My boyfriend refuses to let go all out for my sons Easter basket

Tell your boyfriend to eat shit-bark at the moon- and get the hell out.

Is it his kid ???
He is yours and if u want to spoil him then do so. Your boyfriend will get over it

1 Like

Your child. And Your house :joy: he moved into your place.
Me and my boyfriend got together afew months after Easter a year and a half ago. And he helped me make the candy baskets and buy Afew of the premier toy ones. Along with other things for my kids. He knows I’m excessive and he’s ok with it and practically supports it cause he likes seeing the kids happy and having fun. 

3 Likes

Go all out for your kid…kick the bf allllll the way out. Period.

2 Likes

Your. Kid. Comes. First.
I said what I said

4 Likes

He’s your child not your boyfriend stand your ground mama why change something you’ve always done for your child to make your boyfriend happy

Why did you have to even question it. I would tell him to beat it and go all out for my kid. I’m a single mom with one child and I do as much as I can and like to go all out for him as well. Fuck the boyfriend it’s your kid your money.

Uh why would you ever let a man who isn’t his dad tell you how to raise him?

5 Likes

It shouldn’t matter what he has to say, that’s YOUR child…do what you always do!!

1 Like

If you want to go all out for son then go all out . Don’t let no one come in between that . Spoil him as much as you want he’s your son and should always come before anyone !

3 Likes

Children first!!! Get rid of him!!!

Get rid of the boyfriend. That’s a huge red flag and there will be more things that he tries to control.

5 Likes

Ummmm 1. It’s your kid your money, you get to decide 2. Show him the door :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

4 Likes

So he moved into your place, telling you what to do with your son and telling you how to spend your money yet you’re torn??

3 Likes

Men come and go. Enjoy your child, make the memories and if your boyfriend can’t understand that…then he’s not the one for you. My son is 26 and he still remembers the little things.

1 Like

Yea this is sus. Sounds like he needs a lesson in, your kid comes first. Sounds like an insecurity on his end.

2 Likes

Your kids comes first. Period. Before you, and damn sure before any man.

While I don’t agree with going all out for Easter, it’s a matter of us mothers are all different. No man would tell me what I could or couldn’t do for my kids.

1 Like

Your boyfriend could be gone in 2 seconds. Your child is YOUR CHILD. he will always been in your life. If you spoil spoil with that’s needed:swim suit, shoes, sunglasses, etc not things child doesnt need. Your child comes first

2 Likes

I agree in the middle here. Easter is not a second Christmas. Easter and Christmas aren’t even gift giving holidays.
However, I do love spoiling my babies on said holidays, just not making it ALL about gifts. My kids aren’t even allowed to ask me for things on holidays or make me a list.
That’s being said I think for Easter, giving summer clothes, bathing suits and outside toys for summer are good. Chalk, jump rope, soccer ball, etc etc. you know your kids.
But things such as a new phone, tv, car, dirt bike, gaming system is ridiculous.

1 Like

Ain’t no man going to tell me not to do something that I want to for my kids. Go all out. They are only little once.

4 Likes

You are a mom first before you are a girlfriend. Enjoy Easter with your son however you want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lmfao my man said the same thing I told him in the future once we do move in together that he handles the mortgage I’ll handle Easter :joy:

Your kid
Your choice
Simple

2 Likes

Tell your bf to zip it and respect how YOU are parenting YOUR son. If you want to be extra, be extra. Unless he’s paying for it all then he can zip it.

5 Likes

BF sounds like a jerk

2 Likes

Nice guy :roll_eyes:
Go for it! He’s your child! If boyfriend doesn’t like it and can’t handle how you show your child love and affection and happiness… there’s the door! :hatching_chick: :rabbit: Happy Easter! P.s. my boys Easter baskets are big and I’m so excited for them to have them!

Your child always comes first. It’s your money and nobody can dictate what you do with it. If your bills are paid, then you do whatever you please with what’s left.

Y’all are both doing too much because Easter isn’t a holiday and he’s just a visitor at the moment. You can still do stuff for your kid but you invited him into your home so you knew he was going to have some opinions about certain things. All I can say is good luck because if this brings y’all to a crossroad y’all aren’t going to survive bigger issues

2 Likes

I agree :triangular_flag_on_post: red flag ! I got with someone that put my child first and wanted to spoil her as well (not spoil but definitely makes her feel loved and special)

1 Like

You don’t owe him obedience! If you are spending your money it’s none of his business!!

2 Likes

If you can afford it go for it but I do agree that Easter is not a second Christmas.

2 Likes

Get rid of your boyfriend… Your child comes first and im here to tell you there is a man out there that feels like you and will wanna go all out for every holiday because its about the kids … Trust me theses days pass fast and your need to enjoy every moment with your child …

2 Likes

Your kid come first, shouldn’t even be a question.

1 Like

Your kid not his… raise how you want… kids before cocks…

2 Likes

Ummmm you do whatever you want. If he doesn’t like it, there’s the door!

Go all out for your son hes yours not his smh

Throw the whole dude out!

It’s your son not his. Do what you want especially if you’re the one paying for it. He’s gonna have to deal with it. Why I’m just staying single I’m not taking opinions from guys that aren’t the dad of my sons. Son first always

Yeah, so that sounds like a red flag to me. Why is he so controlling and upset over how you celebrate Easter with your child?

You buy what you normally buy enjoy yourself there only a kid once and it goes quick

Its your kid not his, do whatever you want. Your son was here before him.

6 Likes

Spoil your baby, they are only little for a short time and some of their best memories will be the things you did for them. Its not always about the money, but it is about the effort. Spoil the kid and explain to the bf it is your choice. :v::green_heart:

2 Likes

If he wants to put limitations on Easter, imagine all the other things/events he will expect to have a say in! I’d put my foot down in these early days and stand your ground. Do not change your parenting to please anyone else :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

If you can afford to spoil your son at Easter then do soo. If he has a problem with it then let him. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Not even a question. He is your child!

3 Likes

What you do is you put your child first because most likely that guy won’t be around for long it doesn’t matter how he feels it’s not his business

2 Likes

They are young only once, go all out!!!

2 Likes

What do you mean go full out? Like are you getting an x-box or are you just buying a ton of candy and a few little things? I do agree that people who spend hundreds on their kids is a little extreme but that’s just my take.

Honestly we get made fun of for “replicating Christmas” at our house on Easter (last year they got scooters & my oldest got a bike) but imo I’d rather spend $100 on something they’ll use than something that’s unhealthy or will just be tossed in a few weeks.

If you’re not financially struggling or strapped than who cares at the end of the day is really what my opinion is. The bf may just not understand it.

1 Like

He is a jerk. Your kid will only be little once make magic for your baby!!

2 Likes

Are you asking him to convert the cost??? If the answer is no, do what YOU do! Let that baby have what he’s used to!

Hell nah who the hell is he to tell you what and what not to get YOUR son, screw that and him

1 Like

The day someone else tries to tell me to do for/with my child, I’ll be single :blush: do what you want mama! And don’t let anyone else take away from you because it’s YOUR child

2 Likes

Its simple. Don’t change things up for your child to please ANYONE. Including your boyfriend. Why should your child miss out because a grown adult doesn’t like it?

2 Likes

Is he paying your bills? Is he buying the Easter stuff?
Your kid. Your money. Your decision. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

How he approached you about it shows he’s not good for you or your son.

1 Like

Red flag :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:. This man is your bf not his dad and even if he was who is he to tell you what to do with your child. If you want to go all out for Easter then dammit you do it! Don’t let nobody tell you otherwise.

1 Like

Don’t ever let a man tell you what to do regarding YOUR child!!! Boy bye.

1 Like

He is your child. You are free to do whatever you want. If he doesn’t agree that’s his problem and he can call a friend to complain about it. Not to you.

1 Like

That’s YOUR CHILD! you do what makes you feel good ! It’s not his say !

2 Likes

children come first period!

1 Like

U go as far out as u want,

1 Like

Do for your kids. Not your man

2 Likes

An entire grown man bitter over an Easter basket for a 5 year old child :clown_face:

2 Likes

It’s your child and your money he does not get to make those calls! He can put in his opinion but does not mean you have to follow it. If you wanna spend 100$ on Easter basket then spend it. He can’t control your money.

I’d consider it a huge red flag that he’s interfering with your parenting in such a major way, about such a minor thing. He can have opinions, but unless he’s been with you wayyyy longer than this, he doesn’t get to have strong opinions on your parenting. I’d definitely consider it a red flag and get rid of him

1 Like

He can go … you let him dictate that very small thing… it’s gonna allow him to eventually control everything. Run. Run as fast as you can

1 Like

If this is how he is after only a year and over an Easter basket- then how will he be later on~> He HAS TO GO!!! It’s YOUR Son- get that guy out of your life and away from YOUR SON, period. I hope you make the biggest and most magical basket for him this year JUST because!!:heart:

1 Like

Your child your choice! Boyfriend has no say!

Maybe you should make him an Easter basket, too, since he wants to act like a kid. Ew, throw the whole ass man away, give him back to the streets :no_good_woman:

Your child comes first, if he can’t accept it get rid of him

6 Likes

That’s your baby do what u want girl

1 Like

I’m not understanding how this is even a question? He would be getting his shit out of my house after YELLING (red flag!!) at ME IN MY HOUSE about how I wanted to celebrate a holiday with my damn child! I can’t even!!

1 Like

My two oldest boys got new loft beds, my daughter is getting her nose pierced, and youngest got a scooter that has led lights. A tree house my husband is building. Those are the big gifts then just the basic chalk, pool towels, jump rope, bubbles and candy! We as parents or adults buy throughout the year so Easter, birthday and Christmas we go all out. None of these kids are biologically his but he does whatever for my children as if they are his own. I’m sure he doesn’t complain when he wants to spend hundreds on something silly 🤷

2 Likes

Kick his ass out. That’s a huge red flag.

If you start the “choosing” game between your child and your man, the relationship will end poorly.

Why not just call it even and spoil them both! That’s my theory!

Careful with spoiling your child. That’s how you end up with entitled brats. There is a difference in providing for and making sure your child has what they need and some of what they want versus them being spoiled.

Your boyfriend is right. Easter (or any other holiday) isn’t a second Christmas. Aside from that though, he’s just a douche and I would tell him to kick rocks! Unless y’all are in a financial situation or the money is coming from him only, he doesn’t have much of a say. Not to mention, if this has been your tradition, it’s your tradition. Yes, relationships are about compromise, but he doesn’t just get to come in and shut it all down!

2 Likes

End it now. I was in a similar situation and things like that started subtlety then gradually increased. Sometimes it’s control they are after: simply put say your son comes first and it’s best you do it with out him. Be careful he doesn’t take it out on the child.

Lmao boy bye!!! :triangular_flag_on_post: If it’s my own money I’m buying whatever I want for my kid. Easter is a second Christmas for my 5 year old and I give no fu**s what anyone says.

First off people saying it’s a red flag are stupid. You don’t need to spoil kids on every holiday.

It’s YOUR kid. Not his. If he just moved in, he has NO right to decide how much you spend on YOUR kid in YOUR house. As long as you can pay your part of the bills and he doesn’t pay for the kids toys I say he drops it or leaves. And he definitely shouldn’t yell at you for wanting to spoil your child. It was an idea. If teachers yelled at students for their answers then we’d have a bunch of traumatized children. He either stops being controlling or you drop him. Remember girlie, you do not NEED him. You want him. There’s a big difference. Make sure you’re paying attention to how he treats your boy. If he does that to you, there’s no telling how quickly he’d get frustrated if he was alone with your son.

1 Like

Girl fuck him that’s your baby he seems jealous

I mean he has a point. But it’s not his kid and it’s not his money.

Dude in your house telling you what to do with your kid? Nah bye boy

1 Like

He can move back out, yes?

3 Likes

you do what you want for the kids whether he is the father or not , kids come first period i spoil my kids on all holidays

Your kid, not his, no brainer…as someone who’s mom always listened to the flavor of the year instead of her own little girl, do your child a favor and dump the loser, and spend time with your kid the way you like to. I bet he loves it just as much as you do.

2 Likes

Is he the Dad? Are you asking him for money for the basket? Wonder what Christmas will bring… I always go all out for my son and he is 15 now and still do…nothing wrong with that at all… tell him that his opinion doesn’t matter since it’s YOUR son now his… :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

That’s your kid so you make the rules about him if it’s not taking out of his pocket and you’re paying for it yourself I don’t see why he doesn’t want to spoil your son. 

You tell him you will do what u want to do basically.If u r paying for it shouldn’t matter

That’s petty and stupid of him to react that way …wow

That’s your son! It’s honestly not his business… sounds like the control is kicking in im sure there are more red flags…just be careful n put your son first no matter what!!!

1 Like

It’s your kid not his🤷‍♀️

1 Like

If it’s your money he shouldn’t have any say

Your child comes first, if your boyfriend is already telling you what you should and shouldn’t do concerning your child , I would rethink him living there . He has zero say in how you parent . With that being said ,if you want to go all out that’s your decision to make . If the boyfriend who had o Lu been around a year has a problem ? I would be telling the boyfriend there’s the door .

3 Likes

O girl kids ALWAYS come 1st you MUST set this boundary ASAP

Why are you listening to him about YOUR son…if he don’t like it. Tell him he has 2 feet and a heart beat. Hit the road jack and don’t come back

1 Like

Your child comes before anyone and their opinion!

1 Like

Nope children comes firts🙏

The child should come before your boyfriend’s opinion