

1 Like

You know what’s odd? this site is called “my husband is a blessing” . But every posting I’ve been reading is about some terrible boyfriend or dead beat dad.

He’s an insecure jealous ass. Have ONE conversation with him and if he doesn’t get it, you need to make a decision as to whether or not you want to continue this relationship.

1 Like

oh he’s in need of therapy

You stating he is your Boyfriend is part of the problem. Not even a husband should say or do that. To many men with husband labels and are far from it. He is not your husband. 2nd if he is that way he is possessive and jelouse…If he doesn’t want to take steps to heal what ever issues he has that makes him feel that way than RUN!!!

1 Like

Get rid of him if he doesnt support you. You are the only one in charge of your life. You are right to want to move your body itll extremely help! Try light yoga on youtube, help yourself by breathing techniques it balances the chemicals in your brain. Eat fruits, vegetables and nuts to stay grounded. Drink lots of water for your brain and body. Try walking and running it helps me faster. Treadmill of you can and watch these videos…

The point isn’t that he won’t let you work out, that’s another way he can control you. The real issue is that you have a legitimate mental disorder and he doesn’t try to help or even acknowledge that mental illness is a real health diagnosis. This isn’t the first red flag, dear, I know it’s hard with children and women always think their man will change, but you are in for a great deal of hurt if you stay with him.

well first off all, fuck your boyfriend. You need to get healthy and Fit. It feels good. Working out is a lifestyle, you will make so many more healthier choices that go with that (water consumption, food choices, more energy, etc). Be strong sweet mama! You got this!!!

He is obviously a very insecure man he’s afraid if you lose weight and start looking better than u do other men are going to want you even more and probably start flirting with you. And if he does anything wrong you’re going to be quick to leave him that’s what it sounds like to me

Wow… why do women stay with men like this? Why are you having kids unmarried with men like this… value yourself. Tell him if he can’t be supportive or at least a decent human being, he can leave.

Well if you’re in it to get healthy and to extend your life and it feel better about yourself there’s nothing wrong with that and if he can’t support you then you’re with the wrong person. There’s nothing wrong with personal growth especially if it makes the difference between living to 60 years old and living to 80 years old. Choices your life is yours his life is his if you can’t support you and wanting to become healthy periods and you might need to look to move on. if his insecurities stop you from living your life you’re living the wrong life

I say keep your eyes open - it sounds like he is controlling - do not let him - do what you have to - and talk to him and if he does anything to hurt you or the children - leave

If he doesn’t support you boot him. Sorry not sorry

See your Doctor. Take care of your health, or you willl be useless to your family…

Throw the whole man away.

Tell him to fuck off!

Leave. That is an emotionally and mentally abusive jerk

State took my license away at 18 now at 57
Thy gav them back plus
Thy donated a car to me
So I wash it to go Cruz
Here a pik of it

This is y I say I don’t need a woman
I do miss the love making
But not the drama

Work out. Have a spa day. Get your hair done. Buy new clothes. If it pisses him off oh well. YOU take care of YOU! You have to be able to take care of yourself because you “can’t pour from an empty cup”. Your kids need you to feel good about yourself. If it bothers him that much tell him he knows where the door is :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Your boyfriend is being unsupportive! Exercise will absolutely help those things. To be honest that’s a huge red flag. Someone who loves you wants you to take care of yourself and won’t belittle you for it.

6 Likes

Here at the court house
Trying to get certificate of completion of drug treatment court then federal building to update ssi

He’s jealous and insecure be careful because if he’s telling you no when its YOUR BODY then he will only get worse if I were you I’d leave quick he’s not in control of you so either you tell him like it is and he doesn’t control you or leave or take his crap and keep being depressed but that is going to hurt your kids too because they witness and hear everything those kids deserve better

1 Like

You don’t need his permission to do anything. Let him be mad, who cares? You do what’s best for you. He sounds very insecure and unsupportive and obviously has no clue what mental health issues are that need to be medicated. He needs to adjust to reality and quick.

2 Likes

He sounds like a narcissist honestly in the beginning stages (where it finally starts to show). Do what’s best for you and your babies! Honestly after being in an abusive relationship with a narcissist, I would get away as soon as you can.

8 Likes

Well really serotonin is all in your head but it releases and makes you feel better after excersizes or activity and light so you will feel better. Doesnt he want you to feel better like safe and healthy and useful to him and your family. Invite him to go with if he is grown up

1 Like

These are my grandparents who at the age of 2, till 30 I lived with funny thou my grama sister cheated on her husband and gav birth to my dad

Do what is best for you and your mental health! I think it’s great that you know your body well enough to realize you’re slipping back. If exercise and losing the baby weight helps you feel better do it. Your kids need a happy mom, not a controlled one. If he truly loves you, he’ll jump on board and support you however you need it! Good luck, you got this!

2 Likes

He is wrong. He is trying to twist HIS insecurities on you. Go workout. And he can either get with it or get gone. You deserve to feel good, look, and be healthy

3 Likes

Maybe has insecure tell him that you don’t care what other people think (including him) and you wanna feel better and be healthier for the baby and so you can be with him longer
Also I agree with the narcissist thing ^ hes being controlling or he wouldn’t have an issue with you being on meds…yes some things are in people’s heads…usually that’s WHY we need the meds

1 Like

Do it for you. Exercise is important for mental wellbeing so it will help you. If he doesn’t like it, do it when he’s out.

1 Like

This is the woman I met 14yrs ago we hated each then n 2011 we got 2gether I don’t need a beautiful woman beauty only skin deep

Your boyfriend is insecure and frankly a child himself for that comment. Working out is great for mental wellbeing as well as physical.

5 Likes

This my sister 14yrs ago when she got married

Last one have to smoke and jet out of here
My sister proving she can hang with the big dogs

1 Like

That is extremely wrong of him. He should be encouraging you to be healthy!!!

2 Likes

You need to leave him. That’s not right…

2 Likes

Wow, this is easy!work out and do what you have to do. He’s always going to be insecure. It’s not you or about you…move on