My boyfriend thinks I should pay half of the rent because I have a daughter: Thoughts?

If he is questioning paying half and using your daughter as the reason he is not worth keeping. You and your daughter deserve a real man who wants to do his share as a real man does and sees and your child is part of you. I say take out the trash now :wink:

1 Like

This person is obviously not ready or willing to be a stepparent, so I have no idea why you’re still with him.

10 Likes

Bye Felicia 🙋🙋🙋🙋 don’t need that worthless piece of :poop::poop::poop::poop:

3 Likes

Why are you wanting to split the expenses for. Ain’t you a couple or are u just a single mother

2 Likes

No you are not wrong!!

Tell his ass to go pay all his bills on his own…

Y’all have been together for half her life and he doesn’t see her as part of his family? That’s a huge red flag.

21 Likes

I think you should leave that relationship, imagine if he’s being unfair with rent now that’s she’s five how he will treat her as she grows older. You both deserve better.

19 Likes

He needs to be tossed out ASAP!

2 Likes

Take out that trash girl!

You’ve been with him for 2 1/2 years and you’re living together? Throw the whole man away. He’s clearly not mature or responsible enough to be in a serious relationship with someone who has a child.

4 Likes

If your in a relationship surely you can pool all wages and then pay all bills what’s left over it up to both of you what the rest goes to.
My husband and I have done it this way from the start. I had kids he didn’t.

1 Like

Yeah you can pretty much guess how the future is going to look if he already charging a 5 year old rent. It isnt pretty so please safe yourself and your child the heartache

23 Likes

Yikes on several bikes. He’s not a partner, he’s a child.

3 Likes

I don’t know where this “half” BS comes from. You move in together, you pay the bills together. Each of you provides what you can to the household, and to the relationship.

That’s like arguing that one owes the other more of a backrub because ones body is bigger than the other.

I mean … really?? Come on, now.

Love and relationships are not business contracts. The days of "fair/not fair went out the window with your training wheels and tether ball. This is the game of life. Time to grow up.

21 Likes

Leave, find a man that puts you on a pedestal. Or charge him for sex. No point giving that for free when he is charging you half of everything else.

Lots of fish in the sea. You’re dating a shrimp.
I know nothing about sea food so don’t kill me :joy:

9 Likes

My thoughts you should always pay half when in a relationship you and yours and Him and his.

This is a clear indicator of what your future is going to look like. I would get out of this while you can.

11 Likes

Definitely tripping ass mfer… tell his worthless ass to pay 100 of everything and leave

Huge :triangular_flag_on_post:! He’s the other adult. When I was dating my husband and we moved in together (I had a 3 year old) he paid 100% of the rent. Seems like money is more important to him than your daughter. Drop his a**.

11 Likes

Yes you should be paying half of everything

1 Like

Dump his ass and get you a real man

He should pay all. He has resentment

3 Likes

Run girl. If his idea of partnership is mine and yours, it isn’t going to work out

1 Like

You aren’t asking him to pay half of your daughters expenses and she isn’t contributing to the household financially. Your child support is doing that and just like it’s not his responsibility to pay for her, it’s not his concern or business who or how you and the father do that.
You could be earning more money than your boyfriend or have other sources of income, for example, that has nothing to do with your boyfriends cost of living, your money isn’t his money.
He needs to pay his share of expenses, like any adult. He isn’t your responsibility , he isn’t your child. Your daughter isn’t his sibling or rival. Everyone needs a roof over their head and food on the table and power/electric, phone, car, etc. Make him pay his own way and share costs 50/50.
If you can’t ask him to do this and agree, good luck with trying to build a life/family with him.

1 Like

Why are you in a relationship with someone with this immature mentality?? It’s not going to get better, run now!! Stop ignoring red flags.

7 Likes

Girl if a man told me that me and my 5 year old would have our own place and paying all the rent. And not a man in this would would ever be able to speak to me like that ever again.

If ur not paying half down at least as the man then why u even here?

No that’s ridiculous. Sorry to say that if he is already resenting your child it’s time for him to leave. A real man would never behave this way.

6 Likes

Why shouldn’t you, at least he offered to paying half,and not 1/3!

Edit, i’ve read read😂

I’d tell him if I’m paying More then half I’ll just pay it all and my life will no longer Include you. I mean is he a partner or a roommate???

10 Likes

too many children wind up physically abused or dead at the hands of boyfriends. he’s given you red flags that he is no good for your child.

19 Likes

Wow. I’m so glad after 2.5 years he’s finally good at the equation. Math isn’t for everyone. Neither are lazy selfish men.

3 Likes

It’s the audacity for me.

3 Likes

If he is sharing half the space, food, entertainment, etc. He needs to be paying half. Period.

9 Likes

If he is thinking this way now, he will never accept your child as his. Please think hard and long about what he is saying. After being together for 2 1/2 years and pulling this. He is looking for away out. Give it to him

14 Likes

Get out!! Get out as soon as you can.

3 Likes

Tell his ass to grow up and then kick his ass out. You don’t need no man who trys to get over on your having a five year old. Run and don’t look back

There are 2 people with incomes-the 5 year old doesn’t have a job. Split it or better yet, ditch him.

13 Likes

Dump him. Sounds like a douchebag.

7 Likes

If he lives there and your in a relationship and he loves you then yes

If he’s that picky about a 5 yr old, you need to DUMP HIM. What a loser!!

9 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::wastebasket: :wastebasket::wastebasket::wastebasket:
NO, if it’s gonna be split it should be split 50/50!! When he chose to be with you he chose to be with your child as well and paying half is definitely fair. sounds like you pay for the babies stuff anyways so he’d be paying half or finding a place to live :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

My fiance was a single parent, and so was I when we got together. We’ve been together for 4 years and have 3 children ( my 2, his 1) between us… he pays our rent, and I pay utilities to make things as fair as possible he also makes a good bit more than I do. Neither of us get child support, we support each other. It is each of our responsibility to take care of the kids. His way of thinking is so so wrong!! A man that doesnt look at your child as his own by 2 and a half years has got to go. I know it’s hard when you love someone, but you and your daughter deserve so much better!!

4 Likes

Yeah girl run… And I would tell him you are definitely gonna pay the rent somewhere else!!

2 Likes

Run from him as fast as you can.

7 Likes

Throw the whole man away…

2 Likes

I say you pay 100% and tell that Foo :wave:t3: bye! He can find someone at roommates .com

4 Likes

Know your worth sweety! Leave dat man!!

5 Likes

No u should noth be paying the rent

When you get into a relationship with someone that has kids, those kids are a peice of your partner.

1 Like

If he was actually childish enough to say that , dump his ass fast!
And don’t look back!

Get out now. No good will come from that. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

1 Like

If he even thinks like that he a buster and you should move on … That aint no man

6 Likes

Sounds like a jerk get rid of him

1 Like

If you are smart, he will be simply just another man done gone. Your child deserves better and so do you. Leave him in the dustbin like the garbage he is!

2 Likes

Coming from someone who wanted my 4 year old (at the time) to put his child support towards his “third” of the bills. Ended up beating us both.

My now husband refuses to touch my kids child support and encourages me to put it up or in a savings for him when he’s older… and that’s HIS son…

Please reevaluate this situation love :heart:

13 Likes

Leave that child, not the one you Birthed but the one thinking he’s man … Cause no MAN would think like this.

5 Likes

Loser, get rid of him

Id leave. Hes clearly no good. & hes obviously trash. You dont date someone then say you need to split rent bc on has a child that isnt yours. My husband was a single father when I met him & he offered to pay for my stuff all the time even though I rarely let him bc I was working & had no kids. Now were married & have a daughter plus 1 on the way he pays for all our things. Regardless of me working he has never asked me for a dime.

That’s not a man. He doesn’t see you’re children as a package deal with you , he sees her as another expense and just a person in the household and that’s not a good person to be with .

8 Likes

If he wants you to pay 2/3 rent. Tell him to grow up. Find a new boyfriend…that’s not acceptable. That is a red flag. Rent should be split amongst adults over 18 not a 5 yr old child.

1 Like

Throw him away. He’s been with you 2.5 years and now he’s causing issues. I’d just move on.

1 Like

Oh hell nah, half and half is right! You and your daughter are a package deal! That is ridiculous for him to even think that’s a reasonable conclusion. He’s out if line

1 Like

Dump his ass. A man is meant to be a provider and protector!

Kid or not everything should be half and half

Pay all ur rent and say bye

6 Likes

He’s not your people. He must pay 1/2

2 Likes

This page can’t be real life :joy:

1 Like

Wtf walk away love honestly :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:
A low life man

2 Likes

He should be 70/30 to be real- and whatever you got coming w you- 1,2,3 kids/dogs/cats/birds idc - he accepted it and that’s part of it- taking care of the household- he’s salty about something if he feels this way- tell him you don’t need a room mate u need a man!

5 Likes

Why is this even a question? Man, it’s no wonder why we are talked down to and not held to the same standards as men! GET RID OF HIM!!!

2 Likes

He’s not responsible for supporting your daughter. I bet she has her own room. So he only has half a bedroom while you have 1 & half. If it wasn’t for your daughter you could have a 1 bedroom which would be cheaper. Plus less utilities. I agree with him. Household bills should be spilt in 3rds. You paying 2/3, him 1/3. Why should he be held more accountable for your daughters needs than her father is? If your child support doesn’t cover half of a 3rd (your daughters portion) of household bills take your ex back to court. Bring in proof of your bills & show your math. That’s exactly what child support I’d for. Not what boy friends are for.

Wait. So he wants to pay a third? No. The kid doesn’t have a job…

1 Like

Splitting the bills is not an issue. However your babygirl being an apparent burden to him is an issue.

16 Likes

All I’ll say is do better and don’t settle my fiance is not the bio dad of my three year old but he is there emotional physical an financial he pays for daycare in full and doesn’t mind

2 Likes

Red rag his ass. Let him go. He is just cheap ass user.

Throw the whole boyfriend away

5 Likes

Huge red flag. Get out while you can. If he was a “man” and was committed to you both (when your in a relationship with a mom) he should think of your daughter as his family too. Sorry your going though this BS girl. Don’t let the door hit him in the ass on the way out

1 Like

Advise him your not supporting him, he should be supporting himself and not taking money from you and your child cause that’s what he’s doing, if he ain’t paying his way in that way than that means you have less for you and your daughter, he might as well leave if he doesn’t want to contribute properly. Tell him either he chips in or he lives someone else cause you should t have to support him

Well he is right that he only use a third but at the same time you may want to rethink this relationship if he is complaining about expenses that include your child. Sounds like he has not bonded with this child and sees your relationship as a financial situation. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Girl leave his ass. You need a man but hes acting worse than your 5 year old child - he should be willing to pay all the rent thats what a real man would do not complain you have daughter. If he doesnt like it then on to the next baby girl. You come as a package if he cant come to terms with that then say boy, bye! Remember you’re also showing your daughter it is okay to be treated like that by a man. Show her you dont take shit from any man & that you as a queen deserve a king if he aint able to step up then let that loser go.

Are you really asking this? You’re lying to yourself if you think for a minute this is ok. :roll_eyes: Kick him to the curb!

2 Likes

Pay yur own rent and pack his stuff :v:t4:

You dont count children…

1 Like

Ok first of all him including your child in on the expenses as if she is suppose to be responsible is a JOKE! Yeah I would be reconsidering the relationship and taking a deeper look at how much of a bond he really has with your child. My now husband moved in with my 2 childern from a previous relationship and wanted to cover ALL costs of expense since I was a single mom at the time. Thats how much love he had for my boys and I. He wanted any money I did make go towards anything the kids needed and rent/expenses he had paid for even when I still said I would pay half he was like nope. Thats a decent good man does when he is in it for the whole family

11 Likes

Start looking for a new boyfriend.

5 Likes

Imagine years down the road and him still holding you to this standard. Girl you’ll get tired and taken advantage of. If he doesn’t see that child as his responsibility too then he needs to go.

3 Likes

Ummm. Why are you with a “man” who is complaining about having to provide for his girlfriend & child. Child may not be his but seriously? & you’re allowing him around your child when he’s acting like a douche like he didn’t know there would be responsibilities when he first entered the relationship?

If you’re not working, where is he expecting you to get the money from. Child support for the child & their needs. Period.

My other half is on another island for weeks at a time to work & provide while I’m at home with the kids. Every paycheck comes to me weekly & I handle bills, savings & what ever he needs while off island & what we need in our home.

He pays for everything while I take care of the house & kids while he’s away & my little business I run is extra money for us to have which isn’t much at a time. He has no complaints because ummmm…. We a damn team & im good w that.

2 Likes

Good god. You just adopted another child.

4 Likes

He see you more as a roommate than a wife. His thought process is he doesnt want to be her dad if he did he would provide for you both in the best way he can. I’d find my own place to call home if I were you.

8 Likes

No you guys are a package deal making you whole. He should of caught that at the beginning of the relationship but definitely a red flag. If he’s broke he could of just said that :joy:

7 Likes

That ain’t a man, sweetheart!

2 Likes

Proportionate according to salary from the two working. Not 50/50 but old-fashioned and should not be living with boyfriend. Protect your heart / body and make sure your daughter witnesses that you do so. If he makes $70k & you make $30k= 70%/30%. Professional will tell you if man can not decide you are marriage material in 6 months should move on…as should you. One year engaged, two years married. Sorry, both need premarital, Christian counseling. Read “Safe People”. Man should prepare provide & protect … only then should you nest / nurture.

4 Likes

You said it sis you are dealing with a BOYfriend, that is not a man, run while u still can!!!

2 Likes

He’s being an ass! Tell him he can do the cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping… What a jerk.

Girl, go ahead and abort mission. He sees your daughter as not his burden, he is not trying to build a family with you. He just wants someone to help him pay the bills. Don’t wait around, he isn’t going to change.

1 Like

Kick his a** to the curb. Children come first. Chalk the 2 1/2 yrs up to a lesson learned and find a real man.

6 Likes

Girl, no ur not wrong… you should just move in somewhere on your own… this sounds like a huge mistake!

2 Likes